Subject: Re: [Healeys] Restoration update 1959 BN4

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:49:31 -0800

Sounds like a fun prject. The only thing that comes to mins that you'll need the O2 sensors so you ECM can regulate the mixture.

"Nasty Boy" is what you'll have.

On Jan 11, 2015, at 4:42 PM, Chris Scholz wrote:

> Here is an update on my 100-6. It was first going to be a refresh of the iron 6. Then it was decided to paint the engine bay while the engine and tranny were out. Then the fenders were removed. Then the doors, trunk, hood. Then the seats, carpet and dash. Then the wiring and brake lines. And then the bonnet (front and rear ) was removed.  Finally, all the suspension and axles and gas tank are gone. We initially thought only the fenders and bottom of the doors had rust. After blasting with crushed glass and baking soda we found pinholes in the sills, the trunk floor pan, and the frame where the door hinges bolt to the frame. There were dents all through the aluminum shroud which had been filled with bondo. The good news is the frame is in perfect shape, including the outriggers. 
> My mechanic purchased my radiator, tranny and engine for $5k and I bought a used LS1 all aluminum V8 from a 2000 Z28 that is being refreshed this week. Front disc brakes from Denis Welch. Updating the rear with 3.54 gear and Quaife limited slip from a fellow Healey subscriber. Will probably buy an aluminum radiator from Wizard cooling with a 14" electric fan. Will have to figure out how much to trim the foot boxes to fit the bell housing. Hopefully no more than 1.5-2". Will be running exhaust on both sides of the car.   Will then modify the LS1 computer to remove the O2 sensor from the cats and to run the new corvette fuel pump and control the electric fan.  Will keep everyone updated through the fabrication. Thanks for the advice. 
> 
> 
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> Chris Scholz OD_______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> 
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Phil Jarrett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 21:46:11 -0500

We need to update the nasty boy name.... It is way out of date. I enjoy every Healey out there and every time I here it's a nasty boy my hair lifts off my neck. Modified would be a much softer designation for all...
Standing by for the flack
Cheers Phil

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 11, 2015, at 20:49, Wilko2 <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 

[email-masked]

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 20:27:53 -0800

Sounds good to me! A fine idea.

[email-masked]

---

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 09:45:47 -0000

Up to you guys, of course. Your cars to call what you want. However.....I
suppose that I've had my 3000 for nearly 20 years and been on this list for
most of that and never once did I think that the expression "nasty boy" had
any sort of pejorative content. Yes, "nasty" could have its connotations but
I'd always had a quite folksy image of guys making do with what materials
they had to hand.
And yes, of course I realize that plenty of these creations are actually
more sophisticated, complex and difficult to assemble than the originals.
And almost certainly pricier. 
Just my opinion; don't shoot.
Simon (who has always wanted a Cobra replica as long as it had a massive
V8).

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Phil
Jarrett
Sent: 12 January 2015 02:46
To: Wilko2
Cc: AustinHealey List
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Restoration update 1959 BN4

We need to update the nasty boy name.... It is way out of date. I enjoy
every Healey out there and every time I here it's a nasty boy my hair lifts
off my neck. Modified would be a much softer designation for all...
Standing by for the flack
Cheers Phil

Sent from my iPhone

> Sounds like a fun prject. The only thing that comes to mins that you'll
need the O2 sensors so you ECM can regulate the mixture.
>> Here is an update on my 100-6. It was first going to be a refresh of the
iron 6. Then it was decided to paint the engine bay while the engine and
tranny were out. Then the fenders were removed. Then the doors, trunk, hood.
Then the seats, carpet and dash. Then the wiring and brake lines. And then
the bonnet (front and rear ) was removed.  Finally, all the suspension and
axles and gas tank are gone. We initially thought only the fenders and
bottom of the doors had rust. After blasting with crushed glass and baking
soda we found pinholes in the sills, the trunk floor pan, and the frame
where the door hinges bolt to the frame. There were dents all through the
aluminum shroud which had been filled with bondo. The good news is the frame
is in perfect shape, including the outriggers. 
>> My mechanic purchased my radiator, tranny and engine for $5k and I bought
a used LS1 all aluminum V8 from a 2000 Z28 that is being refreshed this
week. Front disc brakes from Denis Welch. Updating the rear with 3.54 gear
and Quaife limited slip from a fellow Healey subscriber. Will probably buy
an aluminum radiator from Wizard cooling with a 14" electric fan. Will have
to figure out how much to trim the foot boxes to fit the bell housing.
Hopefully no more than 1.5-2". Will be running exhaust on both sides of the
car.   Will then modify the LS1 computer to remove the O2 sensor from the
cats and to run the new corvette fuel pump and control the electric fan.
Will keep everyone updated through the fabrication. Thanks for the advice. 
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual 
>> donation  $12.75
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual 
> donation  $12.75
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Chris Scholz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 06:25:44 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1257358194807924449==
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
	boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01D02E63.6CC4788B"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------_=_NextPart_001_01D02E63.6CC4788B
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I believe there are two O2 sensors.   The one on the cat will be gone.   =
The other is on the headers, which stays.

I am not only going for more power, but with lighter weight, taller =
gears, and fuel injection, I hope to have improved efficiency as well. =20

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys on behalf of Wilko2
Sent: Sun 1/11/2015 7:49 PM
Cc: AustinHealey List
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Restoration update 1959 BN4
=20
Sounds like a fun prject. The only thing that comes to mins that you'll =
need the O2 sensors so you ECM can regulate the mixture.

On Jan 11, 2015, at 4:42 PM, Chris Scholz wrote:

> Here is an update on my 100-6. It was first going to be a refresh of =
the iron 6. Then it was decided to paint the engine bay while the engine =
and tranny were out. Then the fenders were removed. Then the doors, =
trunk, hood. Then the seats, carpet and dash. Then the wiring and brake =
lines. And then the bonnet (front and rear ) was removed.  Finally, all =
the suspension and axles and gas tank are gone. We initially thought =
only the fenders and bottom of the doors had rust. After blasting with =
crushed glass and baking soda we found pinholes in the sills, the trunk =
floor pan, and the frame where the door hinges bolt to the frame. There =
were dents all through the aluminum shroud which had been filled with =
bondo. The good news is the frame is in perfect shape, including the =
outriggers.=20
> My mechanic purchased my radiator, tranny and engine for $5k and I =
bought a used LS1 all aluminum V8 from a 2000 Z28 that is being =
refreshed this week. Front disc brakes from Denis Welch. Updating the =
rear with 3.54 gear and Quaife limited slip from a fellow Healey =
subscriber. Will probably buy an aluminum radiator from Wizard cooling =
with a 14" electric fan. Will have to figure out how much to trim the =
foot boxes to fit the bell housing. Hopefully no more than 1.5-2". Will =
be running exhaust on both sides of the car.   Will then modify the LS1 =
computer to remove the O2 sensor from the cats and to run the new =
corvette fuel pump and control the electric fan.  Will keep everyone =
updated through the fabrication. Thanks for the advice.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
>=20

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=

------_=_NextPart_001_01D02E63.6CC4788B
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
6.5.7654.12">
<TITLE>RE: [Healeys] Restoration update 1959 BN4</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I believe there are two O2 sensors.&nbsp;&nbsp; The =
one on the cat will be gone.&nbsp;&nbsp; The other is on the headers, =
which stays.<BR>
<BR>
I am not only going for more power, but with lighter weight, taller =
gears, and fuel injection, I hope to have improved efficiency as =
well.&nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
-----Original Message-----<BR>
From: Healeys on behalf of Wilko2<BR>
Sent: Sun 1/11/2015 7:49 PM<BR>
Cc: AustinHealey List<BR>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Restoration update 1959 BN4<BR>
<BR>
Sounds like a fun prject. The only thing that comes to mins that you'll =
need the O2 sensors so you ECM can regulate the mixture.<BR>
<BR>
&quot;Nasty Boy&quot; is what you'll have.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On Jan 11, 2015, at 4:42 PM, Chris Scholz wrote:<BR>
<BR>
&gt; Here is an update on my 100-6. It was first going to be a refresh =
of the iron 6. Then it was decided to paint the engine bay while the =
engine and tranny were out. Then the fenders were removed. Then the =
doors, trunk, hood. Then the seats, carpet and dash. Then the wiring and =
brake lines. And then the bonnet (front and rear ) was removed.&nbsp; =
Finally, all the suspension and axles and gas tank are gone. We =
initially thought only the fenders and bottom of the doors had rust. =
After blasting with crushed glass and baking soda we found pinholes in =
the sills, the trunk floor pan, and the frame where the door hinges bolt =
to the frame. There were dents all through the aluminum shroud which had =
been filled with bondo. The good news is the frame is in perfect shape, =
including the outriggers.<BR>
&gt; My mechanic purchased my radiator, tranny and engine for $5k and I =
bought a used LS1 all aluminum V8 from a 2000 Z28 that is being =
refreshed this week. Front disc brakes from Denis Welch. Updating the =
rear with 3.54 gear and Quaife limited slip from a fellow Healey =
subscriber. Will probably buy an aluminum radiator from Wizard cooling =
with a 14&quot; electric fan. Will have to figure out how much to trim =
the foot boxes to fit the bell housing. Hopefully no more than =
1.5-2&quot;. Will be running exhaust on both sides of the =
car.&nbsp;&nbsp; Will then modify the LS1 computer to remove the O2 =
sensor from the cats and to run the new corvette fuel pump and control =
the electric fan.&nbsp; Will keep everyone updated through the =
fabrication. Thanks for the advice.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; &lt;photo.JPG&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; &lt;image.jpeg&gt;<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; Sent from my iPhone<BR>
&gt; Chris Scholz OD_______________________________________________<BR>
&gt; Support Team.Net <A =
HREF=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A><BR>
&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<BR>
&gt; Archive: <A =
HREF=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</A><BR>
&gt; Forums: <A =
HREF=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</A><BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; [email-masked]<BR>
&gt; <A =
HREF=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</A><BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <A =
HREF=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</A><BR>
&gt;<BR>
<BR>
_______________________________________________<BR>
HREF=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A><BR>
Archive: <A =
HREF=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</A><BR>
Forums: <A =
HREF=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</A><BR>
<BR>
[email-masked]<BR>
<A =
HREF=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</A><BR>
<BR>
HREF=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/drscholz@visioncent=
erpc.com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/drscholz@visionce=
nterpc.com</A><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01D02E63.6CC4788B--

