Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 LeMans for sale

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 17:00:21 +0100

Well Rich did the restoration so we know its a 100% right. Looks like a
fantastic car.

Derek

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Tadeusz Malkiewicz <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Speaking of the deviI recently,  I wonder how much will it make:
>
> http://auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=FC13&ID=r402
>
> Looking good, and very nicely described..
>
> Tadek
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 06:25:11 +1000

G'day

A lovely car that will bring a good result.

However is it a 100M or a 100 with a Le Mans kit?

I am pleased to say that the description does not depict it as a 100M, but a
100 with a dealer installed Le Mans kit. It was a bit naughty to include the
M grille badge.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Tadeusz Malkiewicz
Sent: Thursday, 3 October 2013 12:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] 100 LeMans for sale

Tadek
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Jean Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 01:52:40 +0000

While this car should bring strong money just because it has been restored to
Gold Level standards and has been judged as such, I feel that after looking at
many of the other lots on offer at this particular venue, it may not be the
ideal place to offer it for sale. RM Auctions at Pebble Beach who incidentally
own Auction America would have definitely been a better place to sell this
car. Also, while most of us on this list know to what exacting level Rich
Chrysler restored Austin-Healeys, the speculators in this business have only
eyes for the two places in Southern California to which profit is placed well
ahead of the claimed Gold Level restorations but rarely judged as such before
being put up for auctions.

Jean

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 16:45:34 +0200
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/vintage_roadster_restoration@ho
tmail.com
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Craig Rice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 23:45:11 -0400 TAG_LEVEL=1000.0 QUARANTINE_LEVEL=1000.0 KILL_LEVEL=4.5 tests=BSF_SC0_MISMATCH_TO, STOX_REPLY_TYPE Rule breakdown below pts rule name description ---- ---------------------- -------------------------------------------------- 0.00 STOX_REPLY_TYPE STOX_REPLY_TYPE 0.00 BSF_SC0_MISMATCH_TO Envelope rcpt doesn't match header

Patrick,

It has to be a 100 with a Le mans kit. BN1's can not be designated as 100M, 
only 640 BN2's modified at the Donald Healey Motor Works can be true 100M 
vehicles.
There is no such BN1 or BN2 vehicle designated as a "Dealer 100M". The 
misinformation will never stop!

Craig Rice in Indiana
BN1 & BN2 --- neither is a 100M

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 LeMans for sale

[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 00:18:24 -0400

True that the 640 are the only "100M", but there were BN1's with "Le Mans"
modifications produced by the Donald Healey Motor Company pre-BN2 100M's.
There are several indicated in the AHCA 100 Registry but only one, that I know
of, that is documented as a BN1 with factory installed "Le Mans"
modifications.

You are correct in that there were no vehicles designated as "Dealer 100M".

Randy

Randy Hicks
AHCA 100 Registrar

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn"
<[email-masked]>
>> Looking good, and very nicely described..
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Just Brits Shop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 10:19:53 -0500

<<  On 10/2/2013 9:45 AM, Tadeusz Malkiewicz wrote:
Speaking of the deviI recently, I wonder how much will it make:
http://auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=FC13&ID=r402
Looking good, and very nicely described..
Tadek >>

Whilst VERY true Tadek, THIS should be more "make me wonder" a bit 
more:  [ LOL ]

http://tinyurl.com/orgoyp3

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-100-Six-Goldie-Roadster-Collectors-Antique-/151135080321?forcev4exp=true

wonder how much of a scam Goldie Auction is ? ? ?

Ed
Please visit MY site at:				www.justbrits.com
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 22:00:39 +1000

G'day Craig

I agree with you wholeheartedly that there is no such animal as a Dealer
100M, as well as there are no BN1 100Ms.

When I was in the US back in 1975 I became fully aware of the differences
between a genuine M and a 100 (BN1 or BN2) fitted with a Le Mans kit. Since
then I have been trying to pass on the correct word.

The car in question is a beautiful car, but it is not a 100M and I think
it's unfortunate that it has a 100M grille badge.

I also agree that the seller has probably not picked the best auction house
and location to sell such a car.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Rice [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, 3 October 2013 1:45 PM
To: Patrick & Caroline Quinn
Cc: Healey List
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 LeMans for sale

Patrick,

Craig Rice in Indiana

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 LeMans for sale

> I am pleased to say that the description does not depict it as a 100M, but

> a

[email-masked]

---

From: Jean Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 19:19:21 +0000

Tadek:

Rm Auctions is an automobile auction house from Southern Ontario, here in
Canada but they hold auctions pretty well worldwide and are one of the largest
automobile auction in the world. They have started Auction America about three
years ago, when an American Auctioneer faced closure and as a result have done
fairly well in Carlisle, they also have an auction in Florida that used to be
under the RM banner but for the last two years has been under the Auction
America banner.

>From what I have observed RM Auction is usually more for high end collectible
automobiles while the one like in Carlisle, pretty well anything goes if you
look at what is offered for sale. Do I think that an Austin-Healey 100 like
the one shown in a previous email belong at the same auction as a Chrysler K
car convertible with faked wood paneling on? Not at all in my opinion.

Jean

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Healeys] 100 LeMans for sale
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 18:29:05 +0200

Jean,

I am not from US, so I do not quite understand  why the Auction America would
be better than RM Auctions?..

Tadek

From: Jean Caron [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 3:53 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Healeys] 100 LeMans for sale

Jean

[email-masked]