Subject: [Healeys] get a load of this one..

From: David Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 08:41:23 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8610292047215897142==
 boundary="------------050305020708010407040509"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------050305020708010407040509
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Tell the EPA to Withdraw Its Proposal to Prohibit the Conversion of 
Vehicles Into Race cars

More crazy BS.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0 
<https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0> 

-- 
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------050305020708010407040509
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    Tell the EPA to Withdraw Its Proposal to Prohibit the Conversion of
    Vehicles Into Race cars<br>
    <div class="moz-forward-container"><br>
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p><span
            style="font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">More
            crazy BS.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p><span
            style="font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p><span
            style="font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><a
              moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0">https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0</a></a></span>
          <o:p></o:p></p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
        Dave Porter
        Porter Custom Bicycles
        2909 Arno St. NE
        Albuquerque, NM 87107
        505-352-1378
        Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.porterbikes.com/">www.porterbikes.com/</a>
      </div>
      <br>
    </div>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------050305020708010407040509--

--===============8610292047215897142==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============8610292047215897142==--

---

From: Alan Grossman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 07:47:22 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============9206302185653892893==
 boundary="------------010907040808000902080608"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010907040808000902080608
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Snopes says "mostly false"

Crazy BS indeed

Alan
On 2/12/2016 7:41 AM, David Porter wrote:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--------------010907040808000902080608
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <br>
    Snopes says "mostly false"<br>
    <br>
    Crazy BS indeed<br>
    <br>
    Alan<br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/12/2016 7:41 AM, David Porter
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      Tell the EPA to Withdraw Its Proposal to Prohibit the Conversion
      of Vehicles Into Race cars<br>
      <div class="moz-forward-container"><br>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
          charset=windows-1252">
        <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered
          medium)">
        <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
        <div class="WordSection1">
          <p><span
              style="font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">More

              crazy BS.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p><span
              style="font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          <p><span
              style="font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><a
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0">https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0</a></a></span>
            <o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <br>
        <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
          Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE
          Albuquerque, NM 87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world <a
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
            href="http://www.porterbikes.com/"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.porterbikes.com/">www.porterbikes.com/</a></a>
        </div>
        <br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  
<br /><br />
<hr style='border:none; color:#909090; background-color:#B0B0B0; height: 1px; width: 99%;' />
<table style='border-collapse:collapse;border:none;'>
	<tr>
		<td style='border:none;padding:0px 15px 0px 8px'>
			<a href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus">
				<img border=0 src="http://static.avast.com/emails/avast-mail-stamp.png" alt="Avast logo" />
			</a>
		</td>
		<td>
			<p style='color:#3d4d5a; font-family:"Calibri","Verdana","Arial","Helvetica"; font-size:12pt;'>
				This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
				<br><a href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus">www.avast.com</a>
			</p>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
<br />
</body>
</html>

--------------010907040808000902080608--

--===============9206302185653892893==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============9206302185653892893==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 18:18:36 +0000 (UTC)

Folks,  Not associated with the car, but someone has a 100-4 on Bringatrailer.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1954-austin-healey-100-4/
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:11:48 +0000

--===============4758926586683338453==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_SN1PR19MB0317AE211D58CD4595D60097BFA90SN1PR19MB0317namp_"

--_000_SN1PR19MB0317AE211D58CD4595D60097BFA90SN1PR19MB0317namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I had a K & N air filter on my German car when I took it from KY to Kalifor=
nia. It did not have the Kalifornia special tax paid sticker on it so I was=
 failed at the smog test.
Rather than spend $350 to get the same thing with a sticker on it, I reinst=
alled the OEM system and passed no issue. I asked to be retested and the re=
sults were worse than with the K & N. Interesting what a little Kalifornia =
EPA mandated sticker can do: support the politicians ?

Regards,
Richard C

[email-masked]>> wrote:

Tell the EPA to Withdraw Its Proposal to Prohibit the Conversion of Vehicle=
s Into Race cars

More crazy BS.

<https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-p=
rohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0>https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//pe=
tition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars=
-0

--
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 87107 5=
05-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/<http://www.porterbikes.c=
om/>

[email-masked]

--_000_SN1PR19MB0317AE211D58CD4595D60097BFA90SN1PR19MB0317namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
</head>
<body dir=3D"auto">
<div>I had a K &amp; N air filter on my German car when I took it from KY t=
o Kalifornia. It did not have the Kalifornia special tax paid sticker on it=
 so I was failed at the smog test.</div>
<div id=3D"AppleMailSignature">Rather than spend $350 to get the same thing=
 with a sticker on it, I reinstalled the OEM system and passed no issue. I =
asked to be retested and the results were worse than with the K &amp; N. In=
teresting what a little Kalifornia EPA
 mandated sticker can do: support the politicians ?<br>
<br>
Regards,
<div>Richard C</div>
<div><br>
</div>
</div>
<div><br>
On Feb 12, 2016, at 09:42, David Porter &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:frogeye@porte=
rscustom.com">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
</div>
<blockquote type=3D"cite">
<div>Tell the EPA to Withdraw Its Proposal to Prohibit the Conversion of Ve=
hicles Into Race cars<br>
<div class=3D"moz-forward-container"><br>
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered
        medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">M=
ore crazy BS.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><=
o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;"><=
a moz-do-not-send=3D"true" href=3D"https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio=
n/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0"><=
/a><a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" href=3D"https://petitions.whitehouse.=
gov//petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-r=
acecars-0">https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its=
-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0</a></span>
<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<br>
<div class=3D"moz-signature">-- <br>
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 87107 5=
05-352-1378 Go HERE: my world
<a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"http://www.porterbikes.com/">=
www.porterbikes.com/</a>
</div>
<br>
</div>
<br>
</div>
</blockquote>
<blockquote type=3D"cite">
<div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br>
<span>Support <a href=3D"http://team.net">Team.Net</a> <a href=3D"http://ww=
w.team.net/donate.html">
<span>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</span><br>
<span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/=
archive</a></span><br>
<span>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/fo=
rums</a></span><br>
<span></span><br>
<span><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><=
/span><br>
<span><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a></span><br>
<span></span><br>
<span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/=
healeys/[email-masked]">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a>=
</span><br>
<span></span><br>
</div>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>

--_000_SN1PR19MB0317AE211D58CD4595D60097BFA90SN1PR19MB0317namp_--

--===============4758926586683338453==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4758926586683338453==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 20:51:39 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0003339658671755057==
	boundary="----=_Part_3594228_1200215942.1455310299780"

------=_Part_3594228_1200215942.1455310299780
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

There is no 'tax' on installing K&N filters in California, and I've never seen any 'sticker' on the filters. There is a sticker that comes with K&Ns--I bought one for my '96 Ranger many years ago--that you affix in a visible location in the engine bay that attests that the filter is in compliance with CARB rules. We've had the truck smogged 8-9 times since then, with no issues. See: 

http://www.knfilters.com/streetlegal.htm 

But, why let facts get in the way of California-bashing? And, if 'Kalifornia' is so rotten, why did you move here (you aren't required to smog an out-of-state vehicle unless you are attempting to register it here; again, more of them pesky, fun-spoiling facts). And, none of our Healeys require smog testing in 'Kalifornia' (thanks Pete Wilson), and there are no mandatory, arbitrary 'safety' or 'roadworthy' inspections. 

Feel free to leave California at any time. 

Regards, 
Bob 

----- Original Message -----

I had a K & N air filter on my German car when I took it from KY to Kalifornia. It did not have the Kalifornia special tax paid sticker on it so I was failed at the smog test. 
Rather than spend $350 to get the same thing with a sticker on it, I reinstalled the OEM system and passed no issue. I asked to be retested and the results were worse than with the K & N. Interesting what a little Kalifornia EPA mandated sticker can do: support the politicians ? 

Regards, 
Richard C 

[email-masked] 

------=_Part_3594228_1200215942.1455310299780
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div><div>There is no 'tax' on installing K&amp;N filters in California=
, and I've never seen any 'sticker' on the filters.&nbsp; There is a sticke=
r that comes with K&amp;Ns--I bought one for my '96 Ranger many years ago--=
that you affix in a visible location in the engine bay that attests that th=
e filter is in compliance with CARB rules.&nbsp; We've had the truck smogge=
d 8-9 times since then, with no issues.&nbsp; See:</div><div><br></div><div=
><a tabindex=3D"0" class=3D"Object" id=3D"OBJ_PREFIX_DWT5032_com_zimbra_url=
" href=3D"http://www.knfilters.com/streetlegal.htm" target=3D"_blank" data-=
mce-href=3D"http://www.knfilters.com/streetlegal.htm">http://www.knfilters.=
com/streetlegal.htm</a><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div><br></div><div><=
br></div><div>But, why let facts get in the way of California-bashing?&nbsp=
; And, if 'Kalifornia' is so rotten, why did you move here (you aren't requ=
ired to smog an out-of-state vehicle unless you are attempting to register =
it here; again, more of them pesky, fun-spoiling facts). And, none of our H=
ealeys require smog testing in 'Kalifornia' (thanks Pete Wilson), and there=
 are no mandatory, arbitrary 'safety' or 'roadworthy' inspections.</div><di=
v><br></div><div>Feel free to leave California at any time.</div><div><br><=
/div><div>Regards,<br></div>Bob</div><div><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div s=
tyle=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:non=
e;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;"><br><div><br></di=
v>

</div><span><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/gonnag=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank"></a></span><br><blockquote><div>
<span></span><br>
</div>
</blockquote>

<br>_______________________________________________<br>Support Team.Net htt=
p://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br>A=
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<b=
r><div><br></div>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/li=
stinfo/healeys<br><div><br></div>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/=
mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<br><div><br></div></div><div><=
br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_3594228_1200215942.1455310299780--

--===============0003339658671755057==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0003339658671755057==--

---

From: i erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:06:23 -0800

--===============5094259304512414964==

--089e013c649e54203d052b9ab7d3

41 years ago when my car was required to get smog tested, I got a waiver
because it had multiple carbs and there weren't any smog kits for the car.
Never had to deal with it. My modern cars all have K&n filter kits and it's
never been an issue in Portland , OR. Btw rural counties do not require a
smog check on any car. Another note. I just transfered the current plates
from a car I sold to one I just changed ownership on. The new car did not
require a smog check because the car the plates came from had just passed.
Makes no sense. But it is the law.
Mr. Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
On Feb 12, 2016 12:52 PM, "Bob Spidell" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> There is no 'tax' on installing K&N filters in California, and I've never
> seen any 'sticker' on the filters.  There is a sticker that comes with
> K&Ns--I bought one for my '96 Ranger many years ago--that you affix in a
> visible location in the engine bay that attests that the filter is in
> compliance with CARB rules.  We've had the truck smogged 8-9 times since
> then, with no issues.  See:
>
> But, why let facts get in the way of California-bashing?  And, if
> 'Kalifornia' is so rotten, why did you move here (you aren't required to
> smog an out-of-state vehicle unless you are attempting to register it here;
> again, more of them pesky, fun-spoiling facts). And, none of our Healeys
> require smog testing in 'Kalifornia' (thanks Pete Wilson), and there are no
> mandatory, arbitrary 'safety' or 'roadworthy' inspections.
>
> ------------------------------
>
>
> I had a K & N air filter on my German car when I took it from KY to
> Kalifornia. It did not have the Kalifornia special tax paid sticker on it
> so I was failed at the smog test.
> Rather than spend $350 to get the same thing with a sticker on it, I
> reinstalled the OEM system and passed no issue. I asked to be retested and
> the results were worse than with the K & N. Interesting what a little
> Kalifornia EPA mandated sticker can do: support the politicians ?
>
> Regards,
> Richard C
>
> <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--089e013c649e54203d052b9ab7d3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">41 years ago when my car was required to get smog tested, I =
got a waiver because it had multiple carbs and there weren&#39;t any smog k=
its for the car. Never had to deal with it. My modern cars all have K&amp;n=
 filter kits and it&#39;s never been an issue in Portland , OR. Btw rural c=
ounties do not require a smog check on any car. Another note. I just transf=
ered the current plates from a car I sold to one I just changed ownership o=
n. The new car did not require a smog check because the car the plates came=
 from had just passed. Makes no sense. But it is the law.<br>
Mr. Ira Erbs<br>
Portland,OR</p>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Feb 12, 2016 12:52 PM, &quot;Bob Spidell&quot=
; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"m=
argin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div sty=
le=3D"font-family:Arial;font-size:12pt;color:#000000"><div><div>There is no=
 &#39;tax&#39; on installing K&amp;N filters in California, and I&#39;ve ne=
ver seen any &#39;sticker&#39; on the filters.=C2=A0 There is a sticker tha=
t comes with K&amp;Ns--I bought one for my &#39;96 Ranger many years ago--t=
hat you affix in a visible location in the engine bay that attests that the=
 filter is in compliance with CARB rules.=C2=A0 We&#39;ve had the truck smo=
gged 8-9 times since then, with no issues.=C2=A0 See:</div><div><br></div><=
div><a href=3D"http://www.knfilters.com/streetlegal.htm" target=3D"_blank">=
http://www.knfilters.com/streetlegal.htm</a><br></div><div><br></div><div><=
br></div><div>But, why let facts get in the way of California-bashing?=C2=
=A0 And, if &#39;Kalifornia&#39; is so rotten, why did you move here (you a=
ren&#39;t required to smog an out-of-state vehicle unless you are attemptin=
g to register it here; again, more of them pesky, fun-spoiling facts). And,=
 none of our Healeys require smog testing in &#39;Kalifornia&#39; (thanks P=
ete Wilson), and there are no mandatory, arbitrary &#39;safety&#39; or &#39=
;roadworthy&#39; inspections.</div><div><br></div><div>Feel free to leave C=
alifornia at any time.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards,<br></div>Bob</div>=
<div><br></div><hr><div style=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-style:n=
ormal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size=
:12pt"><br><div><br></div>

