Subject: Re: [Healeys] Shipping Healey to Europe

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 17:20:36 +0100 (MET)

--===============4901545805505290608==
	boundary="----=_Part_477063_1745055710.1454775636685"

------=_Part_477063_1745055710.1454775636685
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Randy,

Cannot give you a definite answer, even I might be involved organising the 
Concours competition at the event.

Best I think to address this to the organisers of the European Meet. They 
should be able to sort it.

We are doing a big Black Forest event organised by the UK Club this year 
and I am heavily involved in this. But we have no participants from 
overseas.

Josef Eckert

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: [Healeys] Shipping Healey to Europe

Datum: 2016-02-06T16:47:06+0100

Von: "Randy Hicks" <[email-masked]>

An: "Healey List" <[email-masked]>

Greetings, there are several of us interested in shipping our Healeys to 
Europe for the 2018 5th European Meeting. We are just starting to explore 
the options. We expect to tour after the event.
 
Those of you who have shipped in or out of Europe, can you recommend a 
cargo company?
 
Also the port charges, duties and custom fees seem quite expensive. Do 
these change with country/port? and do you have recommended ports that are 
easier to work with than others?
 
This is new to us so we would appreciate any info you can share and will 
take this off-line going forward.
 
Thanks for any help.
 
Randy
 
Randy Hicks
Austin Healey Concours Registry Committee
AHCA 100 Registrar
www.austinhealey100m.com <http://www.austinhealey100m.com>
------=_Part_477063_1745055710.1454775636685
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/><title></title></head><body><p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">Hi Randy,</span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">Cannot give you a definite answer, even I might be involved organising the Concours competition at the event.</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">Best I think to address this to the organisers of the European Meet. They should be able to sort it.</span></span></span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">We are doing a big Black Forest event organised by the UK Club this year and I am heavily involved in this. But we have no participants from overseas.</span></span></span></span></span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">Josef Eckert</span></span></span></span></span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>-----Original-Nachricht-----</p>
<p>Betreff: [Healeys] Shipping Healey to Europe</p>
<p>Datum: 2016-02-06T16:47:06+0100</p>
<p>Von: "Randy Hicks" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</p>
<p>An: "Healey List" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<div style="position: relative; color: #000000; font: 12px Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Greetings, there are several of us interested in shipping our Healeys to Europe for the 2018 5th European Meeting. We are just starting to explore the options. We expect to tour after the event.
<div class="">&nbsp;</div>
<div class="">Those of you who have shipped in or out of Europe, can you recommend a cargo company?</div>
<div class="">&nbsp;</div>
<div class="">Also the port charges, duties and custom fees seem quite expensive. Do these change with country/port? and do you have recommended ports that are easier to work with than others?</div>
<div class="">&nbsp;</div>
<div class="">This is new to us so we would appreciate any info you can share and will take this off-line going forward.</div>
<div class="">&nbsp;</div>
<div class="">Thanks for any help.</div>
<div class="">&nbsp;</div>
<div class="">Randy</div>
<div class="">
<div class="" style="color: #000000; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">
<div class="" style="color: #000000; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">
<div class="">&nbsp;</div>
<div class="">Randy Hicks</div>
<div class="">Austin Healey Concours Registry Committee</div>
<div class="">AHCA 100 Registrar</div>
<div class=""><a class="" href="http://www.austinhealey100m.com">www.austinhealey100m.com</a></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div></body></html>
------=_Part_477063_1745055710.1454775636685--

--===============4901545805505290608==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4901545805505290608==--

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 19:32:52 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0928450700441560009==
 boundary="------------050008090509010100090204"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------050008090509010100090204
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

To avoid paying custom fees etc. one should enquire and apply for 
permission for a temporary import beforehand to the customs in the 
country of arrival. Also make sure the car is technically in order to 
meat technical EU standards, e.g. MOT/TüV/APK or whatever it is called 
in the various countries.
One should also mention that you will be crossing borders within Europe 
so will only have to apply once and not every time you cross a border. 
Check with your insurer if you are sufficiently covered. Most countries 
will have application forms in English but of course it might be easier 
to ship to the UK and travel from there, easy enough with plenty of 
ferries across the channel plus a car train under it.
Kees Oudesluijs

  Op 6-2-2016 om 16:43 schreef Randy Hicks:
> Greetings, there are several of us interested in shipping our Healeys 
> to Europe for the 2018 5th European Meeting. We are just starting to 
> explore the options. We expect to tour after the event.
>
> these change with country/port? and do you have recommended ports that 
> are easier to work with than others?
>
> This is new to us so we would appreciate any info you can share and 
> will take this off-line going forward.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Randy
>
> Randy Hicks
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2016.0.7357 / Virusdatabase: 4522/11563 - datum van uitgifte: 
> 02/05/16
>

