Subject: [Healeys] Interesting comment from a dealer

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 10:11:40 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2381134717492631159==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_04A4_01D15FFD.9BD1D640"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_04A4_01D15FFD.9BD1D640
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thought you Healeyphiles might enjoy this.  This attitude might explain why
there are so many BJ8s running around now that have lost their original
identities and acquired new ones.  People need to pay special attention to
the correct identity of a car when they are considering buying it.

A BJ8 was recently advertised by LBI, Ltd. as HBJ8L/25366 -- a Phase 1 VIN.
However, both the VIN plate and the body plate are from a BJ7.

I inquired twice about the reason for the discrepancy, and this is the
response.  Note the last sentence:

Hi Steve,

   Yes, we noticed this as well and traced it back to a simple mistake. The
tags to this car were put on another car and vice versa, everything has
since been switched and corrected. We just need to take new photos. Minor
issue, thankfully it's not an important car! 

Regards,
 <http://www.LBILimited.com> www.LBILimited.com

Next Generation Car Guys 

> Please answer this guy and need to get it resolved. 

> -------- Original Message --------

> Subject: Current, Past or Offsite  Offerings Inquiry

> Subject: [your-subject]

> Name: [your-name

> Message Body:

> Hello, 

> I inquired about this car about a week ago, but have not received a
response.  You advertise the VIN as HBJ8L25366, which is a Phase 1 BJ8
number, but the photo of the VIN plate shows it reads HBJ7L24221, and the
body plate above it reads 3160 BJ7 60118.  Both of these numbers obviously
belong to a BJ7, not a BJ8.  What is the explanation for these
discrepancies?

> Thank you for a response.

> Vehicle inquiring about: 1964 Austin Healey 3000 MKIII

> Phone: 252-447-8812

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC  

------=_NextPart_000_04A4_01D15FFD.9BD1D640
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:Consolas;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.PlainTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Plain Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text";
	font-family:Consolas;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>Thought you =
Healeyphiles might enjoy this.&nbsp; This attitude might explain why =
there are so many BJ8s running around now that have lost their original =
identities and acquired new ones.&nbsp; People need to pay special =
attention to the correct identity of a car when they are considering =
buying it.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>A BJ8 was recently advertised by LBI, Ltd. as =
HBJ8L/25366 -- a Phase 1 VIN.&nbsp; However, both the VIN plate and the =
body plate are from a BJ7.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>I inquired twice about the reason for the =
discrepancy, and this is the response.&nbsp; Note the last =
sentence:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>Hi Steve,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes, we noticed this as well and =
traced it back to a simple mistake. The tags to this car were put on =
another car and vice versa, everything has since been switched and =
corrected. We just need to take new photos. <b>Minor issue, thankfully =
it's not an important car! <o:p></o:p></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>Regards,<br><a =
href=3D"http://www.LBILimited.com"><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext;text-decoration:none'>www.LBILimited.com</span>=
</a><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>Next Generation Car Guys =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; Please answer this guy and need to get it =
resolved. <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; -------- Original =
Message --------<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; Subject: =
Current, Past or Offsite&nbsp; Offerings Inquiry<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText> <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; From: =
Steve Byers &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext;text-decoration:none'>[email-masked]</span></=
a>&gt;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; Subject: =
[your-subject]<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; Name: =
[your-name<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; Email: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext;text-decoration:none'>[email-masked]</span></=
a><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; Message =
Body:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; Hello, =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; I inquired about this car =
about a week ago, but have not received a response.&nbsp; You advertise =
the VIN as HBJ8L25366, which is a Phase 1 BJ8 number, but the photo of =
the VIN plate shows it reads HBJ7L24221, and the body plate above it =
reads 3160 BJ7 60118.&nbsp; Both of these numbers obviously belong to a =
BJ7, not a BJ8.&nbsp; What is the explanation for these =
discrepancies?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; Thank you for a =
response.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; Vehicle inquiring about: 1964 Austin Healey =
3000 MKIII<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; Phone: =
252-447-8812<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve =
Byers<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 Registry<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_04A4_01D15FFD.9BD1D640--

--===============2381134717492631159==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2381134717492631159==--

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 8:42:59 -0500

I certainly agree with THIS car, but Hopefully this won't lead to a general suspicion of all BJ8's. I can tell you on mine that at its' early age it was stolen in Boston.  It was found several years later on the back streets of Boston and the VIN plate had been removed and replaced by a homemade strip of Al with "3000" etched in it. I bought the car 36 years ago and had the proper VIN traced using the other car numbers, which were intact.  I then had it registered in Indiana using the original VIN #.  (all this info was supplied to Steve by me when I allowed him to add my car to his BJ8 list).

I have had the "originality" of my car questioned once (and no offense Steve, by Steve) because the VIN had been replaced.

When you consider that ----
1.  The car is exactly as described in the Heritage Cert.
2.  It was shipped to Boston as new.
3.  It was stolen in Boston.
4.  It was found in Boston.
5.  It was Healey Blue
6.  All other car numbers corresponded to the VIN# supplied by the Heritage.
7.  There has never to my knowledge been any other car registered or attempted to be registered using my VIN.---in the 36 years I have owned it.

There then is no question about the proper VIN and other numbers for my BJ8.

I believe there have been any number of reasons why VIN plates have been removed and replaced on these cars, so just because they have, doesn't, by itself, place suspicion on them.  Some have been replaced because they were unreadable.  You must look at the overall history, car type vs parts, other numbers, etc.

I just hope when info is given out from info we supply about our cars to the various lists, that there are no "conclusions" given out unless the keeper of the lists is absolutely sure of what he says, and refers the potential buyer to the owner.  
tom

---- BJ8Healeys <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============

Hi Steve,

Regards,

Next Generation Car Guys 

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC  

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 13:34:48 -0500

Then with that reasoning it is safe to say that most Dispicable BJ 8,s are suspicous.

J8Healeys <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============
Tom, when you have seen as many BJ8s worldwide as I have that have lost their original identities, you have to be suspicious of any car that has anomalies with the identity plates.  There are an incredible number of owners who have cars like that and don't even know it because they don't recognize the VIN plate as a reproduction, that the body number plate is for a second car, the engine serial number is missing, the number on the shock tower is a third car.....

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Felts [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2016 8:43 AM
To: BJ8Healeys; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Interesting comment from a dealer

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 19:41:33 +0100

That's why some of us are so grateful for your help.At one time I was worried that my car could have been one of those mongrels, but we eventually pieced together the mystery...I just wish I had the original speedometer in kilometres!

Stephen 

Sent from my iPad

> On Feb 7, 2016, at 7:34 PM, Tom Felts <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> 
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 
> 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> 
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 22:54:36 -0500

Everyone-----please disregard the "despicable" comment-------I sent the msg from my mobile and it seemed to want to change the word I put and add this without me knowing it.  

Sorry.
tom
---- Tom Felts <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============

=============

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Felts [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2016 8:43 AM
To: BJ8Healeys; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Interesting comment from a dealer

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 20:35:29 -0800

Us BJ8 owners just figured you were jealous.

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 8:44:38 -0500

Nope------I ARE one:):)

tom
65 BJ8

---- Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============

[email-masked]

[email-masked]