Subject: [Healeys] Back up/ reversing light

From: Fred Wescoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 13:51:39 -0400

--===============5428831521640981895==

--00000000000059850d0586bd8a51

Listers,

I have often thought about installing a back up light on my BJ8.  There are
many on the market so actually obtaining a period correct unit is not an
issue.

This past weekend, I found myself in a position where I needed to reverse
and go forward a couple of times to get out of a parking space.  I decided
that I need to look hard at installing the light.

Now, the question is where and how to install it and more importantly, how
do I wire the light to come on when I shift into reverse.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Fred
66 BJ8

--00000000000059850d0586bd8a51
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Listers,<div><br></div><div>I have often thought about ins=
talling a back up light on my BJ8.=C2=A0 There are many on the market so ac=
tually obtaining a period correct unit is not an issue.</div><div><br></div=
><div>This past weekend, I found myself in a position where I needed to rev=
erse and go forward a couple of times to get out of a parking space.=C2=A0 =
I decided that I need to look hard at installing the light.<br></div><div><=
br></div><div>Now, the question is where and how to install it and more imp=
ortantly, how do I wire the light to come on when I shift into reverse.</di=
v><div><br></div><div>Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.</div><=
div><br></div><div>Fred</div><div>66 BJ8</div><div><br></div><div><br></div=
></div>

--00000000000059850d0586bd8a51--

--===============5428831521640981895==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5428831521640981895==--

---

From: Robert Humphreys via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 23:05:44 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0081947204527180886==
	boundary="----=_Part_2280200_1147789393.1555542344733"

------=_Part_2280200_1147789393.1555542344733
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Fred,
My back up light is an original.It is mounted on a bracket attached to the =
LH bumper attachment bolt.
It is operated by a lighted pull switch under the dash.It is manually opera=
ted - not by shifting into reverse.
Bob Humphreys1960 BT7

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Wescoe <[email-masked]>
To: healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Apr 17, 2019 2:00 pm
Subject: [Healeys] Back up/ reversing light

Listers,
I have often thought about installing a back up light on my BJ8.=C2=A0 Ther=
e are many on the market so actually obtaining a period correct unit is not=
 an issue.
This past weekend, I found myself in a position where I needed to reverse a=
nd go forward a couple of times to get out of a parking space.=C2=A0 I deci=
ded that I need to look hard at installing the light.

Now, the question is where and how to install it and more importantly, how =
do I wire the light to come on when I shift into reverse.
Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Fred66 BJ8

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

------=_Part_2280200_1147789393.1555542344733
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='2' face='arial'>Fred,
<div><br>
</div>

<div>My back up light is an original.</div>

<div>It is mounted on a bracket attached to the LH bumper attachment bolt.<br>
It is operated by a lighted pull switch under the dash.</div>

<div>It is manually operated - not by shifting into reverse.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Bob Humphreys</div>

<div>1960 BT7<br>
<br>

<div style="font-family:helvetica,arial;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Fred Wescoe &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Wed, Apr 17, 2019 2:00 pm<br>
Subject: [Healeys] Back up/ reversing light<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv7018701961">
<div dir="ltr">Listers,
<div><br>
</div>

<div>I have often thought about installing a back up light on my BJ8.&nbsp; There are many on the market so actually obtaining a period correct unit is not an issue.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>This past weekend, I found myself in a position where I needed to reverse and go forward a couple of times to get out of a parking space.&nbsp; I decided that I need to look hard at installing the light.<br>
</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Now, the question is where and how to install it and more importantly, how do I wire the light to come on when I shift into reverse.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Fred</div>

<div>66 BJ8</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div><br>
</div>
</div>
</div>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
Archive: <a target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys </a><a target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="noopener noreferrer" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_2280200_1147789393.1555542344733--

--===============0081947204527180886==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0081947204527180886==--