Subject: Re: [Healeys] Market

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 21:15:49 -0400 (EDT)

All good news to me, not that I'm going to be selling my car any time soon, 
 but when and if the time comes, it's nice to see the prices climbing. The 
latest  Hagerty price guide has a '53 BN1 in number 1 condition going to 
$86,500 US, a  '55 BN2 #1 going for $92,800 and a 56 BN2 #1 for $100,000. The 
M's going for  quite a bit more. Of course mine is almost as rare as yours 
Patrick in that the  build card from the factory lists my car as a BM1. So 
I've probably got the only  BM1 in existence. Truly a rare care. I carry a copy 
of the build card with me in  my car to prove how rare my car is. I also 
have receipts on my car going back to  the bill of sale as well as many more, 
including its first oil change. Which was  all of $5.41, including oil! 
    But I think I'll just keep driving mine for a  while, it's only got a 
little over 57,000 miles on it and she's loves to run.  I'll be taking her 
out for a special drive when she turns sixty this month on  October 29th!
    Thanks for the information.
Steven Kingsbury
BM1 #598
 
In a message dated 10/1/2013 4:28:42 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

G'day

As a case in point about the four-cylinder cars I  received the Bonhams
online catalogue this morning for their auction in  Brussels on 10 October.
There are four big Healeys listed - a BJ7, two BJ8s  and BN1.

The BJ7 is listed to go for 21K to 29K UK Pounds, one BJ8  between 38K to 
54K
Pounds, the other BJ8 is 50K to 67K Pounds. The BN1  which is an early car,
but nothing really special except that like all 100s  it's Mille Miglia
eligible is between 71K to 88K Pounds. Now go and work  that out in your
currency and tell me that the prices of four-cylinder cars  are not heading
upwards.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue  Mountains, Australia
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys