Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hyphened badge

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 22:07:30 +0100

Hi Per,
I know the hyphen was lost during BJ7 production. But can`t tell you the reason why.
My 62 BT7 still has the hyphen in the original badge.
Cheers,

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [Healeys] Hyphened badge
Datum: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 21:38:58 +0100
Von: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
An: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>

HI
Well, I think I have seen both MkIIs and MkIIIs with and without hyphen, 
so I'm as curious as anyone to be enlightened as to when the switchover 
was made.
I remember someone made a poll a couple of years ago, everyone was to 
reply if they had a hyphened or unhyphened badge. Does anyone know what 
came out of this investigation?

Best regards, Per

Michael Oritt skrev den 2015-01-29 20:29:
> Per--
>
> Thanks for your reply but I don't think that is it.  Certainly at one
> point A-H was correct and somewhere along the way it changed so that all
> later cars lost the hyphen.  I simply wonder why and am quite surprised
> that there is not a known explanation.
>
> Best--Michael Oritt
>
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Per Schoerner <[email-masked]
>
>     Hi
>     I have always thought that the unhyphened badges of, at least, MkIIs
>     and MkIIIs, have been aftermarket , but maybe I'm mistaken. I have a
>     worned out original badge on my MkII, with a hyphen, and a brand new
>     unhyphened badge on the shelf. I hesitate to replace it, for
>     origanality sakes. I'm not a 100 percent for originality, I have
>     several things on my car that is not original, but I'm serious when
>     it comes to badges.
>
>     Per
>
>     Michael Oritt skrev den 2015-01-29 02:42:
>
>         BTW, I still have never heard a credible explanation as to why
>         the nose
>         badges changed from "Austin-Healey" to "Austin Healey" without the
>         hyphen. Someone once posited that a supplier furnished incorrect
>         badges
>         that were bought at a discount and the rest was history but that
>         does
>         not seem likley to me.
>
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 23:27:14 +0100

Hi
OK, so my nice badge on the shelf would be wrong for my car then, 
because I have a MkII BT7.
Let's see if there is anyone with an unhyphened original badge on a BT7, 
as well as anyone that have a hyphened badge on a BJ8 or BJ7. Please 
speak up if you feel that your car fits in here.

Best regards, Per

[email-masked] skrev den 2015-01-29 22:07:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
>
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Elton Schulz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 23:00:42 -0500

My BJ7's original badge has the hyphen. Car # 24585.
Elton
On 1/29/2015 5:27 PM, Per Schoerner wrote:
> Let's see if there is anyone with an unhyphened original badge on a 
> BT7, as well as anyone that have a hyphened badge on a BJ8 or BJ7. 
> Please speak up if you feel that your car fits in here.
>
> Best regards, Per
>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

[email-masked]

---

From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 21:58:55 -0800

No hyphen!

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
        (199,771 miles)

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Per Schoerner" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; "Healeys, Forum" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hyphened badge

> Hi
> OK, so my nice badge on the shelf would be wrong for my car then, because 
> I have a MkII BT7.
> as well as anyone that have a hyphened badge on a BJ8 or BJ7. Please speak 
> up if you feel that your car fits in here.
>
> Best regards, Per
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 

[email-masked]

---

From: Jean Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 06:13:11 +0000

--===============7801900662052308328==
	boundary="_09b795b6-cddb-4799-83fc-c3a2f2f2a044_"

--_09b795b6-cddb-4799-83fc-c3a2f2f2a044_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Restoring a 1966 BJ8=2C no hyphen and the badge on a 1967 I did a few years=
 ago=2C no hyphen either.

