Subject: [Healeys] Breather Assembly - rear axle.

From: "Andy Sneddon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:16:39 +0100 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0067_01D18AC9.7448E950"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01D18AC9.7448E950
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0068_01D18AC9.7448E950"

------=_NextPart_001_0068_01D18AC9.7448E950
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Folks,

  According to the Parts book, the breather assembly on the rear axle for my
1961 BT7, was part number 1G3668.  There is a note to say that this was
subsequently replaced by part number 1H3364.

I am guessing that 1G3668 was an original metal breather assembly and the
later part 1H3364 was the plastic version which is freely available today.

Does any-one have a picture of the original breather assembly (1G3668).  

On the attached picture to the right of the new plastic version is (I
assume) what remains of the original version from my axle.  I would be
interested in understanding what bits are missing from an original complete
assembly - or is it just as simple as it is exactly the same as the plastic
version but in metal!

Many thanks

Andy

------=_NextPart_001_0068_01D18AC9.7448E950
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Folks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp; =
According to the Parts book, the breather assembly on the rear axle for =
my 1961 BT7, was part number 1G3668.&nbsp; There is a note to say that =
this was subsequently replaced by part number 1H3364.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal> I am =
guessing that 1G3668 was an original metal breather assembly and the =
later part 1H3364 was the plastic version which is freely available =
today.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Does any-one have a picture of the original breather =
assembly (1G3668).&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>On the =
attached picture to the right of the new plastic version is (I assume) =
what remains of the original version from my axle.&nbsp; I would be =
interested in understanding what bits are missing from an original =
complete assembly &#8211; or is it just as simple as it is exactly the =
same as the plastic version but in metal!<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Many =
thanks<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Andy<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0068_01D18AC9.7448E950--

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01D18AC9.7448E950
	name="IMG_0801.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_0801.JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01D18AC9.7448E950
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01D18AC9.7448E950--