Subject: [Healeys] A Ping in time on the List:

From: David Maxwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 18:35:01 -0400

--===============6634303745538508561==
	boundary="----=_Part_18219_623775198.1477521301339"

------=_Part_18219_623775198.1477521301339
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

OK
RE: the list; let me toss out this "ping"

I've been on list for years, starting in the .... mid 1990's ???

Haven't been active lately. Here's the Ping

Anybody remember "Mrs. Peel" ?

Anybody ?

Cheers,
David Maxwell &  Mrs. Peel the 1960 BT-7 Sometimes Coupe'

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-request <[email-masked]>
To: healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Oct 25, 2016 4:16 pm
Subject: Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue 293

Send Healeys mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Healeys digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: List quiet ([email-masked])
   2. Re: List quiet (Bob Spidell)
   3. tire pressures (Mike)
   4. Re: List quiet (i erbs)
   5. Knowledge (Fred Wescoe)
 6. Re: LED dash lights ([email-masked])
   7. Re: tire pressure (Len and/or Marge Hartnett)
   8. Re: List quiet (Perry)
   9. Re: bj8 (David Cooperman)
  10. Re: tire pressure (Oudesluys)
  11. Re: List quiet (Paul Leeks)
  12. Re: tire pressure (Michael Oritt)
  13. Re: tire pressure (i erbs)
  14. Re: bj8 (ROBERT A WESTCOTT)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 20:14:42 +0200 (MEST)
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: Reinhart Rosner <[email-masked]>,  "Healeys,  Forum"
	<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet
Message-ID:
	<[email-masked]>

Reinhard,
Perhaps I need to work on me to be more patient. As a European I am only 
guest and should keep me in the background.
 
For me its not those (new) members asking questions in need of helpful 
answers who wear me out. To help those is the meaning of this list and I am 
in first row to help when help is needed no matter how qualified or not the 
question is. All of us started with no or very little knowledge.
What is really wearing are some answers of people always need to tell their 
two cents even they have no idea of the problem. it looks like they count 
their own value by the number of postings they do.
 
Sorry, but I know I am wrong and the list is better than ever, but for me 
its no more the list I liked so much.
Thanks to all of those who try to keep the level high, but there are only a 
few left of the ones whose input I enjoyed.
 
Josef Eckert
54BN1
62BT7
65Sprite

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: AW: [Healeys] List quiet
Datum: 2016-10-24T12:37:04+0200
Von: "Reinhart Rosner" <[email-masked]>
An: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "'Healeys, 
Forum'" <[email-masked]>

Josef,

Of course you are right. Many very experienced listers have left the list 
(the loss of Rich Chrysler was mentioned already) or went more and more 
quiet (Garry Anderson, Roger Moment, Josef Eckert  ;-) , ?).

As far as I can look back I am on the list since 2000. In the beginning 
only reading messages and sometimes asking questions. Lately even posting 
some of my little knowledge.

You as one of the more knowledgeable guys sure will no more get as much out 
as years ago. But now you are one of the valuable sources of wisdom that 
many would regret to lose. Especially knowledgeable about the 
continental-European view and problems. So I only can ask you to stay and 
share your wisdom.

Kind regards

Reinhart

Reinhart Rosner

55 AH 100 BN1

Vienna - Austria

Von: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von 
[email-masked]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 09:37
An: Healeys, Forum
Betreff: [Healeys] List quiet

I suspect many listers left the list, as the quality of this information 
source went so much down over the past months and years.
This list was a phantastic pool of wisdom about 10 years ago, but nowadays 
most comming through is very low level to my mind.
Sorry, I am also very close to say good bye as its more wearing what I read 
than refreshing.
Just my opinion, but also the one of several Healey experts I know and who 
already left or just staying quiet and are no more active.
 
Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/c5c75aec/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 19:45:34 +0000 (UTC)
From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: healeys <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet
Message-ID:
	<[email-masked]>

Happened to come across this quote today: 

" No man who continues to add something to the material, intellectual and moral well-being of the place in which he lives is long left without proper reward." 

Booker T. Washington 

----- Original Message -----

From: [email-masked] 
To: "J. Scott Morris" <[email-masked]>, "healeys" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:12:36 AM 
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet 

Hear, Hear. 
Carl Rubino 
1957 BN-4 Longbridge 
From: J. Scott Morris 
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2016 7:24 PM 
To: Healeys List 
Subject: [Healeys] List quiet 
I first registered on the Healey List sometime in late 1998. Over the years there has been a number of quiet periods. Sometimes it has been technical with the internet at large [During week of Oct 16, 2016 a major part of the internet was actually hacked ] or problems with our host. At other times some knowledgeable people [ I miss Rich Chrysler] have either passed on or moved on to other interests. Then of course there is the fact of competing forms of communications. 

In the main, I have really enjoyed the Healey List and plan on remaining a member. It is amazing what you can find out and pass on to others. Of course there are always a few members that I simply must use the ?delete? button on. But that exists in any group. 
--Scott Morris -Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/30830b87/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:13:52 -0700
From: Mike <[email-masked]>
To: Healey List <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] tire pressures

For what it's worth, here is a summary.  (Hope this transmits)

I will try 30/30 and see how that works.  Seems like good numbers to me, 
too.

-- 
Mike

MGTD (long gone)
BN1 (long gone)
BN2-100M (gone but in good hands)
BJ8
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Tire Pressures.xls
Type: application/vnd.ms-excel
Size: 15360 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/dc7543c4/attachment-0001.xls>

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:19:31 -0700
From: i erbs <[email-masked]>
To: Reinhart Rosner <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Healeys, Forum" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet
Message-ID:
	<[email-masked]>

agreed

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
      _______    _______
     (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)
         (_________________________)
          BT7 engine and disk brakes
*Aerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.* ? *Enzo Ferrari*
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Reinhart Rosner <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Josef,
>
>
>
> Of course you are right. Many very experienced listers have left the list
> (the loss of Rich Chrysler was mentioned already) or went more and more
> quiet (Garry Anderson, Roger Moment, Josef Eckert  ;-) , ?).
>
>
>
> As far as I can look back I am on the list since 2000. In the beginning
> only reading messages and sometimes asking questions. Lately even posting
> some of my little knowledge.
>
>
>
> You as one of the more knowledgeable guys sure will no more get as much
> out as years ago. But now you are one of the valuable sources of wisdom
> that many would regret to lose. Especially knowledgeable about the
> continental-European view and problems. So I only can ask you to stay and
> share your wisdom.
>
>
>
> Kind regards
>
>
>
> Reinhart
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Reinhart Rosner
>
> 55 AH 100 BN1
>
> Vienna - Austria
>
>
>
>
>
> *Von:* Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] *Im Auftrag von *
> [email-masked]
> *Gesendet:* Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 09:37
> *An:* Healeys, Forum
> *Betreff:* [Healeys] List quiet
>
>
>
> I suspect many listers left the list, as the quality of this information
> source went so much down over the past months and years.
>
> This list was a phantastic pool of wisdom about 10 years ago, but nowadays
> most comming through is very low level to my mind.
>
> Sorry, I am also very close to say good bye as its more wearing what I
> read than refreshing.
>
> Just my opinion, but also the one of several Healey experts I know and who
> already left or just staying quiet and are no more active.
>
>
>
> Josef Eckert
>
> Konigswinter/Germany
>
> ?
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/d95965c7/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 17:01:09 -0400
From: Fred Wescoe <[email-masked]>
To: healeys <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Knowledge
Message-ID:
	<[email-masked]>

Once again I am impressed with the knowledge of the participants on this
list.  I received many responses (including drawings and photos) to my
removal of the center console on my "new" 66 BJ8.

There were also many many responses to the question of missing keys and
what fits what as well as how to combine keys.

The willingness of the members to share information, experiences and
knowledge is gratifying when in need of information and input.  The list
and it's members is invaluable.

Thanks again to all who responded with help.

Fred

66 BJ8
63 BJ7 deceased
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/7cabfe9a/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:43:55 +0000 (UTC)
From: [email-masked]
To: i erbs <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ahealey help <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED dash lights
Message-ID:
	<[email-masked]>

Probably have to mail them to Ethiopia for the "Free Replacement" and don't forget to include? $20 for the return postage.?

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 6:25 PM -0400, "i erbs" <[email-masked]> wrote:

I have a very hard to reach hall way light. I put "20 year" LED bulbs in it last year. One burned out in two months.
Ira ErbsPortland,OR? ? ? _______ ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?_______
? ?? (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)
? ? ? ?? (_________________________)? ? ? ? ? BT7 engine and disk brakesAerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.???Enzo Ferrari
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 1:47 AM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]> wrote:

    The lights are gone. Although it is
      claimed that LED lights last practically for ever, my experience
      is they most certainly do not!! 

      Not in the car nor in the house..

      Kees Oudesluijs

      Op 24-10-2016 om 0:23 schreef Bruce Steele:

      

I bought a set of LED dash lights
            from British Car Specialists last year and they worked great
            until recently when I noticed they started to flicker.? This
            has gotten worse until yesterday morning the speedo light
            never came on and the tach was dark for a while before
            beginning to flicker.? All 4 gauges are exhibiting the same
            symptoms, but the generator light, high beam indicator and
            trafficator indicator function normally.? All LED bulbs are
            tight in their mountings; I can rule out intermittent
   contact.? I?ve not swapped the incandescent bulbs back in
            yet for a test, BTW.? Any thoughts on the cause?? 

?

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

?

      _______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

    

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/64d64649/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 15:55:27 -0700
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <[email-masked]>
To: "AH Mail List" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tire pressure
	reply-type=original

Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge.  This will take more time but over 
time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure.  Measure the depth 
at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and the outer edge of 
the tire.  If checked every six or so months, even wear over the width of 
the tread would indicate a pressure that is providing full tread contact 
(9-9-9).  If wear is greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low (7-9-7). 
If wear is greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9).  If one edge 
is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be a problem (7-9-9 or 
9-9-7).

If you need an excuse to  go out and drive the car hard periodically, the 
chalk method will be your first and best choice.  The depth gauge method 
will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more often so I 
recommend you do that, also.

While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the condition of 
the sidewalls.  If you are getting depth readings at or below the threes or 
they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue for new ones.

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Richard J. Hockert" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Healey List" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM
Subject: [Healeys] tire pressure

> The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending on 
> tire type and static weight distribution.
>
> The correct method for determining proper tire pressure is as follows:
>
> 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across the 
> tread and sidewall of each tire;
> 2. Drive the car hard, including tight turns;
> 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where the 
> tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or arrows to mark 
> the knuckle.
> 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You are 
> not using all of the tire.
> Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is rolling 
> over too much.
>
> Best regards,
> Jim
>

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:03:17 -0400
From: Perry <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Healey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet

In a couple weeks another anniversary will happen on my Austin Healey trip through life. It will be 51 years since I was allowed to buy my first car, a raggity but running BN2. Still sitting in my garage. 
Sometimes it is not about the wisdom of a list that keeps it alive but the common love of an item and the life experiences shared. Two sons that have or have had an Austin Healey and enjoyed them. Lots or great relationships, both short and long, with folks that also enjoyed their cars over the years. Now days there are lots of ways to share or ask advise but the list is still a good way to do it. 
Have a great day. Winter is on the way. 
Aloha 
Perry in Pennsylvania

Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 09:16:04 +0530
From: David Cooperman <[email-masked]>
To: healeymanjim <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] bj8

I was able to find one of the correct blanks at an old fashioned locksmith shop near my house. The other blank he was able to quickly order. 

A typical hardware store/big box store will not have anything even close. 

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:38 PM, healeymanjim <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> i had to order blanks from moss and then take them to locksmith for cutting.  no locksmith here in my area carries the 
> blank for our cars.
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> 
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 

------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:57:20 +0200
From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tire pressure

This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial tires it 
only works when pressures are really way out.
It will however work for discovering front wheel misalignment for both 
types of tire.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 25-10-2016 om 0:55 schreef Len and/or Marge Hartnett:
>
> Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge.  This will take more time 
> but over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure.  
> Measure the depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the 
> tire, and the outer edge of the tire.  If checked every six or so 
> months, even wear over the width of the tread would indicate a 
> pressure that is providing full tread contact (9-9-9).  If wear is 
> greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low (7-9-7). If wear is 
> greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9).  If one edge is 
> wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be a problem (7-9-9 
> or 9-9-7).
>
> If you need an excuse to  go out and drive the car hard periodically, 
> the chalk method will be your first and best choice.  The depth gauge 
> method will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more 
> often so I recommend you do that, also.
>
> While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the 
> condition of the sidewalls.  If you are getting depth readings at or 
> below the threes or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue 
> for new ones.
>
> (The Other) Len
> Fairfield, CA, USA
> 1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "Healey List" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM
> Subject: [Healeys] tire pressure
>
>
>> The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending 
>> on tire type and static weight distribution.
>>
>> The correct method for determining proper tire pressure is as follows:
>>
>> 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across the 
>> tread and sidewall of each tire;
>> 2. Drive the car hard, including tight turns;
>> 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where 
>> the tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or 
>> arrows to mark the knuckle.
>> 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You 
>> are not using all of the tire.
>> Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is 
>> rolling over too much.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jim
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>

------------------------------

Message: 11
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:12:38 +0100
From: Paul Leeks <[email-masked]>
To: "<[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet
Message-ID:
	<CAKv9UdSEryH3peT7Tui--oLthH+MdptNj84mNSg4vj=[email-masked]>

I have also been on the list for many years and, although I rarely
contribute, I find the most of the topics interesting and some of them
absolutely invaluable in saving me time, money and heartache (which reminds
me to stump up my annual 'subs'!).

Long may it continue.

Paul Leeks
Lancashire
100/6 BN4

-- 
EMAIL DISCLAIMER
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not 
necessarily those of Glasgows.It is intended only for the person(s) to 
whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or confidential 
information. Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, distribution or use 
of this message to any other person may constitute a breach of civil or 
criminal law. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received 
this email by mistake and delete it from your system. Glasgows is a trading 
style of R Glasgow & Associates Public Relations Limited. Registered in 
England & Wales No. 2257022.

-- 

EMAIL DISCLAIMER
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not 
necessarily those of Glasgows. It is intended only for the person(s) to 
whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or confidential 
information. Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, distribution or use 
of this message to any other person may constitute a breach of civil or 
criminal law. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received 
this email by mistake and delete it from your system. Glasgows Limited is 
registered in England & Wales No. 2257022.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/669ead4d/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 12
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 08:57:47 -0400
From: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
To: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Cc: Austin Healey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tire pressure
Message-ID:
	<CAPTa0B61tJPGy=[email-masked]>

While measuring tire wear may give historically accurate information we
really want to get it right before the tire wears unevenly.

