Subject: [Healeys] K&N Air filters for HD6 carbs

From: Linwood Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 18:08:42 -0400

Hi folks,
Looking for some help. I don't have the SU HD6 carbs (1960 3000 BT7 MKI, two
carbs) in my possession at the moment, but I am trying to determine the right
model# of K&N air filters to fit the HD6 carbs. I am not worried about the
vent from the rocker cover to the rear air filter. All I am interested in is
the fit of the air cleaner backplate to the carb.
Anyone know for sure if this air filter will fit the HD6?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=56-1400

If this is incorrect but you know the correct model number, I would appreciate
hearing from you.

I tried the K&N 800 number but while very courteous the two people I spoke
with didn't have a clue about SU carbs. I was asked if it was a "kind of
weber?"

Thanks very much!!!

Lin

Lin Rose
1959 AN5 Bugeye - pure driving enjoyment, go-kart with a body.
1960 BT7 "The Bloody Beast" - owned since 1971, my first car and still have
it!
1964 Jag MKII - current project
1969 Mercedes-Benz 280SL
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys