Subject: [Healeys] Austin Healeys at Grand Prix

From: "J. Armour" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 14:46:58 +1100

--===============3114007167637152484==

--B_3541330023_1018258
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Watching the drivers parade for the first Grand Prix for 2016 there was
Donald's favourite , the Bugeye in Australia and Frogeye to others. Great to
see some of the worlds best drivers in a Healey.

Recently Gordon Murray, a designer of multiple grand prix Constructors
Championship cars rated a Sprite as one of his 10 best cars. He has a Bugeye
in his garage. What a recommendation.
Gordon also designed one of my all time favourite GT cars, the McLaren F.1
three seater. I was lucky enough to have had a personal tour through the
factory when they were being assembled. The only supercar without turbos,
power assisted anything and room for a golf set in the side compartment and
still just over one tonne. Built as a road car and yet won LeMans 24 Hour
first time out.

Back to the Melbourne GP
Joe

--B_3541330023_1018258
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: s=
pace; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size:=
 14px; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><div>Watching the drivers parade =
for the first Grand Prix for 2016 there was Donald's favourite , the Bugeye =
in Australia and Frogeye to others. Great to see some of the worlds best dri=
vers in a Healey.</div><div><br></div><div>Recently Gordon Murray, a designe=
r of multiple grand prix Constructors Championship cars rated a Sprite as on=
e of his 10 best cars. He has a Bugeye in his garage. What a recommendation.=
</div><div>Gordon also designed one of my all time favourite GT cars, the Mc=
Laren F.1 &nbsp;three seater. I was lucky enough to have had a personal tour=
 through the factory when they were being assembled. The only supercar witho=
ut turbos, power assisted anything and room for a golf set in the side compa=
rtment and still just over one tonne. Built as a road car and yet won LeMans=
 24 Hour first time out.</div><div><br></div><div>Back to the Melbourne GP</=
div><div>Joe</div></body></html>

--B_3541330023_1018258--

--===============3114007167637152484==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3114007167637152484==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 05:18:03 +0000 (UTC)

--===============7507625855903063993==
	boundary="----=_Part_5327954_1735562908.1458451083300"

------=_Part_5327954_1735562908.1458451083300
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

FWIW, I've never heard Little Healeys called anything but 'Bugeye Sprites' here in the States. 

Bob 

----- Original Message -----

Watching the drivers parade for the first Grand Prix for 2016 there was Donald's favourite , the Bugeye in Australia and Frogeye to others. Great to see some of the worlds best drivers in a Healey. 

Recently Gordon Murray, a designer of multiple grand prix Constructors Championship cars rated a Sprite as one of his 10 best cars. He has a Bugeye in his garage. What a recommendation. 
Gordon also designed one of my all time favourite GT cars, the McLaren F.1 three seater. I was lucky enough to have had a personal tour through the factory when they were being assembled. The only supercar without turbos, power assisted anything and room for a golf set in the side compartment and still just over one tonne. Built as a road car and yet won LeMans 24 Hour first time out. 

Back to the Melbourne GP 
Joe 

------=_Part_5327954_1735562908.1458451083300
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div>FWIW, I've never heard Little Healeys called anything but 'Bugeye =
Sprites' here in the States.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Bob<br></div><div=
><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal;fon=
t-style:normal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;=
font-size:12pt;"><br><div><br></div><div>Watching the drivers parade for th=
e first Grand Prix for 2016 there was Donald's favourite , the Bugeye in Au=
stralia and Frogeye to others. Great to see some of the worlds best drivers=
 in a Healey.</div><div><br></div><div>Recently Gordon Murray, a designer o=
f multiple grand prix Constructors Championship cars rated a Sprite as one =
of his 10 best cars. He has a Bugeye in his garage. What a recommendation.<=
/div><div>Gordon also designed one of my all time favourite GT cars, the Mc=
Laren F.1 &nbsp;three seater. I was lucky enough to have had a personal tou=
r through the factory when they were being assembled. The only supercar wit=
hout turbos, power assisted anything and room for a golf set in the side co=
mpartment and still just over one tonne. Built as a road car and yet won Le=
Mans 24 Hour first time out.</div><div><br></div><div>Back to the Melbourne=
 GP</div><div>Joe</div>
<br><br><div><br></div></div><div><br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_5327954_1735562908.1458451083300--

--===============7507625855903063993==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7507625855903063993==--