Jean=20

> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu=2C 29 Jan 2015 21:58:55 -0800
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Fairfield=2C CA=2C USA
> 1967 AH 3000 MkIII=2C HBJ8L39031
>         (199=2C771 miles)
>=20
>=20
> ----- Original Message -----=20
> To: <[email-masked]>=3B "Healeys=2C Forum" <[email-masked].=
net>
> Sent: Thursday=2C January 29=2C 2015 2:27 PM
>=20
>=20
> > OK=2C so my nice badge on the shelf would be wrong for my car then=2C b=
ecause=20
> > I have a MkII BT7.
> > Let's see if there is anyone with an unhyphened original badge on a BT7=
=2C=20
> > as well as anyone that have a hyphened badge on a BJ8 or BJ7. Please sp=
eak=20
> > Best regards=2C Per
> >> Hi Per=2C
> >> I know the hyphen was lost during BJ7 production. But can`t tell you t=
he=20
> >> reason why.
> >> Cheers=2C
> >> Datum: Thu=2C 29 Jan 2015 21:38:58 +0100
> >> Well=2C I think I have seen both MkIIs and MkIIIs with and without hyp=
hen=2C
> >> so I'm as curious as anyone to be enlightened as to when the switchove=
r
> >> was made.
> >> I remember someone made a poll a couple of years ago=2C everyone was t=
o
> >> reply if they had a hyphened or unhyphened badge. Does anyone know wha=
t
> >> Best regards=2C Per
> >>> point A-H was correct and somewhere along the way it changed so that =
all
> >>> later cars lost the hyphen.  I simply wonder why and am quite surpris=
ed
> >>> On Thu=2C Jan 29=2C 2015 at 7:54 AM=2C Per Schoerner <[email-masked]=
e
> >>>
> >>>      Hi
> >>>      I have always thought that the unhyphened badges of=2C at least=
=2C=20
> >>> MkIIs
> >>>      and MkIIIs=2C have been aftermarket =2C but maybe I'm mistaken. =
I have=20
> >>> a
> >>>      worned out original badge on my MkII=2C with a hyphen=2C and a b=
rand=20
> >>> new
> >>>      unhyphened badge on the shelf. I hesitate to replace it=2C for
> >>>      origanality sakes. I'm not a 100 percent for originality=2C I ha=
ve
> >>>      several things on my car that is not original=2C but I'm serious=
 when
> >>>          BTW=2C I still have never heard a credible explanation as to=
 why
> >>>          the nose
> >>>          badges changed from "Austin-Healey" to "Austin Healey" witho=
ut=20
> >>> the
> >>>          hyphen. Someone once posited that a supplier furnished=20
> >>> incorrect
> >>>          badges
> >>>          that were bought at a discount and the rest was history but=
=20
> >>> that
> >> Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
> > Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
> > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
t
> >=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/vintage=
[email-masked]
>=20
 		 	   		  =

