Subject: [Healeys] 100 balance pipe gland seal ideas

From: Alan Seigrist via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 10:02:28 +0800

--===============9038737114218016647==

--000000000000472c7705bedfa053

Is there any conventional wisdom for making this seal?  This is on the
balance pipe between the carbs on the 100 engine.

I think originally it was some mixture of fibre/cloth and a tarlike
substance wound in a circle and compressed when assembled.  The o-rings
they provide in head gasket kits are a laughable substitute.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Alan

--000000000000472c7705bedfa053
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Is there any conventional wisdom for making this seal?=C2=
=A0 This is on the balance pipe between the carbs on the 100 engine.<br><br=
>I think originally it was some mixture of fibre/cloth and a tarlike substa=
nce wound in a circle and compressed when assembled.=C2=A0 The o-rings they=
 provide in head gasket kits are a laughable substitute.<div><br></div><div=
>Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.</div><div><br></div><div>Cheers=
,</div><div><br></div><div>Alan<br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div></di=
v>

--000000000000472c7705bedfa053--

--===============9038737114218016647==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============9038737114218016647==--