Subject: Re: [Healeys] get a load of this one..

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 8:25:56 -0500

I'm going to assume that maybe someone else has said this, but to me these kinds of political BS comments has no place on this list.  
Tom
---- Michael MacLean <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============
I moved here in 1971. It was a very different place back then.  Not as crowded and not as regulated in all aspects of life.  These days you can't keep up with all the nanny state laws being passed every year.  You can be a law abiding citizen one day and a potential felon the next.  Every year brings more regulations and control over almost everything you do.  Let's not get started on the gun control issue.  Now they can take all your firearms with no crime having been committed. All someone has to do is convince a judge you MIGHT do something to yourself or someone else.  If that is not the thought police, I don't know what is.  Yes, you don't have to smog a car made before 1975, but every year some lame brain democrat will introduce a bill to make ALL cars have to undergo smog either retro actively or be destroyed even though they do not contribute even 1 percent of the smog to California.  That bimbo from the San Francisco are Fran Pavley tried to get all motorcycles have to undergo smog tests retroactively back many years over a certain engine size.  Never mind motorcycles are not ridden as much or as often as automobiles or are a mall percentage of all vehicles on the road.  Luckily it was defeated.  It all started going down hill when the legislature in California went for being is session for six months out of the year to year round.  Yes Bob I do feel free to leave this quagmire of rules and control of personal liberties. Every one of my hobbies I will pursue when I retire is now being controlled by either the state of California or as in my radio control hobby the federal government being the FAA in particular.  The FAA wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane that does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything in danger like all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of course the license is not free.  You have to pay for the government to control you.  I retire from the railroad at the end of the year and am seriously eyeing Arizona as a retirement destination.  At least there I don't worry about  an new firearm law being passed every 5 minutes.Mike MacLean  

    On Friday, February 12, 2016 12:52 PM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:

 There is no 'tax' on installing K&N filters in California, and I've never seen any 'sticker' on the filters.  There is a sticker that comes with K&Ns--I bought one for my '96 Ranger many years ago--that you affix in a visible location in the engine bay that attests that the filter is in compliance with CARB rules.  We've had the truck smogged 8-9 times since then, with no issues.  See:
http://www.knfilters.com/streetlegal.htm

But, why let facts get in the way of California-bashing?  And, if 'Kalifornia' is so rotten, why did you move here (you aren't required to smog an out-of-state vehicle unless you are attempting to register it here; again, more of them pesky, fun-spoiling facts). And, none of our Healeys require smog testing in 'Kalifornia' (thanks Pete Wilson), and there are no mandatory, arbitrary 'safety' or 'roadworthy' inspections.
Feel free to leave California at any time.
Regards,
Bob

I had a K & N air filter on my German car when I took it from KY to Kalifornia. It did not have the Kalifornia special tax paid sticker on it so I was failed at the smog test.Rather than spend $350 to get the same thing with a sticker on it, I reinstalled the OEM system and passed no issue. I asked to be retested and the results were worse than with the K & N. Interesting what a little Kalifornia EPA mandated sticker can do: support the politicians ?

Regards,Richard C

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:18:36 -0500

--===============5475174729123634176==
	boundary="----=_Part_48139_723037447.1455463116885"

------=_Part_48139_723037447.1455463116885
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

This political BS is an example of why there are laws to regulate things. S=
elf regulation rarely works. Like keeping political comments off this list.=
=20
Gary
=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
To: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Cc: healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Feb 14, 2016 12:22 am
Subject: Re: [Healeys] get a load of this one..

I moved here in 1971. It was a very different place back then.  Not as crow=
ded and not as regulated in all aspects of life.  These days you can't keep=
 up with all the nanny state laws being passed every year.  You can be a la=
w abiding citizen one day and a potential felon the next.  Every year bring=
s more regulations and control over almost everything you do.  Let's not ge=
t started on the gun control issue.  Now they can take all your firearms wi=
th no crime having been committed. All someone has to do is convince a judg=
e you MIGHT do something to yourself or someone else.  If that is not the t=
hought police, I don't know what is.  Yes, you don't have to smog a car mad=
e before 1975, but every year some lame brain democrat will introduce a bil=
l to make ALL cars have to undergo smog either retro actively or be destroy=
ed even though they do not contribute even 1 percent of the smog to Califor=
nia.  That bimbo from the San Francisco are Fran Pavley tried to get all mo=
torcycles have to undergo smog tests retroactively back many years over a c=
ertain engine size.  Never mind motorcycles are not ridden as much or as of=
ten as automobiles or are a mall percentage of all vehicles on the road.  L=
uckily it was defeated.  It all started going down hill when the legislatur=
e in California went for being is session for six months out of the year to=
 year round.  Yes Bob I do feel free to leave this quagmire of rules and co=
ntrol of personal liberties. Every one of my hobbies I will pursue when I r=
etire is now being controlled by either the state of California or as in my=
 radio control hobby the federal government being the FAA in particular.  T=
he FAA wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane that does not fly out of my=
 sight or place anyone or anything in danger like all aircraft and make me =
be licensed to fly it. of course the license is not free.  You have to pay =
for the government to control you.  I retire from the railroad at the end o=
f the year and am seriously eyeing Arizona as a retirement destination.  At=
 least there I don't worry about  an new firearm law being passed every 5 m=
inutes.
Mike MacLean =20

=20

=20
=20
=20
=20

------=_Part_48139_723037447.1455463116885
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'2' face=3D'arial'>
<div>This&nbsp;political BS is an example of why there are laws to regulate=
 things.&nbsp;Self regulation rarely works. Like keeping political comments=
 off this list. </div>

<div>Gary</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Michael MacLean &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Bob Spidell &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Cc: healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Sun, Feb 14, 2016 12:22 am<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] get a load of this one..<br>
<br>

<div id=3D"AOLMsgPart_1.2_f1b838fc-5381-4a30-a232-50879d1d3d37">

<div class=3D"aolReplacedBody">
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: times new roman, new york, =
times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
<div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1455427533455_60610" dir=3D"ltr">I moved here in 19=
71. It was a very different place back then.&nbsp; Not as crowded and not a=
s regulated in all aspects of life.&nbsp; These days you can't keep up with=
 all the nanny state laws being passed every year.&nbsp; You can be a law a=
biding citizen one day and a potential felon the next.&nbsp; Every year bri=
ngs more regulations and control over almost everything you do.&nbsp; Let's=
 not get started on the gun control issue.&nbsp; Now they can take all your=
 firearms with no crime having been committed. All someone has to do is con=
vince a judge you MIGHT do something to yourself or someone else.&nbsp; If =
that is not the thought police, I don't know what is.&nbsp; Yes, you don't =
have to smog a car made before 1975, but every year some lame brain democra=
t will introduce a bill to make ALL cars have to undergo smog either retro =
actively or be destroyed even though they do not contribute even 1 percent =
of the smog to California.&nbsp; That bimbo from the San Francisco are Fran=
 Pavley tried to get all motorcycles have to undergo smog tests retroactive=
ly back many years over a certain engine size.&nbsp; Never mind motorcycles=
 are not ridden as much or as often as automobiles or are a mall percentage=
 of all vehicles on the road.&nbsp; Luckily it was defeated.&nbsp; It all s=
tarted going down hill when the legislature in California went for being is=
 session for six months out of the year to year round.&nbsp; Yes Bob I do f=
eel free to leave this quagmire of rules and control of personal liberties.=
 Every one of my hobbies I will pursue when I retire is now being controlle=
d by either the state of California or as in my radio control hobby the fed=
eral government being the FAA in particular.&nbsp; The FAA wants to treat m=
y 7 pound model airplane that does not fly out of my sight or place anyone =
or anything in danger like all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. =
of course the license is not free.&nbsp; You have to pay for the government=
 to control you.&nbsp; I retire from the railroad at the end of the year an=
d am seriously eyeing Arizona as a retirement destination.&nbsp; At least t=
here I don't worry about&nbsp; an new firearm law being passed every 5 minu=
tes.</div>

<div dir=3D"ltr">Mike MacLean&nbsp; <br>
</div>

<div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1455427533455_60186"><span></span></div>
=20
<div class=3D"qtdSeparateBR"><br>
<br>
</div>

<div class=3D"yahoo_quoted" style=3D"display: block;">=20
<div style=3D"font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-si=
ze: 16px;">=20
<div style=3D"font-family: HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial,=
 Lucida Grande, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">=20
<div dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Arial" size=3D"2">&nbsp;</font></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_48139_723037447.1455463116885--

--===============5475174729123634176==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5475174729123634176==--

---

From: "rrengineer.mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 19:27:40 -0800

--===============7100069075539561642==

----_com.android.email_607582654523520
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_607582654523520
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_607582654523520--

--===============7100069075539561642==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7100069075539561642==--

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 8:15:40 -0500

Wow--how lucky finding a car list that talks cars/politics/religion/race/who is an idiot and who is not/maybe a little profanity---on and on.  As difficult as it is to find a source for this type of stuff in todays world, maybe I should join the Spridget list.

---- "rrengineer.mike" <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============

Sorry. Used to the Spridgets list where we can say anything we want.Mike

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]> 
Date: 2/14/2016  5:25 AM  (GMT-08:00) 
To: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>, Michael MacLean <[email-masked]> 
Cc: healeys <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [Healeys] get a load of this one.. 

=============

Regards,Richard C

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

 

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 11:05:02 -0500

I will---The best my lame brain democrat brain can:):):)

tom
---- Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============
I felt his post, whilst political, certainly revolved around classic cars
and wasn't just some Trump/Sanders rant.  I didn't see any profanity
either.  He apologized, maybe cut him a teeny weeny bit of slack.

Speaking of California cars and politics - why is it that no one in
California seems to care that the State of California took 24 years to
build the East Bay span of the Bay Bridge... A job that would have taken
only 24 to 36 months in the rest of the US & world?  Not a single breath or
sneeze about corruption in California, amazing!  Maybe it would be good if
more people did speak up.

[email-masked]