Subject: Re: [Healeys] My BJ8

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 13:34:39 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5854159275676317688==
 boundary="------------0096AEC6A33E59CEE75BB493"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------0096AEC6A33E59CEE75BB493
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Fred,

Sorry to hear about your fire, but good to hear you're 'back in the 
saddle.'

Besides the two screws on the top of the console, there should be a 
bracket on the transmission cover--inside the bottom front of the 
console--with a couple of hook-like--'C-shaped'--brackets that engage a 
couple screws on the inside of the console (if you have a stock radio 
just pull the knobs off, pull the antenna cable out of the radio and 
break the power connection--if it's not fused cut the wire and add a 5A 
inline fuse).  Loosen or remove the screws to free them from the bracket.

The console and arm rest are separate pieces; there are two screws at 
the front of the armrest--don't recall what's at the rear, 2 more screws 
I think--and when you get the armrest off you'll see a single screw 
holding the rear of the console to the gearbox cover.  You'll have to 
remove the shift knob to get the console out; should be a jamb nut under 
the knob which you loosen then unscrew the knob.  With all screws out 
lift the rear of the console and work it out from under the fascia; you 
don't have to remove any control knobs.

IIRC, the screws into the gearbox cover are originally sheet metal; with 
the console off you might want to install nutserts--blind threaded nut 
inserts--and replace the sheet metal screws with machine screws:

http://www.harborfreight.com/45-piece-threaded-insert-riveter-kit-1210.html

*http://tinyurl.com/zo29lqn*

Bob

On 10/23/2016 11:13 AM, Fred Wescoe wrote:
> I lost my 63 BJ7 to a whole house fire a number of months back.  I 
> owned my BJ7 for over 30 years.  I restored the car and it was 
> beautiful.  There was nothing I would not undertake on the car.
>
> I have replaced my 63 BJ7 with a 66 BJ8.  I do love the "new" car.  
> There are differences between the cars and that is what I need help 
> with.  I need to clean the overdrive operating valve and then adjust 
> the overdrive solenoid for proper operation.
>
> My question is how do I remove the center console?  I see the two 
> screws on each side of the top of the console where it joins the dash 
> but there is more to removing it. Where are there other 
> screws/attachment points?  Are there disconnects for the switches or 
> do I just made a sketch of the wiring before I disconnect them?
>
> I received just the ignition key when I bought the car.  Is the 
> ignition key supposed to operate the glove box and trunk? My key does 
> not operate any of the.  If not, I do not see numbers on the locks 
> themselves so how and where do I get replacement keys.  I also assume 
> there is a separate key for the doors and I do not see a number on 
> that lock either.
>
> What other important differences between the cars that I should be 
> aware of?
>
> The list has been great with information and help in the past.
>
> Thanks to all who reply.
>
> Fred
>
> 63 BJ7 (deceased)
> 66 BJ8
>

