Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 on Bring A Trailer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 08:55:23 -0400

New listing on the auction site in Quebec:

    http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-austin-healey-3000-mk-iii/

   Plenty of other interesting vehicles appear daily..happy window 
shopping....

  Gordy
  Longbridge BN4....not shopping...NFI
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 08:45:54 -0500 (CDT)

Also Steve shouldn t the knockoffs be octagonal rather than eared if this is a late car?

Keith

On 10/29/16, BJ8Healeys wrote:

In addition to using the body plate from another car and missing its engine serial number plate, some other features of the car make me doubt that it is really 41060. It has the two studs for the rear attachment of seatbelts, rather than the single stud I would expect to see on a car as late as 41060 (and which began to appear consistently around chassis 37XXX). The engine valve cover has the riveted metal plates, rather than the typical stickers of cars with engines from around chassis 37XXX.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC 

From: HealeyRick [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2016 8:10 PM
To: BJ8Healeys
Cc: Healeys
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 on Bring A Trailer

Hard to believe they haven't changed the listing from a BJ7 to a BJ8 yet. It was advertised in January for $53K US: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Austin-Healey-3000-/331747112049?nma=true&si=kQdRxGtx7FSQ4bqA%252B0FM3fnwPeI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 9:59 AM, BJ8Healeys <[email-masked]> wrote:

If it matters to any potential buyer, the BJ8 is using a body number plate
from another car about ten thousand chassis numbers earlier than the VIN
claimed, and the engine serial number plate is missing. The text says the
engine "is believed to be original", but with a missing tag there is no way
to verify that, no matter what is "believed".

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC 

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 10:19:42 -0400

Not necessarily, Keith.  The octagonal knockoffs on cars for the USA began to appear consistently about chassis 42000.
41046 and 41087 had them from new and there are many cars later than that for which the BMIHT data does not identify octagonal knockoffs.  Of course, the certificates are not consistent in how they list such items.
And, many people have replaced the octagonal knockoffs with the eared ones because they like them better.  It's hard to draw any hard conclusions about things like that that could have easily been changed from original in the last 50 years.

By the way, for reasons I do not know cars for Philadelphia as early as 1965 had the octagonal knockoffs. 

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2016 9:46 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 on Bring A Trailer

Keith

[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 15:44:57 GMT

--===============1258874239567078474==

----__JWM__J442099f5.43e58f4S.13bea3fdM
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Local or state law??

Not necessarily, Keith.  The octagonal knockoffs on cars for the USA beg=
an to appear consistently about chassis 42000.
41046 and 41087 had them from new and there are many cars later than tha=
t for which the BMIHT data does not identify octagonal knockoffs.  Of co=
urse, the certificates are not consistent in how they list such items.
And, many people have replaced the octagonal knockoffs with the eared on=
es because they like them better.  It's hard to draw any hard conclusion=
s about things like that that could have easily been changed from origin=
al in the last 50 years.

By the way, for reasons I do not know cars for Philadelphia as early as =
1965 had the octagonal knockoffs. =

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  =

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] =

 Also Steve shouldn t the knockoffs be octagonal rather than eared if th=
is is a late car?

Keith

[email-masked]

[email-masked]
____________________________________________________________
1 Fruit That "Destroys" Diabetes
Health Advice Now
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5814c42546d754425259cst03duc
----__JWM__J442099f5.43e58f4S.13bea3fdM
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<html><div>Local or state law??<br><br><br><br>Not necessarily, Keith. &=
nbsp;The octagonal knockoffs on cars for the USA began to appear consist=
ently about chassis 42000.<br>41046 and 41087 had them from new and ther=
e are many cars later than that for which the BMIHT data does not identi=
fy octagonal knockoffs. &nbsp;Of course, the certificates are not consis=
tent in how they list such items.<br>And, many people have replaced the =
octagonal knockoffs with the eared ones because they like them better. &=
nbsp;It's hard to draw any hard conclusions about things like that that =
could have easily been changed from original in the last 50 years.<br><b=
r>By the way, for reasons I do not know cars for Philadelphia as early a=
s 1965 had the octagonal knockoffs. <br><br>Steve Byers<br>HBJ8L/36666<b=
r>BJ8 Registry<br>AHCA Delegate at Large<br>Havelock, NC &nbsp;<br><br><=
br><br>-----Original Message-----<br>From: [email-masked] [mailto:l=
[email-masked]] <br>Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2016 9:46 AM<br>To: =
[email-masked]; [email-masked]<br>Subject: Re: Re: [Healeys] B=
J8 on Bring A Trailer<br><br> Also Steve shouldn t the knockoffs be octa=
gonal rather than eared if this is a late car?<br><br>Keith<br><br><br><=
br>_______________________________________________<br>Support Team.Net h=
ttp://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75=
<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/=
forums<br><br>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/li=
stinfo/healeys<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
options/healeys/[email-masked]</div></html>

<br><br><font SIZE=3D"2" color=3D"#000000">_____________________________=
_______________________________</font><br><a style=3D"TEXT-DECORATION: n=
one" href=3D"http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5814c42546d7544252=
59cst03duc" target=3D_blank><font face=3D"Arial"><font color=3D"#004080"=
 size=3D"3"><b>1 Fruit That "Destroys" Diabetes</b></font><br><font colo=
r=3D"#000000" size=3D"2">Health Advice Now<br></a><a style=3D"COLOR: #00=
0000" href=3D"http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/5814c42546d754425=
259cst03duc" target=3D_blank>http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/58=
14c42546d754425259cst03duc</a></font></font><br><img src=3D"https://d32o=
duq093hvot.cloudfront.net/icons/sponsoredlinksby.png" alt=3D"SponsoredBy=
 Content.Ad">
----__JWM__J442099f5.43e58f4S.13bea3fdM--

--===============1258874239567078474==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1258874239567078474==--