Consider doing what is recommended at:

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comunidad/fluke-news-plus/articlecategories/automotive/racetracktemp

Admittedly much of what the site touts is not relevant to street driving
but you can get the information you need to adjust tire pressures in real
time.  And while a contact probe may be most accurate I use an infrared
pyrometer to tell me whether tire temps are increasing too much or not
enough, etc. etc.

Best--Michael Oritt

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial tires it
> only works when pressures are really way out.
> It will however work for discovering front wheel misalignment for both
> types of tire.
> Kees Oudesluijs
>
> Op 25-10-2016 om 0:55 schreef Len and/or Marge Hartnett:
>
>>
>> Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge.  This will take more time but
>> over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure.  Measure the
>> depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and the outer
>> edge of the tire.  If checked every six or so months, even wear over the
>> width of the tread would indicate a pressure that is providing full tread
>> contact (9-9-9).  If wear is greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low
>> (7-9-7). If wear is greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9).
>> If one edge is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be a
>> problem (7-9-9 or 9-9-7).
>>
>> If you need an excuse to  go out and drive the car hard periodically, the
>> chalk method will be your first and best choice.  The depth gauge method
>> will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more often so I
>> recommend you do that, also.
>>
>> While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the condition
>> of the sidewalls.  If you are getting depth readings at or below the threes
>> or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue for new ones.
>>
>> (The Other) Len
>> Fairfield, CA, USA
>> 1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert" <[email-masked]>
>> To: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: "Healey List" <[email-masked]>
>> Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM
>> Subject: [Healeys] tire pressure
>>
>>
>> The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending on
>>> tire type and static weight distribution.
>>>
>>> The correct method for determining proper tire pressure is as follows:
>>>
>>> 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across the
>>> tread and sidewall of each tire;
>>> 2. Drive the car hard, including tight turns;
>>> 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where the
>>> tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or arrows to mark
>>> the knuckle.
>>> 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You are
>>> not using all of the tire.
>>> Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is rolling
>>> over too much.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Jim
>>>
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>>
>> [email-masked]
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
>> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>
>>
>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/829e342c/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 13
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 08:19:55 -0700
From: i erbs <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
Cc: Austin Healey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tire pressure
Message-ID:
	<CABXhz8_y6NV2O-ZVd0-=+h5uKyEEc3duaLEGcL1Zmigomd=[email-masked]>

I wish I drove my car enough to matter. I am more concerned about the age
of the tires and sidewall failure than uneven tire wear :)
That said , my car is a bit bumpy since I put the new tires on it. I think
the shop over inflated them. I need to check on them.
Cheers

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
      _______                                  _______
     (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)
         (_________________________)
      BT7 engine and disk brakes
*Aerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.* ? *Enzo Ferrari*
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> While measuring tire wear may give historically accurate information we
> really want to get it right before the tire wears unevenly.
>
> Consider doing what is recommended at:
>
> http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comunidad/fluke-news-
> plus/articlecategories/automotive/racetracktemp
>
> Admittedly much of what the site touts is not relevant to street driving
> but you can get the information you need to adjust tire pressures in real
> time.  And while a contact probe may be most accurate I use an infrared
> pyrometer to tell me whether tire temps are increasing too much or not
> enough, etc. etc.
>
> Best--Michael Oritt
>
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial tires it
>> only works when pressures are really way out.
>> It will however work for discovering front wheel misalignment for both
>> types of tire.
>> Kees Oudesluijs
>>
>> Op 25-10-2016 om 0:55 schreef Len and/or Marge Hartnett:
>>
>>>
>>> Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge.  This will take more time but
>>> over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure.  Measure the
>>> depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and the outer
>>> edge of the tire.  If checked every six or so months, even wear over the
>>> width of the tread would indicate a pressure that is providing full tread
>>> contact (9-9-9).  If wear is greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low
>>> (7-9-7). If wear is greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9).
>>> If one edge is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be a
>>> problem (7-9-9 or 9-9-7).
>>>
>>> If you need an excuse to  go out and drive the car hard periodically,
>>> the chalk method will be your first and best choice.  The depth gauge
>>> method will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more often
>>> so I recommend you do that, also.
>>>
>>> While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the condition
>>> of the sidewalls.  If you are getting depth readings at or below the threes
>>> or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue for new ones.
>>>
>>> (The Other) Len
>>> Fairfield, CA, USA
>>> 1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
>>>
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert" <[email-masked]>
>>> To: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
>>> Cc: "Healey List" <[email-masked]>
>>> Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM
>>> Subject: [Healeys] tire pressure
>>>
>>>
>>> The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending on
>>>> tire type and static weight distribution.
>>>>
>>>> The correct method for determining proper tire pressure is as follows:
>>>>
>>>> 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across the
>>>> tread and sidewall of each tire;
>>>> 2. Drive the car hard, including tight turns;
>>>> 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where the
>>>> tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or arrows to mark
>>>> the knuckle.
>>>> 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You are
>>>> not using all of the tire.
>>>> Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is rolling
>>>> over too much.
>>>>
>>>> Best regards,
>>>> Jim
>>>>
>>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>>>
>>> [email-masked]
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>>
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
>>> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>>
>> [email-masked]
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
>> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/e40500fb/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 14
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 09:19:07 -0700
From: ROBERT A WESTCOTT <[email-masked]>
To: healeymanjim <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] bj8

I have used Pete Groh  several times.  Not inexpensive but genuine Wilmot Breeder keys.

BritishCarKeys.com           (410) 750-2352

He can also cut keys on American key blanks  ( great for a backup set ) .

Always have been a pleasure to work with him.

Rob

> On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:08 AM, healeymanjim <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> i had to order blanks from moss and then take them to locksmith for cutting.  no locksmith here in my area carries them 

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Healeys mailing list
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------------------------------

End of Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue 293
***************************************

------=_Part_18219_623775198.1477521301339
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='2' face='arial'>OK
<div>RE: the list; let me toss out this "ping"
<div><br>
</div>

<div>I've been on list for years, starting in the .... mid 1990's ???</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Haven't been active lately. Here's the Ping</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Anybody remember "Mrs. Peel" ?</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Anybody ?</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Cheers,</div>

<div>David Maxwell &amp; &nbsp;Mrs. Peel the 1960 BT-7 Sometimes Coupe'<br>
<br>
<br>

<div style="font-family:helvetica,arial;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: healeys-request &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Tue, Oct 25, 2016 4:16 pm<br>
Subject: Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue 293<br>
<br>
Send Healeys mailing list submissions to<br>
	<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<br>
	<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to<br>
	healeys-<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
You can reach the person managing the list at<br>
	healeys-<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific<br>
than "Re: Contents of Healeys digest..."<br>
<br>
<br>
Today's Topics:<br>
<br>
   1. Re: List quiet ([email-masked])<br>
   2. Re: List quiet (Bob Spidell)<br>
   3. tire pressures (Mike)<br>
   4. Re: List quiet (i erbs)<br>
   5. Knowledge (Fred Wescoe)<br>
 6. Re: LED dash lights (<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>)<br>
   7. Re: tire pressure (Len and/or Marge Hartnett)<br>
   8. Re: List quiet (Perry)<br>
   9. Re: bj8 (David Cooperman)<br>
  10. Re: tire pressure (Oudesluys)<br>
  11. Re: List quiet (Paul Leeks)<br>
  12. Re: tire pressure (Michael Oritt)<br>
  13. Re: tire pressure (i erbs)<br>
  14. Re: bj8 (ROBERT A WESTCOTT)<br>
<br>
<br>
----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 1<br>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 20:14:42 +0200 (MEST)<br>
From: "[email-masked]" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Reinhart Rosner &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;,  "Healeys,  Forum"<br>
	&lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet<br>
Message-ID:<br>
	&lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
	<br>
<br>
Reinhard,<br>
Perhaps I need to work on me to be more patient. As a European I am only <br>
guest and should keep me in the background.<br>
 <br>
For me its not those (new) members asking questions in need of helpful <br>
answers who wear me out. To help those is the meaning of this list and I am <br>
in first row to help when help is needed no matter how qualified or not the <br>
question is. All of us started with no or very little knowledge.<br>
What is really wearing are some answers of people always need to tell their <br>
two cents even they have no idea of the problem. it looks like they count <br>
their own value by the number of postings they do.<br>
 <br>
Sorry, but I know I am wrong and the list is better than ever, but for me <br>
its no more the list I liked so much.<br>
Thanks to all of those who try to keep the level high, but there are only a <br>
few left of the ones whose input I enjoyed.<br>
 <br>
Josef Eckert<br>
54BN1<br>
62BT7<br>
65Sprite<br>
 <br>
 <br>
 <br>
 <br>
 <br>
-----Original-Nachricht-----<br>
Betreff: AW: [Healeys] List quiet<br>
Datum: 2016-10-24T12:37:04+0200<br>
Von: "Reinhart Rosner" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
An: "[email-masked]" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, "'Healeys, <br>
Forum'" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
 <br>
 <br>
 <br>
<br>
Josef,<br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
Of course you are right. Many very experienced listers have left the list <br>
(the loss of Rich Chrysler was mentioned already) or went more and more <br>
quiet (Garry Anderson, Roger Moment, Josef Eckert  ;-) , ?).<br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
As far as I can look back I am on the list since 2000. In the beginning <br>
only reading messages and sometimes asking questions. Lately even posting <br>
some of my little knowledge.<br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
You as one of the more knowledgeable guys sure will no more get as much out <br>
as years ago. But now you are one of the valuable sources of wisdom that <br>
many would regret to lose. Especially knowledgeable about the <br>
continental-European view and problems. So I only can ask you to stay and <br>
share your wisdom.<br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
Kind regards<br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
Reinhart<br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
Reinhart Rosner<br>
<br>
55 AH 100 BN1<br>
<br>
Vienna - Austria<br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
Von: Healeys [<a href="mailto:[email-masked]?">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] Im Auftrag von <br>
[email-masked]<br>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 09:37<br>
An: Healeys, Forum<br>
Betreff: [Healeys] List quiet<br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
I suspect many listers left the list, as the quality of this information <br>
source went so much down over the past months and years.<br>
This list was a phantastic pool of wisdom about 10 years ago, but nowadays <br>
most comming through is very low level to my mind.<br>
Sorry, I am also very close to say good bye as its more wearing what I read <br>
than refreshing.<br>
Just my opinion, but also the one of several Healey experts I know and who <br>
already left or just staying quiet and are no more active.<br>
 <br>
Josef Eckert<br>
Konigswinter/Germany<br>
<br>
 <br>
<br>
?<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/c5c75aec/attachment-0001.html" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/c5c75aec/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 2<br>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 19:45:34 +0000 (UTC)<br>
From: Bob Spidell &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
Cc: healeys &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet<br>
Message-ID:<br>
	&lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
Happened to come across this quote today: <br>
<br>
" No man who continues to add something to the material, intellectual and moral well-being of the place in which he lives is long left without proper reward." <br>
<br>
Booker T. Washington <br>
<br>
----- Original Message -----<br>
<br>
From: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> <br>
To: "J. Scott Morris" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;, "healeys" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; <br>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:12:36 AM <br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet <br>
<br>
Hear, Hear. <br>
Carl Rubino <br>
1957 BN-4 Longbridge <br>
From: J. Scott Morris <br>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2016 7:24 PM <br>
To: Healeys List <br>
Subject: [Healeys] List quiet <br>
I first registered on the Healey List sometime in late 1998. Over the years there has been a number of quiet periods. Sometimes it has been technical with the internet at large [During week of Oct 16, 2016 a major part of the internet was actually hacked ] or problems with our host. At other times some knowledgeable people [ I miss Rich Chrysler] have either passed on or moved on to other interests. Then of course there is the fact of competing forms of communications. <br>
<br>
In the main, I have really enjoyed the Healey List and plan on remaining a member. It is amazing what you can find out and pass on to others. Of course there are always a few members that I simply must use the ?delete? button on. But that exists in any group. <br>
--Scott Morris -Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives <br>
<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/30830b87/attachment-0001.html" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/30830b87/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 3<br>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:13:52 -0700<br>
From: Mike &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: Healey List &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: [Healeys] tire pressures<br>
<br>
For what it's worth, here is a summary.  (Hope this transmits)<br>
<br>
I will try 30/30 and see how that works.  Seems like good numbers to me, <br>
too.<br>
<br>
<br>
-- <br>
Mike<br>
<br>
MGTD (long gone)<br>
BN1 (long gone)<br>
BN2-100M (gone but in good hands)<br>
BJ8<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...<br>
Name: Tire Pressures.xls<br>
Type: application/vnd.ms-excel<br>
Size: 15360 bytes<br>
Desc: not available<br>
URL: &lt;<a href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/dc7543c4/attachment-0001.xls" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/dc7543c4/attachment-0001.xls</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 4<br>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:19:31 -0700<br>
From: i erbs &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: Reinhart Rosner &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Cc: "Healeys, Forum" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet<br>
Message-ID:<br>
	&lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
agreed<br>
<br>
Ira Erbs<br>
Portland,OR<br>
      _______    _______<br>
     (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)<br>
         (_________________________)<br>
          BT7 engine and disk brakes<br>
*Aerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.* ? *Enzo Ferrari*<br>
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words<br>
<br>
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Reinhart Rosner &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
wrote:<br>
<br>
&gt; Josef,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Of course you are right. Many very experienced listers have left the list<br>
&gt; (the loss of Rich Chrysler was mentioned already) or went more and more<br>
&gt; quiet (Garry Anderson, Roger Moment, Josef Eckert  ;-) , ?).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; As far as I can look back I am on the list since 2000. In the beginning<br>
&gt; only reading messages and sometimes asking questions. Lately even posting<br>
&gt; some of my little knowledge.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; You as one of the more knowledgeable guys sure will no more get as much<br>
&gt; out as years ago. But now you are one of the valuable sources of wisdom<br>
&gt; that many would regret to lose. Especially knowledgeable about the<br>
&gt; continental-European view and problems. So I only can ask you to stay and<br>
&gt; share your wisdom.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Kind regards<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Reinhart<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Reinhart Rosner<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; 55 AH 100 BN1<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Vienna - Austria<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; *Von:* Healeys [<a href="mailto:[email-masked]?">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] *Im Auftrag von *<br>
&gt; [email-masked]<br>
&gt; *Gesendet:* Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 09:37<br>
&gt; *An:* Healeys, Forum<br>
&gt; *Betreff:* [Healeys] List quiet<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I suspect many listers left the list, as the quality of this information<br>
&gt; source went so much down over the past months and years.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; This list was a phantastic pool of wisdom about 10 years ago, but nowadays<br>
&gt; most comming through is very low level to my mind.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Sorry, I am also very close to say good bye as its more wearing what I<br>
&gt; read than refreshing.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Just my opinion, but also the one of several Healey experts I know and who<br>
&gt; already left or just staying quiet and are no more active.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Josef Eckert<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Konigswinter/Germany<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt; <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>
&gt; options/healeys/<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/d95965c7/attachment-0001.html" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/d95965c7/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 5<br>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 17:01:09 -0400<br>
From: Fred Wescoe &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: healeys &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: [Healeys] Knowledge<br>
Message-ID:<br>
	&lt;CAPAC+V4ywd+Wd1tHSTy0jg+FSASCBT62ALiROFU-<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
Once again I am impressed with the knowledge of the participants on this<br>
list.  I received many responses (including drawings and photos) to my<br>
removal of the center console on my "new" 66 BJ8.<br>
<br>
There were also many many responses to the question of missing keys and<br>
what fits what as well as how to combine keys.<br>
<br>
The willingness of the members to share information, experiences and<br>
knowledge is gratifying when in need of information and input.  The list<br>
and it's members is invaluable.<br>
<br>
Thanks again to all who responded with help.<br>
<br>
Fred<br>
<br>
66 BJ8<br>
63 BJ7 deceased<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/7cabfe9a/attachment-0001.html" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/7cabfe9a/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 6<br>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:43:55 +0000 (UTC)<br>
From: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
To: i erbs &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Cc: Ahealey help &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED dash lights<br>
Message-ID:<br>
	&lt;749F94B05E660FF2.d3f35532-c497-4f65-95f4-<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
	<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Probably have to mail them to Ethiopia for the "Free Replacement" and don't forget to include? $20 for the return postage.?<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 6:25 PM -0400, "i erbs" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
I have a very hard to reach hall way light. I put "20 year" LED bulbs in it last year. One burned out in two months.<br>
Ira ErbsPortland,OR? ? ? _______ ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?_______<br>
? ?? (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)<br>
? ? ? ?? (_________________________)? ? ? ? ? BT7 engine and disk brakesAerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.???Enzo Ferrari<br>
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words<br>
<br>
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 1:47 AM, Oudesluys &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
  <br>
    <br>
  <br>
  <br>
    The lights are gone. Although it is<br>
      claimed that LED lights last practically for ever, my experience<br>
      is they most certainly do not!! <br>
<br>
      Not in the car nor in the house..<br>
<br>
      <br>
<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
<br>
      <br>
<br>
      <br>
<br>
      Op 24-10-2016 om 0:23 schreef Bruce Steele:<br>
<br>
    <br>
    <br>
      <br>
      <br>
      <br>
        <br>
<br>
I bought a set of LED dash lights<br>
            from British Car Specialists last year and they worked great<br>
            until recently when I noticed they started to flicker.? This<br>
            has gotten worse until yesterday morning the speedo light<br>
            never came on and the tach was dark for a while before<br>
            beginning to flicker.? All 4 gauges are exhibiting the same<br>
            symptoms, but the generator light, high beam indicator and<br>
            trafficator indicator function normally.? All LED bulbs are<br>
            tight in their mountings; I can rule out intermittent<br>
   contact.? I?ve not swapped the incandescent bulbs back in<br>
            yet for a test, BTW.? Any thoughts on the cause?? <br>
        <br>
<br>
?<br>
        <br>
<br>
Bruce Steele<br>
        <br>
<br>
Brea, CA<br>
        <br>
<br>
1960 BN7<br>
        <br>
<br>
?<br>
      <br>
      <br>
<br>
      <br>
      <br>
<br>
      _______________________________________________<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
    <br>
  <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
    <br>
  <br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/64d64649/attachment-0001.html" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/64d64649/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 7<br>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 15:55:27 -0700<br>
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: "AH Mail List" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tire pressure<br>
	reply-type=original<br>
<br>
<br>
Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge.  This will take more time but over <br>
time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure.  Measure the depth <br>
at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and the outer edge of <br>
the tire.  If checked every six or so months, even wear over the width of <br>
the tread would indicate a pressure that is providing full tread contact <br>
(9-9-9).  If wear is greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low (7-9-7). <br>
If wear is greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9).  If one edge <br>
is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be a problem (7-9-9 or <br>
9-9-7).<br>
<br>
If you need an excuse to  go out and drive the car hard periodically, the <br>
chalk method will be your first and best choice.  The depth gauge method <br>
will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more often so I <br>
recommend you do that, also.<br>
<br>
While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the condition of <br>
the sidewalls.  If you are getting depth readings at or below the threes or <br>
they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue for new ones.<br>
<br>
(The Other) Len<br>
Fairfield, CA, USA<br>
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031<br>
<br>
<br>
----- Original Message ----- <br>
From: "Richard J. Hockert" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: "Mike" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Cc: "Healey List" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM<br>
Subject: [Healeys] tire pressure<br>
<br>
<br>
&gt; The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending on <br>
&gt; tire type and static weight distribution.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The correct method for determining proper tire pressure is as follows:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across the <br>
&gt; tread and sidewall of each tire;<br>
&gt; 2. Drive the car hard, including tight turns;<br>
&gt; 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where the <br>
&gt; tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or arrows to mark <br>
&gt; the knuckle.<br>
&gt; 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You are <br>
&gt; not using all of the tire.<br>
&gt; Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is rolling <br>
&gt; over too much.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Best regards,<br>
&gt; Jim<br>
&gt;<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 8<br>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:03:17 -0400<br>
From: Perry &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
Cc: Healey &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet<br>
<br>
In a couple weeks another anniversary will happen on my Austin Healey trip through life. It will be 51 years since I was allowed to buy my first car, a raggity but running BN2. Still sitting in my garage. <br>
Sometimes it is not about the wisdom of a list that keeps it alive but the common love of an item and the life experiences shared. Two sons that have or have had an Austin Healey and enjoyed them. Lots or great relationships, both short and long, with folks that also enjoyed their cars over the years. Now days there are lots of ways to share or ask advise but the list is still a good way to do it. <br>
Have a great day. Winter is on the way. <br>
Aloha <br>
Perry in Pennsylvania<br>
<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 9<br>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 09:16:04 +0530<br>
From: David Cooperman &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: healeymanjim &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Cc: "<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] bj8<br>
<br>
I was able to find one of the correct blanks at an old fashioned locksmith shop near my house. The other blank he was able to quickly order. <br>
<br>
A typical hardware store/big box store will not have anything even close. <br>
<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
<br>
&gt; On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:38 PM, healeymanjim &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; i had to order blanks from moss and then take them to locksmith for cutting.  no locksmith here in my area carries the <br>
&gt; blank for our cars.<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt; <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt; <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 10<br>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:57:20 +0200<br>
From: Oudesluys &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tire pressure<br>
<br>
This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial tires it <br>
only works when pressures are really way out.<br>
It will however work for discovering front wheel misalignment for both <br>
types of tire.<br>
Kees Oudesluijs<br>
<br>
Op 25-10-2016 om 0:55 schreef Len and/or Marge Hartnett:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge.  This will take more time <br>
&gt; but over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure.  <br>
&gt; Measure the depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the <br>
&gt; tire, and the outer edge of the tire.  If checked every six or so <br>
&gt; months, even wear over the width of the tread would indicate a <br>
&gt; pressure that is providing full tread contact (9-9-9).  If wear is <br>
&gt; greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low (7-9-7). If wear is <br>
&gt; greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9).  If one edge is <br>
&gt; wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be a problem (7-9-9 <br>
&gt; or 9-9-7).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; If you need an excuse to  go out and drive the car hard periodically, <br>
&gt; the chalk method will be your first and best choice.  The depth gauge <br>
&gt; method will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more <br>
&gt; often so I recommend you do that, also.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the <br>
&gt; condition of the sidewalls.  If you are getting depth readings at or <br>
&gt; below the threes or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue <br>
&gt; for new ones.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; (The Other) Len<br>
&gt; Fairfield, CA, USA<br>
&gt; 1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; To: "Mike" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; Cc: "Healey List" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM<br>
&gt; Subject: [Healeys] tire pressure<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending <br>
&gt;&gt; on tire type and static weight distribution.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; The correct method for determining proper tire pressure is as follows:<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across the <br>
&gt;&gt; tread and sidewall of each tire;<br>
&gt;&gt; 2. Drive the car hard, including tight turns;<br>
&gt;&gt; 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where <br>
&gt;&gt; the tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or <br>
&gt;&gt; arrows to mark the knuckle.<br>
&gt;&gt; 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You <br>
&gt;&gt; are not using all of the tire.<br>
&gt;&gt; Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is <br>
&gt;&gt; rolling over too much.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Best regards,<br>
&gt;&gt; Jim<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt; <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <br>
&gt; <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 11<br>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:12:38 +0100<br>
From: Paul Leeks &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: "&lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet<br>
Message-ID:<br>
	&lt;CAKv9UdSEryH3peT7Tui--oLthH+MdptNj84mNSg4vj=<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
I have also been on the list for many years and, although I rarely<br>
contribute, I find the most of the topics interesting and some of them<br>
absolutely invaluable in saving me time, money and heartache (which reminds<br>
me to stump up my annual 'subs'!).<br>
<br>
Long may it continue.<br>
<br>
Paul Leeks<br>
Lancashire<br>
100/6 BN4<br>
<br>
-- <br>
EMAIL DISCLAIMER<br>
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not <br>
necessarily those of Glasgows.It is intended only for the person(s) to <br>
whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or confidential <br>
information. Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, distribution or use <br>
of this message to any other person may constitute a breach of civil or <br>
criminal law. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received <br>
this email by mistake and delete it from your system. Glasgows is a trading <br>
style of R Glasgow &amp; Associates Public Relations Limited. Registered in <br>
England &amp; Wales No. 2257022.<br>
<br>
-- <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
EMAIL DISCLAIMER<br>
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not <br>
necessarily those of Glasgows. It is intended only for the person(s) to <br>
whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or confidential <br>
information. Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, distribution or use <br>
of this message to any other person may constitute a breach of civil or <br>
criminal law. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received <br>
this email by mistake and delete it from your system. Glasgows Limited is <br>
registered in England &amp; Wales No. 2257022.<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/669ead4d/attachment-0001.html" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/669ead4d/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 12<br>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 08:57:47 -0400<br>
From: Michael Oritt &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: Oudesluys &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Cc: Austin Healey &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tire pressure<br>
Message-ID:<br>
	&lt;CAPTa0B61tJPGy=<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
While measuring tire wear may give historically accurate information we<br>
really want to get it right before the tire wears unevenly.<br>
<br>
Consider doing what is recommended at:<br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comunidad/fluke-news-plus/articlecategories/automotive/racetracktemp" target="_blank">http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comunidad/fluke-news-plus/articlecategories/automotive/racetracktemp</a><br>
<br>
Admittedly much of what the site touts is not relevant to street driving<br>
but you can get the information you need to adjust tire pressures in real<br>
time.  And while a contact probe may be most accurate I use an infrared<br>
pyrometer to tell me whether tire temps are increasing too much or not<br>
enough, etc. etc.<br>
<br>
Best--Michael Oritt<br>
<br>
On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Oudesluys &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
&gt; This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial tires it<br>
&gt; only works when pressures are really way out.<br>
&gt; It will however work for discovering front wheel misalignment for both<br>
&gt; types of tire.<br>
&gt; Kees Oudesluijs<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Op 25-10-2016 om 0:55 schreef Len and/or Marge Hartnett:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge.  This will take more time but<br>
&gt;&gt; over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure.  Measure the<br>
&gt;&gt; depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and the outer<br>
&gt;&gt; edge of the tire.  If checked every six or so months, even wear over the<br>
&gt;&gt; width of the tread would indicate a pressure that is providing full tread<br>
&gt;&gt; contact (9-9-9).  If wear is greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low<br>
&gt;&gt; (7-9-7). If wear is greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9).<br>
&gt;&gt; If one edge is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be a<br>
&gt;&gt; problem (7-9-9 or 9-9-7).<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; If you need an excuse to  go out and drive the car hard periodically, the<br>
&gt;&gt; chalk method will be your first and best choice.  The depth gauge method<br>
&gt;&gt; will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more often so I<br>
&gt;&gt; recommend you do that, also.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the condition<br>
&gt;&gt; of the sidewalls.  If you are getting depth readings at or below the threes<br>
&gt;&gt; or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue for new ones.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; (The Other) Len<br>
&gt;&gt; Fairfield, CA, USA<br>
&gt;&gt; 1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; To: "Mike" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Cc: "Healey List" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM<br>
&gt;&gt; Subject: [Healeys] tire pressure<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending on<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; tire type and static weight distribution.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; The correct method for determining proper tire pressure is as follows:<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; tread and sidewall of each tire;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; 2. Drive the car hard, including tight turns;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or arrows to mark<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; the knuckle.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You are<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; not using all of the tire.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is rolling<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; over too much.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Best regards,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Jim<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt;&gt; Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
&gt;&gt; Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;&gt; <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>
&gt;&gt; options/healeys/<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt; <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>
&gt; options/healeys/<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/829e342c/attachment-0001.html" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/829e342c/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 13<br>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 08:19:55 -0700<br>
From: i erbs &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: Michael Oritt &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Cc: Austin Healey &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tire pressure<br>
Message-ID:<br>
	&lt;CABXhz8_y6NV2O-ZVd0-=+h5uKyEEc3duaLEGcL1Zmigomd=<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
I wish I drove my car enough to matter. I am more concerned about the age<br>
of the tires and sidewall failure than uneven tire wear :)<br>
That said , my car is a bit bumpy since I put the new tires on it. I think<br>
the shop over inflated them. I need to check on them.<br>
Cheers<br>
<br>
Ira Erbs<br>
Portland,OR<br>
      _______                                  _______<br>
     (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)<br>
         (_________________________)<br>
      BT7 engine and disk brakes<br>
*Aerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.* ? *Enzo Ferrari*<br>
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words<br>
<br>
On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Michael Oritt &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
wrote:<br>
<br>
&gt; While measuring tire wear may give historically accurate information we<br>
&gt; really want to get it right before the tire wears unevenly.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Consider doing what is recommended at:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href="http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comunidad/fluke-news-" target="_blank">http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comunidad/fluke-news-</a><br>
&gt; plus/articlecategories/automotive/racetracktemp<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Admittedly much of what the site touts is not relevant to street driving<br>
&gt; but you can get the information you need to adjust tire pressures in real<br>
&gt; time.  And while a contact probe may be most accurate I use an infrared<br>
&gt; pyrometer to tell me whether tire temps are increasing too much or not<br>
&gt; enough, etc. etc.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Best--Michael Oritt<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Oudesluys &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial tires it<br>
&gt;&gt; only works when pressures are really way out.<br>
&gt;&gt; It will however work for discovering front wheel misalignment for both<br>
&gt;&gt; types of tire.<br>
&gt;&gt; Kees Oudesluijs<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Op 25-10-2016 om 0:55 schreef Len and/or Marge Hartnett:<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge.  This will take more time but<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure.  Measure the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and the outer<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; edge of the tire.  If checked every six or so months, even wear over the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; width of the tread would indicate a pressure that is providing full tread<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; contact (9-9-9).  If wear is greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; (7-9-7). If wear is greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9).<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; If one edge is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be a<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; problem (7-9-9 or 9-9-7).<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; If you need an excuse to  go out and drive the car hard periodically,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; the chalk method will be your first and best choice.  The depth gauge<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; method will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more often<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; so I recommend you do that, also.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the condition<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; of the sidewalls.  If you are getting depth readings at or below the threes<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue for new ones.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; (The Other) Len<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Fairfield, CA, USA<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; 1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; To: "Mike" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Cc: "Healey List" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Subject: [Healeys] tire pressure<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending on<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; tire type and static weight distribution.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The correct method for determining proper tire pressure is as follows:<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; tread and sidewall of each tire;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 2. Drive the car hard, including tight turns;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or arrows to mark<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; the knuckle.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You are<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; not using all of the tire.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is rolling<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; over too much.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Best regards,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Jim<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; options/healeys/<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt;&gt; Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
&gt;&gt; Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;&gt; <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>
&gt;&gt; options/healeys/<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt; <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>
&gt; options/healeys/<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/e40500fb/attachment-0001.html" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/e40500fb/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 14<br>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 09:19:07 -0700<br>
From: ROBERT A WESTCOTT &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: healeymanjim &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Cc: "<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] bj8<br>
<br>
I have used Pete Groh  several times.  Not inexpensive but genuine Wilmot Breeder keys.<br>
<br>
BritishCarKeys.com           (410) 750-2352<br>
<br>
He can also cut keys on American key blanks  ( great for a backup set ) .<br>
<br>
Always have been a pleasure to work with him.<br>
<br>
Rob<br>
<br>
<br>
&gt; On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:08 AM, healeymanjim &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; i had to order blanks from moss and then take them to locksmith for cutting.  no locksmith here in my area carries them <br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Subject: Digest Footer<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
Healeys mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
End of Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue 293<br>
***************************************<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_18219_623775198.1477521301339--

--===============6634303745538508561==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6634303745538508561==--

---

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 21:34:06 -0400

Mrs. Emma Peel was the female character played by Diana Rigg in The 
Avengers TV series.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php

On 10/26/2016 06:35 PM, David Maxwell wrote:
> 6. Re: LED dash lights ([email-masked]
> To: Reinhart Rosner <[email-masked]
> <[email-masked]
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Reinhard,
> Von: "Reinhart Rosner" <[email-masked]
> Von: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]
> [email-masked]
> URL:
> <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/c5c75aec/attachment-0001.html>
>
> <[email-masked]
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> " No man who continues to add something to the material, intellectual
> and moral well-being of the place in which he lives is long left without
> proper reward."
>
> Booker T. Washington
>
> To: "J. Scott Morris" <[email-masked]
> I first registered on the Healey List sometime in late 1998. Over the
> years there has been a number of quiet periods. Sometimes it has been
> technical with the internet at large [During week of Oct 16, 2016 a
> major part of the internet was actually hacked ] or problems with our
> host. At other times some knowledgeable people [ I miss Rich Chrysler]
> have either passed on or moved on to other interests. Then of course
> there is the fact of competing forms of communications.
>
> In the main, I have really enjoyed the Healey List and plan on remaining
> a member. It is amazing what you can find out and pass on to others. Of
> course there are always a few members that I simply must use the
> ?delete? button on. But that exists in any group.
> URL:
> <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/30830b87/attachment-0001.html>
>
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; Format="flowed"
>
> URL:
> <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/dc7543c4/attachment-0001.xls>
>
> Cc: "Healeys, Forum" <[email-masked]
> <[email-masked]
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> agreed
>
> Ira Erbs
> Portland,OR
> _______ _______
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Reinhart Rosner <[email-masked]
> wrote:
>
>  > Josef,
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > *Von:* Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]
>  > [email-masked]
> URL:
> <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/d95965c7/attachment-0001.html>
>
> <[email-masked]
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> URL:
> <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/7cabfe9a/attachment-0001.html>
>
> <[email-masked]
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
>
>
> Probably have to mail them to Ethiopia for the "Free Replacement" and
> don't forget to include? $20 for the return postage.?
>
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 6:25 PM -0400, "i erbs" <[email-masked]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I have a very hard to reach hall way light. I put "20 year" LED bulbs in
> it last year. One burned out in two months.
> ? ? ? ?? (_________________________)? ? ? ? ? BT7 engine and disk
> brakesAerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.???Enzo Ferrari
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 1:47 AM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]
>
>
>
>
>
> Suggested annual donation? $12.75
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> URL:
> <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/64d64649/attachment-0001.html>
>
> From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <[email-masked]
> Message-ID: <1172D75F944343A4B2A3315C215BA59C@LeonardPCPC>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=original
>
>
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> In a couple weeks another anniversary will happen on my Austin Healey
> trip through life. It will be 51 years since I was allowed to buy my
> first car, a raggity but running BN2. Still sitting in my garage.
> Sometimes it is not about the wisdom of a list that keeps it alive but
> the common love of an item and the life experiences shared. Two sons
> that have or have had an Austin Healey and enjoyed them. Lots or great
> relationships, both short and long, with folks that also enjoyed their
> cars over the years. Now days there are lots of ways to share or ask
> advise but the list is still a good way to do it.
> From: David Cooperman <[email-masked]
> To: healeymanjim <[email-masked]
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> I was able to find one of the correct blanks at an old fashioned
> locksmith shop near my house. The other blank he was able to quickly order.
>
>  > On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:38 PM, healeymanjim <[email-masked]
>  >
>  > i had to order blanks from moss and then take them to locksmith for
> cutting. no locksmith here in my area carries the
>  > blank for our cars.
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>  >
>
>
>
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed
>
>  > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert"
>  > Cc: "Healey List" <[email-masked]
> <CAKv9UdSEryH3peT7Tui--oLthH+MdptNj84mNSg4vj=[email-masked]
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> URL:
> <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/669ead4d/attachment-0001.html>
>
> From: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]
> <CAPTa0B61tJPGy=[email-masked]
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]
>
>  >> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert"
>  >> Cc: "Healey List" <[email-masked]
> URL:
> <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/829e342c/attachment-0001.html>
>
> <CABXhz8_y6NV2O-ZVd0-=+h5uKyEEc3duaLEGcL1Zmigomd=[email-masked]
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Michael Oritt <[email-masked]
> wrote:
>
>  > On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]
>  >
>  >>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert"
>  >>> Cc: "Healey List" <[email-masked]
> rolling
> URL:
> <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/e40500fb/attachment-0001.html>
>
> To: healeymanjim <[email-masked]
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
>  > On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:08 AM, healeymanjim <[email-masked]
>  >
>  > i had to order blanks from moss and then take them to locksmith for
> cutting. no locksmith here in my area carries them
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

[email-masked]

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 22:54:30 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0866490379402769007==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0175_01D22FDB.E9A31C90"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0175_01D22FDB.E9A31C90
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

"Mrs. Peel" the talented amateur and sidekick of John Steed, or "Mrs. =
Peel" the 1960 BT-7 Sometimes Coupe?

=20

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC =20

=20

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of David =
Maxwell
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 6:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] A Ping in time on the List:

=20

OK=20

RE: the list; let me toss out this "ping"=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

Anybody ?

=20

Cheers,

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-request <[email-masked]>
To: healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Oct 25, 2016 4:16 pm
Subject: Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue 293

Today's Topics:

Message: 1
<[email-masked]=
om.de>

Reinhard,
Perhaps I need to work on me to be more patient. As a European I am only =

For me its not those (new) members asking questions in need of helpful=20
answers who wear me out. To help those is the meaning of this list and I =
am=20
in first row to help when help is needed no matter how qualified or not =
the=20
question is. All of us started with no or very little knowledge.
What is really wearing are some answers of people always need to tell =
their=20
two cents even they have no idea of the problem. it looks like they =
count=20
their own value by the number of postings they do.

Sorry, but I know I am wrong and the list is better than ever, but for =
me=20
its no more the list I liked so much.
Thanks to all of those who try to keep the level high, but there are =
only a=20
few left of the ones whose input I enjoyed.

Josef Eckert
54BN1
62BT7
65Sprite

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: AW: [Healeys] List quiet
Datum: 2016-10-24T12:37:04+0200
Von: "Reinhart Rosner" <[email-masked]>
An: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "'Healeys,=20

Josef,

Of course you are right. Many very experienced listers have left the =
list=20
(the loss of Rich Chrysler was mentioned already) or went more and more=20
quiet (Garry Anderson, Roger Moment, Josef Eckert ;-) , ?).

As far as I can look back I am on the list since 2000. In the beginning=20
only reading messages and sometimes asking questions. Lately even =
posting=20
some of my little knowledge.

You as one of the more knowledgeable guys sure will no more get as much =
out=20
as years ago. But now you are one of the valuable sources of wisdom that =

many would regret to lose. Especially knowledgeable about the=20
continental-European view and problems. So I only can ask you to stay =
and=20
share your wisdom.

Kind regards

Reinhart

Reinhart Rosner

55 AH 100 BN1

Vienna - Austria

Von: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked] =
[email-masked]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 09:37
An: Healeys, Forum
Betreff: [Healeys] List quiet

I suspect many listers left the list, as the quality of this information =

source went so much down over the past months and years.
This list was a phantastic pool of wisdom about 10 years ago, but =
nowadays=20
most comming through is very low level to my mind.
Sorry, I am also very close to say good bye as its more wearing what I =
read=20
than refreshing.
Just my opinion, but also the one of several Healey experts I know and =
who=20
already left or just staying quiet and are no more active.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: =
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/c5c75aec/at=
tachment-0001.html>

Message: 2

Happened to come across this quote today:=20

" No man who continues to add something to the material, intellectual =
and moral well-being of the place in which he lives is long left without =
proper reward."=20

Booker T. Washington=20

----- Original Message -----

From: [email-masked]=20
To: "J. Scott Morris" <[email-masked]>, "healeys" =
<[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:12:36 AM=20
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet=20

Hear, Hear.=20
Carl Rubino=20
1957 BN-4 Longbridge=20
From: J. Scott Morris=20
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2016 7:24 PM=20
To: Healeys List=20
Subject: [Healeys] List quiet=20
I first registered on the Healey List sometime in late 1998. Over the =
years there has been a number of quiet periods. Sometimes it has been =
technical with the internet at large [During week of Oct 16, 2016 a =
major part of the internet was actually hacked ] or problems with our =
host. At other times some knowledgeable people [ I miss Rich Chrysler] =
have either passed on or moved on to other interests. Then of course =
there is the fact of competing forms of communications.=20

In the main, I have really enjoyed the Healey List and plan on remaining =
a member. It is amazing what you can find out and pass on to others. Of =
course there are always a few members that I simply must use the =
?delete? button on. But that exists in any group.=20
--Scott Morris -Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives=20

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: =
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/30830b87/at=
tachment-0001.html>

Message: 3

I will try 30/30 and see how that works. Seems like good numbers to me,=20
too.

--=20
Mike

MGTD (long gone)
BN1 (long gone)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Tire Pressures.xls
Type: application/vnd.ms-excel
Size: 15360 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: =
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/dc7543c4/at=
tachment-0001.xls>

Message: 4

agreed

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
_______ _______

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Reinhart Rosner =
<[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Josef,
>
>
>
> Of course you are right. Many very experienced listers have left the =
list
> (the loss of Rich Chrysler was mentioned already) or went more and =
more
> As far as I can look back I am on the list since 2000. In the =
beginning
> only reading messages and sometimes asking questions. Lately even =
posting
> You as one of the more knowledgeable guys sure will no more get as =
much
> out as years ago. But now you are one of the valuable sources of =
wisdom
> continental-European view and problems. So I only can ask you to stay =
and
> share your wisdom.
>
>
>
> Kind regards
>
>
>
> Reinhart
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Reinhart Rosner
>
> 55 AH 100 BN1
>
> Vienna - Austria
>
>
>
>
>
> *Von:* Healeys [mailto:[email-masked] =
> [email-masked]
> I suspect many listers left the list, as the quality of this =
information
> This list was a phantastic pool of wisdom about 10 years ago, but =
nowadays
> Just my opinion, but also the one of several Healey experts I know and =
who
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: =
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/d95965c7/at=
tachment-0001.html>

Message: 5

Fred

66 BJ8
63 BJ7 deceased
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: =
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/7cabfe9a/at=
tachment-0001.html>

Message: 6

Probably have to mail them to Ethiopia for the "Free Replacement" and =
don't forget to include? $20 for the return postage.?

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 6:25 PM -0400, "i erbs" <[email-masked]> =
wrote:

I have a very hard to reach hall way light. I put "20 year" LED bulbs in =
it last year. One burned out in two months.
Ira ErbsPortland,OR? ? ? _______ ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? =
?_______
? ?? (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)
? ? ? ?? (_________________________)? ? ? ? ? BT7 engine and disk =
brakesAerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.???Enzo =
Ferrari
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 1:47 AM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]> =
wrote:

The lights are gone. Although it is
claimed that LED lights last practically for ever, my experience
is they most certainly do not!!=20

Kees Oudesluijs

yet for a test, BTW.? Any thoughts on the cause??=20

?

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

?

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: =
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/64d64649/at=
tachment-0001.html>

Message: 7
reply-type=3Doriginal

Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge. This will take more time but =
over=20
time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure. Measure the =
depth=20
at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and the outer =
edge of=20
the tire. If checked every six or so months, even wear over the width of =

the tread would indicate a pressure that is providing full tread contact =

(9-9-9). If wear is greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low =
(7-9-7).=20
If wear is greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9). If one =
edge=20
is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be a problem =
(7-9-9 or=20
9-9-7).

If you need an excuse to go out and drive the car hard periodically, the =

chalk method will be your first and best choice. The depth gauge method=20
will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more often so I =

While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the condition =
of=20
the sidewalls. If you are getting depth readings at or below the threes =
or=20
they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue for new ones.

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA

----- Original Message -----=20

> The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending =
on=20
> 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across the=20
> 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where =
the=20
> tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or arrows to =
mark=20
> the knuckle.
> 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You =
are=20
> Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is =
rolling=20

Message: 8

In a couple weeks another anniversary will happen on my Austin Healey =
trip through life. It will be 51 years since I was allowed to buy my =
first car, a raggity but running BN2. Still sitting in my garage.=20
Sometimes it is not about the wisdom of a list that keeps it alive but =
the common love of an item and the life experiences shared. Two sons =
that have or have had an Austin Healey and enjoyed them. Lots or great =
relationships, both short and long, with folks that also enjoyed their =
cars over the years. Now days there are lots of ways to share or ask =
advise but the list is still a good way to do it.=20
Have a great day. Winter is on the way.=20
Aloha=20
Perry in Pennsylvania

Sent from my iPhone

Message: 9

I was able to find one of the correct blanks at an old fashioned =
locksmith shop near my house. The other blank he was able to quickly =
order.=20

A typical hardware store/big box store will not have anything even =
close.=20

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:38 PM, healeymanjim <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>=20
> i had to order blanks from moss and then take them to locksmith for =
cutting. no locksmith here in my area carries the=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
>=20

Message: 10

This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial tires it =

only works when pressures are really way out.
It will however work for discovering front wheel misalignment for both=20
types of tire.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 25-10-2016 om 0:55 schreef Len and/or Marge Hartnett:
>
> Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge. This will take more time=20
> but over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure.=20
> Measure the depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the=20
> tire, and the outer edge of the tire. If checked every six or so=20
> months, even wear over the width of the tread would indicate a=20
> pressure that is providing full tread contact (9-9-9). If wear is=20
> greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low (7-9-7). If wear is=20
> greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9). If one edge is=20
> wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be a problem (7-9-9 =

> or 9-9-7).
>
> If you need an excuse to go out and drive the car hard periodically,=20
> the chalk method will be your first and best choice. The depth gauge=20
> method will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more=20
> While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the=20
> condition of the sidewalls. If you are getting depth readings at or=20
> below the threes or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue=20
> for new ones.
>
> (The Other) Len
> Fairfield, CA, USA
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert" =
<[email-masked]>
>> The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending =

>> The correct method for determining proper tire pressure is as =
follows:
>>
>> 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across the =

>> 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where=20
>> the tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or=20
>> 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You=20
>> Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is=20
>> rolling over too much.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jim
>>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:=20

Message: 11
<CAKv9UdSEryH3peT7Tui--oLthH+MdptNj84mNSg4vj=[email-masked]>

I have also been on the list for many years and, although I rarely
contribute, I find the most of the topics interesting and some of them
absolutely invaluable in saving me time, money and heartache (which =
reminds
me to stump up my annual 'subs'!).

Long may it continue.

Paul Leeks
Lancashire
100/6 BN4

--=20
EMAIL DISCLAIMER
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not =

necessarily those of Glasgows.It is intended only for the person(s) to=20
whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or confidential=20
information. Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, distribution or =
use=20
of this message to any other person may constitute a breach of civil or=20
criminal law. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received=20
this email by mistake and delete it from your system. Glasgows is a =
trading=20
style of R Glasgow & Associates Public Relations Limited. Registered in=20
England & Wales No. 2257022.

--=20

EMAIL DISCLAIMER
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not =

necessarily those of Glasgows. It is intended only for the person(s) to=20
whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or confidential=20
information. Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, distribution or =
use=20
of this message to any other person may constitute a breach of civil or=20
criminal law. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received=20
this email by mistake and delete it from your system. Glasgows Limited =
is=20
registered in England & Wales No. 2257022.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: =
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/669ead4d/at=
tachment-0001.html>

Message: 12
<CAPTa0B61tJPGy=[email-masked]>

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comunidad/fluke-news-plus/articlecategori=
es/automotive/racetracktemp

Admittedly much of what the site touts is not relevant to street driving
but you can get the information you need to adjust tire pressures in =
real
time. And while a contact probe may be most accurate I use an infrared
pyrometer to tell me whether tire temps are increasing too much or not
enough, etc. etc.

Best--Michael Oritt

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]> =
wrote:

> This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial tires =
it
>> Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge. This will take more time =
but
>> over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure. Measure =
the
>> depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and the =
outer
>> edge of the tire. If checked every six or so months, even wear over =
the
>> width of the tread would indicate a pressure that is providing full =
tread
>> contact (9-9-9). If wear is greater at the edges, tire pressure is =
too low
>> (7-9-7). If wear is greater in the center, pressure it too high =
(9-7-9).
>> If one edge is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be =
a
>> If you need an excuse to go out and drive the car hard periodically, =
the
>> chalk method will be your first and best choice. The depth gauge =
method
>> will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more often =
so I
>> While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the =
condition
>> of the sidewalls. If you are getting depth readings at or below the =
threes
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert" =
<[email-masked]>
>> The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending =
on
>>> The correct method for determining proper tire pressure is as =
follows:
>>>
>>> 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across =
the
>>> 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where =
the
>>> tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or arrows =
to mark
>>> the knuckle.
>>> 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You =
are
>>> Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is =
rolling
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: =
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/829e342c/at=
tachment-0001.html>

Message: 13
<CABXhz8_y6NV2O-ZVd0-=3D+h5uKyEEc3duaLEGcL1Zmigomd=[email-masked]>

I wish I drove my car enough to matter. I am more concerned about the =
age
of the tires and sidewall failure than uneven tire wear :)
That said , my car is a bit bumpy since I put the new tires on it. I =
think
the shop over inflated them. I need to check on them.
Cheers

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
_______ _______

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> While measuring tire wear may give historically accurate information =
we
> Admittedly much of what the site touts is not relevant to street =
driving
> but you can get the information you need to adjust tire pressures in =
real
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>
>> This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial tires =
it
>> It will however work for discovering front wheel misalignment for =
both
>>> Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge. This will take more time =
but
>>> over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure. Measure =
the
>>> depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and the =
outer
>>> edge of the tire. If checked every six or so months, even wear over =
the
>>> width of the tread would indicate a pressure that is providing full =
tread
>>> contact (9-9-9). If wear is greater at the edges, tire pressure is =
too low
>>> (7-9-7). If wear is greater in the center, pressure it too high =
(9-7-9).
>>> If one edge is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be =
a
>>> method will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more =
often
>>> While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the =
condition
>>> of the sidewalls. If you are getting depth readings at or below the =
threes
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard J. Hockert" =
<[email-masked]>
>>> The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, =
depending on
>>>> The correct method for determining proper tire pressure is as =
follows:
>>>>
>>>> 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across =
the
>>>> 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where =
the
>>>> tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or arrows =
to mark
>>>> the knuckle.
>>>> 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You =
are
>>>> Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is =
rolling
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: =
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/e40500fb/at=
tachment-0001.html>

Message: 14

I have used Pete Groh several times. Not inexpensive but genuine Wilmot =
Breeder keys.

Rob

> On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:08 AM, healeymanjim <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>=20
> i had to order blanks from moss and then take them to locksmith for =
cutting. no locksmith here in my area carries them=20

Subject: Digest Footer

  _____ =20

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7859 / Virus Database: 4664/13266 - Release Date: =
10/24/16