--_09b795b6-cddb-4799-83fc-c3a2f2f2a044_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
<body class=3D'hmmessage'><div dir=3D'ltr'>Restoring a 1966 BJ8=2C no hyphe=
n and the badge on a 1967 I did a few years ago=2C no hyphen either.<br><br=
>Jean <br><br><div>&gt=3B From: [email-masked]<br>&gt=3B To: he=
[email-masked]<br>&gt=3B Date: Thu=2C 29 Jan 2015 21:58:55 -0800<br>&=
gt=3B Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hyphened badge<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B=
 No hyphen!<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B (The Other) Len<br>&gt=3B Fairfield=2C CA=
=2C USA<br>&gt=3B 1967 AH 3000 MkIII=2C HBJ8L39031<br>&gt=3B         (199=
=2C771 miles)<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B ----- Original Message ----- =
<br>&gt=3B From: "Per Schoerner" &lt=[email-masked]&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B To:=
 &lt=[email-masked]&gt=3B=3B "Healeys=2C Forum" &lt=3BHealeys@a=
utox.team.net&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B Sent: Thursday=2C January 29=2C 2015 2:27 PM<=
br>&gt=3B Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hyphened badge<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B <br>&g=
t=3B &gt=3B Hi<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B OK=2C so my nice badge on the shelf would b=
e wrong for my car then=2C because <br>&gt=3B &gt=3B I have a MkII BT7.<br>=
&gt=3B &gt=3B Let's see if there is anyone with an unhyphened original badg=
e on a BT7=2C <br>&gt=3B &gt=3B as well as anyone that have a hyphened badg=
e on a BJ8 or BJ7. Please speak <br>&gt=3B &gt=3B up if you feel that your =
car fits in here.<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B Best regards=2C Per<br>=
&gt=3B &gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B [email-masked] skrev den 2015-01-2=
9 22:07:<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Hi Per=2C<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B I know the=
 hyphen was lost during BJ7 production. But can`t tell you the <br>&gt=3B &=
gt=3B&gt=3B reason why.<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B My 62 BT7 still has the hyph=
en in the original badge.<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Cheers=2C<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B=
&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Josef Eckert<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Konigswin=
ter/Germany<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B -----Original-Nac=
hricht-----<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Betreff: Re: [Healeys] Hyphened badge<br=
>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Datum: Thu=2C 29 Jan 2015 21:38:58 +0100<br>&gt=3B &gt=
=3B&gt=3B Von: Per Schoerner &lt=[email-masked]&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&=
gt=3B An: Michael Oritt &lt=[email-masked]&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=
=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B HI<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Well=2C I think =
I have seen both MkIIs and MkIIIs with and without hyphen=2C<br>&gt=3B &gt=
=3B&gt=3B so I'm as curious as anyone to be enlightened as to when the swit=
chover<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B was made.<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B I remember s=
omeone made a poll a couple of years ago=2C everyone was to<br>&gt=3B &gt=
=3B&gt=3B reply if they had a hyphened or unhyphened badge. Does anyone kno=
w what<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B came out of this investigation?<br>&gt=3B &gt=
=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Best regards=2C Per<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B=
<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Michael Oritt skrev den 2015-01-29 20:29:<br>&gt=3B=
 &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B Per--<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=
=3B&gt=3B Thanks for your reply but I don't think that is it.  Certainly at=
 one<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B point A-H was correct and somewhere along=
 the way it changed so that all<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B later cars los=
t the hyphen.  I simply wonder why and am quite surprised<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&=
gt=3B&gt=3B that there is not a known explanation.<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&g=
t=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B Best--Michael Oritt<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=
=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B On Thu=2C Jan 29=2C 2015 at 7:54 AM=
=2C Per Schoerner &lt=[email-masked]<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B &lt=
=3Bmailto:[email-masked]&gt=3B&gt=3B wrote:<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B<=
br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B      Hi<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B      I ha=
ve always thought that the unhyphened badges of=2C at least=2C <br>&gt=3B &=
gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B MkIIs<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B      and MkIIIs=2C hav=
e been aftermarket =2C but maybe I'm mistaken. I have <br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=
=3B&gt=3B a<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B      worned out original badge on =
my MkII=2C with a hyphen=2C and a brand <br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B new<b=
r>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B      unhyphened badge on the shelf. I hesitate =
to replace it=2C for<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B      origanality sakes. I=
'm not a 100 percent for originality=2C I have<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B=
      several things on my car that is not original=2C but I'm serious when=
<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B      it comes to badges.<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=
=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B      Per<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=
=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B      Michael Oritt skrev den 2015-01-29 02=
:42:<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B          BTW=
=2C I still have never heard a credible explanation as to why<br>&gt=3B &gt=
=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B          the nose<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B          bad=
ges changed from "Austin-Healey" to "Austin Healey" without <br>&gt=3B &gt=
=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B the<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B          hyphen. Someone o=
nce posited that a supplier furnished <br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B incorre=
ct<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B          badges<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=
=3B          that were bought at a discount and the rest was history but <b=
r>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B that<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B          does=
<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B          not seem likley to me.<br>&gt=3B &gt=
=3B&gt=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B ____________________________________=
___________<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/don=
ate.html<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>&gt=3B=
 &gt=3B&gt=3B Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B F=
orums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&g=
t=3B [email-masked]<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B http://autox.team.net/ma=
ilman/listinfo/healeys<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B Unsubs=
cribe/Manage: <br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B http://autox.team.net/mailman/options=
/healeys/[email-masked]<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&g=
t=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B&gt=3B<b=
r>&gt=3B &gt=3B _______________________________________________<br>&gt=3B &=
gt=3B Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B Sug=
gested annual donation  $12.75<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B Archive: http://www.team.ne=
t/archive<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt=3B &gt=
=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B [email-masked]<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B Unsubscr=
ibe/Manage: <br>&gt=3B &gt=3B http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys=
/[email-masked]<br>&gt=3B &gt=3B <br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B ________=
_______________________________________<br>&gt=3B Support Team.Net http://w=
ww.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt=3B Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>&gt=
=3B Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt=3B Forums: http://www.team.=
net/forums<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B [email-masked]<br>&gt=3B http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B Unsubscribe/Manag=
e: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/vintage_roadster_restorati=
[email-masked]<br>&gt=3B <br></div> 		 	   		  </div></body>
</html>=

--_09b795b6-cddb-4799-83fc-c3a2f2f2a044_--

--===============7801900662052308328==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7801900662052308328==--