Subject: [Healeys] Timing mark

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 13:21:54 +0100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8136840769851445297==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4FAA0.B2A3AF10"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4FAA0.B2A3AF10
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4FAA0.B2A3AF10"

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4FAA0.B2A3AF10
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I bought a ProRace Harmonic Balancer a few months back and installed it
whilst attending to some other engine chores=85.new oil pump, engine =
mounts,
reverting to SUs from Webers etc.

=20

Soooo=85.I was given sensible advice to mark the 15=B0 line on the =
balancer as
the markings are virtually invisible once the thing=92s installed, let =
alone
spinning at +/- 1,000rpm.=20

=20

Now for the confession. The car=92s not been running brilliantly=85.some
hesitation, particularly under load, from +/- 4,000 rpm. Leaving out =
fuel
issues for the sake of this discussion, I was thinking about the timing
again. And I know that it=92s been showing 15=B0 BTDC with my brand new =
timing
light. But I was still not sure so I looked at the photo of my painted
timing mark. It shows that I managed to put the paint on the 16 mark. =
Now,
1=B0 isn=92t a lot but I can foresee the potential of making it worse =
when I
take up the lamp again.=20

=20

My question is this. What do I dial into the timing light to account for =
the
mark being 1=B0 out? (If I go the wrong way, I=92ll be 2=B0 out).

Thanks,

Simon

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4FAA0.B2A3AF10
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word =
15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.MsoPlaceholderText
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:gray;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I bought a ProRace Harmonic Balancer a few months back =
and installed it whilst attending to some other engine chores&#8230;.new =
oil pump, engine mounts, reverting to SUs from Webers =
etc.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Soooo&#8230;.I was given sensible advice to mark the =
15=B0 line on the balancer as the markings are virtually invisible once =
the thing&#8217;s installed, let alone spinning at +/- 1,000rpm. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Now for the confession. The car&#8217;s not been =
running brilliantly&#8230;.some hesitation, particularly under load, =
from +/- 4,000 rpm. Leaving out fuel issues for the sake of this =
discussion, I was thinking about the timing again. And I know that =
it&#8217;s been showing 15=B0 BTDC with my brand new timing light. But I =
was still not sure so I looked at the photo of my painted timing mark. =
It shows that I managed to put the paint on the 16<!--[if gte msEquation =
12]><m:oMath><i><span style=3D'font-family:"Cambria =
Math",serif'><m:r>=B0</m:r></span></i></m:oMath><![endif]--><![if =
!msEquation]><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;position:relat=
ive;top:2.5pt;mso-text-raise:-2.5pt;mso-fareast-language:EN-US'><img =
width=3D5 height=3D17 style=3D'width:.0555in;height:.1805in' =
id=3D"_x0000_i1025" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"></span><![endif]> mark. Now, =
1=B0 isn&#8217;t a lot but I can foresee the potential of making it =
worse when I take up the lamp again. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>My question =
is this. What do I dial into the timing light to account for the mark =
being 1=B0 out? (If I go the wrong way, I&#8217;ll be 2=B0 =
out).<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4FAA0.B2A3AF10--

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4FAA0.B2A3AF10
	name="image002.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAAgAAAAaCAMAAAC9z+0pAAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAADlQTFRFAAAA
AAAAAABmADpmAGa2OjqQZgA6Zrb/kDoAkGY6kNv/tmYAtmY6ttv/tv//25A62/////+2///b372n
PAAAAAF0Uk5TAEDm2GYAAAAJcEhZcwAAFiUAABYlAUlSJPAAAAAZdEVYdFNvZnR3YXJlAE1pY3Jv
c29mdCBPZmZpY2V/7TVxAAAAMUlEQVQYV2NgIA8I8TAyMvMC9XKzCDDwM/ExCLJxMTAIcbAjGHAp
BiFORkZWkOKBBADS0gFgIAn1jQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4FAA0.B2A3AF10--

--===============8136840769851445297==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============8136840769851445297==--