Subject: [Healeys] What are these things in my block?

From: Mike Tobin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:45:22 -0400

Just brought the lump home from the machine shop.  With the paint and crud
removed I can see these non-ferrous plugs  on either side of the small
freeze plugs.  The factory parts list calls them "Plug for water gallery
(large/small)."  Why are they there?  There's another (vertical) one on the
distributor side.

I got a minor rush when the first thing the machine shop guy did when I
went to pick up the engine was hand me the engine number plate (nicely
wrapped in paper). I'd forgotten to take it off and figured it would be
lost in the dip.

Cheers,
mike tobijn
Pepperell, MA
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 14:11:09 -0700

Those are needed to plug holes left from the manufacturing process.

On Oct 24, 2013, at 12:45 PM, Mike Tobin wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]