Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 original tires

From: healeyguy--- via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 00:59:02 +0000 (UTC)

--===============1977299918335167694==
	boundary="----=_Part_66093_504771585.1616633942175"

------=_Part_66093_504771585.1616633942175
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

ShawnIn an older Concours guidelines (2018) the provided info inferred that=
 there was no deduction for:=C2=A0Dunlop 5.90x15 bias-ply tires. That does =
not necessarily answer your question but is a basis for the way things are =
viewed in light of availability of current products.=C2=A0Perry

-----Original Message-----
From: S and T Miller via Healeys <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Mar 24, 2021 8:13 pm
Subject: [Healeys] 100 original tires

 I have a Dunlop Road speed RS4 (for display purposes only) hanging in my g=
arage. I was curious what originally came on the 100? Some sources state Du=
nlop road speed. From some light digging I did online it seems a RS2 or RS3=
 were never made available. Also found that the RS4 could have been used as=
 early as 56' and the RS5 around 59'. The period ads list the RS4 for the 3=
000 and a few other cars.=C2=A0
So my question is, was there a RS1? Or even just a Road Speed without any f=
urther letter/number identification? I almost feel comfortable pointing at =
the tire and saying "that is the original tire that would have come on my 5=
7' 100-6", but what about the 100. Hmmmmm.=C2=A0 Could be wrong though.
Thanks=C2=A0 all, Shawn
The Millers
=C2=A0
"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test dri=
ve."
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

@aol.com

------=_Part_66093_504771585.1616633942175
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 10pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div>Shawn</div>
In an older Concours guidelines (2018) the provided info inferred that there was no deduction for:&nbsp;<span style="font-weight: bold;">Dunlop 5.90x15 bias-ply tires</span>. That does not necessarily answer your question but is a basis for the way things are viewed in light of availability of current products.&nbsp;
<div>Perry<br>
<br>
<br>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: S and T Miller via Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Wed, Mar 24, 2021 8:13 pm<br>
Subject: [Healeys] 100 original tires<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv2611872367">

<div>

<div>I have a Dunlop Road speed RS4 (for display purposes only) hanging in my garage. I was curious what originally came on the 100? Some sources state Dunlop road speed. From some light digging I did online it seems a RS2 or RS3 were never made available.
 Also found that the RS4 could have been used as early as 56' and the RS5 around 59'. The period ads list the RS4 for the 3000 and a few other cars.&nbsp;</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>So my question is, was there a RS1? Or even just a Road Speed without any further letter/number identification? I almost feel comfortable pointing at the tire and saying "that is the original tire that would have come on my 57' 100-6", but what about the
 100. Hmmmmm.&nbsp; Could be wrong though.</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>Thanks&nbsp; all, Shawn</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>The Millers<br>

&nbsp;<br>

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test drive."<br>

</div>

</div>

</div>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys </a><a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</font></div>
</div>
</div>

------=_Part_66093_504771585.1616633942175--

--===============1977299918335167694==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1977299918335167694==--

---

From: Jean Caron via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 01:18:46 +0000

--===============5174687317654361448==
Content-Language: en-CA
	boundary="_000_DM6PR17MB2507D3CAAB638E5D6B676E85D1629DM6PR17MB2507namp_"

--_000_DM6PR17MB2507D3CAAB638E5D6B676E85D1629DM6PR17MB2507namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Shawn,
I have checked the book put out by Road & Track, about road tests of variou=
s models of Austin-Healey and other than references to the tire size 5.90 X=
15, there is very little about the brand although in the road test of the 1=
00M, they make mention of the Dunlop Road Speed.
Not knowing what countries required from these manufacturers, it is hard to=
 say what tires came with the cars in North America. I know that here in Ca=
nada, not sure what year either, the Canadian requirements were that the he=
adlights fitted to car coming from abroad had to be Canadian made, so eithe=
r cars came with headlights that were sent from Canada to the manufacturers=
 or they came here without headlights and were installed by the dealers. No=
wadays it is common that a car sold in a specific country must have a certa=
in percentage of the car that part have to come from the country where they=
 will be sold. As an example, today=92s Mini Cooper, when it launched in 20=
02, BMW listed 119 suppliers of parts, coming from Brazil, USA, Germany, UK=
, France, Italy, Austria, Belgium and Hungary.

Jean

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=3D550986> for Window=
s 10

Sent: March 24, 2021 7:15 PM
Subject: [Healeys] 100 original tires

I have a Dunlop Road speed RS4 (for display purposes only) hanging in my ga=
rage. I was curious what originally came on the 100? Some sources state Dun=
lop road speed. From some light digging I did online it seems a RS2 or RS3 =
were never made available. Also found that the RS4 could have been used as =
early as 56' and the RS5 around 59'. The period ads list the RS4 for the 30=
00 and a few other cars.

So my question is, was there a RS1? Or even just a Road Speed without any f=
urther letter/number identification? I almost feel comfortable pointing at =
the tire and saying "that is the original tire that would have come on my 5=
7' 100-6", but what about the 100. Hmmmmm.  Could be wrong though.

Thanks  all, Shawn

The Millers

--_000_DM6PR17MB2507D3CAAB638E5D6B676E85D1629DM6PR17MB2507namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:sc=
hemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/of=
fice/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DWindows-1=
252">
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style>
</head>
<body lang=3D"EN-CA" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"#954F72">
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Shawn,</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">I have checked the book put out by Road &amp; Track,=
 about road tests of various models of Austin-Healey and other than referen=
ces to the tire size 5.90 X15, there is very little about the brand althoug=
h in the road test of the 100M, they make
 mention of the Dunlop Road Speed. </p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Not knowing what countries required from these manuf=
acturers, it is hard to say what tires came with the cars in North America.=
 I know that here in Canada, not sure what year either, the Canadian requir=
ements were that the headlights fitted
 to car coming from abroad had to be Canadian made, so either cars came wit=
h headlights that were sent from Canada to the manufacturers or they came h=
ere without headlights and were installed by the dealers. Nowadays it is co=
mmon that a car sold in a specific
 country must have a certain percentage of the car that part have to come f=
rom the country where they will be sold. As an example, today=92s Mini Coop=
er, when it launched in 2002, BMW listed 119 suppliers of parts, coming fro=
m Brazil, USA, Germany, UK, France,
 Italy, Austria, Belgium and Hungary. </p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Jean</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Sent from <a href=3D"https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink=
/?LinkId=3D550986">
Mail</a> for Windows 10</p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<div style=3D"mso-element:para-border-div;border:none;border-top:solid #E1E=
1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"border:none;padding:0cm"><b>From: </b><a hr=
ef=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">S and T Miller via Healeys</a><br>
<b>Sent: </b>March 24, 2021 7:15 PM<br>
<b>To: </b><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
</a><br>
<b>Subject: </b>[Healeys] 100 original tires</p>
</div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">I have a Dunlop Road speed RS4 (for display purposes=
 only) hanging in my garage. I was curious what originally came on the 100?=
 Some sources state Dunlop road speed. From some light digging I did online=
 it seems a RS2 or RS3 were never
 made available. Also found that the RS4 could have been used as early as 5=
6' and the RS5 around 59'. The period ads list the RS4 for the 3000 and a f=
ew other cars.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">So my question is, was there a RS1? Or even just a R=
oad Speed without any further letter/number identification? I almost feel c=
omfortable pointing at the tire and saying &quot;that is the original tire =
that would have come on my 57' 100-6&quot;,
 but what about the 100. Hmmmmm.&nbsp; Could be wrong though.<o:p></o:p></p=
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Thanks&nbsp; all, Shawn<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
</div>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">The Millers<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&quot;Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a tes=
t drive.&quot;<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DM6PR17MB2507D3CAAB638E5D6B676E85D1629DM6PR17MB2507namp_--

--===============5174687317654361448==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5174687317654361448==--