Subject: [Healeys] Jack

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 14:42:52 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6974006807922692839==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0004_01D18E80.454A7280"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D18E80.454A7280
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I was footling around in the attic next door for the first time - a recent
purchase - and I found, amongst assorted treasures and junk, a Lake & Elliot
S411 15cwt twin screw jack. Quite a surprise. Now, this thing isn't worth an
awful lot and it's not Healey equipment....BUT, it's neat/compact and will
stow away nicely in the boot, so I was wondering if 15cwt (1,680 lbs)
capacity is enough to safely lift a corner of a 3000? Let's say a front
corner.

I carry an adapted scissors jack and a twin screw jack that I borrowed from
the army some 30 years ago and which I have as yet forgotten to return. I
imagine they've stopped searching by now. This 15cwt jack is a deal less
chunky than the typically brutish thing from the army.

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D18E80.454A7280
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I was =
footling around in the attic next door for the first time &#8211; a =
recent purchase &#8211; and I found, amongst assorted treasures and =
junk, a Lake &amp; Elliot S411 15cwt twin screw jack. Quite a surprise. =
Now, this thing isn&#8217;t worth an awful lot and it&#8217;s not Healey =
equipment....BUT, it&#8217;s neat/compact and will stow away nicely in =
the boot, so I was wondering if 15cwt (1,680 lbs) capacity is enough to =
safely lift a corner of a 3000? Let&#8217;s say a front =
corner.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I carry an adapted scissors =
jack and a twin screw jack that I borrowed from the army some 30 years =
ago and which I have as yet forgotten to return. I imagine they&#8217;ve =
stopped searching by now. This 15cwt jack is a deal less chunky than the =
typically brutish thing from the army.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D18E80.454A7280--

--===============6974006807922692839==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6974006807922692839==--