--------------050008090509010100090204
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
      To avoid paying custom fees etc. one should enquire and apply for
      permission for a temporary import beforehand to the customs in the
      country of arrival. Also make sure the car is technically in order
      to meat technical EU standards, e.g. MOT/TüV/APK or whatever it is
      called in the various countries.<br>
      One should also mention that you will be crossing borders within
      Europe so will only have to apply once and not every time you
      cross a border. Check with your insurer if you are sufficiently
      covered. Most countries will have application forms in English but
      of course it might be easier to ship to the UK and travel from
      there, easy enough with plenty of ferries across the channel plus
      a car train under it.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      <br>
       Op 6-2-2016 om 16:43 schreef Randy Hicks:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=us-ascii">
      Greetings, there are several of us interested in shipping our
      Healeys to Europe for the 2018 5th European Meeting. We are just
      starting to explore the options. We expect to tour after the
      event.
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">Those of you who have shipped in or out of Europe,
        can you recommend a cargo company?</div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">Also the port charges, duties and custom fees seem
        quite expensive. Do these change with country/port? and do you
        have recommended ports that are easier to work with than others?</div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">This is new to us so we would appreciate any info
        you can share and will take this off-line going forward.</div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">Thanks for any help.</div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">Randy</div>
      <div class="">
        <div class="">
          <div class="">
            <div class=""><br class="">
            </div>
            <div class="">Randy Hicks</div>
            <div class="">Austin Healey Concours Registry Committee</div>
            <div class="">AHCA 100 Registrar</div>
            <div class=""><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.austinhealey100m.com" class="">www.austinhealey100m.com</a></div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br class="">
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=us-ascii">
      <p class="">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2016.0.7357 / Virusdatabase: 4522/11563 - datum van
        uitgifte: 02/05/16</p>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------050008090509010100090204--

--===============0928450700441560009==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0928450700441560009==--

---

From: "Skip Saunders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 18:10:20 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5970745731587407443==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00B4_01D16109.A49F7A90"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00B4_01D16109.A49F7A90
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Check with Steve Bell (=93Sprite Guy=94) =85. I don=92t think he is on =
the list, but
you might be able to check with him through the Austin Healey Club=85 he =
is
often published in the magazines.   He has arranged several trips =
overseas
for Healeys

=20

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
Oudesluys
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2016 1:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Shipping Healey to Europe

=20

To avoid paying custom fees etc. one should enquire and apply for =
permission
for a temporary import beforehand to the customs in the country of =
arrival.
Also make sure the car is technically in order to meat technical EU
standards, e.g. MOT/T=FCV/APK or whatever it is called in the various
countries.
One should also mention that you will be crossing borders within Europe =
so
will only have to apply once and not every time you cross a border. =
Check
with your insurer if you are sufficiently covered. Most countries will =
have
application forms in English but of course it might be easier to ship to =
the
UK and travel from there, easy enough with plenty of ferries across the
channel plus a car train under it.
Kees Oudesluijs

Greetings, there are several of us interested in shipping our Healeys to
Europe for the 2018 5th European Meeting. We are just starting to =
explore
the options. We expect to tour after the event.=20

=20

Those of you who have shipped in or out of Europe, can you recommend a =
cargo
company?

=20

Also the port charges, duties and custom fees seem quite expensive. Do =
these
change with country/port? and do you have recommended ports that are =
easier
to work with than others?

=20

=20

Thanks for any help.

=20

Randy

=20

Randy Hicks

AHCA 100 Registrar

www.austinhealey100m.com

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
=20
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
=20

Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
Versie: 2016.0.7357 / Virusdatabase: 4522/11563 - datum van uitgifte:
02/05/16

=20

------=_NextPart_000_00B4_01D16109.A49F7A90
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta name=3DGenerator =
content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:"Consolas","serif";
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Check with Steve Bell (&#8220;Sprite Guy&#8221;) &#8230;. I =
don&#8217;t think he is on the list, but you might be able to check with =
him through the Austin Healey Club&#8230; he is often published in the =
magazines.=A0=A0 He has arranged several trips overseas for =
Healeys<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:windowt=
ext'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:windowt=
ext'> Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Oudesluys<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, February 06, 2016 1:33 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
Shipping Healey to Europe<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><br>To =
avoid paying custom fees etc. one should enquire and apply for =
permission for a temporary import beforehand to the customs in the =
country of arrival. Also make sure the car is technically in order to =
meat technical EU standards, e.g. MOT/T=FCV/APK or whatever it is called =
in the various countries.<br>One should also mention that you will be =
crossing borders within Europe so will only have to apply once and not =
every time you cross a border. Check with your insurer if you are =
sufficiently covered. Most countries will have application forms in =
English but of course it might be easier to ship to the UK and travel =
from there, easy enough with plenty of ferries across the channel plus a =
car train under it.<br>Kees Oudesluijs<br><br><br>&nbsp;Op 6-2-2016 om =
16:43 schreef Randy Hicks:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Greetings, there are several of us interested in =
shipping our Healeys to Europe for the 2018 5th European Meeting. We are =
just starting to explore the options. We expect to tour after the event. =
<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Those of you who have shipped in or out of Europe, can =
you recommend a cargo company?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Also the port charges, duties and custom fees seem =
quite expensive. Do these change with country/port? and do you have =
recommended ports that are easier to work with than =
others?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>This is new to us so we would appreciate any info you =
can share and will take this off-line going =
forward.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks for any help.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Randy<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Randy Hicks<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Austin Healey Concours Registry =
Committee<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>AHCA 100 =
Registrar<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"http://www.austinhealey100m.com">www.austinhealey100m.com</a><o:p=
></o:p></p></div></div></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><pre>___________________=
____________________________<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Support Team.Net <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Suggested annual donation=A0 =
$12.75<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><o:p>=
</o:p></pre><pre>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><o:p></=
o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><o:p></o=
:p></pre><pre><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p><=
/pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.=
nl">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</=
a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Geen virus =
gevonden in dit bericht.<br>Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a =
href=3D"http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>Versie: 2016.0.7357 / =
Virusdatabase: 4522/11563 - datum van uitgifte: =
02/05/16<o:p></o:p></p></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00B4_01D16109.A49F7A90--

--===============5970745731587407443==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5970745731587407443==--