Subject: [Healeys] cold starting

From: "Dr. C. Rubino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 12:29:32 -0400

Recently the weather dropped to 34F overnight. My car is in an unheated garage
so I would think the temp might have been closer to 40F.

Very reluctant to start and when it does hisses and fisses with reduced
acceleration until water temp hits about 130F or above then runs fine.

I know it is a British car and doesnbt like the cold but....oil pressure
comes up fine but obviously the oil is quite cold.

Should I put this down to normal and put it in storage or what?

Carl
BN-4 (Longbridge)
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Austin Healey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 19:57:03 +0200

Hi Carl,

Theese are quite noral symptoms, although You can improve the running by
setting the mixture a bit richer. If not statisfactory, You might replace
the needles with a richer (midrange). Are You using 20W50? If You intend to
use the car around this temperature, it might be worth switching to 15w40.

Gergo

2013/10/12 Dr. C. Rubino <[email-masked]>

> I know it is a British car and doesnb t like the cold but....oil pressure
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]