Subject: Re: [Healeys] Jack

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 12:11:24 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============7263257631556658775==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0031_01D18E6B.1BC75C30"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01D18E6B.1BC75C30
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

A BJ8 has the heaviest curb weight, which is about 2600 pounds.  The weight
distribution is 52% to the front.  So, the front end would have about 1,352
pounds and half of that for a corner would be 676 pounds.  The jack would
handle that easily.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC USA

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Simon
Lachlan
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2016 9:43 AM
To: 'Healey List'
Subject: [Healeys] Jack

I was footling around in the attic next door for the first time - a recent
purchase - and I found, amongst assorted treasures and junk, a Lake & Elliot
S411 15cwt twin screw jack. Quite a surprise. Now, this thing isn't worth an
awful lot and it's not Healey equipment....BUT, it's neat/compact and will
stow away nicely in the boot, so I was wondering if 15cwt (1,680 lbs)
capacity is enough to safely lift a corner of a 3000? Let's say a front
corner.

I carry an adapted scissors jack and a twin screw jack that I borrowed from
the army some 30 years ago and which I have as yet forgotten to return. I
imagine they've stopped searching by now. This 15cwt jack is a deal less
chunky than the typically brutish thing from the army.

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01D18E6B.1BC75C30
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>A BJ8 has the =
heaviest curb weight, which is about 2600 pounds.&nbsp; The weight =
distribution is 52% to the front.&nbsp; So, the front end would have =
about 1,352 pounds and half of that for a corner would be 676 =
pounds.&nbsp; The jack would handle that easily.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 Registry<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC USA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Healeys [<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:healeys-bounces@aut=
ox.team.net</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Simon Lachlan<br><b>Sent:</b> =
Monday, April 04, 2016 9:43 AM<br><b>To:</b> 'Healey =
List'<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] =
Jack<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>I was footling around in the attic next door for the first =
time &#8211; a recent purchase &#8211; and I found, amongst assorted =
treasures and junk, a Lake &amp; Elliot S411 15cwt twin screw jack. =
Quite a surprise. Now, this thing isn&#8217;t worth an awful lot and =
it&#8217;s not Healey equipment....BUT, it&#8217;s neat/compact and will =
stow away nicely in the boot, so I was wondering if 15cwt (1,680 lbs) =
capacity is enough to safely lift a corner of a 3000? Let&#8217;s say a =
front corner.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>I carry an adapted scissors jack and a twin screw jack that =
I borrowed from the army some 30 years ago and which I have as yet =
forgotten to return. I imagine they&#8217;ve stopped searching by now. =
This 15cwt jack is a deal less chunky than the typically brutish thing =
from the army.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>Simon<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0031_01D18E6B.1BC75C30--

--===============7263257631556658775==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7263257631556658775==--