Subject: Re: [Healeys] Breather Assembly - rear axle.

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:26:00 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3374986094193553330==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D18ACA.C31E1310"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D18ACA.C31E1310
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

The metal one is missing its plastic cap. Which could be similar to the one
on the all plastic version.

John

'62 BT7

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andy
Sneddon
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:17 PM
To: 'Healey List' <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Breather Assembly - rear axle.

Folks,

  According to the Parts book, the breather assembly on the rear axle for my
1961 BT7, was part number 1G3668.  There is a note to say that this was
subsequently replaced by part number 1H3364.

I am guessing that 1G3668 was an original metal breather assembly and the
later part 1H3364 was the plastic version which is freely available today.

Does any-one have a picture of the original breather assembly (1G3668).  

On the attached picture to the right of the new plastic version is (I
assume) what remains of the original version from my axle.  I would be
interested in understanding what bits are missing from an original complete
assembly - or is it just as simple as it is exactly the same as the plastic
version but in metal!

Many thanks

Andy

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D18ACA.C31E1310
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>The metal one is missing its plastic cap. Which =
could be similar to the one on the all plastic =
version.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>John<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>&#8217;62 =
BT7<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Healeys =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Andy =
Sneddon<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:17 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
'Healey List' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> =
[Healeys] Breather Assembly - rear axle.<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>Folks,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>&nbsp; According to the Parts book, the breather assembly =
on the rear axle for my 1961 BT7, was part number 1G3668.&nbsp; There is =
a note to say that this was subsequently replaced by part number =
1H3364.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>I am guessing that 1G3668 was an original metal breather =
assembly and the later part 1H3364 was the plastic version which is =
freely available today.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>Does any-one have a picture of the original breather =
assembly (1G3668).&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-GB><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-GB>On the attached picture to the =
right of the new plastic version is (I assume) what remains of the =
original version from my axle.&nbsp; I would be interested in =
understanding what bits are missing from an original complete assembly =
&#8211; or is it just as simple as it is exactly the same as the plastic =
version but in metal!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>Many thanks<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>Andy<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D18ACA.C31E1310--

--===============3374986094193553330==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3374986094193553330==--

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 08:47:02 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1108335215268816699==
 boundary="------------080501080906030202010209"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------080501080906030202010209
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

It seems the valve is missing: cap and steel ball. Some breathers have a 
light spring holding down the ball but this one is probably without.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 30-3-2016 om 22:16 schreef Andy Sneddon:
>
> Folks,
>
>   According to the Parts book, the breather assembly on the rear axle 
> for my 1961 BT7, was part number 1G3668.  There is a note to say that 
> this was subsequently replaced by part number 1H3364.
>
> I am guessing that 1G3668 was an original metal breather assembly and 
> the later part 1H3364 was the plastic version which is freely 
> available today.
>
> interested in understanding what bits are missing from an original 
> complete assembly – or is it just as simple as it is exactly the same 
> as the plastic version but in metal!
>
> Many thanks
>
> Andy
>
>
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------080501080906030202010209
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">It seems the valve is missing: cap and
      steel ball. Some breathers have a light spring holding down the
      ball but this one is probably without.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      Op 30-3-2016 om 22:16 schreef Andy Sneddon:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:006601d18ac1$12848150$378d83f0$@com"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=us-ascii">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12 (filtered
        medium)">
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">Folks,</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">  According to the Parts book, the breather
          assembly on the rear axle for my 1961 BT7, was part number
          1G3668.  There is a note to say that this was subsequently
          replaced by part number 1H3364.</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> I am guessing that 1G3668 was an original
          metal breather assembly and the later part 1H3364 was the
          plastic version which is freely available today.</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Does any-one have a picture of the original
          breather assembly (1G3668).  </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">On the attached picture to the right of the
          new plastic version is (I assume) what remains of the original
          version from my axle.  I would be interested in understanding
          what bits are missing from an original complete assembly – or
          is it just as simple as it is exactly the same as the plastic
          version but in metal!</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Many thanks</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Andy</p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------080501080906030202010209--

--===============1108335215268816699==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1108335215268816699==--

---

From: "David Nock BCS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 15:58:26 -0700

--===============3039333511198429986==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01AA_01D18B66.298C7150"

------=_NextPart_000_01AA_01D18B66.298C7150
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The vent on the right is missing the top cap piece. Which would make it =
look just like the plastic one. The two are interchangable. As for as  I =
know the plastic one is all that is available new.

There isnt any sort of valve, spring of check ball inside of it. All it =
is is a tube that screws into the axle tube with a cap on it.

David Nock
British Car Specialists
209-948-8767
www.britishcarspecialists.com

From: Andy Sneddon=20
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:16 PM
To: 'Healey List'=20
Subject: [Healeys] Breather Assembly - rear axle.

Folks,

=20

  According to the Parts book, the breather assembly on the rear axle =
for my 1961 BT7, was part number 1G3668.  There is a note to say that =
this was subsequently replaced by part number 1H3364.

=20

I am guessing that 1G3668 was an original metal breather assembly and =
the later part 1H3364 was the plastic version which is freely available =
today.

=20

Does any-one have a picture of the original breather assembly (1G3668).  =

=20

On the attached picture to the right of the new plastic version is (I =
assume) what remains of the original version from my axle.  I would be =
interested in understanding what bits are missing from an original =
complete assembly =E2=80=93 or is it just as simple as it is exactly the =
same as the plastic version but in metal!

=20

Many thanks

=20

Andy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_01AA_01D18B66.298C7150
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:v =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m =3D=20
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)">
<STYLE><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-GB dir=3Dltr link=3Dblue vLink=3Dpurple>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>The vent on the right is missing the top cap piece. Which would =
make it=20
look just like the plastic one. The two are interchangable. As for =
as&nbsp; I=20
know the plastic one is all that is available new.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There isnt any sort of valve, spring of check ball inside of it. =
All it is=20
is a tube that screws into the axle tube with a cap on it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: =
#000000">David=20
Nock<BR>British Car=20
Specialists<BR>209-948-8767<BR>www.britishcarspecialists.com</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Andy Sneddon</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:16 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">'Healey List'</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [Healeys] Breather Assembly - rear =
axle.</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV class=3DWordSection1>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>Folks,<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><o:p></o:p>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp; According to the Parts book, the breather =
assembly on=20
the rear axle for my 1961 BT7, was part number 1G3668.&nbsp; There is a =
note to=20
say that this was subsequently replaced by part number =
1H3364.<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><o:p></o:p>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>I am guessing that 1G3668 was an original metal =
breather=20
assembly and the later part 1H3364 was the plastic version which is =
freely=20
available today.<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><o:p></o:p>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>Does any-one have a picture of the original =
breather assembly=20
(1G3668).&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><o:p></o:p>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>On the attached picture to the right of the new =
plastic=20
version is (I assume) what remains of the original version from my =
axle.&nbsp; I=20
would be interested in understanding what bits are missing from an =
original=20
complete assembly =E2=80=93 or is it just as simple as it is exactly the =
same as the=20
plastic version but in metal!<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><o:p></o:p>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>Many thanks<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><o:p></o:p>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>Andy<o:p></o:p></P></DIV>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>Support Team.Net=20
$12.75<BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<BR>Forums:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR>=
<BR></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01AA_01D18B66.298C7150--

--===============3039333511198429986==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3039333511198429986==--