Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ducting

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 12:44:35 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============7964088392436576880==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0010_01D02A77.B3F66A90"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D02A77.B3F66A90
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I found Joe's letter from Geoff Healey to be very interesting - especially
as it validates my concerns about hot air recirculation. Thanks to Ron
Keysor for sending me the letter.

I started out with a bilge blower on my fresh air duct - noticed the air was
considerably hotter than ambient - in the summer it was like another heater
duct.

Started by building a couple of small baffles to move the air intake forward
to the grille. Once the grille was off and radiator out, decided what the
heck, why not build complete baffles to prevent hot air from recirculating
forward.

My air control project:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/healeyaircontrol

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D02A77.B3F66A90
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I found =
Joe&#8217;s letter from Geoff Healey to be very interesting &#8211; =
especially as it validates my concerns about hot air recirculation. =
Thanks to Ron Keysor for sending me the letter.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I started =
out with a bilge blower on my fresh air duct &#8211; noticed the air was =
considerably hotter than ambient &#8211; in the summer it was like =
another heater duct.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Started by =
building a couple of small baffles to move the air intake forward to the =
grille. Once the grille was off and radiator out, decided what the heck, =
why not build complete baffles to prevent hot air from recirculating =
forward.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>My air control project:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/healeyaircontrol">http://www.pbas=
e.com/stevegerow/healeyaircontrol</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>--<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Steve =
Gerow<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Altadena, CA, =
USA<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>BN6<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D02A77.B3F66A90--

--===============7964088392436576880==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7964088392436576880==--