Subject: [Healeys] Push Button Solenoid - cast body repair?

From: Alan Seigrist via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 19:33:54 +0800

--===============6300604410765070696==

--000000000000e2544305bc77fee2

All -

The original solenoid on my '51 A90 is finally starting to fail, I can get
it to work by twisting the the button around until I find a part of the
solenoid that will make good contact, but it's not ideal.

I was wondering if it's possible to disassemble the cast metal solenoids
and repair them?  It's a rare original item so I'd like to keep it
operating if I can.

Otherwise I can just replace it with the standard solenoid available now.

Best Regards,

Alan

--000000000000e2544305bc77fee2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">All -<div><br></div><div>The original solenoid on my &#39;=
51 A90 is finally starting to fail, I can get it to work by twisting the th=
e button around until I find a part of the solenoid that will make good con=
tact, but it&#39;s not ideal.</div><div><br></div><div>I was wondering if i=
t&#39;s possible to disassemble=C2=A0the=C2=A0cast metal solenoids and repa=
ir them?=C2=A0 It&#39;s a rare original item so I&#39;d like to keep it ope=
rating if I can.</div><div><br></div><div>Otherwise I can just replace it w=
ith the standard solenoid available now.</div><div><br></div><div>Best Rega=
rds,</div><div><br></div><div>Alan</div></div>

--000000000000e2544305bc77fee2--

--===============6300604410765070696==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6300604410765070696==--