--===============1257358194807924449==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1257358194807924449==--

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 10:43:22 -0500

--===============1631725244890871272==

--f46d0418251ec0243a050c765d32

As a Nasty Boy owner, I like the appellation.  The origin of the term, I've
heard, came from the UK when the sound of a V8 powered Healey rumbling
through the pits caused an onlooker to remark, "That's a nasty boy, isn't
it?"  I've had that same reaction to my car at shows or on tours and have
to say it's one of the most fun parts of the nasty experience.  "Nasty Boy"
is now traditional.  It's a uniquely Healey thing.  There are lots of
modified LBCs, but the only other marque I can think of that has a name for
their modifieds is Tigerized Sunbeam Alpines, known as "Algers", which is
nowhere near as cool as "Nasty Boy."  There definitely seems to have been a
change in attitude regarding modifieds over the years.  I remember some
truly epic battles on the list in years gone by between the concours guys
and the modifiers.  Happily, those seem to be ended.  Call us what you
want, we're just having too much fun driving our cars.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 4:45 AM, Simon Lachlan <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> Simon (who has always wanted a Cobra replica as long as it had a massive

--f46d0418251ec0243a050c765d32
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">As a Nasty Boy owner, I like the appellation.=C2=A0 The or=
igin of the term, I&#39;ve heard, came from the UK when the sound of a V8 p=
owered Healey rumbling through the pits caused an onlooker to remark, &quot=
;That&#39;s a nasty boy, isn&#39;t it?&quot; =C2=A0I&#39;ve had that same r=
eaction to my car at shows or on tours and have to say it&#39;s one of the =
most fun parts of the nasty experience. =C2=A0&quot;Nasty Boy&quot; is now =
traditional.=C2=A0 It&#39;s a uniquely Healey thing.=C2=A0 There are lots o=
f modified LBCs, but the only other marque I can think of that has a name f=
or their modifieds is Tigerized Sunbeam Alpines, known as &quot;Algers&quot=
;, which is nowhere near as cool as &quot;Nasty Boy.&quot; =C2=A0There defi=
nitely seems to have been a change in attitude regarding modifieds over the=
 years.=C2=A0 I remember some truly epic battles on the list in years gone =
by between the concours guys and the modifiers.=C2=A0 Happily, those seem t=
o be ended.=C2=A0 Call us what you want, we&#39;re just having too much fun=
 driving our cars.<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"=
>On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 4:45 AM, Simon Lachlan <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a hr=
ef=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">simon.lachlan@=
homecall.co.uk</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" s=
tyle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Up t=
o you guys, of course. Your cars to call what you want. However.....I<br>
suppose that I&#39;ve had my 3000 for nearly 20 years and been on this list=
 for<br>
most of that and never once did I think that the expression &quot;nasty boy=
&quot; had<br>
any sort of pejorative content. Yes, &quot;nasty&quot; could have its conno=
tations but<br>
I&#39;d always had a quite folksy image of guys making do with what materia=
ls<br>
they had to hand.<br>
And yes, of course I realize that plenty of these creations are actually<br=
more sophisticated, complex and difficult to assemble than the originals.<b=
r>
And almost certainly pricier.<br>
Just my opinion; don&#39;t shoot.<br>
Simon (who has always wanted a Cobra replica as long as it had a massive<br=
V8).<br>
<br><br>
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br></div></div>

