Subject: [Healeys] BN1/2 cockpit length

From: Robin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 00:26:14 -0500

I am fitting the aluminum cockpit trim from another car to my BN1/2 (still
unsure which but evidence says BN2). I have 2 sets of trim that fir perfectly
on the doors and dash but the rear piece is 1.5" too long on each side.

Do cockpit lengths vary that much? My cockpit opening is 33" front to back
down the center line.  Is that correct for a BN1 or BN2 ?

Thanks, Dave Rettew
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: rwil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 23:13:17 -0700

What body numbers on the trim? B In particular the rear piece. B Or are these aftermarket items?
-Roland

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Sb"II Skyrocketb"
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 11:26:14 -0400 (EDT)

I just went out and measured mine with the cockpit surrounds in place,  
right down the middle of the car. From right under the rear view mirror to the  
back is 34 1/2 ". I have a BN1 and it was built in October of '53. 
Hope this helps.
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598
 
In a message dated 10/3/2013 8:16:24 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

One of  the rear pieces is number 7769. The other is not readable due to
corrosion.  Both are the same however. They are not aftermarket. they fit 
the
contours  of the rear shroud fairly well but are just too long. Of course I 
can
cut  them but I am more interested in what this says about my car.  How  
long
should the cockpit be on a BN1 vs, BN2, BN4 & BN6  ?

Dave

[email-masked]