Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 13:09:56 +0100 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4F38C.86C95720"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4F38C.86C95720
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello,
Anyone install these ?
Yes.
 Could you please give review ? 
Work well, so far. Not 100% convinced as to their longevity. (If it seems
too good to be true, it usually is!)
I bought these:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Pack-H1-H4-H7-200W-20000LM-LED-Lamp-Headlight-K
it-Car-Beam-Bulbs-6000K-UK-2018/263877928418?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&v
ar=563264059045&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
See attached pic.
I had already switched to Halogens, so had the right bowls(?) in my
headlights and the correct H4 connection. But that's easily done.
They were cheaper than I'd expected.
Do they reach out well or not as well as standard lights?
Certainly. "Standard lights"...? If you mean the silly old (original) round
bulb, there's no comparison. If you mean modern H4 Halogens, yes much
brighter. A sort of stark, very white, clear bright light. You'll be the one
doing the dazzling, rather than  being dazzled.
Also put LEDs into a pair of Cibie Oscars so the total light available is
faintly ridiculous!
The 4 LEDs, 2 head and 2 fog/spot, use less juice than the previous pair of
Halogens.
See my notes which I compiled prior to the swap. I did not allow for the
bulkiness of the H1s for the fog/spots ie the volume to the rear of the
mounting plates, so had to get a different pair.
All in all? Easy and cheap means of getting visibility at night. 
Caveats?...Longevity, per above.
Hope this helps.
Simon

Thanks
Mitchell
Sent from my iPhone
_______________________________________________
$12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked].
com

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4F38C.86C95720
	name="s-l1600.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="s-l1600.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4F38C.86C95720
	name="Spot, fog & Headlight LED swap.docx"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Spot, fog & Headlight LED swap.docx"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4F38C.86C95720
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4F38C.86C95720--

---

From: Kees Oudesluijs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:38:50 +0200

What LED lights? Just the replacements of the H4 bulbs or complete units 
for e.g. Jeep. I have fitted replacement H4 LED lights bought on eBay 
direct from China for a song (less than $10 including shipping) and they 
certainly produce much more lumens than the old H4´s. In my case the 
light pattern is satisfactory but I know of people who could not adjust 
the lights properly with some of similar LED bulbsas the position of the 
actual LED´s were in the wrong place causing blinding of oncoming 
traffic. So you may have to try out a few brands. The complete units 
should be OK but do not look the part on a classic car, to put it mildly.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 15-4-2019 om 12:57 schreef Mitch Simmons:
> Hello,
> Anyone install these ? Could you please give review ? Do they reach out well or not as well as standard lights?
>
> Thanks
> Mitchell
> Sent from my iPhone
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 07:58:15 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5280263277262918504==
 boundary="------------46E4B1B9BC31DA8058A0BDA6"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------46E4B1B9BC31DA8058A0BDA6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I installed the set LBCarco had on sale a while ago.  First shot is the 
'kit.' The rubber boot is installed by removing the LED 'bulb' from its 
socket (just like a 1157; one of them was inserted upside down and it 
took me a while to figure out how to 'fix' it. Almost made a call to 
Jeff). Second shot is original sealed beams at low beam, third shot is 
LEDs at low beam, fourth shot is LEDs at high beam, last shot is the LED 
bulbs and lenses installed. The only thing I'm not entirely comfortable 
with is the lenses are all but flat, whereas the sealed beams had a 
significant convex curve, which generally fits with the all-around 'no 
straight lines' of a Big Healey.

I only had them on for a few minutes at a time but the heat sink was 
just warm. The photos don't really show the pattern of the lights; at 
low beam the pattern was like a trapezoid or upside down 'W.' The most 
concentrated light was fairly straight across the top, with the light 
diffusing outward and down. Note the car is only 5-6 feet from the wall; 
I'll adjust later if people start flashing their brights at me Overall, 
I'm happy with them for the price (about $90 with shipping and tax; NFI).

Follow-up: I took off for a car show when it was still dark a week ago.  
The lights performed well.

Bob

> Anyone install these ? Could you please give review ? Do they reach out well or not as well as standard lights?

--------------46E4B1B9BC31DA8058A0BDA6
 boundary="------------9267879612F57374BF6A1BBA"

--------------9267879612F57374BF6A1BBA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>I installed the set LBCarco had on sale a while ago.  First shot
      is the 'kit.' The rubber boot is installed by removing the LED
      'bulb' from its socket (just like a 1157; one of them was inserted
      upside down and it took me a while to figure out how to 'fix' it.
      Almost made a call to Jeff). Second shot is original sealed beams
      at low beam, third shot is LEDs at low beam, fourth shot is LEDs
      at high beam, last shot is the LED bulbs and lenses installed. The
      only thing I'm not entirely comfortable with is the lenses are all
      but flat, whereas the sealed beams had a significant convex curve,
      which generally fits with the all-around 'no straight lines' of a
      Big Healey.<br>
      <br>
      I only had them on for a few minutes at a time but the heat sink
      was just warm. The photos don't really show the pattern of the
      lights; at low beam the pattern was like a trapezoid or upside
      down 'W.' The most concentrated light was fairly straight across
      the top, with the light diffusing outward and down. Note the car
      is only 5-6 feet from the wall; I'll adjust later if people start
      flashing their brights at me <img
        src="http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/images/smilies/wink-new.png"
        alt="" title="Wink New" class="inlineimg" border="0"> Overall,
      I'm happy with them for the price (about $90 with shipping and
      tax; NFI).</p>
    <p><img moz-do-not-send="false"
        src="cid:[email-masked]" alt="" width="640"
        height="480"></p>
    <p><img moz-do-not-send="false"
        src="cid:[email-masked]" alt="" width="640"
        height="480"></p>
    <p><img moz-do-not-send="false"
        src="cid:[email-masked]" alt="" width="640"
        height="480"></p>
    <p><img moz-do-not-send="false"
        src="cid:[email-masked]" alt="" width="640"
        height="480"></p>
    <img moz-do-not-send="false"
      src="cid:[email-masked]" alt="" width="640"
      height="480">
    <p>Follow-up: I took off for a car show when it was still dark a
      week ago.  The lights performed well.</p>
    <p>Bob<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 4/15/2019 3:57 AM, Mitch Simmons
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">
Hello,
Anyone install these ? Could you please give review ? Do they reach out well or not as well as standard lights?

Thanks
Mitchell
Sent from my iPhone

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------9267879612F57374BF6A1BBA
 name="IMG_0125.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="IMG_0125.JPG"

--------------9267879612F57374BF6A1BBA
 name="IMG_0127.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="IMG_0127.JPG"

--------------9267879612F57374BF6A1BBA
 name="IMG_0136.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="IMG_0136.JPG"

--------------9267879612F57374BF6A1BBA
 name="IMG_0137.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="IMG_0137.JPG"

--------------9267879612F57374BF6A1BBA
 name="IMG_0138.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="IMG_0138.JPG"

--------------9267879612F57374BF6A1BBA--

--------------46E4B1B9BC31DA8058A0BDA6--

--===============5280263277262918504==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5280263277262918504==--

---

From: "Bruce Steele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 08:48:59 -0700

Has anyone tried these Sylvania direct sealed beam replacements?

https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/apps/vlrg-us/Vlrg/

Bruce Steele
Brea, CA
1960 BN7

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kees Oudesluijs
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 5:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

What LED lights? Just the replacements of the H4 bulbs or complete units for e.g. Jeep. I have fitted replacement H4 LED lights bought on eBay direct from China for a song (less than $10 including shipping) and they certainly produce much more lumens than the old H4´s. In my case the light pattern is satisfactory but I know of people who could not adjust the lights properly with some of similar LED bulbsas the position of the actual LED´s were in the wrong place causing blinding of oncoming traffic. So you may have to try out a few brands. The complete units should be OK but do not look the part on a classic car, to put it mildly.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 15-4-2019 om 12:57 schreef Mitch Simmons:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual 
> donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation  $12.75

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Kees Oudesluijs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 18:34:51 +0200

These are just old fashioned halogen sealed beams. They are as good as 
H4 but use as much power. The idea with LED lights is to get at least 
the same amount of light as with H4 halogen but using far less power.

Kees Oudesluijs

[email-masked]

---

From: Roger Grace <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:37:08 -0600 (MDT)

I am of the opinion that not all are equal, that the quality varies and reliability is not quite what they make out.
2 Years ago I fitted 1156/1157 led side/tail/brake ligts from Napa.
Nice and bright.
However first failure after less than 15 hours of running.
Second failure less than 40 hrs of running.
50% failure rate.
grrr !!

rg

----- Original Message -----
From: Kees Oudesluijs <[email-masked]>
To: Bruce Steele <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Sent: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:34:51 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

Kees Oudesluijs

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 22:59:36 +0100

I was thinking about this......in my case at least, I simply swapped
Halogens for LEDs. Thus I used the same reflectors (silvered bowls) and
lenses (glass front with their patterns designed for maximum efficiency).
I believed that whatever the Halogens did, the LEDs would do, but more so.
If you see what I mean.
If your upgrade involves different bowls and lenses, then - I think - your
results depend at least as much on the lenses as on the bulbs. Not claiming
any great expertise here, but do feel that the point is worth consideration.
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Fuller <[email-masked]> 
Sent: 15 April 2019 15:59
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Healeys] LED headlights

Hi Simon - quick question about your response below:

I see people asking the same question I have - do the LED replacements allow
you to see farther down the road at night?  A LOT of the responses indicate
the color of the light is 'brighter' or 'whiter' than the original light,
and I think you say the same thing below.

By 'brighter' do you mean you can see farther down the road with the LEDs
than Halogen headlights?

Thanks! 

Al Fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 8:10 AM
To: 'Mitch Simmons' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

Hello,
Anyone install these ?
Yes.
too good to be true, it usually is!) I bought these:-

Thanks
Mitchell
Sent from my iPhone

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Bruce Steele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 16:58:08 -0700

So it is.  I was following their links for fitment of the Sylvania Zevo LED 7" direct replacement.

Bruce Steele
Brea, CA
1960 BN7

-----Original Message-----
From: Kees Oudesluijs [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 9:35 AM
To: Bruce Steele <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

These are just old fashioned halogen sealed beams. They are as good as
H4 but use as much power. The idea with LED lights is to get at least the same amount of light as with H4 halogen but using far less power.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 15-4-2019 om 17:48 schreef Bruce Steele:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> om
>
>

[email-masked]

---

From: "Robert Begani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 01:40:13 -0400

--===============5463353666206348074==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0234_01D4F3F5.56C78380"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0234_01D4F3F5.56C78380
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0235_01D4F3F5.56C78380"

------=_NextPart_001_0235_01D4F3F5.56C78380
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Bob:

=20

Great article on the LBCarco set.  I installed them a few weeks ago but =
did not test their operation on the road at night as yet.  For the =
price, they are great improvements to the original seal beam equipment, =
even if they are not =E2=80=9CTrue=E2=80=9D LED headlights whatever that =
is!

=20

Bob Begani

=20

=20

From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Bob Spidell
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 10:58 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

=20

I installed the set LBCarco had on sale a while ago.  First shot is the =
'kit.' The rubber boot is installed by removing the LED 'bulb' from its =
socket (just like a 1157; one of them was inserted upside down and it =
took me a while to figure out how to 'fix' it. Almost made a call to =
Jeff). Second shot is original sealed beams at low beam, third shot is =
LEDs at low beam, fourth shot is LEDs at high beam, last shot is the LED =
bulbs and lenses installed. The only thing I'm not entirely comfortable =
with is the lenses are all but flat, whereas the sealed beams had a =
significant convex curve, which generally fits with the all-around 'no =
straight lines' of a Big Healey.

I only had them on for a few minutes at a time but the heat sink was =
just warm. The photos don't really show the pattern of the lights; at =
low beam the pattern was like a trapezoid or upside down 'W.' The most =
concentrated light was fairly straight across the top, with the light =
diffusing outward and down. Note the car is only 5-6 feet from the wall; =
I'll adjust later if people start flashing their brights at me   =
<http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/images/smilies/wink-new.png> =
Overall, I'm happy with them for the price (about $90 with shipping and =
tax; NFI).

Follow-up: I took off for a car show when it was still dark a week ago.  =
The lights performed well.

Bob

=20
Hello,
Anyone install these ? Could you please give review ? Do they reach out =
well or not as well as standard lights?
=20
Thanks
Mitchell
Sent from my iPhone
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_001_0235_01D4F3F5.56C78380
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:black;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>B=
ob:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>G=
reat article on the LBCarco set.=C2=A0 I installed them a few weeks ago =
but did not test their operation on the road at night as yet.=C2=A0 For =
the price, they are great improvements to the original seal beam =
equipment, even if they are not =E2=80=9CTrue=E2=80=9D LED headlights =
whatever that is!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>B=
ob Begani<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext'> Healeys =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Bob =
Spidell<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, April 15, 2019 10:58 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] LED =
headlights<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p>I installed the set LBCarco =
had on sale a while ago.&nbsp; First shot is the 'kit.' The rubber boot =
is installed by removing the LED 'bulb' from its socket (just like a =
1157; one of them was inserted upside down and it took me a while to =
figure out how to 'fix' it. Almost made a call to Jeff). Second shot is =
original sealed beams at low beam, third shot is LEDs at low beam, =
fourth shot is LEDs at high beam, last shot is the LED bulbs and lenses =
installed. The only thing I'm not entirely comfortable with is the =
lenses are all but flat, whereas the sealed beams had a significant =
convex curve, which generally fits with the all-around 'no straight =
lines' of a Big Healey.<br><br>I only had them on for a few minutes at a =
time but the heat sink was just warm. The photos don't really show the =
pattern of the lights; at low beam the pattern was like a trapezoid or =
upside down 'W.' The most concentrated light was fairly straight across =
the top, with the light diffusing outward and down. Note the car is only =
5-6 feet from the wall; I'll adjust later if people start flashing their =
brights at me <img id=3D"_x0000_i1025" =
src=3D"http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/images/smilies/wink-new.png">Ov=
erall, I'm happy with them for the price (about $90 with shipping and =
tax; NFI).<o:p></o:p></p><p><img width=3D640 height=3D480 =
style=3D'width:6.6666in;height:5.0in' id=3D"_x0000_i1026" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p><p><img =
width=3D640 height=3D480 style=3D'width:6.6666in;height:5.0in' =
id=3D"_x0000_i1027" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p><p><img =
width=3D640 height=3D480 style=3D'width:6.6666in;height:5.0in' =
id=3D"_x0000_i1028" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p><p><img =
width=3D640 height=3D480 style=3D'width:6.6666in;height:5.0in' =
id=3D"_x0000_i1029" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><img width=3D640 height=3D480 =
style=3D'width:6.6666in;height:5.0in' id=3D"_x0000_i1030" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p><p>Follow-up: =
I took off for a car show when it was still dark a week ago.&nbsp; The =
lights performed well.<o:p></o:p></p><p>Bob<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 4/15/2019 3:57 AM, Mitch Simmons =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pr=
e><pre>Hello,<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Anyone install these ? Could you =
please give review ? Do they reach out well or not as well as standard =
lights?<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Thanks<o:p></o:p=
></pre><pre>Mitchell<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Sent from my =
iPhone<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p>=
</pre></blockquote></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0235_01D4F3F5.56C78380--