--f46d0418251ec0243a050c765d32--

--===============1631725244890871272==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1631725244890871272==--

---

From: "Randy Dickson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 10:30:23 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3714223295630586830==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0012_01D02E52.C6A5B950"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01D02E52.C6A5B950
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Fellow Healeyoids,  I rather enjoy this Nasty Boy discussion.  Many of =
us that went through the 60s lusted after the 289 and 427 Cobras but =
alas, they were too expensive and there were too few  As a proud owner =
of a BT7 and a BJ7, I can see where making a Nast Boy is really =
tempting.  I also have a 427 Cobra replica that I built from scratch =
with a 351W at 400hp.  Sure, it is fun to drive but there is absolutely =
no room in the cockpit, the sidepipes cause horrific burns, it is louder =
than hell, is not original, doesn=E2=80=99t handle very well and I have =
no top and even if I did it would leak like a Russian submarine.  A =
Healey by comparison is much more of a well thought out car.  By the =
way, my Cobra is going to be for sale this spring so I can make more =
room for Healeys and Minis. =20

=20

=20

Randy in Wisconsin

=20

1963 BJ7

1960 BT7

1966 Cobra replica

1968 Morris Cooper S

=20

=20

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
HealeyRick
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 9:43 AM
Cc: AustinHealey List
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Restoration update 1959 BN4

=20

As a Nasty Boy owner, I like the appellation.  The origin of the term, =
I've heard, came from the UK when the sound of a V8 powered Healey =
rumbling through the pits caused an onlooker to remark, "That's a nasty =
boy, isn't it?"  I've had that same reaction to my car at shows or on =
tours and have to say it's one of the most fun parts of the nasty =
experience.  "Nasty Boy" is now traditional.  It's a uniquely Healey =
thing.  There are lots of modified LBCs, but the only other marque I can =
think of that has a name for their modifieds is Tigerized Sunbeam =
Alpines, known as "Algers", which is nowhere near as cool as "Nasty =
Boy."  There definitely seems to have been a change in attitude =
regarding modifieds over the years.  I remember some truly epic battles =
on the list in years gone by between the concours guys and the =
modifiers.  Happily, those seem to be ended.  Call us what you want, =
we're just having too much fun driving our cars.

=20

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 4:45 AM, Simon Lachlan =
wrote:

Up to you guys, of course. Your cars to call what you want. =
However.....I
suppose that I've had my 3000 for nearly 20 years and been on this list =
for
most of that and never once did I think that the expression "nasty boy" =
had
any sort of pejorative content. Yes, "nasty" could have its connotations =
but
I'd always had a quite folksy image of guys making do with what =
materials
they had to hand.
And yes, of course I realize that plenty of these creations are actually
more sophisticated, complex and difficult to assemble than the =
originals.
And almost certainly pricier.
Just my opinion; don't shoot.
Simon (who has always wanted a Cobra replica as long as it had a massive
V8).