<div>I had a K &amp; N air filter on my German car when I took it from KY t=
o Kalifornia. It did not have the Kalifornia special tax paid sticker on it=
 so I was failed at the smog test.</div>
<div>Rather than spend $350 to get the same thing with a sticker on it, I r=
einstalled the OEM system and passed no issue. I asked to be retested and t=
he results were worse than with the K &amp; N. Interesting what a little Ka=
lifornia EPA
 mandated sticker can do: support the politicians ?<br>
<br>
Regards,
<div>Richard C</div>
<div><br>
</div>
</div><span><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/gonnag=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank"></a></span><br><blockquote><div>
<span></span><br>
</div>
</blockquote>

<br>_______________________________________________<br>Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.=
net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual donation =C2=A0$12.75<br>Archive: <=
a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.ne=
t/archive</a><br>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_=
blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><div><br></div><a href=3D"mailto:H=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><a h=
ref=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><div><br></div>Unsubscr=
ibe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/bspide=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/hea=
leys/[email-masked]</a><br><div><br></div></div><div><br></div></div>=
</div><br>_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div>

--089e013c649e54203d052b9ab7d3--

--===============5094259304512414964==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5094259304512414964==--

---

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 06:22:21 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0080794018636142417==
	boundary="----=_Part_3754083_1305962769.1455430941677"

------=_Part_3754083_1305962769.1455430941677
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I moved here in 1971. It was a very different place back then.=C2=A0 Not as=
 crowded and not as regulated in all aspects of life.=C2=A0 These days you =
can't keep up with all the nanny state laws being passed every year.=C2=A0 =
You can be a law abiding citizen one day and a potential felon the next.=C2=
=A0 Every year brings more regulations and control over almost everything y=
ou do.=C2=A0 Let's not get started on the gun control issue.=C2=A0 Now they=
 can take all your firearms with no crime having been committed. All someon=
e has to do is convince a judge you MIGHT do something to yourself or someo=
ne else.=C2=A0 If that is not the thought police, I don't know what is.=C2=
=A0 Yes, you don't have to smog a car made before 1975, but every year some=
 lame brain democrat will introduce a bill to make ALL cars have to undergo=
 smog either retro actively or be destroyed even though they do not contrib=
ute even 1 percent of the smog to California.=C2=A0 That bimbo from the San=
 Francisco are Fran Pavley tried to get all motorcycles have to undergo smo=
g tests retroactively back many years over a certain engine size.=C2=A0 Nev=
er mind motorcycles are not ridden as much or as often as automobiles or ar=
e a mall percentage of all vehicles on the road.=C2=A0 Luckily it was defea=
ted.=C2=A0 It all started going down hill when the legislature in Californi=
a went for being is session for six months out of the year to year round.=
=C2=A0 Yes Bob I do feel free to leave this quagmire of rules and control o=
f personal liberties. Every one of my hobbies I will pursue when I retire i=
s now being controlled by either the state of California or as in my radio =
control hobby the federal government being the FAA in particular.=C2=A0 The=
 FAA wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane that does not fly out of my s=
ight or place anyone or anything in danger like all aircraft and make me be=
 licensed to fly it. of course the license is not free.=C2=A0 You have to p=
ay for the government to control you.=C2=A0 I retire from the railroad at t=
he end of the year and am seriously eyeing Arizona as a retirement destinat=
ion.=C2=A0 At least there I don't worry about=C2=A0 an new firearm law bein=
g passed every 5 minutes.Mike MacLean=C2=A0=20
=20

    On Friday, February 12, 2016 12:52 PM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]=
t> wrote:
=20
=20

 There is no 'tax' on installing K&N filters in California, and I've never =
seen any 'sticker' on the filters.=C2=A0 There is a sticker that comes with=
 K&Ns--I bought one for my '96 Ranger many years ago--that you affix in a v=
isible location in the engine bay that attests that the filter is in compli=
ance with CARB rules.=C2=A0 We've had the truck smogged 8-9 times since the=
n, with no issues.=C2=A0 See:
http://www.knfilters.com/streetlegal.htm

But, why let facts get in the way of California-bashing?=C2=A0 And, if 'Kal=
ifornia' is so rotten, why did you move here (you aren't required to smog a=
n out-of-state vehicle unless you are attempting to register it here; again=
, more of them pesky, fun-spoiling facts). And, none of our Healeys require=
 smog testing in 'Kalifornia' (thanks Pete Wilson), and there are no mandat=
ory, arbitrary 'safety' or 'roadworthy' inspections.
Feel free to leave California at any time.
Regards,
Bob

I had a K & N air filter on my German car when I took it from KY to Kalifor=
nia. It did not have the Kalifornia special tax paid sticker on it so I was=
 failed at the smog test.Rather than spend $350 to get the same thing with =
a sticker on it, I reinstalled the OEM system and passed no issue. I asked =
to be retested and the results were worse than with the K & N. Interesting =
what a little Kalifornia EPA mandated sticker can do: support the politicia=
ns ?

Regards,Richard C

[email-masked]

