Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 on Bring A Trailer

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 12:18:18 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============5467412988321877719==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0348_01D231DE.886C37E0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0348_01D231DE.886C37E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Could be, Doug.   I just observe that in the data collected, but I don't
know the exact reason.  I do know eared knockoffs were prohibited on
German-spec cars

Steve 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2016 11:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 on Bring A Trailer

Local or state law??

Not necessarily, Keith.  The octagonal knockoffs on cars for the USA began
to appear consistently about chassis 42000.
41046 and 41087 had them from new and there are many cars later than that
for which the BMIHT data does not identify octagonal knockoffs.  Of course,
the certificates are not consistent in how they list such items.
And, many people have replaced the octagonal knockoffs with the eared ones
because they like them better.  It's hard to draw any hard conclusions about
things like that that could have easily been changed from original in the
last 50 years.

By the way, for reasons I do not know cars for Philadelphia as early as 1965
had the octagonal knockoffs. 

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  

------=_NextPart_000_0348_01D231DE.886C37E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Could be, Doug.&nbsp; &nbsp;I just observe that in =
the data collected, but I don't know the exact reason.&nbsp; I do know =
eared knockoffs were prohibited on German-spec =
cars<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve </span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, =
October 29, 2016 11:45 AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Cc:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] BJ8 on Bring A =
Trailer<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Local =
or state law??<br><br><br><br>Not necessarily, Keith. &nbsp;The =
octagonal knockoffs on cars for the USA began to appear consistently =
about chassis 42000.<br>41046 and 41087 had them from new and there are =
many cars later than that for which the BMIHT data does not identify =
octagonal knockoffs. &nbsp;Of course, the certificates are not =
consistent in how they list such items.<br>And, many people have =
replaced the octagonal knockoffs with the eared ones because they like =
them better. &nbsp;It's hard to draw any hard conclusions about things =
like that that could have easily been changed from original in the last =
50 years.<br><br>By the way, for reasons I do not know cars for =
Philadelphia as early as 1965 had the octagonal knockoffs. <br><br>Steve =
Byers<br>HBJ8L/36666<br>BJ8 Registry<br>AHCA Delegate at =
Large<br>Havelock, NC =
&nbsp;<br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0348_01D231DE.886C37E0--

--===============5467412988321877719==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5467412988321877719==--

---

From: "Herbert Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 12:32:30 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1357552749268594896==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0058_01D231E0.84B33CA0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0058_01D231E0.84B33CA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Also German spec cars at least back to MK11 tri-carb. (1961)

Herb Miller

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2016 10:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 on Bring A Trailer

Local or state law??

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2016 9:46 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 on Bring A Trailer

Also Steve shouldn t the knockoffs be octagonal rather than eared if this is
a late car?

Keith

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

____________________________________________________________
 <http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5814c42546d754425259cst03duc> 1
Fruit That "Destroys" Diabetes
Health Advice Now
 <http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5814c42546d754425259cst03duc>
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5814c42546d754425259cst03duc
 SponsoredBy Content.Ad
<https://d32oduq093hvot.cloudfront.net/icons/sponsoredlinksby.png> 

------=_NextPart_000_0058_01D231E0.84B33CA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Also German spec cars at least back to MK11 tri-carb. =
(1961)<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Herb Miller<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'> <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, October 29, 2016 10:45 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Cc:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] BJ8 on Bring A =
Trailer<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Local =
or state law??<br><br><br><br>Not necessarily, Keith. &nbsp;The =
octagonal knockoffs on cars for the USA began to appear consistently =
about chassis 42000.<br>41046 and 41087 had them from new and there are =
many cars later than that for which the BMIHT data does not identify =
octagonal knockoffs. &nbsp;Of course, the certificates are not =
consistent in how they list such items.<br>And, many people have =
replaced the octagonal knockoffs with the eared ones because they like =
them better. &nbsp;It's hard to draw any hard conclusions about things =
like that that could have easily been changed from original in the last =
50 years.<br><br>By the way, for reasons I do not know cars for =
Philadelphia as early as 1965 had the octagonal knockoffs. <br><br>Steve =
Byers<br>HBJ8L/36666<br>BJ8 Registry<br>AHCA Delegate at =
Large<br>Havelock, NC &nbsp;<br><br><br><br>-----Original =
Message-----<br>From: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> [<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] =
<br>Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2016 9:46 AM<br>To: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Subj=
ect: Re: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 on Bring A Trailer<br><br>Also Steve shouldn =
t the knockoffs be octagonal rather than eared if this is a late =
car?<br><br>Keith<br><br><br><br>________________________________________=
_______<br>Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>F=
orums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><br=
><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o=
:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:black'>__________________________________=
__________________________</span><br><a =
href=3D"http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5814c42546d754425259cst0=
3duc" target=3D"_blank"><b><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#004080;text-decoration:n=
one'>1 Fruit That &quot;Destroys&quot; Diabetes</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";text-decoration:none'><br></spa=
n><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black;te=
xt-decoration:none'>Health Advice Now<br></span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
a =
href=3D"http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5814c42546d754425259cst0=
3duc" target=3D"_blank"><span =
style=3D'color:black'>http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5814c42546=
d754425259cst03duc</span></a></span><br><img border=3D0 =
id=3D"_x0000_i1025" =
src=3D"https://d32oduq093hvot.cloudfront.net/icons/sponsoredlinksby.png" =
alt=3D"SponsoredBy Content.Ad"><o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0058_01D231E0.84B33CA0--

--===============1357552749268594896==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1357552749268594896==--