Subject: [Healeys] LED dash lights

From: "Bruce Steele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 15:23:39 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6618752757732471270==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0103_01D22D41.6F0C0AB0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0103_01D22D41.6F0C0AB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I bought a set of LED dash lights from British Car Specialists last year and
they worked great until recently when I noticed they started to flicker.
This has gotten worse until yesterday morning the speedo light never came on
and the tach was dark for a while before beginning to flicker.  All 4 gauges
are exhibiting the same symptoms, but the generator light, high beam
indicator and trafficator indicator function normally.  All LED bulbs are
tight in their mountings; I can rule out intermittent contact.  I've not
swapped the incandescent bulbs back in yet for a test, BTW.  Any thoughts on
the cause?  

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

------=_NextPart_000_0103_01D22D41.6F0C0AB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
	panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'>I bought a set of LED dash lights from British Car =
Specialists last year and they worked great until recently when I =
noticed they started to flicker.&nbsp; This has gotten worse until =
yesterday morning the speedo light never came on and the tach was dark =
for a while before beginning to flicker.&nbsp; All 4 gauges are =
exhibiting the same symptoms, but the generator light, high beam =
indicator and trafficator indicator function normally.&nbsp; All LED =
bulbs are tight in their mountings; I can rule out intermittent =
contact.&nbsp; I&#8217;ve not swapped the incandescent bulbs back in yet =
for a test, BTW. &nbsp;Any thoughts on the cause?&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Bruce Steele<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Brea, CA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>1960 BN7<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0103_01D22D41.6F0C0AB0--

--===============6618752757732471270==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6618752757732471270==--