Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Sighting

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 09:32:05 +0100 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0008_01D4EAC9.4538BF60"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D4EAC9.4538BF60
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I suppose you've all got this then?
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Bob Spidell
Sent: 04 April 2019 05:16
To: Healeys <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Healey Sighting

Surprised no one has reported this one yet (or maybe I missed the =
memo?).  In Clint Eastwood's latest, 'The Mule' there is a red BJ8 =
featured briefly, but prominently, in a couple scenes.  Eastwood, who =
has been transporting coke for a Mexican cartel, is brought to meet the =
cartel's big boss in Mexico; as he's driven up in a black Escalade--of =
course--there is a Mustang, a Cobra, an E-Type and, as Eastwood gets out =
of the SUV the red BJ8 is seen in the background.  A few minutes later, =
there is a framed shot of the drug lord's mansion in front in the =
evening, and the BJ8 is on the left, the Cobra is in the center and =
there's another older car--think it might be a Jag coupe, not sure--on =
the right. Eastwood is the kind of director who leaves nothing to =
chance--frames every scene--and it's pretty damn cool he featured the =
Healey in a full shot; the Cobra and the other car (Jag?) were both =
partially obscured.  I'm a cheap ass, except when it comes to my cars, =
and I waited for the movie to be rentable 'On Demand,' which is nice =
because, of course, I could back it up and forward it to verify my =
sighting (and try to discern the dialog my old ears often miss).  The =
first shot is at 1:00:37, and the second at 1:01:27.

The movie?  Oh, it was OK; for $5.99 it was worth it for the Healey =
sighting.  My SO was only slightly annoyed but, she drives a Focus.

Bob

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D4EAC9.4538BF60
	name="Clint Eastwood.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Clint Eastwood.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D4EAC9.4538BF60
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D4EAC9.4538BF60--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 14:53:34 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------99589469CFDED6436EC6A1D5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Couple grainy screen shots.

On 4/3/2019 9:16 PM, Bob Spidell wrote:
> Surprised no one has reported this one yet (or maybe I missed the 
> memo?). In Clint Eastwood's latest, 'The Mule' there is a red BJ8 
> featured briefly, but prominently, in a couple scenes.  Eastwood, who 
> has been transporting coke for a Mexican cartel, is brought to meet 
> the cartel's big boss in Mexico; as he's driven up in a black 
> Escalade--of course--there is a Mustang, a Cobra, an E-Type and, as 
> Eastwood gets out of the SUV the red BJ8 is seen in the background.  A 
> few minutes later, there is a framed shot of the drug lord's mansion 
> in front in the evening, and the BJ8 is on the left, the Cobra is in 
> the center and there's another older car--think it might be a Jag 
> coupe, not sure--on the right. Eastwood is the kind of director who 
> leaves nothing to chance--frames every scene--and it's pretty damn 
> cool he featured the Healey in a full shot; the Cobra and the other 
> car (Jag?) were both partially obscured.  I'm a cheap ass, except when 
> it comes to my cars, and I waited for the movie to be rentable 'On 
> Demand,' which is nice because, of course, I could back it up and 
> forward it to verify my sighting (and try to discern the dialog my old 
> ears often miss).  The first shot is at 1:00:37, and the second at 
> 1:01:27.
>
> The movie?  Oh, it was OK; for $5.99 it was worth it for the Healey 

--------------99589469CFDED6436EC6A1D5
 name="IMG_0140.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="IMG_0140.JPG"

--------------99589469CFDED6436EC6A1D5
 name="IMG_0139.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="IMG_0139.JPG"

--------------99589469CFDED6436EC6A1D5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--------------99589469CFDED6436EC6A1D5--