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01D02E52.C6A5B950
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Fellow Healeyoids,=C2=A0 I rather enjoy this Nasty Boy =
discussion.=C2=A0 Many of us that went through the 60s lusted after the =
289 and 427 Cobras but alas, they were too expensive and there were too =
few=C2=A0 As a proud owner of a BT7 and a BJ7, I can see where making a =
Nast Boy is really tempting.=C2=A0 I also have a 427 Cobra replica that =
I built from scratch with a 351W at 400hp.=C2=A0 Sure, it is fun to =
drive but there is absolutely no room in the cockpit, the sidepipes =
cause horrific burns, it is louder than hell, is not original, =
doesn=E2=80=99t handle very well and I have no top and even if I did it =
would leak like a Russian submarine. =C2=A0A Healey by comparison is =
much more of a well thought out car.=C2=A0 By the way, my Cobra is going =
to be for sale this spring so I can make more room for Healeys and =
Minis.=C2=A0 <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Randy in Wisconsin<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>1963 BJ7<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>1960 BT7<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>1966 Cobra replica<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>1968 Morris Cooper S<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
name=3D"_MailEndCompose"><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></a></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>HealeyRick<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, January 12, 2015 9:43 =
AM<br><b>Cc:</b> AustinHealey List<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
Restoration update 1959 BN4<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>As a =
Nasty Boy owner, I like the appellation.&nbsp; The origin of the term, =
I've heard, came from the UK when the sound of a V8 powered Healey =
rumbling through the pits caused an onlooker to remark, &quot;That's a =
nasty boy, isn't it?&quot; &nbsp;I've had that same reaction to my car =
at shows or on tours and have to say it's one of the most fun parts of =
the nasty experience. &nbsp;&quot;Nasty Boy&quot; is now =
traditional.&nbsp; It's a uniquely Healey thing.&nbsp; There are lots of =
modified LBCs, but the only other marque I can think of that has a name =
for their modifieds is Tigerized Sunbeam Alpines, known as =
&quot;Algers&quot;, which is nowhere near as cool as &quot;Nasty =
Boy.&quot; &nbsp;There definitely seems to have been a change in =
attitude regarding modifieds over the years.&nbsp; I remember some truly =
epic battles on the list in years gone by between the concours guys and =
the modifiers.&nbsp; Happily, those seem to be ended.&nbsp; Call us what =
you want, we're just having too much fun driving our =
cars.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On Mon, =
Jan 12, 2015 at 4:45 AM, Simon Lachlan &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><blockquote style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid =
#CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Up to you guys, of course. Your cars to =
call what you want. However.....I<br>suppose that I've had my 3000 for =
nearly 20 years and been on this list for<br>most of that and never once =
did I think that the expression &quot;nasty boy&quot; had<br>any sort of =
pejorative content. Yes, &quot;nasty&quot; could have its connotations =
but<br>I'd always had a quite folksy image of guys making do with what =
materials<br>they had to hand.<br>And yes, of course I realize that =
plenty of these creations are actually<br>more sophisticated, complex =
and difficult to assemble than the originals.<br>And almost certainly =
pricier.<br>Just my opinion; don't shoot.<br>Simon (who has always =
wanted a Cobra replica as long as it had a =
massive<br>V8).<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></p></b=
lockquote></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0012_01D02E52.C6A5B950--

--===============3714223295630586830==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3714223295630586830==--

---

From: "Chris Scholz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 12:22:39 -0600

--===============7321498820606822876==
	boundary="Apple-Mail-21FD52C0-6324-4B4F-B520-D9872B48001B";
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-21FD52C0-6324-4B4F-B520-D9872B48001B
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Agree

Sent from my iPhone
Chris Scholz OD

> On Jan 12, 2015, at 9:46 AM, "HealeyRick" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> As a Nasty Boy owner, I like the appellation.  The origin of the term, I'v=
e heard, came from the UK when the sound of a V8 powered Healey rumbling thr=
ough the pits caused an onlooker to remark, "That's a nasty boy, isn't it?" =
 I've had that same reaction to my car at shows or on tours and have to say i=
t's one of the most fun parts of the nasty experience.  "Nasty Boy" is now t=
raditional.  It's a uniquely Healey thing.  There are lots of modified LBCs,=
 but the only other marque I can think of that has a name for their modified=
s is Tigerized Sunbeam Alpines, known as "Algers", which is nowhere near as c=
ool as "Nasty Boy."  There definitely seems to have been a change in attitud=
e regarding modifieds over the years.  I remember some truly epic battles on=
 the list in years gone by between the concours guys and the modifiers.  Hap=
pily, those seem to be ended.  Call us what you want, we're just having too m=
uch fun driving our cars.
>=20
>> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 4:45 AM, Simon Lachlan <[email-masked]=
.uk> wrote:
>> Up to you guys, of course. Your cars to call what you want. However.....I=

>> suppose that I've had my 3000 for nearly 20 years and been on this list f=
or
>> most of that and never once did I think that the expression "nasty boy" h=
ad
>> any sort of pejorative content. Yes, "nasty" could have its connotations b=
ut
>> I'd always had a quite folksy image of guys making do with what materials=

>> more sophisticated, complex and difficult to assemble than the originals.=

> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/drscholz=
@visioncenterpc.com

--Apple-Mail-21FD52C0-6324-4B4F-B520-D9872B48001B
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-21FD52C0-6324-4B4F-B520-D9872B48001B--

--===============7321498820606822876==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7321498820606822876==--