Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hilman Minx convertible barn find for sale

From: Mike Tobin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 07:09:31 -0400

Hey IRA,

Thanks.  An IRWIPI (it ran when I parked it) Hillman.  This could be the
finest '59 Minx on the planet.  The kind of cheap car that the 3rd or 4th
owner always throws away when the needed new part costs more than the car
is worth.  Or with these things when the part can't be found. If it was
parked 35 years ago that means it was running in 1978 - it had been on the
road for almost 20 years.  Pretty unusual for these things.

My first car was a '59 Minx drop top.  Paid $350 - which was about all I
had.  It was a fun little thing and enough stuff broke and it was easy
enough to work on that I learned how to work on cars with it.  It was the
"escape car" at our wedding.  Sold it shortly after that (for $300) when we
bought the BT7.

I've always like the IRWIPI phrase.  If you're unclear on the concept of
entropy just park a running car for a few years and see what happens.

Cheers,

Mike Tobin

Pepperell, MA

On Oct 3, 2013 6:08 PM, "I Erbs" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4107377863.html
> nfi
> Ira Erbs
> Portland, OR
>    _______                                  _______
>      (______ \____1960 BT7____/ _______)
>          (_________________________)
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 07:36:32 -0400

In 1960 I blew up a rented Hillman Minx on the now-disused Nassau
Speedweeks circuit at Oakes Field airport so if any engine parts are
necessary I am sure you can find them there.

Best--Michael

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 7:09 AM, Mike Tobin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]