Subject: [Healeys] DWR Steering Column

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 13:34:05 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8261463748875743931==
 boundary="------------7E736A4CA7395C61BC864CBE"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------7E736A4CA7395C61BC864CBE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

A while back, someone asked about how well these perform.  I received 
mine yesterday--after Customs shook me down for $75--and just got it on 
the bench today:

It'll be a while before I can get it installed--thanks to all that 
replied to my inquiry--but can provide some 'first impressions:'

  * Turning the shaft by the steering wheel end, there is no discernible
    play; you turn the shaft, the rocker starts to turn (can only turn
    the wheel about 3/4 turn due to the protective wrap)
  * The steering 'feel' is smooth as can be, no hint of binding,
    looseness or change in feel
  * Comes with a liter of steering box oil which, of course, will be
    impossible to find in the 'States
  * Item was well-packed

Bob

--------------7E736A4CA7395C61BC864CBE
 boundary="------------BC2DC6E3D59D9AAFDDD43EBD"

--------------BC2DC6E3D59D9AAFDDD43EBD
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>A while back, someone asked about how well these perform.  I
      received mine yesterday--after Customs shook me down for $75--and
      just got it on the bench today:</p>
    <p><img moz-do-not-send="false"
        src="cid:[email-masked]" alt=""
        width="2016" height="1512"></p>
    <p>It'll be a while before I can get it installed--thanks to all
      that replied to my inquiry--but can provide some 'first
      impressions:'</p>
    <ul>
      <li>Turning the shaft by the steering wheel end, there is no
        discernible play; you turn the shaft, the rocker starts to turn
        (can only turn the wheel about 3/4 turn due to the protective
        wrap)<br>
      </li>
      <li>The steering 'feel' is smooth as can be, no hint of binding,
        looseness or change in feel<br>
      </li>
      <li>Comes with a liter of steering box oil which, of course, will
        be impossible to find in the 'States</li>
      <li>Item was well-packed</li>
    </ul>
    <p>Bob<br>
    </p>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------BC2DC6E3D59D9AAFDDD43EBD
 name="Steering Column.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="Steering Column.JPG"

--------------BC2DC6E3D59D9AAFDDD43EBD--

--------------7E736A4CA7395C61BC864CBE--

--===============8261463748875743931==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============8261463748875743931==--