Subject: [Healeys] Shipping Healey to Europe

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 10:43:38 -0500

--===============3395528010003411218==

--Apple-Mail=_CC6EA1C3-61C2-4319-ABA0-BACD6DCEED8A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Greetings, there are several of us interested in shipping our Healeys to =
Europe for the 2018 5th European Meeting. We are just starting to =
explore the options. We expect to tour after the event.

Those of you who have shipped in or out of Europe, can you recommend a =
cargo company?

Also the port charges, duties and custom fees seem quite expensive. Do =
these change with country/port? and do you have recommended ports that =
are easier to work with than others?

This is new to us so we would appreciate any info you can share and will =
take this off-line going forward.

Thanks for any help.

Randy

Randy Hicks
Austin Healey Concours Registry Committee
AHCA 100 Registrar
www.austinhealey100m.com

--Apple-Mail=_CC6EA1C3-61C2-4319-ABA0-BACD6DCEED8A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">Greetings, there are several of us interested in shipping our =
Healeys to Europe for the 2018 5th European Meeting. We are just =
starting to explore the options. We expect to tour after the event.<div =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Those of you who have =
shipped in or out of Europe, can you recommend a cargo =
company?</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Also =
the port charges, duties and custom fees seem quite expensive. Do these =
change with country/port? and do you have recommended ports that are =
easier to work with than others?</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">This is new to us so we would =
appreciate any info you can share and will take this off-line going =
forward.</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Thanks =
for any help.</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">Randy</div><div class=3D""><div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;" class=3D""><div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;" class=3D""><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">Randy Hicks</div><div class=3D"">Austin Healey Concours =
Registry Committee</div><div class=3D"">AHCA 100 Registrar</div><div =
class=3D""><a href=3D"http://www.austinhealey100m.com" =
class=3D"">www.austinhealey100m.com</a></div></div></div>
</div>
<br class=3D""></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_CC6EA1C3-61C2-4319-ABA0-BACD6DCEED8A--

--===============3395528010003411218==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3395528010003411218==--

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 18:08:45 -0500

I ad about 14 others did that in 2001.  Steve Bell did all the set up work and has since done another trip abroad, I believe.  He can give you some guidance.

We shipped out of Port Elizabeth, NJ, using International Specialists---roll on - roll off.  We needed:
original title of car.
cars had to be consigned to ISI individually.
cars had to be in port and shipped about 3 weeks before we left to fly to Europe.
cars were put in a guarded parking lot at the port.
cars could have nothing left in them except spare tire and jack---nothing else (although I did hide some things behind the fuel pipe cover)
gas tank could have no more than I/4 tank of gas.
cars were driven, by them, onto the ship and chained to the axle to the deck.  I added tie downs in the front of my car to aid in this.
We were advised to buy additional car insurance since the shipper only covered "total loss"----Marine insurance.
We had to pay a "processing fee" at the dock which was $150.00 at the time.

IIRC, I applied for and got a green card and got authorization and additional insurance from Hagerty for the car.

Steve can give you much more info.
tom

---- Oudesluys <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============

To avoid paying custom fees etc. one should enquire and apply for 
permission for a temporary import beforehand to the customs in the 
country of arrival. Also make sure the car is technically in order to 
meat technical EU standards, e.g. MOT/TüV/APK or whatever it is called 
in the various countries.
One should also mention that you will be crossing borders within Europe 
so will only have to apply once and not every time you cross a border. 
Check with your insurer if you are sufficiently covered. Most countries 
will have application forms in English but of course it might be easier 
to ship to the UK and travel from there, easy enough with plenty of 
ferries across the channel plus a car train under it.
Kees Oudesluijs

  Op 6-2-2016 om 16:43 schreef Randy Hicks:
> Greetings, there are several of us interested in shipping our Healeys 
> to Europe for the 2018 5th European Meeting. We are just starting to 
> Those of you who have shipped in or out of Europe, can you recommend a 
> cargo company?
>
> Also the port charges, duties and custom fees seem quite expensive. Do 
> these change with country/port? and do you have recommended ports that 
> This is new to us so we would appreciate any info you can share and 
> will take this off-line going forward.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Randy
>
> Randy Hicks
> www.austinhealey100m.com <http://www.austinhealey100m.com>
>
>
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2016.0.7357 / Virusdatabase: 4522/11563 - datum van uitgifte: 
> 02/05/16
>

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]