------=_NextPart_000_0175_01D22FDB.E9A31C90
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>&quot;Mrs. Peel&quot; the talented amateur and =
sidekick of John Steed, or &quot;Mrs. Peel&quot; the 1960 BT-7 Sometimes =
Coupe?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 =
Registry</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC&nbsp; </span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#00206=
0'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>David Maxwell<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, October 26, 2016 6:35 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] A =
Ping in time on the List:<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>O=
K <o:p></o:p></span></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>R=
E: the list; let me toss out this &quot;ping&quot; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>I=
've been on list for years, starting in the .... mid 1990's =
???<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>H=
aven't been active lately. Here's the =
Ping<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>A=
nybody remember &quot;Mrs. Peel&quot; =
?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>A=
nybody ?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>C=
heers,<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>D=
avid Maxwell &amp; &nbsp;Mrs. Peel the 1960 BT-7 Sometimes =
Coupe'<br><br><o:p></o:p></span></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:blac=
k'>-----Original Message-----<br>From: healeys-request &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
.net</a>&gt;<br>To: healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Sent: Tue, Oct 25, 2016 4:16 pm<br>Subject: Healeys Digest, Vol 9, Issue =
293<br><br>Send Healeys mailing list submissions to<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>=
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>o=
r, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' =
to<br>healeys-<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>=
You can reach the person managing the list at<br>healeys-<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>When=
 replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific<br>than =
&quot;Re: Contents of Healeys digest...&quot;<br><br><br>Today's =
Topics:<br><br>1. Re: List quiet (<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>)<br=
>2. Re: List quiet (Bob Spidell)<br>3. tire pressures (Mike)<br>4. Re: =
List quiet (i erbs)<br>5. Knowledge (Fred Wescoe)<br>6. Re: LED dash =
lights (<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>)<br=
>7. Re: tire pressure (Len and/or Marge Hartnett)<br>8. Re: List quiet =
(Perry)<br>9. Re: bj8 (David Cooperman)<br>10. Re: tire pressure =
(Oudesluys)<br>11. Re: List quiet (Paul Leeks)<br>12. Re: tire pressure =
(Michael Oritt)<br>13. Re: tire pressure (i erbs)<br>14. Re: bj8 (ROBERT =
A =
WESTCOTT)<br><br><br>----------------------------------------------------=
------------------<br><br>Message: 1<br>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 20:14:42 =
+0200 (MEST)<br>From: &quot;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&quo=
t; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
<br>To: Reinhart Rosner &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;, =
&quot;Healeys, Forum&quot;<br>&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet<br>Message-ID:<br>&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:1477332882461.89540.910ee12d00ca3a0a81af6f2c92a90cc1517aba=
[email-masked]">1477332882461.89540.910ee12d00ca3a0a81af6f2c92a90cc1=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><br>Content-Type: text/plain; =
charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>Reinhard,<br>Perhaps I need to work =
on me to be more patient. As a European I am only <br>guest and should =
keep me in the background.<br><br>For me its not those (new) members =
asking questions in need of helpful <br>answers who wear me out. To help =
those is the meaning of this list and I am <br>in first row to help when =
help is needed no matter how qualified or not the <br>question is. All =
of us started with no or very little knowledge.<br>What is really =
wearing are some answers of people always need to tell their <br>two =
cents even they have no idea of the problem. it looks like they count =
<br>their own value by the number of postings they do.<br><br>Sorry, but =
I know I am wrong and the list is better than ever, but for me <br>its =
no more the list I liked so much.<br>Thanks to all of those who try to =
keep the level high, but there are only a <br>few left of the ones whose =
input I enjoyed.<br><br>Josef =
Eckert<br>54BN1<br>62BT7<br>65Sprite<br><br><br><br><br><br>-----Original=
-Nachricht-----<br>Betreff: AW: [Healeys] List quiet<br>Datum: =
2016-10-24T12:37:04+0200<br>Von: &quot;Reinhart Rosner&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
An: &quot;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&quo=
t; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
, &quot;'Healeys, <br>Forum'&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
<br><br><br><br>Josef,<br><br><br><br>Of course you are right. Many very =
experienced listers have left the list <br>(the loss of Rich Chrysler =
was mentioned already) or went more and more <br>quiet (Garry Anderson, =
Roger Moment, Josef Eckert ;-) , ?).<br><br><br><br>As far as I can look =
back I am on the list since 2000. In the beginning <br>only reading =
messages and sometimes asking questions. Lately even posting <br>some of =
my little knowledge.<br><br><br><br>You as one of the more knowledgeable =
guys sure will no more get as much out <br>as years ago. But now you are =
one of the valuable sources of wisdom that <br>many would regret to =
lose. Especially knowledgeable about the <br>continental-European view =
and problems. So I only can ask you to stay and <br>share your =
wisdom.<br><br><br><br>Kind =
regards<br><br><br><br>Reinhart<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Reinhart =
Rosner<br><br>55 AH 100 BN1<br><br>Vienna - =
Austria<br><br><br><br><br><br>Von: Healeys [<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]?">mailto:healeys-bounces@au=
tox.team.net</a>] Im Auftrag von <br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>=
Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 09:37<br>An: Healeys, =
Forum<br>Betreff: [Healeys] List quiet<br><br><br><br>I suspect many =
listers left the list, as the quality of this information <br>source =
went so much down over the past months and years.<br>This list was a =
phantastic pool of wisdom about 10 years ago, but nowadays <br>most =
comming through is very low level to my mind.<br>Sorry, I am also very =
close to say good bye as its more wearing what I read <br>than =
refreshing.<br>Just my opinion, but also the one of several Healey =
experts I know and who <br>already left or just staying quiet and are no =
more active.<br><br>Josef =
Eckert<br>Konigswinter/Germany<br><br><br><br>?<br>-------------- next =
part --------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/c5c7=
5aec/attachment-0001.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/201=
61024/c5c75aec/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>----------------------=
--------<br><br>Message: 2<br>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 19:45:34 +0000 =
(UTC)<br>From: Bob Spidell &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Cc: =
healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet<br>Message-ID:<br>&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:1191541827.27850574.1477338334672.JavaMail.zimbra@comcast.=
net">[email-masked]</a>&gt=
;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; =
charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>Happened to come across this quote =
today: <br><br>&quot; No man who continues to add something to the =
material, intellectual and moral well-being of the place in which he =
lives is long left without proper reward.&quot; <br><br>Booker T. =
Washington <br><br>----- Original Message -----<br><br>From: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> <br>To: &quot;J. =
Scott Morris&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;, =
&quot;healeys&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
<br>Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:12:36 AM <br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] =
List quiet <br><br>Hear, Hear. <br>Carl Rubino <br>1957 BN-4 Longbridge =
<br>From: J. Scott Morris <br>Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2016 7:24 PM =
<br>To: Healeys List <br>Subject: [Healeys] List quiet <br>I first =
registered on the Healey List sometime in late 1998. Over the years =
there has been a number of quiet periods. Sometimes it has been =
technical with the internet at large [During week of Oct 16, 2016 a =
major part of the internet was actually hacked ] or problems with our =
host. At other times some knowledgeable people [ I miss Rich Chrysler] =
have either passed on or moved on to other interests. Then of course =
there is the fact of competing forms of communications. <br><br>In the =
main, I have really enjoyed the Healey List and plan on remaining a =
member. It is amazing what you can find out and pass on to others. Of =
course there are always a few members that I simply must use the =
?delete? button on. But that exists in any group. <br>--Scott Morris =
-Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives <br><br>-------------- next part =
--------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/3083=
0b87/attachment-0001.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/201=
61024/30830b87/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>----------------------=
--------<br><br>Message: 3<br>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:13:52 =
-0700<br>From: Mike &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
To: Healey List &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: [Healeys] tire pressures<br>Message-ID: =
&lt;454a3c43-d3ff-2ac3-b023-<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;; =
Format=3D&quot;flowed&quot;<br><br>For what it's worth, here is a =
summary. (Hope this transmits)<br><br>I will try 30/30 and see how that =
works. Seems like good numbers to me, <br>too.<br><br><br>-- =
<br>Mike<br><br>MGTD (long gone)<br>BN1 (long gone)<br>BN2-100M (gone =
but in good hands)<br>BJ8<br>-------------- next part =
--------------<br>A non-text attachment was scrubbed...<br>Name: Tire =
Pressures.xls<br>Type: application/vnd.ms-excel<br>Size: 15360 =
bytes<br>Desc: not available<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/dc75=
43c4/attachment-0001.xls" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/201=
61024/dc7543c4/attachment-0001.xls</a>&gt;<br><br>-----------------------=
-------<br><br>Message: 4<br>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:19:31 =
-0700<br>From: i erbs &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
Reinhart Rosner &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Cc: &quot;Healeys, Forum&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet<br>Message-ID:<br>&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
mail.com">[email-masked].=
com</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; =
charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>agreed<br><br>Ira =
Erbs<br>Portland,OR<br>_______ _______<br>(______ \____1959 BN4____/ =
_______)<br>(_________________________)<br>BT7 engine and disk =
brakes<br>*Aerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.* ? *Enzo =
Ferrari*<br>Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled =
words<br><br>On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Reinhart Rosner &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
wrote:<br><br>&gt; Josef,<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Of course you =
are right. Many very experienced listers have left the list<br>&gt; (the =
loss of Rich Chrysler was mentioned already) or went more and =
more<br>&gt; quiet (Garry Anderson, Roger Moment, Josef Eckert ;-) , =
?).<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; As far as I can look back I am on =
the list since 2000. In the beginning<br>&gt; only reading messages and =
sometimes asking questions. Lately even posting<br>&gt; some of my =
little knowledge.<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; You as one of the more =
knowledgeable guys sure will no more get as much<br>&gt; out as years =
ago. But now you are one of the valuable sources of wisdom<br>&gt; that =
many would regret to lose. Especially knowledgeable about the<br>&gt; =
continental-European view and problems. So I only can ask you to stay =
and<br>&gt; share your wisdom.<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Kind =
regards<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
Reinhart<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
Reinhart Rosner<br>&gt;<br>&gt; 55 AH 100 BN1<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Vienna - =
Austria<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; *Von:* Healeys =
[<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]?">mailto:healeys-bounces@au=
tox.team.net</a>] *Im Auftrag von *<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>=
&gt; *Gesendet:* Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 09:37<br>&gt; *An:* Healeys, =
Forum<br>&gt; *Betreff:* [Healeys] List =
quiet<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; I suspect many listers left the =
list, as the quality of this information<br>&gt; source went so much =
down over the past months and years.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; This list was a =
phantastic pool of wisdom about 10 years ago, but nowadays<br>&gt; most =
comming through is very low level to my mind.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Sorry, I =
am also very close to say good bye as its more wearing what I<br>&gt; =
read than refreshing.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Just my opinion, but also the one =
of several Healey experts I know and who<br>&gt; already left or just =
staying quiet and are no more active.<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
Josef Eckert<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Konigswinter/Germany<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
?<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>&gt; Suggested =
annual donation $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&=
gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>&gt; =
options/healeys/<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;<br>&g=
t;<br>&gt;<br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML =
attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/d959=
65c7/attachment-0001.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/201=
61024/d95965c7/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>----------------------=
--------<br><br>Message: 5<br>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 17:01:09 =
-0400<br>From: Fred Wescoe &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: [Healeys] =
Knowledge<br>Message-ID:<br>&lt;CAPAC+V4ywd+Wd1tHSTy0jg+FSASCBT62ALiROFU-=
<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&g=
t;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>Once =
again I am impressed with the knowledge of the participants on =
this<br>list. I received many responses (including drawings and photos) =
to my<br>removal of the center console on my &quot;new&quot; 66 =
BJ8.<br><br>There were also many many responses to the question of =
missing keys and<br>what fits what as well as how to combine =
keys.<br><br>The willingness of the members to share information, =
experiences and<br>knowledge is gratifying when in need of information =
and input. The list<br>and it's members is invaluable.<br><br>Thanks =
again to all who responded with help.<br><br>Fred<br><br>66 BJ8<br>63 =
BJ7 deceased<br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML =
attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/7cab=
fe9a/attachment-0001.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/201=
61024/7cabfe9a/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>----------------------=
--------<br><br>Message: 6<br>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:43:55 +0000 =
(UTC)<br>From: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>=
To: i erbs &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Cc: =
Ahealey help &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED dash =
lights<br>Message-ID:<br>&lt;749F94B05E660FF2.d3f35532-c497-4f65-95f4-<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
om</a>&gt;<br><br>Content-Type: text/plain; =
charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br><br><br>Probably have to mail them to =
Ethiopia for the &quot;Free Replacement&quot; and don't forget to =
include? $20 for the return postage.?<br><br><br><br><br><br>On Mon, Oct =
24, 2016 at 6:25 PM -0400, &quot;i erbs&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>I have a very hard to =
reach hall way light. I put &quot;20 year&quot; LED bulbs in it last =
year. One burned out in two months.<br>Ira ErbsPortland,OR? ? ? _______ =
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?_______<br>? ?? (______ \____1959 =
BN4____/ _______)<br>? ? ? ?? (_________________________)? ? ? ? ? BT7 =
engine and disk brakesAerodynamics are for people who can?t build =
engines.???Enzo Ferrari<br>Please excuse random auto corrects and =
misspelled words<br><br>On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 1:47 AM, Oudesluys =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br><br><br><br><br><br>The lights are gone. Although it =
is<br>claimed that LED lights last practically for ever, my =
experience<br>is they most certainly do not!! <br><br>Not in the car nor =
in the house..<br><br><br><br>Kees Oudesluijs<br><br><br><br><br><br>Op =
24-10-2016 om 0:23 schreef Bruce =
Steele:<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>I bought a set of LED dash =
lights<br>from British Car Specialists last year and they worked =
great<br>until recently when I noticed they started to flicker.? =
This<br>has gotten worse until yesterday morning the speedo =
light<br>never came on and the tach was dark for a while =
before<br>beginning to flicker.? All 4 gauges are exhibiting the =
same<br>symptoms, but the generator light, high beam indicator =
and<br>trafficator indicator function normally.? All LED bulbs =
are<br>tight in their mountings; I can rule out =
intermittent<br>contact.? I?ve not swapped the incandescent bulbs back =
in<br>yet for a test, BTW.? Any thoughts on the cause?? =
<br><br><br>?<br><br><br>Bruce Steele<br><br><br>Brea, =
CA<br><br><br>1960 =
BN7<br><br><br>?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>_____________________________=
__________________<br>Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested =
annual donation $12.75<br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.=
nl" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudeslui=
[email-masked]</a><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>_________=
______________________________________<br><br>Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br><br>Suggested =
annual donation? $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br><br>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><br><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>=
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><=
br><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000=
@gmail.com</a><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>-----------=
--- next part --------------<br>An HTML attachment was =
scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161024/64d6=
4649/attachment-0001.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/201=
61024/64d64649/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>----------------------=
--------<br><br>Message: 7<br>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 15:55:27 =
-0700<br>From: &quot;Len and/or Marge Hartnett&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>=
&gt;<br>To: &quot;AH Mail List&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tire pressure<br>Message-ID: =
&lt;1172D75F944343A4B2A3315C215BA59C@LeonardPCPC&gt;<br>Content-Type: =
text/plain; format=3Dflowed; =
charset=3D&quot;iso-8859-1&quot;;<br>reply-type=3Doriginal<br><br><br>Lik=
ewise, you can use a tire depth gauge. This will take more time but over =
<br>time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure. Measure the =
depth <br>at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and the =
outer edge of <br>the tire. If checked every six or so months, even wear =
over the width of <br>the tread would indicate a pressure that is =
providing full tread contact <br>(9-9-9). If wear is greater at the =
edges, tire pressure is too low (7-9-7). <br>If wear is greater in the =
center, pressure it too high (9-7-9). If one edge <br>is wearing more =
than the other, wheel alignment could be a problem (7-9-9 or =
<br>9-9-7).<br><br>If you need an excuse to go out and drive the car =
hard periodically, the <br>chalk method will be your first and best =
choice. The depth gauge method <br>will make you check your tire =
pressure and wear close-up more often so I <br>recommend you do that, =
also.<br><br>While you are down there, check the date on the tires and =
the condition of <br>the sidewalls. If you are getting depth readings at =
or below the threes or <br>they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are =
overdue for new ones.<br><br>(The Other) Len<br>Fairfield, CA, =
USA<br>1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031<br><br><br>----- Original Message =
----- <br>From: &quot;Richard J. Hockert&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
&quot;Mike&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Cc: &quot;Healey List&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM<br>Subject: [Healeys] tire =
pressure<br><br><br>&gt; The correct tire pressure will vary widely from =
car to car, depending on <br>&gt; tire type and static weight =
distribution.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; The correct method for determining proper =
tire pressure is as follows:<br>&gt;<br>&gt; 1. Use a soft white chalk =
to mark several vertical stripes across the <br>&gt; tread and sidewall =
of each tire;<br>&gt; 2. Drive the car hard, including tight =
turns;<br>&gt; 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the =
knuckle where the <br>&gt; tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have =
small triangles or arrows to mark <br>&gt; the knuckle.<br>&gt; 4. If =
the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You are =
<br>&gt; not using all of the tire.<br>&gt; Chalk ends below knuckle, =
tire pressure is too low. The tire is rolling <br>&gt; over too =
much.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Best regards,<br>&gt; =
Jim<br>&gt;<br><br><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Message:=
 8<br>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:03:17 -0400<br>From: Perry &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Cc: =
Healey &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List quiet<br>Message-ID: =
&lt;62A4E4E6-CD24-4025-B963-<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Cont=
ent-Type: text/plain; charset=3Dus-ascii<br><br>In a couple weeks =
another anniversary will happen on my Austin Healey trip through life. =
It will be 51 years since I was allowed to buy my first car, a raggity =
but running BN2. Still sitting in my garage. <br>Sometimes it is not =
about the wisdom of a list that keeps it alive but the common love of an =
item and the life experiences shared. Two sons that have or have had an =
Austin Healey and enjoyed them. Lots or great relationships, both short =
and long, with folks that also enjoyed their cars over the years. Now =
days there are lots of ways to share or ask advise but the list is still =
a good way to do it. <br>Have a great day. Winter is on the way. =
<br>Aloha <br>Perry in Pennsylvania<br><br>Sent from my =
iPhone<br><br><br><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Message: =
9<br>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 09:16:04 +0530<br>From: David Cooperman =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
<br>To: healeymanjim &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&g=
t;<br>Cc: &quot;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&quot; =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] bj8<br>Message-ID: &lt;8257A3A9-D45B-4E91-9828-<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
one of the correct blanks at an old fashioned locksmith shop near my =
house. The other blank he was able to quickly order. <br><br>A typical =
hardware store/big box store will not have anything even close. =
<br><br>Sent from my iPhone<br><br>&gt; On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:38 PM, =
healeymanjim &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&g=
t; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; i had to order blanks from moss and then take =
them to locksmith for cutting. no locksmith here in my area carries the =
<br>&gt; blank for our cars.<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>&gt; Suggested =
annual donation $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt; <br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&=
gt; <br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/davidcooperman@yaho=
o.com" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/davidcoop=
[email-masked]</a><br>&gt; =
<br><br><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Message: =
10<br>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:57:20 +0200<br>From: Oudesluys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To=
: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Subj=
ect: Re: [Healeys] tire pressure<br>Message-ID: =
&lt;7e289ed3-00c6-b6af-0d8e-<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
format=3Dflowed<br><br>This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on =
normal radial tires it <br>only works when pressures are really way =
out.<br>It will however work for discovering front wheel misalignment =
for both <br>types of tire.<br>Kees Oudesluijs<br><br>Op 25-10-2016 om =
0:55 schreef Len and/or Marge Hartnett:<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Likewise, you =
can use a tire depth gauge. This will take more time <br>&gt; but over =
time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure. <br>&gt; Measure =
the depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the <br>&gt; =
tire, and the outer edge of the tire. If checked every six or so =
<br>&gt; months, even wear over the width of the tread would indicate a =
<br>&gt; pressure that is providing full tread contact (9-9-9). If wear =
is <br>&gt; greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low (7-9-7). If =
wear is <br>&gt; greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9). If =
one edge is <br>&gt; wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could =
be a problem (7-9-9 <br>&gt; or 9-9-7).<br>&gt;<br>&gt; If you need an =
excuse to go out and drive the car hard periodically, <br>&gt; the chalk =
method will be your first and best choice. The depth gauge <br>&gt; =
method will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more =
<br>&gt; often so I recommend you do that, also.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; While =
you are down there, check the date on the tires and the <br>&gt; =
condition of the sidewalls. If you are getting depth readings at or =
<br>&gt; below the threes or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are =
overdue <br>&gt; for new ones.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; (The Other) Len<br>&gt; =
Fairfield, CA, USA<br>&gt; 1967 AH 3000 MkIII, =
HBJ8L39031<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; ----- Original Message ----- From: =
&quot;Richard J. Hockert&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>&gt; To: =
&quot;Mike&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
&gt; Cc: &quot;Healey List&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
&gt; Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM<br>&gt; Subject: [Healeys] =
tire pressure<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; The correct tire pressure will =
vary widely from car to car, depending <br>&gt;&gt; on tire type and =
static weight distribution.<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; The correct method =
for determining proper tire pressure is as =
follows:<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark =
several vertical stripes across the <br>&gt;&gt; tread and sidewall of =
each tire;<br>&gt;&gt; 2. Drive the car hard, including tight =
turns;<br>&gt;&gt; 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should end at the =
knuckle where <br>&gt;&gt; the tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have =
small triangles or <br>&gt;&gt; arrows to mark the knuckle.<br>&gt;&gt; =
4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You =
<br>&gt;&gt; are not using all of the tire.<br>&gt;&gt; Chalk ends below =
knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is <br>&gt;&gt; rolling over =
too much.<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; Best regards,<br>&gt;&gt; =
Jim<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>&gt; Suggested =
annual donation $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&=
gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.=
nl" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudeslui=
[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br><br><br><br>-----------------=
-------------<br><br>Message: 11<br>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:12:38 =
+0100<br>From: Paul Leeks &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
&quot;&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;&quo=
t; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] List =
quiet<br>Message-ID:<br>&lt;CAKv9UdSEryH3peT7Tui--oLthH+MdptNj84mNSg4vj=3D=
<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
been on the list for many years and, although I rarely<br>contribute, I =
find the most of the topics interesting and some of them<br>absolutely =
invaluable in saving me time, money and heartache (which reminds<br>me =
to stump up my annual 'subs'!).<br><br>Long may it continue.<br><br>Paul =
Leeks<br>Lancashire<br>100/6 BN4<br><br>-- <br>EMAIL DISCLAIMER<br>Any =
opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not =
<br>necessarily those of Glasgows.It is intended only for the person(s) =
to <br>whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or =
confidential <br>information. Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, =
distribution or use <br>of this message to any other person may =
constitute a breach of civil or <br>criminal law. Please notify the =
sender immediately if you have received <br>this email by mistake and =
delete it from your system. Glasgows is a trading <br>style of R Glasgow =
&amp; Associates Public Relations Limited. Registered in <br>England =
&amp; Wales No. 2257022.<br><br>-- <br><br><br><br>EMAIL =
DISCLAIMER<br>Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the =
individual and not <br>necessarily those of Glasgows. It is intended =
only for the person(s) to <br>whom it is addressed and may contain =
privileged and/or confidential <br>information. Accordingly, the =
copying, dissemination, distribution or use <br>of this message to any =
other person may constitute a breach of civil or <br>criminal law. =
Please notify the sender immediately if you have received <br>this email =
by mistake and delete it from your system. Glasgows Limited is =
<br>registered in England &amp; Wales No. 2257022.<br>-------------- =
next part --------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/669e=
ad4d/attachment-0001.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/201=
61025/669ead4d/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>----------------------=
--------<br><br>Message: 12<br>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 08:57:47 =
-0400<br>From: Michael Oritt &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<b=
r>To: Oudesluys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Cc=
: Austin Healey &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tire =
pressure<br>Message-ID:<br>&lt;CAPTa0B61tJPGy=3D<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">vCJNM=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Content-Type: =
text/plain; charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>While measuring tire wear =
may give historically accurate information we<br>really want to get it =
right before the tire wears unevenly.<br><br>Consider doing what is =
recommended at:<br><br><a =
href=3D"http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comunidad/fluke-news-plus/article=
categories/automotive/racetracktemp" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comunidad/fluke-news-pl=
us/articlecategories/automotive/racetracktemp</a><br><br>Admittedly much =
of what the site touts is not relevant to street driving<br>but you can =
get the information you need to adjust tire pressures in real<br>time. =
And while a contact probe may be most accurate I use an =
infrared<br>pyrometer to tell me whether tire temps are increasing too =
much or not<br>enough, etc. etc.<br><br>Best--Michael Oritt<br><br>On =
Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Oudesluys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br><br>&gt; This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on =
normal radial tires it<br>&gt; only works when pressures are really way =
out.<br>&gt; It will however work for discovering front wheel =
misalignment for both<br>&gt; types of tire.<br>&gt; Kees =
Oudesluijs<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Op 25-10-2016 om 0:55 schreef Len and/or =
Marge Hartnett:<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; Likewise, you can use a =
tire depth gauge. This will take more time but<br>&gt;&gt; over time it =
can indicate problems other than tire pressure. Measure the<br>&gt;&gt; =
depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and the =
outer<br>&gt;&gt; edge of the tire. If checked every six or so months, =
even wear over the<br>&gt;&gt; width of the tread would indicate a =
pressure that is providing full tread<br>&gt;&gt; contact (9-9-9). If =
wear is greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low<br>&gt;&gt; =
(7-9-7). If wear is greater in the center, pressure it too high =
(9-7-9).<br>&gt;&gt; If one edge is wearing more than the other, wheel =
alignment could be a<br>&gt;&gt; problem (7-9-9 or =
9-9-7).<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; If you need an excuse to go out and =
drive the car hard periodically, the<br>&gt;&gt; chalk method will be =
your first and best choice. The depth gauge method<br>&gt;&gt; will make =
you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more often so =
I<br>&gt;&gt; recommend you do that, also.<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; While =
you are down there, check the date on the tires and the =
condition<br>&gt;&gt; of the sidewalls. If you are getting depth =
readings at or below the threes<br>&gt;&gt; or they are over 7 - 10 =
years old, you are overdue for new ones.<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; (The =
Other) Len<br>&gt;&gt; Fairfield, CA, USA<br>&gt;&gt; 1967 AH 3000 =
MkIII, HBJ8L39031<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; ----- Original =
Message ----- From: &quot;Richard J. Hockert&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; To: =
&quot;Mike&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
&gt;&gt; Cc: &quot;Healey List&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
&gt;&gt; Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM<br>&gt;&gt; Subject: =
[Healeys] tire pressure<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; The correct =
tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending =
on<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; tire type and static weight =
distribution.<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; The correct method for =
determining proper tire pressure is as =
follows:<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; 1. Use a soft white chalk to =
mark several vertical stripes across the<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; tread and =
sidewall of each tire;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; 2. Drive the car hard, including =
tight turns;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should =
end at the knuckle where the<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; tread and sidewall meet. =
Some tires have small triangles or arrows to mark<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; the =
knuckle.<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the =
pressure is too high. You are<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; not using all of the =
tire.<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too =
low. The tire is rolling<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; over too =
much.<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Best regards,<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
Jim<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt;&gt; Support =
Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>&gt;&gt; =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&gt;&gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; =
<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
&gt; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&=
gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>&gt;&gt; =
options/healeys/<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;&g=
t;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>&gt; Suggested =
annual donation $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&=
gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>&gt; =
options/healeys/<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&g=
t;<br>&gt;<br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML =
attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/829e=
342c/attachment-0001.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/201=
61025/829e342c/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>----------------------=
--------<br><br>Message: 13<br>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 08:19:55 =
-0700<br>From: i erbs &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
Michael Oritt &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<b=
r>Cc: Austin Healey &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tire =
pressure<br>Message-ID:<br>&lt;CABXhz8_y6NV2O-ZVd0-=3D+h5uKyEEc3duaLEGcL1=
Zmigomd=3D<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>Content-=
Type: text/plain; charset=3D&quot;utf-8&quot;<br><br>I wish I drove my =
car enough to matter. I am more concerned about the age<br>of the tires =
and sidewall failure than uneven tire wear :)<br>That said , my car is a =
bit bumpy since I put the new tires on it. I think<br>the shop over =
inflated them. I need to check on them.<br>Cheers<br><br>Ira =
Erbs<br>Portland,OR<br>_______ _______<br>(______ \____1959 BN4____/ =
_______)<br>(_________________________)<br>BT7 engine and disk =
brakes<br>*Aerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.* ? *Enzo =
Ferrari*<br>Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled =
words<br><br>On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Michael Oritt &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<b=
r>wrote:<br><br>&gt; While measuring tire wear may give historically =
accurate information we<br>&gt; really want to get it right before the =
tire wears unevenly.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Consider doing what is recommended =
at:<br>&gt;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comunidad/fluke-news-" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uses/comunidad/fluke-news-</=
a><br>&gt; =
plus/articlecategories/automotive/racetracktemp<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
Admittedly much of what the site touts is not relevant to street =
driving<br>&gt; but you can get the information you need to adjust tire =
pressures in real<br>&gt; time. And while a contact probe may be most =
accurate I use an infrared<br>&gt; pyrometer to tell me whether tire =
temps are increasing too much or not<br>&gt; enough, etc. =
etc.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Best--Michael Oritt<br>&gt;<br>&gt; On Tue, Oct 25, =
2016 at 5:57 AM, Oudesluys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, =
but on normal radial tires it<br>&gt;&gt; only works when pressures are =
really way out.<br>&gt;&gt; It will however work for discovering front =
wheel misalignment for both<br>&gt;&gt; types of tire.<br>&gt;&gt; Kees =
Oudesluijs<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; Op 25-10-2016 om 0:55 schreef Len =
and/or Marge Hartnett:<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge. This will take more time =
but<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; over time it can indicate problems other than tire =
pressure. Measure the<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; depth at the inner edge of the =
tire, the center of the tire, and the outer<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; edge of the =
tire. If checked every six or so months, even wear over =
the<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; width of the tread would indicate a pressure that is =
providing full tread<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; contact (9-9-9). If wear is greater =
at the edges, tire pressure is too low<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; (7-9-7). If wear =
is greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9).<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
If one edge is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be =
a<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; problem (7-9-9 or =
9-9-7).<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; If you need an excuse to go out =
and drive the car hard periodically,<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; the chalk method =
will be your first and best choice. The depth gauge<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
method will make you check your tire pressure and wear close-up more =
often<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; so I recommend you do that, =
also.<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; While you are down there, check =
the date on the tires and the condition<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; of the =
sidewalls. If you are getting depth readings at or below the =
threes<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are =
overdue for new ones.<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; (The Other) =
Len<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Fairfield, CA, USA<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; 1967 AH 3000 =
MkIII, HBJ8L39031<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; ----- =
Original Message ----- From: &quot;Richard J. Hockert&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; To: =
&quot;Mike&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
&gt;&gt;&gt; Cc: &quot;Healey List&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
&gt;&gt;&gt; Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
Subject: [Healeys] tire =
pressure<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; The correct =
tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, depending =
on<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; tire type and static weight =
distribution.<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The correct method =
for determining proper tire pressure is as =
follows:<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 1. Use a soft white =
chalk to mark several vertical stripes across the<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; =
tread and sidewall of each tire;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 2. Drive the car =
hard, including tight turns;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 3. Check the chalk =
marks. The marks should end at the knuckle where the<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; =
tread and sidewall meet. Some tires have small triangles or arrows to =
mark<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; the knuckle.<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 4. If the =
chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. You =
are<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; not using all of the tire.<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; =
Chalk ends below knuckle, tire pressure is too low. The tire is =
rolling<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; over too =
much.<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Best =
regards,<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; =
Jim<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Support =
Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&=
gt;&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&=
gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>&gt;&gt;&gt; =
options/healeys/<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;&g=
t;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt;&gt; Support =
Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>&gt;&gt; =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&gt;&gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; =
<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
&gt; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&=
gt;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>&gt;&gt; =
options/healeys/<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&g=
t;&gt;<br>&gt;&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; =
_______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net =
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>&gt; Suggested =
annual donation $12.75<br>&gt; Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>&gt; Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;=
 <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&=
gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/</a><br>&gt; =
options/healeys/<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;<br>&g=
t;<br>&gt;<br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML =
attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20161025/e405=
00fb/attachment-0001.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/201=
61025/e40500fb/attachment-0001.html</a>&gt;<br><br>----------------------=
--------<br><br>Message: 14<br>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 09:19:07 =
-0700<br>From: ROBERT A WESTCOTT &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: =
healeymanjim &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&g=
t;<br>Cc: &quot;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&quot; =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>=
Subject: Re: [Healeys] bj8<br>Message-ID: &lt;1109D252-DEB9-4E67-8608-<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3Dus-ascii<br><br>I have used Pete =
Groh several times. Not inexpensive but genuine Wilmot Breeder =
keys.<br><br>BritishCarKeys.com (410) 750-2352<br><br>He can also cut =
keys on American key blanks ( great for a backup set ) .<br><br>Always =
have been a pleasure to work with him.<br><br>Rob<br><br><br>&gt; On Oct =
24, 2016, at 10:08 AM, healeymanjim &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&g=
t; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; i had to order blanks from moss and then take =
them to locksmith for cutting. no locksmith here in my area carries them =
<br><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Subject: Digest =
Footer<br><br>_______________________________________________<br>Healeys =
mailing list<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><=
br><br>------------------------------<br><br>End of Healeys Digest, Vol =
9, Issue =
293<br>***************************************<o:p></o:p></span></p></div=
></div></div><div class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'text-align:center'><hr size=3D1 width=3D"100%" noshade =
style=3D'color:#A0A0A0' align=3Dcenter></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>No virus =
found in this message.<br>Checked by AVG - <a =
href=3D"http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>Version: 2016.0.7859 / =
Virus Database: 4664/13266 - Release Date: =
10/24/16<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0175_01D22FDB.E9A31C90--

--===============0866490379402769007==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0866490379402769007==--

---

From: "Mirek Sharp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 00:35:33 -0400

I think she was a "Miss", which of course allowed us to be ever hopeful.

Cheers, Mirek

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob
Haskell
Sent: October-26-16 9:34 PM
To: David Maxwell; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] A Ping in time on the List:

Mrs. Emma Peel was the female character played by Diana Rigg in The Avengers
TV series.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar

On 10/26/2016 06:35 PM, David Maxwell wrote:
> Send Healeys mailing list submissions to [email-masked] 
>
> 1. Re: List quiet ([email-masked]) 2. Re: List quiet (Bob 
> Spidell) 3. tire pressures (Mike) 4. Re: List quiet (i erbs) 5. 
> Knowledge (Fred Wescoe) 6. Re: LED dash lights 
> ([email-masked]
> 7. Re: tire pressure (Len and/or Marge Hartnett) 8. Re: List quiet 
> (Perry) 9. Re: bj8 (David Cooperman) 10. Re: tire pressure (Oudesluys) 
> 11. Re: List quiet (Paul Leeks) 12. Re: tire pressure (Michael Oritt) 
> 13. Re: tire pressure (i erbs) 14. Re: bj8 (ROBERT A WESTCOTT)
>
>
> pica.telekom.de>>
> Perhaps I need to work on me to be more patient. As a European I am 
> only guest and should keep me in the background.
>
> answers who wear me out. To help those is the meaning of this list and 
> I am in first row to help when help is needed no matter how qualified 
> or not the question is. All of us started with no or very little
knowledge.
> What is really wearing are some answers of people always need to tell 
> their two cents even they have no idea of the problem. it looks like 
> they count their own value by the number of postings they do.
>
> Sorry, but I know I am wrong and the list is better than ever, but for 
> me its no more the list I liked so much.
> Thanks to all of those who try to keep the level high, but there are 
> only a few left of the ones whose input I enjoyed.
>
> Josef Eckert
> 54BN1
> 62BT7
> 65Sprite
>
>
>
>
>
> Of course you are right. Many very experienced listers have left the 
> list (the loss of Rich Chrysler was mentioned already) or went more 
> and more quiet (Garry Anderson, Roger Moment, Josef Eckert ;-) , ?).
>
>
>
> As far as I can look back I am on the list since 2000. In the 
> beginning only reading messages and sometimes asking questions. Lately 
> even posting some of my little knowledge.
>
>
>
> You as one of the more knowledgeable guys sure will no more get as 
> much out as years ago. But now you are one of the valuable sources of 
> wisdom that many would regret to lose. Especially knowledgeable about 
> the continental-European view and problems. So I only can ask you to 
> stay and share your wisdom.
>
>
>
> Kind regards
>
>
>
> Reinhart
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Reinhart Rosner
>
> 55 AH 100 BN1
>
> Vienna - Austria
>
>
>
>
>
> I suspect many listers left the list, as the quality of this 
> information source went so much down over the past months and years.
> This list was a phantastic pool of wisdom about 10 years ago, but 
> nowadays most comming through is very low level to my mind.
> Just my opinion, but also the one of several Healey experts I know and 
> who already left or just staying quiet and are no more active.
>
> Josef Eckert
> Konigswinter/Germany
>
>
>
> ?
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> and moral well-being of the place in which he lives is long left 
> without proper reward."
>
> Booker T. Washington
>
> In the main, I have really enjoyed the Healey List and plan on 
> remaining a member. It is amazing what you can find out and pass on to 
> others. Of course there are always a few members that I simply must 
> use the ?delete? button on. But that exists in any group.
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> To: Healey List <[email-masked] 
> I will try 30/30 and see how that works. Seems like good numbers to 
> me, too.
>
>
> --
> Mike
>
> MGTD (long gone)
> BN1 (long gone)
> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> Name: Tire Pressures.xls
> .com>>
> *Aerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.* ? *Enzo 
> Ferrari* Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words
>
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Reinhart Rosner 
> wrote:
>
>  > Josef,
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Of course you are right. Many very experienced listers have left 
> the list  > (the loss of Rich Chrysler was mentioned already) or went 
> more and more  > quiet (Garry Anderson, Roger Moment, Josef Eckert ;-) ,
?).
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > As far as I can look back I am on the list since 2000. In the 
> beginning  > only reading messages and sometimes asking questions. 
> Lately even posting  > some of my little knowledge.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > You as one of the more knowledgeable guys sure will no more get as 
> much  > out as years ago. But now you are one of the valuable sources 
> of wisdom  > that many would regret to lose. Especially knowledgeable 
> about the  > continental-European view and problems. So I only can ask 
> you to stay and  > share your wisdom.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Kind regards
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Reinhart
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Reinhart Rosner
>  >
>  > 55 AH 100 BN1
>  >
>  > Vienna - Austria
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
> [email-masked]  > *Gesendet:* Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2016 
> 09:37  > *An:* Healeys, Forum  > *Betreff:* [Healeys] List quiet  >  >  
> >  > I suspect many listers left the list, as the quality of this 
> information  > source went so much down over the past months and 
> years.
>  >
>  > This list was a phantastic pool of wisdom about 10 years ago, but 
> nowadays  > most comming through is very low level to my mind.
>  >
>  > Sorry, I am also very close to say good bye as its more wearing 
> what I  > read than refreshing.
>  >
>  > Just my opinion, but also the one of several Healey experts I know 
> and who  > already left or just staying quiet and are no more active.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Josef Eckert
>  >
>  > Konigswinter/Germany
>  >
>  > ?
>  >
>  > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html  > Suggested 
> annual donation $12.75  > Archive: http://www.team.net/archive  > 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums  >  > [email-masked] 
>  > Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/  > 
> >
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> Once again I am impressed with the knowledge of the participants on 
> this list. I received many responses (including drawings and photos) 
> to my removal of the center console on my "new" 66 BJ8.
>
> There were also many many responses to the question of missing keys 
> and what fits what as well as how to combine keys.
>
> knowledge is gratifying when in need of information and input. The 
> list and it's members is invaluable.
>
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> Cc: Ahealey help <[email-masked] 
> <[email-masked]
>
> I have a very hard to reach hall way light. I put "20 year" LED bulbs 
> in it last year. One burned out in two months.
> Ira ErbsPortland,OR? ? ? _______ ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 
> ?_______ ? ?? (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______) ? ? ? ?? 
> (_________________________)? ? ? ? ? BT7 engine and disk 
> brakesAerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.???Enzo 
> Ferrari Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words
>
> claimed that LED lights last practically for ever, my experience is 
> they most certainly do not!!
>
> from British Car Specialists last year and they worked great until 
> recently when I noticed they started to flicker.? This has gotten 
> worse until yesterday morning the speedo light never came on and the 
> tach was dark for a while before beginning to flicker.? All 4 gauges 
> are exhibiting the same symptoms, but the generator light, high beam 
> indicator and trafficator indicator function normally.? All LED bulbs 
> are tight in their mountings; I can rule out intermittent contact.? 
> I?ve not swapped the incandescent bulbs back in yet for a test, BTW.? 
> Any thoughts on the cause??
>
>
> ?
>
>
> Bruce Steele
>
>
> Brea, CA
>
>
> 1960 BN7
>
>
> ?
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual 
> donation $12.75
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> To: "AH Mail List" <[email-masked] 
> over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure. Measure 
> the depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and 
> the outer edge of the tire. If checked every six or so months, even 
> wear over the width of the tread would indicate a pressure that is 
> providing full tread contact (9-9-9). If wear is greater at the edges, 
> tire pressure is too low (7-9-7).
> If wear is greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9). If one 
> edge is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could be a 
> problem
> (7-9-9 or
> 9-9-7).
>
> below the threes or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue for
new ones.
>  > The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car to car, 
> depending on  > tire type and static weight distribution.
>  >
>  > 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across 
> the  > tread and sidewall of each tire;  > 2. Drive the car hard, 
> including tight turns;  > 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should 
> end at the knuckle where the  > tread and sidewall meet. Some tires 
> have small triangles or arrows to mark  > the knuckle.
> are  > not using all of the tire.
> rolling  > over too much.
>  > On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:38 PM, healeymanjim 
>  >
> cutting. no locksmith here in my area carries the  > blank for our 
> cars.
>  > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html  > Suggested 
> annual donation $12.75  > Archive: http://www.team.net/archive  > 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums  >  > [email-masked] 
> This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial tires 
> it only works when pressures are really way out.
> > tire, and the outer edge of the tire. If checked every six or so  > 
> months, even wear over the width of the tread would indicate a  > 
> pressure that is providing full tread contact (9-9-9). If wear is  > 
> greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low (7-9-7). If wear is  > 
> greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9). If one edge is  > 
>  > If you need an excuse to go out and drive the car hard 
> periodically,  > the chalk method will be your first and best choice. 
> The depth gauge  > method will make you check your tire pressure and 
> wear close-up more  > often so I recommend you do that, also.
>  >
>  > While you are down there, check the date on the tires and the  > 
> condition of the sidewalls. If you are getting depth readings at or  > 
> below the threes or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are overdue  > 
> for new ones.
>  >
>  > (The Other) Len
>  > Fairfield, CA, USA
> > Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM  > Subject: [Healeys] tire 
> pressure  >  >  >> The correct tire pressure will vary widely from car 
> to car, depending  >> on tire type and static weight distribution.
>  >>
>  >> 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across 
> the  >> tread and sidewall of each tire;  >> 2. Drive the car hard, 
> including tight turns;  >> 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should 
> end at the knuckle where  >> the tread and sidewall meet. Some tires 
> have small triangles or  >> arrows to mark the knuckle.
>  >> 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. 
> You  >> are not using all of the tire.
>  > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html  > Suggested 
> annual donation $12.75  > Archive: http://www.team.net/archive  > 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums  >  > [email-masked] 
> absolutely invaluable in saving me time, money and heartache (which 
> reminds me to stump up my annual 'subs'!).
>
> Long may it continue.
>
> Paul Leeks
> Lancashire
> 100/6 BN4
>
> --
> EMAIL DISCLAIMER
> Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and 
> not necessarily those of Glasgows.It is intended only for the 
> person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or 
> confidential information. Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, 
> distribution or use of this message to any other person may constitute 
> a breach of civil or criminal law. Please notify the sender 
> immediately if you have received this email by mistake and delete it 
> from your system. Glasgows is a trading style of R Glasgow & 
> Associates Public Relations Limited. Registered in England & Wales No.
2257022.
>
> --
>
>
>
> EMAIL DISCLAIMER
> Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and 
> not necessarily those of Glasgows. It is intended only for the 
> person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or 
> confidential information. Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, 
> distribution or use of this message to any other person may constitute 
> a breach of civil or criminal law. Please notify the sender 
> immediately if you have received this email by mistake and delete it 
> from your system. Glasgows Limited is registered in England & Wales No.
2257022.
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> Cc: Austin Healey <[email-masked] 
> While measuring tire wear may give historically accurate information 
> we really want to get it right before the tire wears unevenly.
>
> Admittedly much of what the site touts is not relevant to street 
> driving but you can get the information you need to adjust tire 
> pressures in real time. And while a contact probe may be most accurate 
> I use an infrared pyrometer to tell me whether tire temps are 
> increasing too much or not enough, etc. etc.
>
> Best--Michael Oritt
>
>  > This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial 
> tires it  > only works when pressures are really way out.
>  > It will however work for discovering front wheel misalignment for 
> both  > types of tire.
>  > Kees Oudesluijs
>  >
> but  >> over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure. 
> Measure the  >> depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the 
> tire, and the outer  >> edge of the tire. If checked every six or so 
> months, even wear over the  >> width of the tread would indicate a 
> pressure that is providing full tread  >> contact (9-9-9). If wear is 
> greater at the edges, tire pressure is too low  >> (7-9-7). If wear is 
> greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9).
>  >> If one edge is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could 
> be a  >> problem (7-9-9 or 9-9-7).
>  >>
>  >> If you need an excuse to go out and drive the car hard 
> periodically, the  >> chalk method will be your first and best choice. 
> The depth gauge method  >> will make you check your tire pressure and 
> wear close-up more often so I  >> recommend you do that, also.
>  >>
> condition  >> of the sidewalls. If you are getting depth readings at 
> or below the threes  >> or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are 
> overdue for new ones.
>  >>
>  >> (The Other) Len
>  >> Fairfield, CA, USA
> >> Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM  >> Subject: [Healeys] tire 
> pressure  >>  >>  >> The correct tire pressure will vary widely from 
> car to car, depending on  >>> tire type and static weight 
> distribution.
>  >>>
>  >>> 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes across 
> the  >>> tread and sidewall of each tire;  >>> 2. Drive the car hard, 
> including tight turns;  >>> 3. Check the chalk marks. The marks should 
> end at the knuckle where the  >>> tread and sidewall meet. Some tires 
> have small triangles or arrows to mark  >>> the knuckle.
>  >>> 4. If the chalk remains on the tread, the pressure is too high. 
> You are  >>> not using all of the tire.
> rolling  >>> over too much.
>  >>>
>  >>> Best regards,
>  >>> Jim
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html  >> Suggested 
> annual donation $12.75  >> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive  >> 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums  >>  >> [email-masked] 
>  >> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/  >> 
>  > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html  > Suggested 
> annual donation $12.75  > Archive: http://www.team.net/archive  > 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums  >  > [email-masked] 
>  > Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/  > 
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> To: Michael Oritt <[email-masked] 
> Cc: Austin Healey <[email-masked] 
> I wish I drove my car enough to matter. I am more concerned about the 
> age of the tires and sidewall failure than uneven tire wear :) That 
> said , my car is a bit bumpy since I put the new tires on it. I think 
> *Aerodynamics are for people who can?t build engines.* ? *Enzo 
> Ferrari* Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words
>
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Michael Oritt 
> wrote:
>
>  > While measuring tire wear may give historically accurate 
> information we  > really want to get it right before the tire wears
unevenly.
>  > Admittedly much of what the site touts is not relevant to street 
> driving  > but you can get the information you need to adjust tire 
> pressures in real  > time. And while a contact probe may be most 
> accurate I use an infrared  > pyrometer to tell me whether tire temps 
> are increasing too much or not  > enough, etc. etc.
>  >
>  > Best--Michael Oritt
>  >
>  >> This works fairly well on cross-ply tires, but on normal radial 
> tires it  >> only works when pressures are really way out.
>  >> It will however work for discovering front wheel misalignment for 
> both  >> types of tire.
>  >> Kees Oudesluijs
>  >>
>  >>> Likewise, you can use a tire depth gauge. This will take more 
> time but  >>> over time it can indicate problems other than tire pressure.
> Measure the
>  >>> depth at the inner edge of the tire, the center of the tire, and 
> the outer  >>> edge of the tire. If checked every six or so months, 
> even wear over the  >>> width of the tread would indicate a pressure 
> that is providing full tread  >>> contact (9-9-9). If wear is greater 
> at the edges, tire pressure is too low  >>> (7-9-7). If wear is 
> greater in the center, pressure it too high (9-7-9).
>  >>> If one edge is wearing more than the other, wheel alignment could 
> be a  >>> problem (7-9-9 or 9-9-7).
>  >>>
>  >>> If you need an excuse to go out and drive the car hard 
> periodically,  >>> the chalk method will be your first and best 
> choice. The depth gauge  >>> method will make you check your tire 
> pressure and wear close-up more often  >>> so I recommend you do that, 
> also.
>  >>>
> condition  >>> of the sidewalls. If you are getting depth readings at 
> or below the threes  >>> or they are over 7 - 10 years old, you are 
> overdue for new ones.
>  >>>
>  >>> (The Other) Len
>  >>> Fairfield, CA, USA
> >>> Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:04 AM  >>> Subject: [Healeys] 
> tire pressure  >>>  >>>  >>> The correct tire pressure will vary 
> widely from car to car, depending on  >>>> tire type and static weight 
> distribution.
>  >>>>
>  >>>> 1. Use a soft white chalk to mark several vertical stripes 
> across the  >>>> tread and sidewall of each tire;  >>>> 2. Drive the 
> car hard, including tight turns;  >>>> 3. Check the chalk marks. The 
> marks should end at the knuckle where the  >>>> tread and sidewall 
> meet. Some tires have small triangles or arrows to mark  >>>> the 
> knuckle.
> rolling  >>>> over too much.
>  >>>>
>  >>>> Best regards,
>  >>>> Jim
>  >>>>
>  >>>>
>  >>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html  >>> Suggested 
> annual donation $12.75  >>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive  >>> 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums  >>>  >>> [email-masked] 
>  >>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/  >>> 
>  >> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html  >> Suggested 
> annual donation $12.75  >> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive  >> 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums  >>  >> [email-masked] 
>  >> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/  >> 
>  > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html  > Suggested 
> annual donation $12.75  > Archive: http://www.team.net/archive  > 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums  >  > [email-masked] 
>  > Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/  > 
> >
> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
> scrubbed...
> URL:
> From: ROBERT A WESTCOTT <[email-masked] 
>  > On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:08 AM, healeymanjim 
>  >
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual 
> donation  $12.75
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 05:57:07 -0400

Mirek,

Hopeful is right. Not that everything on the internet is true, the 
article on Wikipedia 
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Avengers_%28TV_series%29#1965.E2.80.9368:_With_Emma_Peel_.28Diana_Rigg.29) 
states that her husband went missing while flying over the Amazon. So 
she was "Mrs.", but still available.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar

On 10/27/2016 12:35 AM, Mirek Sharp wrote:
>> You are
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation
> $12.75

[email-masked]