Subject: Re: [Healeys] 2A fuse??

From: Jose Vicente Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 16:40:05 -0500

I would star looking in the girlfriends purse,,,,

Sent from my iPad

> On 20/10/2013, at 4:31 p.m., Tom <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I found a 2A fuse, about 3/4 inch in length, in the footwell of my 66
> BJ8.   Before I crawl into the footwell there head first, does anyone know
> what it might be from and where I should start looking?
>
> I thought the only fuses on a BJ8 were the two on the firewall and the one
> in the boot?
>
> thanks,
>
> Tom
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: jerry wall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 16:42:23 -0500

How about from an old CB?
Cheers,

jerry. wall
rowlett tx. check www.aquaflodrainage.com
> I thought the only fuses on a BJ8 were the two on the firewall and the one
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 00:07:49 +0200

Is there a radio in your car? Perhaps there is a fuse holder on the wire 
to the radio.

Per

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Wendland <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 21:48:41 -0400 (EDT)

And where is this fuse in the BJ8 boot?  I don't recall one back there
or what it could be for.  I've owned my '67 BJ8 since new and don't
remember one back there.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom <[email-masked]>
To: Healey Mail List <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Oct 20, 2013 5:35 pm
Subject: [Healeys] 2A fuse??

I found a 2A fuse, about 3/4 inch in length, in the footwell of my 66
BJ8.   Before I crawl into the footwell there head first, does anyone
know
what it might be from and where I should start looking?

I thought the only fuses on a BJ8 were the two on the firewall and the
one
in the boot?

thanks,

Tom

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:48:55 +0200

Hi
What Tom is referring to is probably that often owners install a fuse on 
the circuit to the number plate light.
This is a smart improvement because very often the cable to the number 
plate light is damaged by various causes, also the grommet gets "worn 
out" over time and it is possible for the cable to get in contact with 
the shroud. If you protect that circuit with a fuse you will avoid a 
cable fire when that happens.

Per

Larry Wendland skrev 2013-10-21 03:48:
> And where is this fuse in the BJ8 boot?

[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Dimmock <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 00:44:52 +1100

I thought Tom was referring to a spare fuse in his toolbox. You know - In his
boot (Trunk) , (you know, whatever you call it - the big space with an opening
lid somewhere behind the rearmost seats).
Found a 2amp fuse in the passengers footwell? I'm betting pounds to peanuts
that your radio / CB / aftermarket stereo/ etc isn't working Tom....
;-)
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:43:40 -0400

I removed the old BMC AM radio from my car last year.   The fuse holder
just crumbled in my fingers, and at the time I thought the fuse holder was
empty.   Maybe there was a fuse in there after all...  It just took time
and bumpy NH roads for the fuse to work its way into the footwell.

Yes, I was referring to the fuse on the license plate light.  The owner's
manual and Chilton's both show one, but I haven't gone looking for it
myself.

A big thanks to everyone!  I was worried something had fallen out the back
of one of the gauges.  Now I can keep on driving for a few more weeks until
road salt season begins.

- Tom

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Chris Dimmock <[email-masked]>wrote:

> I thought Tom was referring to a spare fuse in his toolbox. You know - In
> his boot (Trunk) , (you know, whatever you call it - the big space with an
> opening lid somewhere behind the rearmost seats).
> Found a 2amp fuse in the passengers footwell? I'm betting pounds to
> peanuts that your radio / CB / aftermarket stereo/ etc isn't working Tom....
> ;-)
> Chris
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>

[email-masked]