comcast.net

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

=20
  
------=_Part_3754083_1305962769.1455430941677
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; f=
ont-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px"><div id=
=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1455427533455_60610" dir=3D"ltr">I moved here in 1971. It =
was a very different place back then.&nbsp; Not as crowded and not as regul=
ated in all aspects of life.&nbsp; These days you can't keep up with all th=
e nanny state laws being passed every year.&nbsp; You can be a law abiding =
citizen one day and a potential felon the next.&nbsp; Every year brings mor=
e regulations and control over almost everything you do.&nbsp; Let's not ge=
t started on the gun control issue.&nbsp; Now they can take all your firear=
ms with no crime having been committed. All someone has to do is convince a=
 judge you MIGHT do something to yourself or someone else.&nbsp; If that is=
 not the thought police, I don't know what is.&nbsp; Yes, you don't have to=
 smog a car made before 1975, but every year some lame brain democrat will =
introduce a bill to make ALL cars have to undergo smog either retro activel=
y or be destroyed even though they do not contribute even 1 percent of the =
smog to California.&nbsp; That bimbo from the San Francisco are Fran Pavley=
 tried to get all motorcycles have to undergo smog tests retroactively back=
 many years over a certain engine size.&nbsp; Never mind motorcycles are no=
t ridden as much or as often as automobiles or are a mall percentage of all=
 vehicles on the road.&nbsp; Luckily it was defeated.&nbsp; It all started =
going down hill when the legislature in California went for being is sessio=
n for six months out of the year to year round.&nbsp; Yes Bob I do feel fre=
e to leave this quagmire of rules and control of personal liberties. Every =
one of my hobbies I will pursue when I retire is now being controlled by ei=
ther the state of California or as in my radio control hobby the federal go=
vernment being the FAA in particular.&nbsp; The FAA wants to treat my 7 pou=
nd model airplane that does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anyt=
hing in danger like all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of cour=
se the license is not free.&nbsp; You have to pay for the government to con=
trol you.&nbsp; I retire from the railroad at the end of the year and am se=
riously eyeing Arizona as a retirement destination.&nbsp; At least there I =
don't worry about&nbsp; an new firearm law being passed every 5 minutes.</d=
iv><div dir=3D"ltr">Mike MacLean&nbsp; <br></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_14=
55427533455_60186"><span></span></div> <div class=3D"qtdSeparateBR"><br><br=
></div><div style=3D"display: block;" class=3D"yahoo_quoted"> <div style=3D=
"font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px;"> <=
div style=3D"font-family: HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, =
Lucida Grande, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> <div dir=3D"ltr"><font face=
=3D"Arial" size=3D"2"> On Friday, February 12, 2016 12:52 PM, Bob Spidell &=
lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br></font></div> <blockquote style=3D"bo=
rder-left: 2px solid rgb(16, 16, 255); margin-left: 5px; margin-top: 5px; p=
adding-left: 5px;"> <br><br> <div class=3D"y_msg_container"><div id=3D"yiv7=
134294490"><div><div style=3D"font-family:Arial;font-size:12pt;color:#00000=
0;"><div><div>There is no 'tax' on installing K&amp;N filters in California=
, and I've never seen any 'sticker' on the filters.&nbsp; There is a sticke=
r that comes with K&amp;Ns--I bought one for my '96 Ranger many years ago--=
that you affix in a visible location in the engine bay that attests that th=
e filter is in compliance with CARB rules.&nbsp; We've had the truck smogge=
d 8-9 times since then, with no issues.&nbsp; See:</div><div><br></div><div=
><a rel=3D"nofollow" tabindex=3D"0" class=3D"yiv7134294490Object" id=3D"yiv=
7134294490OBJ_PREFIX_DWT5032_com_zimbra_url" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http=
://www.knfilters.com/streetlegal.htm">http://www.knfilters.com/streetlegal.=
htm</a><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>But, why let facts get =
in the way of California-bashing?&nbsp; And, if 'Kalifornia' is so rotten, =
why did you move here (you aren't required to smog an out-of-state vehicle =
unless you are attempting to register it here; again, more of them pesky, f=
un-spoiling facts). And, none of our Healeys require smog testing in 'Kalif=
ornia' (thanks Pete Wilson), and there are no mandatory, arbitrary 'safety'=
 or 'roadworthy' inspections.</div><div><br></div><div>Feel free to leave C=
alifornia at any time.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards,<br></div>Bob</div>=
<div><br></div><hr id=3D"yiv7134294490zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font-=
weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,=
 Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;"><br><div><br></div>

<div>I had a K &amp; N air filter on my German car when I took it from KY t=
o Kalifornia. It did not have the Kalifornia special tax paid sticker on it=
 so I was failed at the smog test.</div>
<div id=3D"yiv7134294490AppleMailSignature">Rather than spend $350 to get t=
he same thing with a sticker on it, I reinstalled the OEM system and passed=
 no issue. I asked to be retested and the results were worse than with the =
K &amp; N. Interesting what a little Kalifornia EPA
 mandated sticker can do: support the politicians ?<br>
<br>
Regards,
<div>Richard C</div>
<div><br>
</div>
</div><span><a rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"></a></span><br><blo=
ckquote><div>
<span></span><br>
</div>
</blockquote>

<br>_______________________________________________<br>Support Team.Net htt=
p://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br>A=
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<b=
r><div><br></div>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/li=
stinfo/healeys<br><div><br></div>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/=
mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<br><div><br></div></div><div><=
br></div></div></div></div><br>____________________________________________=
___<br>Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual donatio=
n&nbsp; $12.75<br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums: <a href=3D"http://ww=
w.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><br>=
<a ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
eam.net">[email-masked]</a><br><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mai=
lman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/list=
info/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.ne=
t/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br><br>=
<br><br></div> </blockquote> </div> </div>  </div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_3754083_1305962769.1455430941677--

--===============0080794018636142417==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0080794018636142417==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 07:17:37 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7658931485997512144==
 boundary="------------090301080402060904000601"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090301080402060904000601
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

That's the problem with being a johnny-come-lately.  I'm 62, a 
fourth-generation Californian and have lived my entire life here, and I 
certainly don't feel as threatened as you do (though I've noticed that a 
lot of people tend to get paranoid as they get older).  Yes, California 
is getting crowded because just about everybody in the world, it seems, 
wants to live here.  The people freezing their asses off back east will 
likely give it some thought when they hear about our recent 70deg+ 
weather; not to mention the relative abundance of jobs--including 
yours--being created in spite of our nazi-communist-facist-socialist 
government.

Your claim that the FAA "wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane that 
does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything in danger like 
all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of course the license is 
not free" is factually incorrect.  The truth is here: 
https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/

It took all of 10 seconds of internet searching to find this, although I 
was probably already more informed about this than you ever will be 
because I'm a private pilot and have been following this topic in the 
news and aviation publications for quite a while. Yes, pilots really are 
concerned about this as there have already been several reported 
instances of 'near misses' with both commercial and general aviation 
aircraft.  And, your 7lb RC aircraft could do significant 
damage--possibly even cause a crash (birds have brought down aircraft, 
see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549)--to a light 
aircraft traveling at speeds in excess of 100MPH, and the airlines are 
rightfully concerned about someone flying one of the larger drones into 
an airliner full of passengers (don't think it could happen? Ever hear 
about the idiots pointing lasers at aircraft?).

California is such a terrible place for RC aircraft enthusiasts they 
build special 'airports'--there's one in nearby Livermore--so that the 
RC people have their own runway, airspace and parking to indulge their 
hobby.  At the park I often run at--Rancho San Antonio in Los Altos--the 
RC people had their own area and there were some conflicts so the 
terrible California people said "Hey, let's fence off part of the park 
for the RC aircraft people and tell others to stay the hell away from 
it."  Problem solved.  And, your attempt to conflate a federal agency, 
the FAA--ever ask yourself what the big 'F' stands for?--with the state 
of California get's an 'A' for creativity, but an 'F' for veracity.  
Side note: the FAA rules seem onerous at times--the FAR, the book of 
regulations for pilots, is 2-3 inches thick of fine print--but I respect 
them because most were written because somebody--often, a lot of 
somebodies--died.  The FAA is indeed struggling with this, as they are 
trying to balance the 'rights' of the RC/drone people with the rights of 
everybody else.

I could go on, but I'm probably pushing the limit on message size, but 
I'll say one more thing: Apparently, you moved to California in '71 
because California afforded you an opportunity for a good career; a 
career that has done so well for you that you are now able to 
contemplate retirement.  Yet you can't resist taking a swipe at the very 
state that afforded you this opportunity and enabled you to prosper.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Cheers,
Bob

On 2/13/2016 10:22 PM, Michael MacLean wrote:
> I moved here in 1971. It was a very different place back then.  Not as 
> crowded and not as regulated in all aspects of life.  These days you 
> can't keep up with all the nanny state laws being passed every year.  
> You can be a law abiding citizen one day and a potential felon the 
> next.  Every year brings more regulations and control over almost 
> everything you do.  Let's not get started on the gun control issue.  
> Now they can take all your firearms with no crime having been 
> committed. All someone has to do is convince a judge you MIGHT do 
> something to yourself or someone else.  If that is not the thought 
> police, I don't know what is.  Yes, you don't have to smog a car made 
> before 1975, but every year some lame brain democrat will introduce a 
> bill to make ALL cars have to undergo smog either retro actively or be 
> destroyed even though they do not contribute even 1 percent of the 
> smog to California.  That bimbo from the San Francisco are Fran Pavley 
> tried to get all motorcycles have to undergo smog tests retroactively 
> back many years over a certain engine size.  Never mind motorcycles 
> are not ridden as much or as often as automobiles or are a mall 
> percentage of all vehicles on the road.  Luckily it was defeated.  It 
> all started going down hill when the legislature in California went 
> for being is session for six months out of the year to year round.  
> Yes Bob I do feel free to leave this quagmire of rules and control of 
> personal liberties. Every one of my hobbies I will pursue when I 
> retire is now being controlled by either the state of California or as 
> in my radio control hobby the federal government being the FAA in 
> particular.  The FAA wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane that 
> does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything in danger 
> like all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of course the 
> license is not free.  You have to pay for the government to control 
> you.  I retire from the railroad at the end of the year and am 
> seriously eyeing Arizona as a retirement destination.  At least there 
> I don't worry about an new firearm law being passed every 5 minutes.
> Mike MacLean
> <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>

--------------090301080402060904000601
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    That's the problem with being a johnny-come-lately.  I'm 62, a
    fourth-generation Californian and have lived my entire life here,
    and I certainly don't feel as threatened as you do (though I've
    noticed that a lot of people tend to get paranoid as they get
    older).  Yes, California is getting crowded because just about
    everybody in the world, it seems, wants to live here.  The people
    freezing their asses off back east will likely give it some thought
    when they hear about our recent 70deg+ weather; not to mention the
    relative abundance of jobs--including yours--being created in spite
    of our nazi-communist-facist-socialist government.<br>
    <br>
    Your claim that the FAA "wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane
    that does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything in
    danger like all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of
    course the license is not free" is factually incorrect.  The truth
    is here: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/">https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/</a>   <br>
    <br>
    It took all of 10 seconds of internet searching to find this,
    although I was probably already more informed about this than you
    ever will be because I'm a private pilot and have been following
    this topic in the news and aviation publications for quite a while. 
    Yes, pilots really are concerned about this as there have already
    been several reported instances of 'near misses' with both
    commercial and general aviation aircraft.  And, your 7lb RC aircraft
    could do significant damage--possibly even cause a crash (birds have
    brought down aircraft, see
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549</a>)--to a light
    aircraft traveling at speeds in excess of 100MPH, and the airlines
    are rightfully concerned about someone flying one of the larger
    drones into an airliner full of passengers (don't think it could
    happen? Ever hear about the idiots pointing lasers at aircraft?).  
    <br>
    <br>
    California is such a terrible place for RC aircraft enthusiasts they
    build special 'airports'--there's one in nearby Livermore--so that
    the RC people have their own runway, airspace and parking to indulge
    their hobby.  At the park I often run at--Rancho San Antonio in Los
    Altos--the RC people had their own area and there were some
    conflicts so the terrible California people said "Hey, let's fence
    off part of the park for the RC aircraft people and tell others to
    stay the hell away from it."  Problem solved.  And, your attempt to
    conflate a federal agency, the FAA--ever ask yourself what the big
    'F' stands for?--with the state of California get's an 'A' for
    creativity, but an 'F' for veracity.  Side note: the FAA rules seem
    onerous at times--the FAR, the book of regulations for pilots, is
    2-3 inches thick of fine print--but I respect them because most were
    written because somebody--often, a lot of somebodies--died.  The FAA
    is indeed struggling with this, as they are trying to balance the
    'rights' of the RC/drone people with the rights of everybody else.<br>
    <br>
    I could go on, but I'm probably pushing the limit on message size,
    but I'll say one more thing: Apparently, you moved to California in
    '71 because California afforded you an opportunity for a good
    career; a career that has done so well for you that you are now able
    to contemplate retirement.  Yet you can't resist taking a swipe at
    the very state that afforded you this opportunity and enabled you to
    prosper.<br>
    <br>
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.<br>
    <br>
    Cheers,<br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/13/2016 10:22 PM, Michael MacLean
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:times
        new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px">
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1455427533455_60610" dir="ltr">I moved
          here in 1971. It was a very different place back then.  Not as
          crowded and not as regulated in all aspects of life.  These
          days you can't keep up with all the nanny state laws being
          passed every year.  You can be a law abiding citizen one day
          and a potential felon the next.  Every year brings more
          regulations and control over almost everything you do.  Let's
          not get started on the gun control issue.  Now they can take
          all your firearms with no crime having been committed. All
          someone has to do is convince a judge you MIGHT do something
          to yourself or someone else.  If that is not the thought
          police, I don't know what is.  Yes, you don't have to smog a
          car made before 1975, but every year some lame brain democrat
          will introduce a bill to make ALL cars have to undergo smog
          either retro actively or be destroyed even though they do not
          contribute even 1 percent of the smog to California.  That
          bimbo from the San Francisco are Fran Pavley tried to get all
          motorcycles have to undergo smog tests retroactively back many
          years over a certain engine size.  Never mind motorcycles are
          not ridden as much or as often as automobiles or are a mall
          percentage of all vehicles on the road.  Luckily it was
          defeated.  It all started going down hill when the legislature
          in California went for being is session for six months out of
          the year to year round.  Yes Bob I do feel free to leave this
          quagmire of rules and control of personal liberties. Every one
          of my hobbies I will pursue when I retire is now being
          controlled by either the state of California or as in my radio
          control hobby the federal government being the FAA in
          particular.  The FAA wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane
          that does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything
          in danger like all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it.
          of course the license is not free.  You have to pay for the
          government to control you.  I retire from the railroad at the
          end of the year and am seriously eyeing Arizona as a
          retirement destination.  At least there I don't worry about 
          an new firearm law being passed every 5 minutes.</div>
        <div dir="ltr">Mike MacLean  <br>
        </div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1455427533455_60186"><span></span></div>
        <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
          target="_blank"></a><br>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------090301080402060904000601--

--===============7658931485997512144==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7658931485997512144==--

---

From: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:38:23 -0500

--===============6345864151233908969==

--001a1148f7f0faea69052bbcb10e

Bob--

Wonderful post, plus what Gary and others have said about why we don't do
politics here.

I don't like big spiders and now I have a second good reason never to go to
AZ.

Best--Michael Oritt

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> lot of people tend to get paranoid as they get older).  Yes, California is
> getting crowded because just about everybody in the world, it seems, wants
> to live here.  The people freezing their asses off back east will likely
> give it some thought when they hear about our recent 70deg+ weather; not to
> mention the relative abundance of jobs--including yours--being created in
> spite of our nazi-communist-facist-socialist government.
>
> does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything in danger like all
> aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of course the license is not
> free" is factually incorrect.  The truth is here:
> was probably already more informed about this than you ever will be because
> I'm a private pilot and have been following this topic in the news and
> aviation publications for quite a while.  Yes, pilots really are concerned
> about this as there have already been several reported instances of 'near
> misses' with both commercial and general aviation aircraft.  And, your 7lb
> RC aircraft could do significant damage--possibly even cause a crash (birds
> have brought down aircraft, see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549)--to a light
> rightfully concerned about someone flying one of the larger drones into an
> airliner full of passengers (don't think it could happen? Ever hear about
> the idiots pointing lasers at aircraft?).
>
> California is such a terrible place for RC aircraft enthusiasts they build
> special 'airports'--there's one in nearby Livermore--so that the RC people
> have their own runway, airspace and parking to indulge their hobby.  At the
> park I often run at--Rancho San Antonio in Los Altos--the RC people had
> their own area and there were some conflicts so the terrible California
> people said "Hey, let's fence off part of the park for the RC aircraft
> people and tell others to stay the hell away from it."  Problem solved.
> And, your attempt to conflate a federal agency, the FAA--ever ask yourself
> what the big 'F' stands for?--with the state of California get's an 'A' for
> creativity, but an 'F' for veracity.  Side note: the FAA rules seem onerous
> at times--the FAR, the book of regulations for pilots, is 2-3 inches thick
> of fine print--but I respect them because most were written because
> somebody--often, a lot of somebodies--died.  The FAA is indeed struggling
> with this, as they are trying to balance the 'rights' of the RC/drone
> people with the rights of everybody else.
>
> I'll say one more thing: Apparently, you moved to California in '71 because
> California afforded you an opportunity for a good career; a career that has
> done so well for you that you are now able to contemplate retirement.  Yet
> you can't resist taking a swipe at the very state that afforded you this
> opportunity and enabled you to prosper.
>
> crowded and not as regulated in all aspects of life.  These days you can't
> keep up with all the nanny state laws being passed every year.  You can be
> a law abiding citizen one day and a potential felon the next.  Every year
> brings more regulations and control over almost everything you do.  Let's
> not get started on the gun control issue.  Now they can take all your
> firearms with no crime having been committed. All someone has to do is
> convince a judge you MIGHT do something to yourself or someone else.  If
> that is not the thought police, I don't know what is.  Yes, you don't have
> to smog a car made before 1975, but every year some lame brain democrat
> will introduce a bill to make ALL cars have to undergo smog either retro
> actively or be destroyed even though they do not contribute even 1 percent
> of the smog to California.  That bimbo from the San Francisco are Fran
> Pavley tried to get all motorcycles have to undergo smog tests
> retroactively back many years over a certain engine size.  Never mind
> motorcycles are not ridden as much or as often as automobiles or are a mall
> percentage of all vehicles on the road.  Luckily it was defeated.  It all
> started going down hill when the legislature in California went for being
> is session for six months out of the year to year round.  Yes Bob I do feel
> free to leave this quagmire of rules and control of personal liberties.
> Every one of my hobbies I will pursue when I retire is now being controlled
> by either the state of California or as in my radio control hobby the
> federal government being the FAA in particular.  The FAA wants to treat my
> 7 pound model airplane that does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or
> anything in danger like all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of
> course the license is not free.  You have to pay for the government to
> control you.  I retire from the railroad at the end of the year and am
> seriously eyeing Arizona as a retirement destination.  At least there I
> don't worry about  an new firearm law being passed every 5 minutes.
> Mike MacLean
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--001a1148f7f0faea69052bbcb10e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Bob--=
</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div c=
lass=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">Wonderful post, plus what Ga=
ry and others have said about why we don&#39;t do politics here.</div><div =
class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gma=
il_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">I don&#39;t like big spiders and now I =
have a second good reason never to go to AZ.</div><div class=3D"gmail_defau=
lt" style=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D=
"color:#3333ff">Best--Michael Oritt</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=
=3D"color:#3333ff"><br></div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Bob Spidell <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">bspi=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote"=
 style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF" text=3D"#000000">
    That&#39;s the problem with being a johnny-come-lately.=C2=A0 I&#39;m 6=
2, a
    fourth-generation Californian and have lived my entire life here,
    and I certainly don&#39;t feel as threatened as you do (though I&#39;ve
    noticed that a lot of people tend to get paranoid as they get
    older).=C2=A0 Yes, California is getting crowded because just about
    everybody in the world, it seems, wants to live here.=C2=A0 The people
    freezing their asses off back east will likely give it some thought
    when they hear about our recent 70deg+ weather; not to mention the
    relative abundance of jobs--including yours--being created in spite
    of our nazi-communist-facist-socialist government.<br>
    <br>
    Your claim that the FAA &quot;wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane
    that does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything in
    danger like all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of
    course the license is not free&quot; is factually incorrect.=C2=A0 The =
truth
    is here: <a href=3D"https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/" target=3D"=
_blank">https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/</a>=C2=A0=C2=A0 <br>
    <br>
    It took all of 10 seconds of internet searching to find this,
    although I was probably already more informed about this than you
    ever will be because I&#39;m a private pilot and have been following
    this topic in the news and aviation publications for quite a while.=C2=
=A0
    Yes, pilots really are concerned about this as there have already
    been several reported instances of &#39;near misses&#39; with both
    commercial and general aviation aircraft.=C2=A0 And, your 7lb RC aircra=
ft
    could do significant damage--possibly even cause a crash (birds have
    brought down aircraft, see
    <a href=3D"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549" target=
=3D"_blank">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549</a>)--to a=
 light
    aircraft traveling at speeds in excess of 100MPH, and the airlines
    are rightfully concerned about someone flying one of the larger
    drones into an airliner full of passengers (don&#39;t think it could
    happen? Ever hear about the idiots pointing lasers at aircraft?).=C2=A0=
=C2=A0
    <br>
    <br>
    California is such a terrible place for RC aircraft enthusiasts they
    build special &#39;airports&#39;--there&#39;s one in nearby Livermore--=
so that
    the RC people have their own runway, airspace and parking to indulge
    their hobby.=C2=A0 At the park I often run at--Rancho San Antonio in Lo=
s
    Altos--the RC people had their own area and there were some
    conflicts so the terrible California people said &quot;Hey, let&#39;s f=
ence
    off part of the park for the RC aircraft people and tell others to
    stay the hell away from it.&quot;=C2=A0 Problem solved.=C2=A0 And, your=
 attempt to
    conflate a federal agency, the FAA--ever ask yourself what the big
    &#39;F&#39; stands for?--with the state of California get&#39;s an &#39=
;A&#39; for
    creativity, but an &#39;F&#39; for veracity.=C2=A0 Side note: the FAA r=
ules seem
    onerous at times--the FAR, the book of regulations for pilots, is
    2-3 inches thick of fine print--but I respect them because most were
    written because somebody--often, a lot of somebodies--died.=C2=A0 The F=
AA
    is indeed struggling with this, as they are trying to balance the
    &#39;rights&#39; of the RC/drone people with the rights of everybody el=
se.<br>
    <br>
    I could go on, but I&#39;m probably pushing the limit on message size,
    but I&#39;ll say one more thing: Apparently, you moved to California in
    &#39;71 because California afforded you an opportunity for a good
    career; a career that has done so well for you that you are now able
    to contemplate retirement.=C2=A0 Yet you can&#39;t resist taking a swip=
e at
    the very state that afforded you this opportunity and enabled you to
    prosper.<br>
    <br>
    Don&#39;t let the door hit you on the way out.<br>
    <br>
    Cheers,<br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div>On 2/13/2016 10:22 PM, Michael MacLean
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
      <div style=3D"color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:times new =
roman,new york,times,serif;font-size:16px">
        <div dir=3D"ltr">I moved
          here in 1971. It was a very different place back then.=C2=A0 Not =
as
          crowded and not as regulated in all aspects of life.=C2=A0 These
          days you can&#39;t keep up with all the nanny state laws being
          passed every year.=C2=A0 You can be a law abiding citizen one day
          and a potential felon the next.=C2=A0 Every year brings more
          regulations and control over almost everything you do.=C2=A0 Let&=
#39;s
          not get started on the gun control issue.=C2=A0 Now they can take
          all your firearms with no crime having been committed. All
          someone has to do is convince a judge you MIGHT do something
          to yourself or someone else.=C2=A0 If that is not the thought
          police, I don&#39;t know what is.=C2=A0 Yes, you don&#39;t have t=
o smog a
          car made before 1975, but every year some lame brain democrat
          will introduce a bill to make ALL cars have to undergo smog
          either retro actively or be destroyed even though they do not
          contribute even 1 percent of the smog to California.=C2=A0 That
          bimbo from the San Francisco are Fran Pavley tried to get all
          motorcycles have to undergo smog tests retroactively back many
          years over a certain engine size.=C2=A0 Never mind motorcycles ar=
e
          not ridden as much or as often as automobiles or are a mall
          percentage of all vehicles on the road.=C2=A0 Luckily it was
          defeated.=C2=A0 It all started going down hill when the legislatu=
re
          in California went for being is session for six months out of
          the year to year round.=C2=A0 Yes Bob I do feel free to leave thi=
s
          quagmire of rules and control of personal liberties. Every one
          of my hobbies I will pursue when I retire is now being
          controlled by either the state of California or as in my radio
          control hobby the federal government being the FAA in
          particular.=C2=A0 The FAA wants to treat my 7 pound model airplan=
e
          that does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything
          in danger like all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it.
          of course the license is not free.=C2=A0 You have to pay for the
          government to control you.=C2=A0 I retire from the railroad at th=
e
          end of the year and am seriously eyeing Arizona as a
          retirement destination.=C2=A0 At least there I don&#39;t worry ab=
out=C2=A0
          an new firearm law being passed every 5 minutes.</div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr">Mike MacLean=C2=A0 <br>
        </div>
        <div><span></span></div>
        <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/rrengineer=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank"></a><br>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

<br>_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a1148f7f0faea69052bbcb10e--

--===============6345864151233908969==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6345864151233908969==--

---

From: "Skip Saunders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:49:41 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8762421267740647352==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_007A_01D16715.69499860"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D16715.69499860
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hear!  Hear!.... well said, Bob.

=20

There is no need for the list involving our beloved Healeys to be =
polluted with the emotional political BS that already is plentiful =
elsewhere in our country's media.

=20

Thanks

-skip-

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob =
Spidell
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2016 10:18 AM
To: Michael MacLean
Cc: healeys
Subject: [Healeys] OT: Re: get a load of this one..

=20

That's the problem with being a johnny-come-lately.  I'm 62, a =
fourth-generation Californian and have lived my entire life here, and I =
certainly don't feel as threatened as you do (though I've noticed that a =
lot of people tend to get paranoid as they get older).  Yes, California =
is getting crowded because just about everybody in the world, it seems, =
wants to live here.  The people freezing their asses off back east will =
likely give it some thought when they hear about our recent 70deg+ =
weather; not to mention the relative abundance of jobs--including =
yours--being created in spite of our nazi-communist-facist-socialist =
government.

Your claim that the FAA "wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane that =
does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything in danger like =
all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of course the license is =
not free" is factually incorrect.  The truth is here: =
https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/  =20

It took all of 10 seconds of internet searching to find this, although I =
was probably already more informed about this than you ever will be =
because I'm a private pilot and have been following this topic in the =
news and aviation publications for quite a while.  Yes, pilots really =
are concerned about this as there have already been several reported =
instances of 'near misses' with both commercial and general aviation =
aircraft.  And, your 7lb RC aircraft could do significant =
damage--possibly even cause a crash (birds have brought down aircraft, =
see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549)--to a light =
aircraft traveling at speeds in excess of 100MPH, and the airlines are =
rightfully concerned about someone flying one of the larger drones into =
an airliner full of passengers (don't think it could happen? Ever hear =
about the idiots pointing lasers at aircraft?).  =20

California is such a terrible place for RC aircraft enthusiasts they =
build special 'airports'--there's one in nearby Livermore--so that the =
RC people have their own runway, airspace and parking to indulge their =
hobby.  At the park I often run at--Rancho San Antonio in Los Altos--the =
RC people had their own area and there were some conflicts so the =
terrible California people said "Hey, let's fence off part of the park =
for the RC aircraft people and tell others to stay the hell away from =
it."  Problem solved.  And, your attempt to conflate a federal agency, =
the FAA--ever ask yourself what the big 'F' stands for?--with the state =
of California get's an 'A' for creativity, but an 'F' for veracity.  =
Side note: the FAA rules seem onerous at times--the FAR, the book of =
regulations for pilots, is 2-3 inches thick of fine print--but I respect =
them because most were written because somebody--often, a lot of =
somebodies--died.  The FAA is indeed struggling with this, as they are =
trying to balance the 'rights' of the RC/drone people with the rights of =
everybody else.

I could go on, but I'm probably pushing the limit on message size, but =
I'll say one more thing: Apparently, you moved to California in '71 =
because California afforded you an opportunity for a good career; a =
career that has done so well for you that you are now able to =
contemplate retirement.  Yet you can't resist taking a swipe at the very =
state that afforded you this opportunity and enabled you to prosper.

