Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overheating

From: Ian Hey via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 10:17:32 -0000 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_003E_01D7133B.1695C030"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01D7133B.1695C030
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_003F_01D7133B.1695C030"

------=_NextPart_001_003F_01D7133B.1695C030
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have put some thought into cooling my AH3000, which is not yet on the road
so I have not tested any of the ideas.  I have written the attached article,
which may be of interest.

One thing not in the article, but relevant, is that I have read that if an
engine overheats at high revs that is a coolant flow problem; if it
overheats at low revs, that is an air flow problem.

It is my intention to take some measurements of airflow in various
configurations this summer to prove or disprove the effectiveness of my
radiator cowl.

Ian

------=_NextPart_001_003F_01D7133B.1695C030
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have put some thought into =
cooling my AH3000, which is not yet on the road so I have not tested any =
of the ideas.&nbsp; I have written the attached article, which may be of =
interest.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>One thing not in the article, but relevant, is that I =
have read that if an engine overheats at high revs that is a coolant =
flow problem; if it overheats at low revs, that is an air flow =
problem.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>It is my intention to take some measurements of =
airflow in various configurations this summer to prove or disprove the =
effectiveness of my radiator cowl.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ian<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_003F_01D7133B.1695C030--

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01D7133B.1695C030
	name="Healey cooling system improvements.doc"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Healey cooling system improvements.doc"

0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAYQAAAAAAAAAA
EAAAYwAAAAEAAAD+////AAAAAGAAAAD/////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01D7133B.1695C030
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01D7133B.1695C030--