------=_NextPart_000_0234_01D4F3F5.56C78380
	name="image001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0234_01D4F3F5.56C78380
	name="image002.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0234_01D4F3F5.56C78380
	name="image003.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0234_01D4F3F5.56C78380
	name="image004.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0234_01D4F3F5.56C78380
	name="image005.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0234_01D4F3F5.56C78380--

--===============5463353666206348074==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5463353666206348074==--

---

From: "Al Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 11:25:07 -0400

Thanks Simon - it is definitely worth considering!

in my case I would be replacing sealed beam U.S. spec headlights [Sylvania
2D1 model]. I'm pretty sure these are halogen, even though they don't say
'halogen' on the bulb, and the Sylvania site just says they use a
proprietary gas formula...

So, I would not be using the same reflectors and lenses as are currently on
the car - since the sealed beam design has the bulb, lens and reflector as a
disposable unit.

Al Fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 6:00 PM
To: 'Al Fuller' <[email-masked]>
Cc: Healeys <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [Healeys] LED headlights

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Fuller <[email-masked]>
Sent: 15 April 2019 15:59
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Healeys] LED headlights

Thanks! 

Al Fuller

-----Original Message-----

Hello,
Anyone install these ?
Yes.

Thanks
Mitchell
Sent from my iPhone

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Al Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 11:30:25 -0400

Hey Bruce - how did you find it on the site?  It doesn’t offer me LEDs as a compatible product...

Al Fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bruce Steele
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 7:58 PM
To: 'Kees Oudesluijs' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

Bruce Steele
Brea, CA
1960 BN7

-----Original Message-----
From: Kees Oudesluijs [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 9:35 AM
To: Bruce Steele <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

Kees Oudesluijs

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Al Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 11:32:55 -0400

Never mind - I found it on the site by going through a google search...

Al Fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bruce Steele
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 7:58 PM
To: 'Kees Oudesluijs' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

Bruce Steele
Brea, CA
1960 BN7

-----Original Message-----
From: Kees Oudesluijs [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 9:35 AM
To: Bruce Steele <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

Kees Oudesluijs

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Harold Manifold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 19:21:24 -0700

Has anyone used this LED kit to replace all of the lights including the
headlights? Any comments or feedback are appreciated. I am in the middle of
a full restore and this kit seems to have all of the bulbs needed. 

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/products/austin-healey-3000-led-bulb-upgrad
e-kit?variant=8313723551839

I await your comments.... Harold

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Al Fuller
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 8:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

Al Fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bruce
Steele
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 7:58 PM
To: 'Kees Oudesluijs' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

So it is.  I was following their links for fitment of the Sylvania Zevo LED
7" direct replacement.

Bruce Steele
Brea, CA
1960 BN7

-----Original Message-----
From: Kees Oudesluijs [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 9:35 AM
To: Bruce Steele <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED headlights

These are just old fashioned halogen sealed beams. They are as good as
H4 but use as much power. The idea with LED lights is to get at least the
same amount of light as with H4 halogen but using far less power.

Kees Oudesluijs

> What LED lights? Just the replacements of the H4 bulbs or complete units
for e.g. Jeep. I have fitted replacement H4 LED lights bought on eBay direct
from China for a song (less than $10 including shipping) and they certainly
produce much more lumens than the old H4´s. In my case the light pattern is
satisfactory but I know of people who could not adjust the lights properly
with some of similar LED bulbsas the position of the actual LED´s were in
the wrong place causing blinding of oncoming traffic. So you may have to try
out a few brands. The complete units should be OK but do not look the part
on a classic car, to put it mildly.

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

ox.team.net

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 21:09:20 -0700

I don't see where they supply either a) an electronic flasher, or b) the 
correct resistors to load the stock flasher so turn signals work.

Bob

[email-masked]