Subject: Re: [Healeys] I'm stumped

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:00:16 +0000 (UTC)

List,

B 

If there's a leak between the pump and the tank, the pump will run
continuously w/o pumping fuel, right? If the pump stops, it has created
pressure on the delivery side, correct? Sounds to me like there is a partial
blockage on the delivery side of the pump, like within the pipe from the pump
to the flex line at in the engine bay. A partial blockage will allow the fuel
bowls to be filled at stop or idle, but not enough for a drive down the road.
Opening the fuel line at the carbs will show fuel delivery (pump continues to
run), but not enough fuel to operate the car.

B 

Had the same problem on my brother's TR6 earlier this year. Replacing the tank
to pump steel line solved the problem. Pump engine mounted on the TR6.B 

B 

Ed
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys