Subject: [Healeys] Radiator flush

From: i erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 11:10:28 -0700

--000000000000e8d9110585a42b2e

--000000000000e8d90f0585a42b2c

Hello all,
Preparing to install my alum radiator. Thought I would flush the cooling
system.
Which diretion direction does water flow? From block though
Shut off vavle into heater core, or through pipe and back into block
through the shut off valve?
Is my valve in open ir closed position? Heater controls not reinstalled
yet. Unit get hot so Ill asume open, but want to confirm. Removed
thermostat to help water flush ststem easier. Im going to add extra hose
and splice in a water hose bib. That way I can remove it and put system
back in place.
Im off this week, but the rain gods are laughing at me. So I'm just getting
everything ready for the sweet spot of having time and sunshine so I can
back the car out of the garage and flush the system. I plan to drain the
anti freeze and fill with flush chemicals and water when I'm ready to
flush. Bought new anti freeze for my new radiator.
Driving season is fast approaching.
Happy roads and saftey fast
Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone

--000000000000e8d90f0585a42b2c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Hello all,<div dir=3D"auto">Preparing to install my alum =
radiator. Thought I would flush the cooling system.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=
Which diretion direction does water flow? From block though=C2=A0<br>Shut o=
ff vavle into heater core, or through pipe and back into block through the =
shut off valve?</div><div dir=3D"auto">Is my valve in open ir closed positi=
on? Heater controls not reinstalled yet. Unit get hot so Ill asume open, bu=
t want to confirm. Removed thermostat to help water flush ststem easier. Im=
 going to add extra hose and splice in a water hose bib. That way I can rem=
ove it and put system back=C2=A0in place.</div><div dir=3D"auto">Im off thi=
s week, but the rain gods are laughing at me. So I&#39;m just getting every=
thing ready for the sweet spot of having time and sunshine so I can back th=
e car out of the garage and flush the system. I plan to drain the anti free=
ze and fill with flush chemicals and water when I&#39;m ready to flush. Bou=
ght new anti freeze for my new radiator.</div><div dir=3D"auto">Driving sea=
son is fast approaching.</div><div dir=3D"auto">Happy roads and saftey fast=
<br><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"auto">Ira Erbs<br>Portla=
nd, OR<br>typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone</div></div></div>

--000000000000e8d90f0585a42b2c--

--000000000000e8d9110585a42b2e
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="20190403_105500.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <169e4609731457353441>

--000000000000e8d9110585a42b2e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--000000000000e8d9110585a42b2e--