Subject: [Healeys] FW: Lucas Generator

From: J Armour <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:17:49 +1100

--===============3965781149983892355==

--B_3505234674_2658381
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Another request to the learned ones.

My 3000 has a Lucas  generator with the following numbers. Do we know what
it is also fitted to;

C.40 R
22746B     and date 9.64

This unit is shorter in length than the standard item

Brushes have a screw fixing. What are standard 3000s fitted with?

Interestingly my generator acts as a rev warning when I have the lights and
fog lights on. The lights go dull at certain revs as I think the brushes
which are quite worn lift off the commutator. When I slow a few hundred revs
the famous Lucas brightness returns.

Joe

--B_3505234674_2658381
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: s=
pace; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size:=
 14px; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><div><br></div><div><br></div><sp=
an id=3D"OLK_SRC_BODY_SECTION"><div><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit=
-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0=
); font-size: 14px; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><div>Another request=
 to the learned ones.</div><div><br></div><div>My 3000 has a Lucas &nbsp;gen=
erator with the following numbers. Do we know what it is also fitted to;</di=
v><div><br></div><div>C.40 R</div><div>22746B &nbsp; &nbsp; and date 9.64</d=
iv><div><br></div><div>This unit is shorter in length than the standard item=
</div><div><br></div><div>Brushes have a screw fixing. What are standard 300=
0s fitted with?</div><div><br></div><div>Interestingly my generator acts as =
a rev warning when I have the lights and fog lights on. The lights go dull a=
t certain revs as I think the brushes which are quite worn lift off the comm=
utator. When I slow a few hundred revs the famous Lucas brightness returns.<=
/div><div><br></div><div>Joe</div></div></div></span></body></html>

--B_3505234674_2658381--

--===============3965781149983892355==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3965781149983892355==--

---

From: "Roger Grace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 08:23:14 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============8145448356162033882==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_03FB_01D03AD3.A8FE8F70"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_03FB_01D03AD3.A8FE8F70
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Problem may not be the generator; presume that you have checked the belt =
for tightness as with increased load it could be slipping; I once had a =
Lucas gen. pulley glow at me in the dark after some 6 hrs of sustained =
night driving with lights and spots; have you checked that the voltage =
regulator is working and regulating volts to around 14.5 throughout the =
RPM range ?; also check the current regulator setting/operation as this =
too could be limiting the output at higher revs as voltage tends to =
rise.

From: J Armour=20
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 1:17 AM
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: [Healeys] FW: Lucas Generator

My 3000 has a Lucas  generator with the following numbers. Do we know =
what it is also fitted to;

C.40 R
22746B     and date 9.64

Interestingly my generator acts as a rev warning when I have the lights =
and fog lights on. The lights go dull at certain revs as I think the =
brushes which are quite worn lift off the commutator. When I slow a few =
hundred revs the famous Lucas brightness returns.

Joe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.5645 / Virus Database: 4273/9006 - Release Date: =
01/26/15

------=_NextPart_000_03FB_01D03AD3.A8FE8F70
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word; FONT-SIZE: 14px; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri, =
sans-serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space"=20
dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; COLOR: =
#000000">
<DIV>Problem may not be the generator; presume that you have checked the =
belt=20
for tightness as with increased load it could be slipping; I once had a =
Lucas=20
gen. pulley glow at me in the dark after some 6 hrs of sustained night =
driving=20
with lights and spots; have you checked that the voltage regulator is =
working=20
and regulating volts to around 14.5 throughout the RPM range ?; also =
check the=20
current regulator setting/operation as this too could be limiting the =
output at=20
higher revs as voltage tends to rise.</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">J Armour</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, January 27, 2015 1:17 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [Healeys] FW: Lucas Generator</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><SPAN id=3DOLK_SRC_BODY_SECTION>
<DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word; FONT-SIZE: 14px; FONT-FAMILY: calibri, =
sans-serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space">
<DIV>Another request to the learned ones.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My 3000 has a Lucas&nbsp; generator with the following numbers. Do =
we know=20
what it is also fitted to;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>C.40 R</DIV>
<DIV>22746B&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; and date 9.64</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This unit is shorter in length than the standard item</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Brushes have a screw fixing. What are standard 3000s fitted =
with?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Interestingly my generator acts as a rev warning when I have the =
lights and=20
fog lights on. The lights go dull at certain revs as I think the brushes =
which=20
are quite worn lift off the commutator. When I slow a few hundred revs =
the=20
famous Lucas brightness returns.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joe</DIV></DIV></DIV></SPAN>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>Support Team.Net=20
$12.75<BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<BR>Forums:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR><BR>
<P>
<HR>
<A></A>
<P align=3Dleft color=3D"#000000" avgcert??>No virus found in this=20
message.<BR>Checked by AVG - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</A><BR>Version: 2015.0.5645 / =
Virus=20
Database: 4273/9006 - Release Date: =
01/26/15</P></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_03FB_01D03AD3.A8FE8F70--

--===============8145448356162033882==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8145448356162033882==--