Subject: [Healeys] With Thanks!

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:37:59 +1100

G'day

Many thanks to everyone who sent me notes about our welfare during the
bushfires. The fires are still happening, but due to the amazing efforts of
our Rural Fire Service they are being contained. 

I'm pleased to say that the BN3 returns tomorrow and despite the fires and
lack of rain we will still be opening our garden on in a couple of weeks.
Normally the proceeds for the opening (entry fee, coffee/tea, cakes and
crafts) goes to a charity, but this year we have decided to send it all to
local Rural Fire Service for them to spend on items they need. It's a
voluntary service when the government picks up the cost of the buildings,
vehicles and some equipment, but for other things they rely on local
residents.

To show my thanks to all those who sent me emails and everyone else I
thought the below was quite funny. I normally don't send such things around,
but as this is the first time in just on a week I have time at my desk I
thought I would.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia

CROW KILLS

Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found

over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there

was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Bird

Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to

everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT

Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying

colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By

analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the

crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were

killed by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if

there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck

kills versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviorist very quickly concluded the cause:

when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a

nearby tree to warn of impending danger. They discovered that

while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one

could shout "Truck."
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 19:36:18 -0700

Glad all is well. Thanks for the chuckle

Ira Erbs
IT Educator and Consultant
Portland, OR.

Sent from my mobile phone. What you get may not be what I typed.
On Oct 27, 2013 5:37 PM, "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]