Subject: Re: [Healeys] 1959 BN4

From: "Graeme Molony" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 14:12:11 +1100

Chris

Your assumption is correct as to where the brackets are located mounted to
the backrest unfortunately I don't have any photo's but if you have a parts
manual it will show how they are mounted

The other bracket which is about 90% complete is the check strap off of the
door which keeps the door open.

Not sure which side it is off of You can't tell from the photo but you will
find it either has a right hand or left hand thread on it which determines
either right hand or left hand door. I think these may originally have been
zinc plated rather than painted the missing piece was chrome plated
and looks a bit like a sombrero

Cheers

Graeme M

-----Original Message----- 
From: Chris Scholz
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 11:19 AM
To: Austin Healey
Subject: [Healeys] 1959 BN4

I am doing the interior on my restoration of my '59 BN4. The rear bench seat
was zip tied when I bought it.  I assume these rectangular brackets screw
into the backrest and then you slide it in those metal brackets bolted to
the rear wheel well where the kick panels slide into?  Any photos of how
everything attaches?  And what is this other bracket with the hinged pieces
used for?  Thanks and I apologize for my ignorance!

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys