Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 top frame

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 14:30:30 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2690101_577866011.1454337030549
	boundary="----=_Part_2690100_996683215.1454337030543"

------=_Part_2690100_996683215.1454337030543
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Now that I've had a chance to put the top frame on my car, I'm having trouble lining up the two halves of the part that surrounds the windows. It went together properly when off the car, so it looks like the little rubber bump stops that screw into the chrome surround are preventing the upright half of the window frame from resting down far enough.Anyone have experience with this?I've attached a photo and, yes, I know that the vinyl cladding is not the proper cream colour.
Thanks,Stephen BJ8

------=_Part_2690100_996683215.1454337030543
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; f=
ont-family:HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, =
sans-serif;font-size:16px"><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1454281214477_7975">Now =
that I've had a chance to put the top frame on my car, I'm having trouble l=
ining up the two halves of the part that surrounds the windows. It went tog=
ether properly when off the car, so it looks like the little rubber bump st=
ops that screw into the chrome surround are preventing the upright half of =
the window frame from resting down far enough.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1=
_1454281214477_8099">Anyone have experience with this?</div><div id=3D"yui_=
3_16_0_1_1454281214477_8121" dir=3D"ltr">I've attached a photo and, yes, I =
know that the vinyl cladding is not the proper cream colour.</div><div id=
=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1454281214477_9250" dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div id=3D"yui_3=
_16_0_1_1454281214477_9479" dir=3D"ltr">Thanks,</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_=
1_1454281214477_9360" dir=3D"ltr">Stephen BJ8<img id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_145428=
1214477_9359" class=3D"ymail-preserve-class inline-image-guid-01a8c958-cd02=
-dd25-58b9-70e0bc6f62b9 rte-inline-saved-image" src=3D"cid:33814125-140a-aa=
[email-masked]" data-id=3D"inline-image-guid-01a8c958-cd02-=
dd25-58b9-70e0bc6f62b9" alt=3D"Inline image" style=3D"width:100%;max-width:=
800px;max-height:600px;"><br><br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_2690100_996683215.1454337030543--

------=_Part_2690101_577866011.1454337030549
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="Top frame window opening.jpg"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_Part_2690101_577866011.1454337030549
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Top frame window opening.jpg"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_Part_2690101_577866011.1454337030549
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_Part_2690101_577866011.1454337030549--

---

From: "David Nock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 08:26:10 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0239553099491878745==
	type="multipart/alternative";
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_019E_01D15CCA.349D2C80"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_019E_01D15CCA.349D2C80
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_019F_01D15CCA.349D5390"

------=_NextPart_001_019F_01D15CCA.349D5390
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Add some shims under the front studs of the frame. This will angle the =
frame plate and raise the rear of the upper wood trim.

David Nock
[email-masked]
209 948 8767
www.britishcarspecialists.com

From: Stephen Hutchings=20
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 6:30 AM
To: Healeys List=20
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 top frame

Now that I've had a chance to put the top frame on my car, I'm having =
trouble lining up the two halves of the part that surrounds the windows. =
It went together properly when off the car, so it looks like the little =
rubber bump stops that screw into the chrome surround are preventing the =
upright half of the window frame from resting down far enough.
Anyone have experience with this?
I've attached a photo and, yes, I know that the vinyl cladding is not =
the proper cream colour.

Thanks,
Stephen BJ8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_001_019F_01D15CCA.349D5390
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Add some shims under the front studs of the frame. This will angle =
the=20
frame plate and raise the rear of the upper wood trim.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: =
#000000">David=20
Nock<BR>[email-masked]<BR>209 948=20
8767<BR>www.britishcarspecialists.com</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Stephen Hutchings</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Monday, February 01, 2016 6:30 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Healeys List</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [Healeys] BJ8 top frame</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: helveticaneue, helvetica neue, =
helvetica, arial, lucida grande, sans-serif; COLOR: #000; =
BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff">
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1454281214477_7975>Now that I've had a chance to =
put the=20
top frame on my car, I'm having trouble lining up the two halves of the =
part=20
that surrounds the windows. It went together properly when off the car, =
so it=20
looks like the little rubber bump stops that screw into the chrome =
surround are=20
preventing the upright half of the window frame from resting down far=20
enough.</DIV>
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1454281214477_8099>Anyone have experience with =
this?</DIV>
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1454281214477_8121 dir=3Dltr>I've attached a =
photo and, yes,=20
I know that the vinyl cladding is not the proper cream colour.</DIV>
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1454281214477_9250 dir=3Dltr>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1454281214477_9479 dir=3Dltr>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1454281214477_9360 dir=3Dltr>Stephen BJ8<IMG=20
id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1454281214477_9359=20
class=3D"ymail-preserve-class =
inline-image-guid-01a8c958-cd02-dd25-58b9-70e0bc6f62b9 =
rte-inline-saved-image"=20
style=3D"MAX-WIDTH: 800px; WIDTH: 100%; MAX-HEIGHT: 600px" alt=3D"Inline =
image"=20
src=3D"cid:585D8B51EB0740A9B3027FE8D904EEB4@DavidNockHP"=20
data-id=3D"inline-image-guid-01a8c958-cd02-dd25-58b9-70e0bc6f62b9"><BR><B=
R></DIV></DIV>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>Support Team.Net=20
$12.75<BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<BR>Forums:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR><BR>=
</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_019F_01D15CCA.349D5390--

------=_NextPart_000_019E_01D15CCA.349D2C80
	name="Top frame window opening.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <585D8B51EB0740A9B3027FE8D904EEB4@DavidNockHP>

------=_NextPart_000_019E_01D15CCA.349D2C80--

--===============0239553099491878745==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0239553099491878745==--

---

From: Larry Wendland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 11:32:41 -0500

Stephen,  Do you have the shim packs that go under the frame mount where it attaches to the car body?  That can influence the way the frame sites in the erected position. Just a thought.

Larry
'67 BJ8

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
To: Healeys List <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Feb 1, 2016 9:33 am
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 top frame

Now that I've had a chance to put the top frame on my car, I'm having trouble lining up the two halves of the part that surrounds the windows. It went together properly when off the car, so it looks like the little rubber bump stops that screw into the chrome surround are preventing the upright half of the window frame from resting down far enough.
Anyone have experience with this?
I've attached a photo and, yes, I know that the vinyl cladding is not the proper cream colour.

Thanks,
Stephen BJ8

[email-masked]

[email-masked]