Subject: [Healeys] BN1 Questions

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 18:04:25 -0700

This looks to be a really nice BN1 FS in the Sacramento area. Couple 
things I haven't seen before:

1) What is the rectangular block-shaped piece at the joint of oil pan 
and the bellhousing? Something particular to BN1s?

2) Is that a fan mounted on the underside near the passenger footwell 
(pretty sure this can't be stock)? Is this yet another way to ventilate 
the engine compartment?

https://images.craigslist.org/00a0a_l8zMC86ySSVz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Steven Kingsbury via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 05:29:31 -0000 MailServer2104B236.10000-Famine2104-0-1f1940d174dc definitions=2021-03-19_01:2021-03-17, 2021-03-19 signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1015 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=999 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-2006250000 definitions=main-2103190040

--===============1551556923452963978==

--Apple-Webmail-42--486985a7-fa17-4ff8-b654-ebbe95672014
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    charset=utf-8;
    format=flowed

I saw this car some years ago in either Tahoe or Jackson. The gentleman wh=
o owned the car at the time, could still be the same guy, but anyway, I as=
ked him about the fan set up and he claimed it worked great at extracting =
hot air from the engine compartment and kept his car running cool. I had j=
ust added a marine fan at the time on my car that blew cold air directly o=
n the carbs.=C2=A0=0A=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0If I remember correctly, the air fr=
om the engine was blown down to the ground and the hot air was "sucked" ou=
t of the engine compartment. Never saw a set up like that before and this =
is the first time I've seen it since.=0ASteven Kingsbury=0ABN1=0A=0AOn Mar=
ch 18, 2021 at 6:05 PM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:=0A=0A=0A=
This looks to be a really nice BN1 FS in the Sacramento area. Couple=0Athi=
ngs I haven't seen before:=0A=0A1) What is the rectangular block-shaped pi=
ece at the joint of oil pan=0Aand the bellhousing? Something particular to=
 BN1s?=0A=0A2) Is that a fan mounted on the underside near the passenger f=
ootwell=0A(pretty sure this can't be stock)? Is this yet another way to ve=
ntilate=0Athe engine compartment?=0A=0Ahttps://images.craigslist.org/00a0a=
_l8zMC86ySSVz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg=0A_______________________________________=
________=0ASupport Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html=0ASuggested an=
nual donation $12.75=0A=0AArchive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive=0A=[email-masked]=0Ahttp://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys=0A=0AUnsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=0A=0A
--Apple-Webmail-42--486985a7-fa17-4ff8-b654-ebbe95672014
    charset=utf-8;
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div>I saw this car some years ago in either Tahoe or Jackson. The gentlem=
an who owned the car at the time, could still be the same guy, but anyway,=
 I asked him about the fan set up and he claimed it worked great at extrac=
ting hot air from the engine compartment and kept his car running cool. I =
had just added a marine fan at the time on my car that blew cold air direc=
tly on the carbs.&nbsp;</div><div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If I remember correctl=
y, the air from the engine was blown down to the ground and the hot air wa=
s "sucked" out of the engine compartment. Never saw a set up like that bef=
ore and this is the first time I've seen it since.</div><div>Steven Kingsb=
ury</div><div>BN1</div><div><br>On March 18, 2021 at 6:05 PM, Bob Spidell =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><div><blockquote type=3D"=
cite"><div class=3D"msg-quote"><div class=3D"_stretch"><span class=3D"body=
-text-content">This looks to be a really nice BN1 FS in the Sacramento are=
a. Couple <br>things I haven't seen before:<br><br>1) What is the rectangu=
lar block-shaped piece at the joint of oil pan <br>and the bellhousing? So=
mething particular to BN1s?<br><br>2) Is that a fan mounted on the undersi=
de near the passenger footwell <br>(pretty sure this can't be stock)? Is t=
his yet another way to ventilate <br>the engine compartment?<br><br><a hre=
f=3D"https://images.craigslist.org/00a0a_l8zMC86ySSVz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg" =
data-mce-href=3D"https://images.craigslist.org/00a0a_l8zMC86ySSVz_0CI0pO_6=
00x450.jpg">https://images.craigslist.org/00a0a_l8zMC86ySSVz_0CI0pO_600x45=
0.jpg</a><br>_______________________________________________<br>Support <a=
 href=3D"http://Team.Net" data-mce-href=3D"http://Team.Net">Team.Net</a> <=
a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" data-mce-href=3D"http://www.tea=
m.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual=
 donation $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/=
healeys" data-mce-href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://ww=
w.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"=
 data-mce-href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/arc=
hive</a><br><br><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" data-mce-href=3D=
"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" data-mce-href=3D"http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listin=
fo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" data-mce-href=3D"=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
om">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/airtightproductions@iclo=
ud.com</a><br><br></span></div></div></blockquote></div></body></html>
--Apple-Webmail-42--486985a7-fa17-4ff8-b654-ebbe95672014--

--===============1551556923452963978==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1551556923452963978==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 09:02:19 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7621684614516925223==
 boundary="------------5AE29FCA18E434AA483E3A4C"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------5AE29FCA18E434AA483E3A4C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

That was my thought, too. Yes, pulling the hot air off the left side of 
the engine would be most effective--would work good on RHD cars--but 
evacuating the whole engine bay would help, too (since we've pretty much 
decided lack of airflow in the bay is at least part of the cause of 
overheating, esp. at idle). It wouldn't somewhat defeat its purpose, 
which pusher fans on the radiator are said to do.

Is anyone tempted to buy this car? $80K is a bit rich, methinks, though 
it is a really nice car, but I've got my hands full with two Healeys. At 
least Healeys aren't being impaired by the shortage of semiconductor chips.

Bob

On 3/18/2021 10:29 PM, Steven Kingsbury wrote:
> I saw this car some years ago in either Tahoe or Jackson. The 
> gentleman who owned the car at the time, could still be the same guy, 
> but anyway, I asked him about the fan set up and he claimed it worked 
> great at extracting hot air from the engine compartment and kept his 
> car running cool. I had just added a marine fan at the time on my car 
> that blew cold air directly on the carbs.
>    If I remember correctly, the air from the engine was blown down to 
> the ground and the hot air was "sucked" out of the engine compartment. 
> Never saw a set up like that before and this is the first time I've 
> seen it since.
> Steven Kingsbury
> BN1
>
> On March 18, 2021 at 6:05 PM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> <https://images.craigslist.org/00a0a_l8zMC86ySSVz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg>

--------------5AE29FCA18E434AA483E3A4C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    That was my thought, too. Yes, pulling the hot air off the left side
    of the engine would be most effective--would work good on RHD
    cars--but evacuating the whole engine bay would help, too (since
    we've pretty much decided lack of airflow in the bay is at least
    part of the cause of overheating, esp. at idle). It wouldn't
    somewhat defeat its purpose, which pusher fans on the radiator are
    said to do.<br>
    <br>
    Is anyone tempted to buy this car? $80K is a bit rich, methinks,
    though it is a really nice car, but I've got my hands full with two
    Healeys. At least Healeys aren't being impaired by the shortage of
    semiconductor chips.<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 3/18/2021 10:29 PM, Steven Kingsbury
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div>I saw this car some years ago in either Tahoe or Jackson. The
        gentleman who owned the car at the time, could still be the same
        guy, but anyway, I asked him about the fan set up and he claimed
        it worked great at extracting hot air from the engine
        compartment and kept his car running cool. I had just added a
        marine fan at the time on my car that blew cold air directly on
        the carbs. </div>
      <div>   If I remember correctly, the air from the engine was blown
        down to the ground and the hot air was "sucked" out of the
        engine compartment. Never saw a set up like that before and this
        is the first time I've seen it since.</div>
      <div>Steven Kingsbury</div>
      <div>BN1</div>
      <div><br>
        On March 18, 2021 at 6:05 PM, Bob Spidell
        <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
        <br>
      </div>
      <div>
        <blockquote type="cite">
          <div class="msg-quote">
            <div class="_stretch"><span class="body-text-content">This
                looks to be a really nice BN1 FS in the Sacramento area.
                Couple <br>
                things I haven't seen before:<br>
                <br>
                1) What is the rectangular block-shaped piece at the
                joint of oil pan <br>
                and the bellhousing? Something particular to BN1s?<br>
                <br>
                2) Is that a fan mounted on the underside near the
                passenger footwell <br>
                (pretty sure this can't be stock)? Is this yet another
                way to ventilate <br>
                the engine compartment?<br>
                <br>
                <a
href="https://images.craigslist.org/00a0a_l8zMC86ySSVz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg"
data-mce-href="https://images.craigslist.org/00a0a_l8zMC86ySSVz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">https://images.craigslist.org/00a0a_l8zMC86ySSVz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg</a></span><br>
            </div>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------5AE29FCA18E434AA483E3A4C--

--===============7621684614516925223==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7621684614516925223==--