Subject: [Healeys] "Dealer 100M" at Auctions America

From: "J. Scott Morris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 11:36:33 -0700 (PDT)

Good Day;B  This car was restored by Rich Chrysler for Doug Knight and sold
earlier this year advertised as a 1955 Austin Healey 100 with an asking price
of $70,000.B  The ad I had in my monthly bLBC ListingbB  described it as
follows:
bThis is a beautiful car, and is not just restored, but a gold concourse
car. This car was taken to Lake Tahoe to be judged, & ended up on the cover of
the magazine. Only 13,100 miles.B  As you can see from the pictures, this is a
beautiful car, & the bottom looks better than the topside of most cars.B  This
car lives in a heated garage from the beginning of September to mid June, &
has never seen salt or snow of any kind, and barely any rain.B  This
masterpiece is in its original factory colour of Olde English White, with a
red interior and red convertible top.B  B  For more information and pictures
visitB  B B B http://tinyurl.com/8q9sgwzB  or
http://www.autofarm.net/autofarm/detail.aspx?dt=138834&app=112&cat1=428&cat2=
&tp=3&lk=no b

On Bob Yule's AutoFarm website there are the following comments regarding the
2007 engine upgrade:
bEngine completely disassembled; Clean and magniflux cylinder block and
head; Pressure test head; Crack tested; Machined to accept the following new
components:- 88 mm pistons; 10 under, rod and main bearings; Cam bearings;
Regrind camshaft to bMb specifications; Intake & exhaust guides; Intake &
exhaust valves; New valve springs; Vernier steel cam gear sprocket assembly;
Timing chain; Modified rear main oil seal; Cylinder head ported; Rocker shaft;
Tappets; Oil pump; Balance engine components and Lighten flywheel.
Meticulously assembled and tuned to bMb specifications with electronic
ignition.b

In December 2011 in an email to this list, Rich stated: bHello all, If
anybody is in the market for an exceptionally nice Hundred, there is one
currently for sale...B  We built this car in 2001/2002 for a customer and it
attended Tahoe in 2002 where it achieved a Gold level in Concours. The owners
son now has the car on his web site. This car has been pampered yet enjoyed
and needs nothing but a good new home.B  This car is worth checking out.b

Neither Rich, Doug, nor Bob presented it as a 100M, only as a Austin Healey
Hundred BN1 with "M" modifications.  The changes to the car and presentation
in the 'Auctions America' ad is by the new/current owner.

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaB  B  B B B - Keep Smiling, Murphy
Lives
PS: You can check out my current monthly LBC List atB 
http://www.bsccweb.com/Files/Cars1.pdfB  .
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys