Subject: [Healeys] How to Increase the Front and Rear Height on a BT7

From: "Rafael Abugattas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 21:08:23 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3743605210922508903==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0055_01D224CC.C633FD70"
Content-Language: es-pe

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0055_01D224CC.C633FD70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi all,

I am in the process of doing a nut and bolt restoration on a 1962 BT7 Three
Carb. My car is located in Lima - Peru and according to Waze we are in the
top ten worst places to drive in the world! 

Authorities have found no better way of controlling speed than filling the
streets with speed bumps of different height and sizes. There are parts of
the city where you can find several on one block!

As you can imagine Lima is not the best place to drive such a low vehicle as
a Healey and I am considering increasing the front and rear height of the
car maybe a couple of inches. I am aware that this will affect the look of
the car but I have no other choice.

Would you please provide me with ideas or suggestions on how to tackle this
project before we start assembling the car and suspension?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best regards,

Rafael

------=_NextPart_000_0055_01D224CC.C633FD70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EstiloCorreo17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.EstiloCorreo18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DES-PE =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi all,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>I am in the process of doing a nut and bolt restoration on =
a 1962 BT7 Three Carb. My car is located in Lima &#8211; Peru and =
according to Waze we are in the top ten worst places to drive in the =
world! <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>Authorities have found no better way of controlling speed =
than filling the streets with speed bumps of different height and sizes. =
There are parts of the city where you can find several on one =
block!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>As you can imagine Lima is not the best place to drive such =
a low vehicle as a Healey and I am considering increasing the front and =
rear height of the car maybe a couple of inches. I am aware that this =
will affect the look of the car but I have no other =
choice.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
name=3D"_MailEndCompose"><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></a></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>Would you please provide me with ideas or suggestions on =
how to tackle this project before we start assembling the car and =
suspension?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>Thanks in advance for your =
comments.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US>Best regards,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US>Rafael</span><span =
lang=3DEN-US><o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0055_01D224CC.C633FD70--

--===============3743605210922508903==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3743605210922508903==--