Subject: Re: [Healeys] Nice Bristol

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 22:14:56 +1100

G'day Alan

What a drop dead gorgeous car was the Aceca. Wish it was mine!

The Bristol engine had its origins pre-WW2 in the BMW 328. It was being used
in the UK and its designed crossed the Channel as part of war reparations.

In its standard form the Bristol 2-litre straight six developed 100-105bhp,
not much more than the AH 100, but the engine also found its way into quite
a few racing cars such as the Cooper Bristol. It is quite an ingenious
engine with a single camshaft that drives not only a set of pushrods
upwards, but also a second set across the top of the engine. Look closely at
the photo and you can see the overhead pushrod tubes.

In the heavier Bristol cars the engine really has to be stirred along, but
it survives on revs. The same engine was also in the AC Ace (as were the AC
2-litre and Ford Zephyr engines) which so impressed Carroll Shelby not long
after BMC sent him packing during his search for a chassis/body to fit a
thinwall Ford 260ci V8.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Alan Seigrist
Sent: Monday, 14 October 2013 12:47 PM
To: Healey
Subject: [Healeys] Nice Bristol

A nice AC-Bristol just sold on Ebay, just thought you'd enjoy.  The motor
looks really nice, I wonder how much power this small straight six put out?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-AC-Aceca-Bristol-Engine-/171140713917?#v
4-39
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "David Porter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 06:10:02 -0600

I've had the pleasure (really) to work on several AC's and I must say I
think that as far as British automobiles go these look right, sound right,
drive right and overall would be my choice if I could afford one..   sigh. 
Dave

[email-masked]

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107
505-352-1378
Porter Custom Bicycles

1954 Austin Healey 100

1970 MG Midget

gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/porterscustombicycles/PorterCustomBicyclesStuff

GO HERE: http://porterbikes.com/  nice pictures-fun facts-my world

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Patrick & Caroline Quinn
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 5:15 AM
To: 'Alan Seigrist'; 'Healey'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Nice Bristol

G'day Alan

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

-----Original Message-----

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Michael Brouillette" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 08:59:49 -0400

A guy down the street from me has a nice AC collection and I have always
been impressed with the beauty of these cars.  He's got a 1939 AC 16-80
Sport, a 1955 AC ACE Roadster, and a 1958 AC Ace Bristol.  His barn is also
a work of shop art.  Since he stores them in this barn, would we consider
these barn finds at some point???

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of David Porter
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 8:10 AM
To: 'Patrick & Caroline Quinn'; 'Alan Seigrist'; 'Healey'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Nice Bristol

1954 Austin Healey 100

1970 MG Midget

gallery:

-----Original Message-----

G'day Alan

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

-----Original Message-----

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]