Subject: Re: [Healeys] texas cooler

From: "Reinhart Rosner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 00:03:48 +0100

Hi Andy,
The pic of a spin on filter fitted into the original housing looks like a
nice solution. Old style looks but comfort of new technic. Did you build
this yourself or is it available somewhere? Anyone knows if available for a
100 too?

Reinhart

Reinhart Rosner
55 100 BN 1
Vienna - Austria

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Andy
Thorp
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 31. Dezember 2014 22:09
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: [Healeys] texas cooler

The PO of my car inadvertently ruined the engine in 2000 miles by using the
original oil filter. The bypass valve in the filter head was stuck open with
crud which effectively eliminated the filter from the system and scored all
the bearings.

Re the first start no oil pressure problem with a spin-on filter-  the drain
back valve flap takes a few psi to push it open and a dry oil pump can't
make any pressure. Just unwind the filter a couple of turns and crank it for
a few seconds to let the air out, then you are in business.

Pic attached of a spin on filter fitted into the original housing to get
around the problems of the old filter without the ugliness of the spin on
ones. 

Andy.

--------------------------------------------
On Thu, 1/1/15, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Healeys] texas cooler
 To: "Team.net" <[email-masked]>
 Cc: "<[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
 Received: Thursday, 1 January, 2015, 8:39 AM
 
 This subject interests me
 because I find my engine's oil pressure takes a little  longer than I would
like to come up, when cold. I  haven't timed it, so it's just an impression.
I have  the original canister type filter arrangement.Having said  that,
it's always full of oil when I change it.
 Stephen, BJ8
 
 Sent from my iPad
 
 > On Dec 31, 2014, at 11:05 AM, Team.net  <[email-masked]>
 wrote:
 > I recently
 had the engine on the BT7 rebuilt as the thrust washers in  the bottom end
fell out resulting in damage to the block.  Prior to the rebuild I had
installed an oil filter  conversion which worked just fine.  After rebuild,
we could  not raise oil pressure (yes, the spin on was replaced
 correctly) after trying numerous times.  Replaced the spin  on conversion
with the original unit and instantly got  pressure.
 > Not
 sure why.
 > Larry
 Swift

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

ox.team.net