Subject: [Healeys] Rear axle vent plug

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 12:48:26 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1390142466981691803==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_021D_01D4FC2E.5EC263C0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_021D_01D4FC2E.5EC263C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello, Healeyphiles --

While working in the area, I accidentally hit the original plastic vent plug
for the rear axle and the cap snapped off.  It was already missing a piece.
Is the plug threaded into the hole, or is it pressed in?  Moss has
replacements available and they don't appear to have any threads.  I don't
want to try to force the 52-year old plastic and chance breaking the rest of
it off in the hole until I know what I'm doing.

Happy Healeying!

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC  

------=_NextPart_000_021D_01D4FC2E.5EC263C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:x=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	position:relative;
	top:0pt;
	mso-text-raise:0pt;
	letter-spacing:0pt;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>Hello, Healeyphiles =
--<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>While working in the area, I accidentally hit the =
original plastic vent plug for the rear axle and the cap snapped =
off.&nbsp; It was already missing a piece.&nbsp; Is the plug threaded =
into the hole, or is it pressed in?&nbsp; Moss has replacements =
available and they don't appear to have any threads.&nbsp; I don't want =
to try to force the 52-year old plastic and chance breaking the rest of =
it off in the hole until I know what I'm doing.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Happy Healeying!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers</span><span =
style=3D'color:#002060'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666</span><span =
style=3D'color:#002060'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 =
Registry</span><span style=3D'color:#002060'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large</span><span =
style=3D'color:#002060'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC&nbsp; =
</span><span style=3D'color:#002060'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_021D_01D4FC2E.5EC263C0--

--===============1390142466981691803==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1390142466981691803==--