Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive pressure

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:57:17 -0400

>From one of the manuals on my site:

The correct pressure is 350 - 370 psi for the early units and 450 psi for
the later unit (models 22/1753 & 22/1985).  When  the OD switch is operated,
the pressure should drop and then recover in a couple seconds.  If the
pressure doesn't drop and the OD doesn't engage, there is probably an
electrical or operating valve adjustment problem --- see previous
discussion.   If everything seems to operate properly but the pressure is
low, then the accumulator spring is probably weak.

Several long manuals on my site on the Technical page, Overdrive section.
Some of the reference various TR models but the OD is the same unit as in
our cars.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of john spaur
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive pressure

I am trouble shooting the overdrive. There is about 350 psi when I am
driving the car but the OD is not engaged. Is this normal? Also the pressure
drops to about 330 psi when the oil is hot.

The OD does not engage but the electrical system, relays, switches, etc. and
solenoid operates as it should.

John Spaur
'62 BT7
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:30:49 -0700

I've found that the adjustment of the actuating lever at the overdrive
solenoid is where the cause of not operating comes from. Make sure that lever
does not rest too far back on the stop. There needs to be rubber bumper (or
something) there.

On Oct 31, 2013, at 3:57 PM, John Sims wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]