Subject: [Healeys] 2 Factory fitted - Dunlop Disc Brake 100-Sixes for sale.

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 10:50:35 +0100

In late 1957, 40 (or 50?) 100-Sixes were fitted with four wheel Dunlop
disc brakes by the Donald Healey Motor Company for homolgation
purposes. Bill Piggott owned one and it is featured in his book
'Austin Healey' Haynes Great Cars, series.

By a strange coincidence two of these very rare cars are now for sale.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C441251

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C440796

I know the previous owner of the red and white car and know the car
personally. It is a great car that has been meticulously looked after
and has papers regarding the disc brakes. However it is now be re-sold
by a general classic car dealer and this is unfortunately reflected in
the, shall we say,  'ambitious' price.

I have communicated with the owner of the second car over the last
couple of years and it is referred to on my website. It has the same
XNX series registration number as Bill Piggott's car and was produced
at the same time. The price seems realistic.

Both cars were first registered to the Donald Healey Motor Compnay.

Derek
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys