Subject: [Healeys] mystery tool for Austin-Healey

From: "S. Carr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 12:40:30 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============3015389512414410837==
	type="multipart/alternative";
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00AA_01D4A1CF.2E018220"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00AA_01D4A1CF.2E018220
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00AB_01D4A1CF.2E03CC10"

------=_NextPart_001_00AB_01D4A1CF.2E03CC10
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

My mechanic (who has been working on sports cars for 50+ years) recently =
unearthed a tool he made so long ago that he can=E2=80=99t remember what =
=E2=80=9Cspindle=E2=80=9D it was for.  The measurement between the =
machined recesses is 2-1/8 inches.  Can any listers supply an answer?

Many thanks,
Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA

------=_NextPart_001_00AB_01D4A1CF.2E03CC10
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>My mechanic (who has been working on sports cars for 50+ years) =
recently=20
unearthed a tool he made so long ago that he can=E2=80=99t remember what =
=E2=80=9Cspindle=E2=80=9D it=20
was for.&nbsp; The measurement between the machined recesses is 2-1/8=20
inches.&nbsp; Can any listers supply an answer?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Many thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Sarah Carr</DIV>
<DIV>BN1 in PA</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><IMG title=3DIMG_2531a=20
style=3D"BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; =
BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: =
0px; DISPLAY: inline; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px"=20
border=3D0 alt=3DIMG_2531a =
src=3D"cid:439B06F2FA4E49E6BF8238FE5D0377E4@HomePC"=20
width=3D210 height=3D197><IMG title=3DIMG_2532a=20
style=3D"BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; =
BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: =
0px; DISPLAY: inline; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px"=20
border=3D0 alt=3DIMG_2532a =
src=3D"cid:D2A1B1D5B8F0488F95FFAFADF2DCD937@HomePC"=20
width=3D210 height=3D198><IMG title=3DIMG_2533a=20
style=3D"BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; =
BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: =
0px; DISPLAY: inline; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px"=20
border=3D0 alt=3DIMG_2533a =
src=3D"cid:DA89583C03004FC5B5349262D40B1696@HomePC"=20
width=3D206 height=3D196></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_00AB_01D4A1CF.2E03CC10--

------=_NextPart_000_00AA_01D4A1CF.2E018220
	name="IMG_2531a[5].jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <439B06F2FA4E49E6BF8238FE5D0377E4@HomePC>

------=_NextPart_000_00AA_01D4A1CF.2E018220
	name="IMG_2532a[5].jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <D2A1B1D5B8F0488F95FFAFADF2DCD937@HomePC>

------=_NextPart_000_00AA_01D4A1CF.2E018220
	name="IMG_2533a[5].jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <DA89583C03004FC5B5349262D40B1696@HomePC>

------=_NextPart_000_00AA_01D4A1CF.2E018220--

--===============3015389512414410837==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3015389512414410837==--

---

From: Larry Wendland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 01:19:20 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_15313369_627025317.1546823960617
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

This is the tool I made from  5/16 inch thick steel plate for the rear axle hub retainer nut on my BJ8. It works quite well. 
Larry 
'67 BJ8

____________________________________________________________

------=_Part_15313369_627025317.1546823960617
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMG_1742.JPG"
Content-ID: <ByQRZDyQUcpzCeKeK5Dm>

------=_Part_15313369_627025317.1546823960617
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMG_1741.JPG"
Content-ID: <YOxxXTZIJOrTrN2I1Tv0>

------=_Part_15313369_627025317.1546823960617
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_Part_15313369_627025317.1546823960617--

---

From: Larry Wendland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 01:26:06 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_15344115_1822623850.1546824366924
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Wendland <[email-masked]>
To: healeys <[email-masked]>; 'TomFelts'tomfelts <'TomFelts'tomfelt=
[email-masked]>; 'IanHey'rianhey <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Jan 6, 2019 8:19 pm
Subject: [Healeys] FW: mystery tool for Austin-Healey

This is the tool I made from=C2=A0 5/16 inch thick steel plate for the rear=
 axle hub retainer nut on my BJ8. It works quite well.=20

Larry=20

'67 BJ8

------=_Part_15344115_1822623850.1546824366924
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMG_1742.JPG"
Content-ID: <ByQRZDyQUcpzCeKeK5Dm>

------=_Part_15344115_1822623850.1546824366924
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMG_1741.JPG"
Content-ID: <YOxxXTZIJOrTrN2I1Tv0>

------=_Part_15344115_1822623850.1546824366924
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_Part_15344115_1822623850.1546824366924--