Subject: [Healeys] Restoration update 1959 BN4

From: "Chris Scholz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 18:42:10 -0600

--Apple-Mail-9BC2A82E-3B0D-422C-B35D-A5CC5B098DBF
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Here is an update on my 100-6. It was first going to be a refresh of the iro=
n 6. Then it was decided to paint the engine bay while the engine and tranny=
 were out. Then the fenders were removed. Then the doors, trunk, hood. Then t=
he seats, carpet and dash. Then the wiring and brake lines. And then the bon=
net (front and rear ) was removed.  Finally, all the suspension and axles an=
d gas tank are gone. We initially thought only the fenders and bottom of the=
 doors had rust. After blasting with crushed glass and baking soda we found p=
inholes in the sills, the trunk floor pan, and the frame where the door hing=
es bolt to the frame. There were dents all through the aluminum shroud which=
 had been filled with bondo. The good news is the frame is in perfect shape,=
 including the outriggers.=20
My mechanic purchased my radiator, tranny and engine for $5k and I bought a u=
sed LS1 all aluminum V8 from a 2000 Z28 that is being refreshed this week. Fron=
t disc brakes from Denis Welch. Updating the rear with 3.54 gear and Quaife l=
imited slip from a fellow Healey subscriber. Will probably buy an aluminum r=
adiator from Wizard cooling with a 14" electric fan. Will have to figure out=
 how much to trim the foot boxes to fit the bell housing. Hopefully no more t=
han 1.5-2". Will be running exhaust on both sides of the car.   Will then mo=
dify the LS1 computer to remove the O2 sensor from the cats and to run the n=
ew corvette fuel pump and control the electric fan.  Will keep everyone upda=
ted through the fabrication. Thanks for the advice.=20

--Apple-Mail-9BC2A82E-3B0D-422C-B35D-A5CC5B098DBF
	name=photo.JPG
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=photo.JPG
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-9BC2A82E-3B0D-422C-B35D-A5CC5B098DBF
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-9BC2A82E-3B0D-422C-B35D-A5CC5B098DBF
	name=image.jpeg
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=image.jpeg
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-9BC2A82E-3B0D-422C-B35D-A5CC5B098DBF
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Sent from my iPhone
Chris Scholz OD
--Apple-Mail-9BC2A82E-3B0D-422C-B35D-A5CC5B098DBF
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--Apple-Mail-9BC2A82E-3B0D-422C-B35D-A5CC5B098DBF--

---

From: carroll phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 09:03:44 -0500 (EST)

--===============6789370855333641237==
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_j1BNk5njzzJdOqGOD4ku+Q)"

--Boundary_(ID_j1BNk5njzzJdOqGOD4ku+Q)
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable
Content-disposition: inline

Was it not Carroll Shelby who made a nastyboy first ?=C2=A0 I recall recent=
ly=20
a post or saw it on another forum of the Healey found with a V8 done by=20
him. It was good reading if anyone can post it.
I like the Nastyboy name and Im a purist by nature, I respect the ton of=20
work that goes into those conversions. I know because I reverted one=20
back (100-4 with 289) to original
Carroll Phillips
Top Down
=C2=A0

--Boundary_(ID_j1BNk5njzzJdOqGOD4ku+Q)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
Content-disposition: inline

Was it not Carroll Shelby who made a nastyboy first ?&nbsp; I recall recently a post or saw it on another forum of the Healey found with a V8 done by him. It was good reading if anyone can post it.<br><br>I like the Nastyboy name and Im a purist by nature, I respect the ton of work that goes into those conversions. I know because I reverted one back (100-4 with 289) to original<br><br>Carroll Phillips<br>Top Down<br>&nbsp;<br>

--Boundary_(ID_j1BNk5njzzJdOqGOD4ku+Q)--

--===============6789370855333641237==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6789370855333641237==--

---

From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 08:15:54 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1503380549558074289==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_033B_01D02F09.26F4C150"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_033B_01D02F09.26F4C150
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I saw an MGA at a car show that was supposedly done by CS.

=20

It was well executed.

=20

Jonas Payne

PBR Consulting Services, LLC

702.882.6711

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
carroll phillips
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:04 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Restoration update 1959 BN4

=20

Was it not Carroll Shelby who made a nastyboy first ?  I recall recently =
a post or saw it on another forum of the Healey found with a V8 done by =
him. It was good reading if anyone can post it.

I like the Nastyboy name and Im a purist by nature, I respect the ton of =
work that goes into those conversions. I know because I reverted one =
back (100-4 with 289) to original

Carroll Phillips
Top Down
=20

------=_NextPart_000_033B_01D02F09.26F4C150
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a name=3D"_MailEndCompose"><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>I saw an MGA at a car show that was supposedly done by =
CS.<o:p></o:p></span></a></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>It was well executed.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Jonas Payne<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>PBR Consulting Services, LLC<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>702.882.6711<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>carroll phillips<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:04 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
Restoration update 1959 BN4<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Was it not =
Carroll Shelby who made a nastyboy first ?&nbsp; I recall recently a =
post or saw it on another forum of the Healey found with a V8 done by =
him. It was good reading if anyone can post it.<br><br>I like the =
Nastyboy name and Im a purist by nature, I respect the ton of work that =
goes into those conversions. I know because I reverted one back (100-4 =
with 289) to original<br><br>Carroll Phillips<br>Top =
Down<br>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_033B_01D02F09.26F4C150--

--===============1503380549558074289==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1503380549558074289==--