Subject: Re: [Healeys] MINILITE

From: Kees Oudesluijs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 10:26:28 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7165086063961835243==
 boundary="------------163B29D4BAACD3461B6E0D60"
Content-Language: nl

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------163B29D4BAACD3461B6E0D60
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I suspect that the MiniLite look-a-likes like Panasports, VTO etc. are 
made by the same producer, the ones I have seen are all nigh identical 
in design, detail and finish. They were all bearing the same makers 
mark. Just the hub caps were different.

The main advantage of the aluminium wheels is strength, stiffness, 
alignment, tubeless tyres, no need of maintainance, safety etc. The 
steering will be much more precise, no wobbling wheels anymore, easy to 
balance, less flat tyres, no broken spokes to repair.

OK, the looks are not great compared to wire wheels, but that is the 
only pre really.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 17-1-2019 om 04:14 schreef Jack Feldman:
> I changed because I wanted to get rid of the inner tubes. When I 
> replaced the tires on the MGC for the first time I found that the 
> previous owner had made no provision for protecting the tubes.
>
> In trying to find a price for the Minilites I noticed that Victoria 
> British had them on sale very spring.That was a while ago, but they 
> were consistent. I finally found a perfect set at an autojumble at a 
> price so low forgot to bargain.
>
> Healey wheels were never on sale, but the MGCs were. Same wheels. I 
> don't know how the VB wheels compare to the Moss, but I"ll bet they 
> are the same.
>
> Jack
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------163B29D4BAACD3461B6E0D60
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>I suspect that the MiniLite look-a-likes like Panasports, VTO
      etc. are made by the same producer, the ones I have seen are all
      nigh identical in design, detail and finish. They were all bearing
      the same makers mark. Just the hub caps were different.<br>
    </p>
    <p>The main advantage of the aluminium wheels is strength,
      stiffness, alignment, tubeless tyres, no need of maintainance,
      safety etc. The steering will be much more precise, no wobbling
      wheels anymore, easy to balance, less flat tyres, no broken spokes
      to repair.</p>
    <p>OK, the looks are not great compared to wire wheels, but that is
      the only pre really.</p>
    <p>Kees Oudesluijs</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Op 17-1-2019 om 04:14 schreef Jack
      Feldman:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAGhWe-fWqmDLj=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:times new
          roman,serif;font-size:small">I changed because I wanted to get
          rid of the inner tubes. When I replaced the tires on the MGC
          for the first time I found that the previous owner had made no
          provision for protecting the tubes. </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:times new
          roman,serif;font-size:small"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:times new
          roman,serif;font-size:small">In trying to find a price for the
          Minilites I noticed that Victoria British had them on sale
          very spring.That was a while ago, but they were consistent. I
          finally found a perfect set at an autojumble at a price so low
          forgot to bargain. </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:times new
          roman,serif;font-size:small"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:times new
          roman,serif;font-size:small">Healey wheels were never on sale,
          but the MGCs were. Same wheels. I don't know how the VB wheels
          compare to the Moss, but I"ll bet they are the same. </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:times new
          roman,serif;font-size:small"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:times new
          roman,serif;font-size:small">Jack</div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:times new
          roman,serif;font-size:small"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default" style="font-family:times new
          roman,serif;font-size:small"><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------163B29D4BAACD3461B6E0D60--

--===============7165086063961835243==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7165086063961835243==--