Cheers,
Bob

I moved here in 1971. It was a very different place back then.  Not as =
crowded and not as regulated in all aspects of life.  These days you =
can't keep up with all the nanny state laws being passed every year.  =
You can be a law abiding citizen one day and a potential felon the next. =
 Every year brings more regulations and control over almost everything =
you do.  Let's not get started on the gun control issue.  Now they can =
take all your firearms with no crime having been committed. All someone =
has to do is convince a judge you MIGHT do something to yourself or =
someone else.  If that is not the thought police, I don't know what is.  =
Yes, you don't have to smog a car made before 1975, but every year some =
lame brain democrat will introduce a bill to make ALL cars have to =
undergo smog either retro actively or be destroyed even though they do =
not contribute even 1 percent of the smog to California.  That bimbo =
from the San Francisco are Fran Pavley tried to get all motorcycles have =
to undergo smog tests retroactively back many years over a certain =
engine size.  Never mind motorcycles are not ridden as much or as often =
as automobiles or are a mall percentage of all vehicles on the road.  =
Luckily it was defeated.  It all started going down hill when the =
legislature in California went for being is session for six months out =
of the year to year round.  Yes Bob I do feel free to leave this =
quagmire of rules and control of personal liberties. Every one of my =
hobbies I will pursue when I retire is now being controlled by either =
the state of California or as in my radio control hobby the federal =
government being the FAA in particular.  The FAA wants to treat my 7 =
pound model airplane that does not fly out of my sight or place anyone =
or anything in danger like all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly =
it. of course the license is not free.  You have to pay for the =
government to control you.  I retire from the railroad at the end of the =
year and am seriously eyeing Arizona as a retirement destination.  At =
least there I don't worry about  an new firearm law being passed every 5 =
minutes.

Mike MacLean =20

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D16715.69499860
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Hear!=C2=A0 Hear!.... well said, Bob.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>There is no need for =
the list involving our beloved Healeys to be polluted with the emotional =
political BS that already is plentiful elsewhere in our country's =
media.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>-skip-<span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:windowt=
ext'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:windowt=
ext'> Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Bob Spidell<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, February 14, 2016 10:18 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> Michael MacLean<br><b>Cc:</b> =
healeys<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] OT: Re: get a load of this =
one..<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>That's the problem with being a =
johnny-come-lately.&nbsp; I'm 62, a fourth-generation Californian and =
have lived my entire life here, and I certainly don't feel as threatened =
as you do (though I've noticed that a lot of people tend to get paranoid =
as they get older).&nbsp; Yes, California is getting crowded because =
just about everybody in the world, it seems, wants to live here.&nbsp; =
The people freezing their asses off back east will likely give it some =
thought when they hear about our recent 70deg+ weather; not to mention =
the relative abundance of jobs--including yours--being created in spite =
of our nazi-communist-facist-socialist government.<br><br>Your claim =
that the FAA &quot;wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane that does =
not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything in danger like all =
aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of course the license is not =
free&quot; is factually incorrect.&nbsp; The truth is here: <a =
href=3D"https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/">https://www.faa.gov/uas/=
model_aircraft/</a>&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br>It took all of 10 seconds of =
internet searching to find this, although I was probably already more =
informed about this than you ever will be because I'm a private pilot =
and have been following this topic in the news and aviation publications =
for quite a while.&nbsp; Yes, pilots really are concerned about this as =
there have already been several reported instances of 'near misses' with =
both commercial and general aviation aircraft.&nbsp; And, your 7lb RC =
aircraft could do significant damage--possibly even cause a crash (birds =
have brought down aircraft, see <a =
href=3D"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549">https://en.=
wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549</a>)--to a light aircraft =
traveling at speeds in excess of 100MPH, and the airlines are rightfully =
concerned about someone flying one of the larger drones into an airliner =
full of passengers (don't think it could happen? Ever hear about the =
idiots pointing lasers at aircraft?).&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br>California is =
such a terrible place for RC aircraft enthusiasts they build special =
'airports'--there's one in nearby Livermore--so that the RC people have =
their own runway, airspace and parking to indulge their hobby.&nbsp; At =
the park I often run at--Rancho San Antonio in Los Altos--the RC people =
had their own area and there were some conflicts so the terrible =
California people said &quot;Hey, let's fence off part of the park for =
the RC aircraft people and tell others to stay the hell away from =
it.&quot;&nbsp; Problem solved.&nbsp; And, your attempt to conflate a =
federal agency, the FAA--ever ask yourself what the big 'F' stands =
for?--with the state of California get's an 'A' for creativity, but an =
'F' for veracity.&nbsp; Side note: the FAA rules seem onerous at =
times--the FAR, the book of regulations for pilots, is 2-3 inches thick =
of fine print--but I respect them because most were written because =
somebody--often, a lot of somebodies--died.&nbsp; The FAA is indeed =
struggling with this, as they are trying to balance the 'rights' of the =
RC/drone people with the rights of everybody else.<br><br>I could go on, =
but I'm probably pushing the limit on message size, but I'll say one =
more thing: Apparently, you moved to California in '71 because =
California afforded you an opportunity for a good career; a career that =
has done so well for you that you are now able to contemplate =
retirement.&nbsp; Yet you can't resist taking a swipe at the very state =
that afforded you this opportunity and enabled you to =
prosper.<br><br>Don't let the door hit you on the way =
out.<br><br>Cheers,<br>Bob<br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 2/13/2016 10:22 PM, Michael MacLean =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1455427533455_60610"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'>I moved here in 1971. It was a very different =
place back then.&nbsp; Not as crowded and not as regulated in all =
aspects of life.&nbsp; These days you can't keep up with all the nanny =
state laws being passed every year.&nbsp; You can be a law abiding =
citizen one day and a potential felon the next.&nbsp; Every year brings =
more regulations and control over almost everything you do.&nbsp; Let's =
not get started on the gun control issue.&nbsp; Now they can take all =
your firearms with no crime having been committed. All someone has to do =
is convince a judge you MIGHT do something to yourself or someone =
else.&nbsp; If that is not the thought police, I don't know what =
is.&nbsp; Yes, you don't have to smog a car made before 1975, but every =
year some lame brain democrat will introduce a bill to make ALL cars =
have to undergo smog either retro actively or be destroyed even though =
they do not contribute even 1 percent of the smog to California.&nbsp; =
That bimbo from the San Francisco are Fran Pavley tried to get all =
motorcycles have to undergo smog tests retroactively back many years =
over a certain engine size.&nbsp; Never mind motorcycles are not ridden =
as much or as often as automobiles or are a mall percentage of all =
vehicles on the road.&nbsp; Luckily it was defeated.&nbsp; It all =
started going down hill when the legislature in California went for =
being is session for six months out of the year to year round.&nbsp; Yes =
Bob I do feel free to leave this quagmire of rules and control of =
personal liberties. Every one of my hobbies I will pursue when I retire =
is now being controlled by either the state of California or as in my =
radio control hobby the federal government being the FAA in =
particular.&nbsp; The FAA wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane that =
does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything in danger like =
all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of course the license is =
not free.&nbsp; You have to pay for the government to control you.&nbsp; =
I retire from the railroad at the end of the year and am seriously =
eyeing Arizona as a retirement destination.&nbsp; At least there I don't =
worry about&nbsp; an new firearm law being passed every 5 =
minutes.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'>Mike MacLean&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D16715.69499860--

--===============8762421267740647352==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8762421267740647352==--