Subject: Re: [Healeys] Goodridge Brake Lines - Warning

From: "Kerry Gauvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 18:18:26 -0700

I have a BT7 as well and have just received the same brake lines from
moss...will not take to get installed until i hear further about the issue
from your posts
Moss also sells a less expensive set ..has anyone had experience with them /

Kerry
1960 BT7
Victoria BC

-----Original Message-----
From: john spaur [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: June-25-13 12:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Goodridge Brake Lines - Warning

I tried to install the Goodridge brake lines and ran into a problem. 
I have stainless steel main lines and it is recommended to use a copper
crush washer wherever the stainless steel flare meets with another brake
line fitting. Because the Goodridge line meets with a stainless steel flare
at each end a copper crush washer is needed.

The problem is the Goodridge fitting at each end of the line is not machined
the same as the original rubber line fitting. The Goodridge fitting is about
1/16" longer, from the end of the threaded portion, to the end of the
fitting. This only allows for the engagement of about two threads making the
fitting unsafe in my opinion.

I sent a letter to Goodridge with a copy to Moss Motors informing them of
the issue.

John Spaur
'62 BT7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:43:19 -0700

It should only be an issue if you have stainless steel lines and the 
recommended crush washers installed.

John

[email-masked]