Subject: Re: [Healeys] Pertronix Electronic Ingnition for BJ8 with TR6 cap

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 05:43:41 -0700

Tom Felts wrote: 

I would think it would be easier to just slip the old Per out and the new
one in rather than removing and replacing the entire dist.
<<<

If you have a spare distributor, I'd advocate setting it up with points and
condenser, setting the timing and driving the car with it long enough to
verify the condenser is good.

I have an index mark between the base plates of my distributors and the
engine block so they can be removed and replaced without disturbing the
timing. The wires are color coded and I have a wiring diagram on board.

It's easy to fry a pertronix swapping it out on the road (I've done it) and
there's always the chance that what fried the original will also fry the
backup - hence the points distributor.

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys