Subject: [Healeys] FW: Radiator shovel

From: Bob Begani via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 08:21:30 -0500 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0385_01D714BD.35C9A1A0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0385_01D714BD.35C9A1A0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Reinhart & Darryl:

Attached are pictures of the Shovel I fabricated 3 years ago.  In addition,
I included a hole so the radiator petcock with a pipe nipple would extend
below the shove.  I have never been able to empty the radiator by opening
the brass valve because it is always filled with debris, so I just unscrew
it.

Before installing the tunnel on my BJ8 I drove it with the shovel installed.
The volume of air going through the tunnel was enormous. More than enough to
cool an engine as speeds over 30 mph. In my case, it is enough to keep the
water temperature around 190 at speeds of 70-80 mph on the highway without
the electric fan.  However, the water will spike to 212 when you are in city
stop and go traffic.  In SouthWest Florida we are sub-tropical which means
very seldom gets to freezing in the winter at night and is hot winter days
to very hot 90 degrees in the summer like SE Australia.

Some of our cars are much hotter than others.  My rebuilt engine has 1000
miles with 20 over and new pistons. Otherwise, it is the same engine that
came from the factory, 

Bob Begani
Punta Gorda Florida on beautiful Charlotte Harbor sailing year round.

------=_NextPart_000_0385_01D714BD.35C9A1A0
	name="IMG_0410.jpeg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_0410.jpeg"

------=_NextPart_000_0385_01D714BD.35C9A1A0
	name="IMG_0414.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_0414.JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_0385_01D714BD.35C9A1A0
	name="IMG_0415.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_0415.JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_0385_01D714BD.35C9A1A0
	name="IMG_0416.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_0416.JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_0385_01D714BD.35C9A1A0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0385_01D714BD.35C9A1A0--