Subject: [Healeys] Drum Brakes

From: J Armour <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:26:25 +1100

--===============5748307236438679840==

--B_3505235190_2722130
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I once saw a dismantled rear drum brake assembly from a Maserati 250F.
Approx two thousand cast and intricate engineering pieces most with
lightening holes in them.nIt was impressive.
But as these cars were so fast maybe the brakes were not so effective.
I once heard one of Jack Brabham's sons interviewed about advice given to
him by Jack in the quest for quick lap times. Jack's advice " if you want to
go fast son keep your foot off the brake"  !!!!!!!!!!
Joe

--B_3505235190_2722130
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: s=
pace; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size:=
 14px; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><div>I once saw a dismantled rear=
 drum brake assembly from a Maserati 250F. &nbsp;Approx two thousand cast an=
d intricate engineering pieces most with lightening holes in them.nIt was im=
pressive.&nbsp;</div><div>But as these cars were so fast maybe the brakes we=
re not so effective.</div><div>I once heard one of Jack Brabham's sons inter=
viewed about advice given to him by Jack in the quest for quick lap times. J=
ack's advice " if you want to go fast son keep your foot off the brake" &nbs=
p;!!!!!!!!!!</div><div>Joe</div></body></html>

--B_3505235190_2722130--

--===============5748307236438679840==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5748307236438679840==--