--------------0096AEC6A33E59CEE75BB493
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>Hi Fred,</p>
    <p>Sorry to hear about your fire, but good to hear you're 'back in
      the saddle.'  <br>
    </p>
    <p>Besides the two screws on the top of the console, there should be
      a bracket on the transmission cover--inside the bottom front of
      the console--with a couple of hook-like--'C-shaped'--brackets that
      engage a couple screws on the inside of the console (if you have a
      stock radio just pull the knobs off, pull the antenna cable out of
      the radio and break the power connection--if it's not fused cut
      the wire and add a 5A inline fuse).  Loosen or remove the screws
      to free them from the bracket. <br>
    </p>
    <p>The console and arm rest are separate pieces; there are two
      screws at the front of the armrest--don't recall what's at the
      rear, 2 more screws I think--and when you get the armrest off
      you'll see a single screw holding the rear of the console to the
      gearbox cover.  You'll have to remove the shift knob to get the
      console out; should be a jamb nut under the knob which you loosen
      then unscrew the knob.  With all screws out lift the rear of the
      console and work it out from under the fascia; you don't have to
      remove any control knobs.<br>
    </p>
    <p>IIRC, the screws into the gearbox cover are originally sheet
      metal; with the console off you might want to install
      nutserts--blind threaded nut inserts--and replace the sheet metal
      screws with machine screws:</p>
    <p><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.harborfreight.com/45-piece-threaded-insert-riveter-kit-1210.html">http://www.harborfreight.com/45-piece-threaded-insert-riveter-kit-1210.html</a></p>
    <p><b><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://tinyurl.com/zo29lqn">http://tinyurl.com/zo29lqn</a></b></p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>Bob<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/23/2016 11:13 AM, Fred Wescoe
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div>
          <div>
            <div>I lost my 63 BJ7 to a whole house fire a number of
              months back.  I owned my BJ7 for over 30 years.  I
              restored the car and it was beautiful.  There was nothing
              I would not undertake on the car.<br>
              <br>
              I have replaced my 63 BJ7 with a 66 BJ8.  I do love the
              "new" car.  There are differences between the cars and
              that is what I need help with.  I need to clean the
              overdrive operating valve and then adjust the overdrive
              solenoid for proper operation.<br>
              <br>
            </div>
            My question is how do I remove the center console?  I see
            the two screws on each side of the top of the console where
            it joins the dash but there is more to removing it. Where
            are there other screws/attachment points?  Are there
            disconnects for the switches or do I just made a sketch of
            the wiring before I disconnect them?<br>
            <br>
          </div>
          I received just the ignition key when I bought the car.  Is
          the ignition key supposed to operate the glove box and trunk? 
          My key does not operate any of the.  If not, I do not see
          numbers on the locks themselves so how and where do I get
          replacement keys.  I also assume there is a separate key for
          the doors and I do not see a number on that lock either.<br>
        </div>
        <div>
          <div>
            <div>
              <div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div>What other important differences between the cars
                  that I should be aware of?<br>
                  <br>
                </div>
                <div>The list has been great with information and help
                  in the past.<br>
                  <br>
                </div>
                <div>Thanks to all who reply.<br>
                  <br>
                </div>
                <div>Fred<br>
                  <br>
                </div>
                <div>63 BJ7 (deceased)<br>
                </div>
                <div>66 BJ8<br>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------0096AEC6A33E59CEE75BB493--

--===============5854159275676317688==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5854159275676317688==--

---

From: i erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 14:21:48 -0700

--===============9203512124665358799==

--001a113dd232fbc5c9053f8edc23

Take the glove box and trunk key tumblers to a locksmith. They can make
replacement key or keys.

Ira Erbs
1959 100-6
MKI engine and disc brakes
Portland,OR

On Oct 23, 2016 1:34 PM, "Fred Wescoe" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I lost my 63 BJ7 to a whole house fire a number of months back.  I owned
> my BJ7 for over 30 years.  I restored the car and it was beautiful.  There
> was nothing I would not undertake on the car.
>
> I have replaced my 63 BJ7 with a 66 BJ8.  I do love the "new" car.  There
> are differences between the cars and that is what I need help with.  I need
> to clean the overdrive operating valve and then adjust the overdrive
> solenoid for proper operation.
>
> My question is how do I remove the center console?  I see the two screws
> on each side of the top of the console where it joins the dash but there is
> more to removing it. Where are there other screws/attachment points?  Are
> there disconnects for the switches or do I just made a sketch of the wiring
> before I disconnect them?
>
> I received just the ignition key when I bought the car.  Is the ignition
> key supposed to operate the glove box and trunk?  My key does not operate
> any of the.  If not, I do not see numbers on the locks themselves so how
> and where do I get replacement keys.  I also assume there is a separate key
> for the doors and I do not see a number on that lock either.
>
> What other important differences between the cars that I should be aware
> of?
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--001a113dd232fbc5c9053f8edc23
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">Take the glove box and trunk key tumblers to a locksmith. Th=
ey can make replacement key or keys.</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">Ira Erbs<br>
1959 100-6<br>
MKI engine and disc brakes<br>
Portland,OR</p>
<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Oct 23, 2016 1=
:34 PM, &quot;Fred Wescoe&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=
>[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote cl=
ass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;p=
adding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div>I lost my 63 BJ7 to a whol=
e house fire a number of months back.=C2=A0 I owned my BJ7 for over 30 year=
s.=C2=A0 I restored the car and it was beautiful.=C2=A0 There was nothing I=
 would not undertake on the car.<br><br>I have replaced my 63 BJ7 with a 66=
 BJ8.=C2=A0 I do love the &quot;new&quot; car.=C2=A0 There are differences =
between the cars and that is what I need help with.=C2=A0 I need to clean t=
he overdrive operating valve and then adjust the overdrive solenoid for pro=
per operation.<br><br></div>My question is how do I remove the center conso=
le?=C2=A0 I see the two screws on each side of the top of the console where=
 it joins the dash but there is more to removing it. Where are there other =
screws/attachment points?=C2=A0 Are there disconnects for the switches or d=
o I just made a sketch of the wiring before I disconnect them?<br><br></div=
>I received just the ignition key when I bought the car.=C2=A0 Is the ignit=
ion key supposed to operate the glove box and trunk?=C2=A0 My key does not =
operate any of the.=C2=A0 If not, I do not see numbers on the locks themsel=
ves so how and where do I get replacement keys.=C2=A0 I also assume there i=
s a separate key for the doors and I do not see a number on that lock eithe=
r.<br></div><div><div><div><div><div><br></div><div>What other important di=
fferences between the cars that I should be aware of?<br><br></div><div>The=
 list has been great with information and help in the past.<br><br></div><d=
iv>Thanks to all who reply.<br><br></div><div>Fred<br><br></div><div>63 BJ7=
 (deceased)<br></div><div>66 BJ8<br></div></div></div></div></div></div>
<br>______________________________<wbr>_________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.<wbr>html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/<wbr>listinfo/healeys</a=
><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/<wbr>options/healeys/eyera3000@<wbr>gmail.com</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div></div>

--001a113dd232fbc5c9053f8edc23--

--===============9203512124665358799==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============9203512124665358799==--

---

From: i erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 14:22:37 -0700

--===============1153039395840173292==

--001a1135c3c0ed10c7053f8edf4e

I'm glad you found a replacement for your car. Hard to imagine such a loss
of home and car.

Ira Erbs
1959 100-6

> The list has been great with information and help in the past.

--001a1135c3c0ed10c7053f8edf4e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">I&#39;m glad you found a replacement for your car. Hard to i=
magine such a loss of home and car.</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">Ira Erbs<br>
1959 100-6<br>
MKI engine and disc brakes<br>
Portland,OR</p>
<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Oct 23, 2016 1=
:34 PM, &quot;Fred Wescoe&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=
<br>

--001a1135c3c0ed10c7053f8edf4e--

--===============1153039395840173292==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1153039395840173292==--

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 17:59:32 -0400 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_065F_01D22D57.39576840"

------=_NextPart_000_065F_01D22D57.39576840
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0660_01D22D57.39576840"

------=_NextPart_001_0660_01D22D57.39576840
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Fred, the console is secured to the top of the fiberglass gearbox cover =
with a bracket attached to the cover that mates with a screw on each =
side of the console.  The applicable page from the BMC parts manual for =
BJ7/BJ8 is attached.  The pictorial shows the bracket is made with a =
slot on each side so that the console can be slid backward to release it =
from the bracket (after the two screws on each side are removed that =
attach the console to the underside of the dash).   Hard to describe in =
a few words, but the picture should be clear enough for you to figure it =
out.

=20

The only switches in the console are in the radio, if you have one.  The =
lower console comes out without having to disturb the upper panel where =
the overdrive, ignition, lights, etc. switches are located.  If you have =
a radio, you should be able to disconnect the wiring behind the console =
from the sides. =20

=20

The ignition key should also operate the door locks, and the glove box =
key should operate the trunk lid latch.  The ignition key number (except =
for very late cars) is stamped on the face of the key lock where you =
insert the key.  The original ignition key number for your BJ8 was =
FS.906.  The glove box lock should also have a similar number (not =
FS.906, but FS. something) stamped on it.  The trunk key number is =
stamped on the shaft of the trunk latch handle, but may not be visible =
with the latch installed.  Replacement keys can be had from Pete Groh =
(e-mail:  [email-masked]).

=20

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC =20

=20

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Fred =
Wescoe
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2016 2:14 PM
To: healeys
Subject: [Healeys] My BJ8

=20

I lost my 63 BJ7 to a whole house fire a number of months back.  I owned =
my BJ7 for over 30 years.  I restored the car and it was beautiful.  =
There was nothing I would not undertake on the car.

I have replaced my 63 BJ7 with a 66 BJ8.  I do love the "new" car.  =
There are differences between the cars and that is what I need help =
with.  I need to clean the overdrive operating valve and then adjust the =
overdrive solenoid for proper operation.

My question is how do I remove the center console?  I see the two screws =
on each side of the top of the console where it joins the dash but there =
is more to removing it. Where are there other screws/attachment points?  =
Are there disconnects for the switches or do I just made a sketch of the =
wiring before I disconnect them?

I received just the ignition key when I bought the car.  Is the ignition =
key supposed to operate the glove box and trunk?  My key does not =
operate any of the.  If not, I do not see numbers on the locks =
themselves so how and where do I get replacement keys.  I also assume =
there is a separate key for the doors and I do not see a number on that =
lock either.

=20

What other important differences between the cars that I should be aware =
of?

Thanks to all who reply.

Fred

63 BJ7 (deceased)

66 BJ8

------=_NextPart_001_0660_01D22D57.39576840
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Fred, the console is secured to the top of the =
fiberglass gearbox cover with a bracket attached to the cover that mates =
with a screw on each side of the console.=C2=A0 The applicable page from =
the BMC parts manual for BJ7/BJ8 is attached.=C2=A0 The pictorial shows =
the bracket is made with a slot on each side so that the console can be =
slid backward to release it from the bracket (after the two screws on =
each side are removed that attach the console to the underside of the =
dash). =C2=A0=C2=A0Hard to describe in a few words, but the picture =
should be clear enough for you to figure it out.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>The only switches in the console are in the =
radio, if you have one.=C2=A0 The lower console comes out without having =
to disturb the upper panel where the overdrive, ignition, lights, etc. =
switches are located.=C2=A0 If you have a radio, you should be able to =
disconnect the wiring behind the console from the sides.=C2=A0 =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>The ignition key should also operate the door =
locks, and the glove box key should operate the trunk lid latch.=C2=A0 =
The ignition key number (except for very late cars) is stamped on the =
face of the key lock where you insert the key.=C2=A0 The original =
ignition key number for your BJ8 was FS.906.=C2=A0 The glove box lock =
should also have a similar number (not FS.906, but FS. something) =
stamped on it.=C2=A0 The trunk key number is stamped on the shaft of the =
trunk latch handle, but may not be visible with the latch =
installed.=C2=A0 Replacement keys can be had from Pete Groh =
(e-mail:=C2=A0 <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>).<o:p></o:p><=
/span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 =
Registry</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC&nbsp; </span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Fred =
Wescoe<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, October 23, 2016 2:14 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
healeys<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] My =
BJ8<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>I lost my 63 BJ7 to a =
whole house fire a number of months back.&nbsp; I owned my BJ7 for over =
30 years.&nbsp; I restored the car and it was beautiful.&nbsp; There was =
nothing I would not undertake on the car.<br><br>I have replaced my 63 =
BJ7 with a 66 BJ8.&nbsp; I do love the &quot;new&quot; car.&nbsp; There =
are differences between the cars and that is what I need help =
with.&nbsp; I need to clean the overdrive operating valve and then =
adjust the overdrive solenoid for proper =
operation.<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>My question is how do I remove the center =
console?&nbsp; I see the two screws on each side of the top of the =
console where it joins the dash but there is more to removing it. Where =
are there other screws/attachment points?&nbsp; Are there disconnects =
for the switches or do I just made a sketch of the wiring before I =
disconnect them?<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I received =
just the ignition key when I bought the car.&nbsp; Is the ignition key =
supposed to operate the glove box and trunk?&nbsp; My key does not =
operate any of the.&nbsp; If not, I do not see numbers on the locks =
themselves so how and where do I get replacement keys.&nbsp; I also =
assume there is a separate key for the doors and I do not see a number =
on that lock either.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><div><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>What other important differences between =
the cars that I should be aware of?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>The list has been great =
with information and help in the past.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Thanks to all who =
reply.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Fred<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>63 BJ7 (deceased)<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>66 =
BJ8<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></body></html=
------=_NextPart_001_0660_01D22D57.39576840--

------=_NextPart_000_065F_01D22D57.39576840
	name="BJ8 console.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="BJ8 console.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_065F_01D22D57.39576840
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_065F_01D22D57.39576840--