Subject: [Healeys] Bell shaped logo on AH 100 heater - on all 100 cars?

From: "Tadeusz Malkiewicz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 18:29:49 +0200

I have 2 questions:

1. Did all 100 (BN2 & BN1) heaters had the bell shaped logo glued on the
front?
2. Were they all painted with black structural paint ( even early BN1s??)?

Reason for the question is that Smiths have changed the logo from:
SmithS with M.A of the type http://tinyurl.com/kgn76vt
to
SMITHS with plain capital letters.

This must have happened sometime in '54.

I am wondering if the change of the name (and logo) had the impact on the
label.

Anyone has a late BN2 with the original logo on?

Tadek
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 21:52:25 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 10/15/2013 9:30:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I have 2  questions:

The heater in my early BN1 is painted black and looks like nothing in your  
photos. But photo 10 of 12 has the brushed chrome badge that is the same as 
the  one in the middle of my Heater Front Plate. The badge in the photo is 
the little  badge towards the top of the unit. Not sure if this helps or 
not, but thought  I'd pass it along. And no where on the face or sides could I 
find a painted  SMITHS logo.
Steven Kingsbury 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]