Subject: [Healeys] Steve Pike's restoration of NOJ 393 among prestigious cars for Int'l Motoring award

From: Neil Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:07:18 -0500

I received this late last night from Helen Pike.  It looks like NOJ is up
against some heavy competition for this award, but Steve's nomination is
well deserved.  It is also a testament to the car's owner to use it for the
reason it was created almost sixty years ago.  It was great to see NOJ 393
in action at the Goodwood Revival.

Congratulations and good luck, Steve.

Neil Anderson

BT7, AN5

**

*From:* International Historic Motoring Awards [mailto:karen@
historicpromotions.com <[email-masked]>]
*Sent:* Friday, 11 October 2013 5:41 AM
*To:* Steve Pike
*Subject:* Finalist in International Historic Motoring Awards****

Dear Mr. Pike,

Following the nomination from Bruno Verstraete, I am delighted to tell you
that your restoration of Daniel Schlatter's 100S has been shortlisted in
the Restoration of the Year category in the International Historic Motoring
Awards, in association with Octane magazine and EFG International private
banking.****

Your fellow finalists (or, rather, finalist cars) are the Allard Chrysler,
Jim Clark's 1966 US-GP winning Lotus, the 1983 World Championship Brabham
BMW BT52 and a Type 51 Bugatti.****

Judges including Derek Bell, Nick Mason, Jochen Mass and Robert Coucher and
Berthold Dorrich of Octane (UK and Germany) will now consider the
shortlists, and the results of your category, and all other categories,
will be announced at the Awards' dinner at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel
in London on November 14th.****

I would be hugely grateful if you would provide some high-resolution images
of the car (say 6-8) for use in the AV on the awards night and also for use
(one shot) in the event programme. Also, if you have even a tiny snippet of
video footage of the car since it was unveiled, that would be most useful.

**

Finally, if you or the car's owner wish to buy a ticket or tickets for the
awards' evening in London on November 14th, when the winners will be
announced, you can do so here:http://www.historicmotoringawards.com/
night.php

Many congratulations on being shortlisted - and good luck in the judging!

With best wishes

Karen Coe****

*The International Historic Motoring Awards***

*on behalf of Octane magazine***

**

*www.historicmotoringawards.com*
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys