Subject: [Healeys] NZ Full Moon Silhouettes

From: Al Malin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 14:00:05 -0400

I received the following with a video link. If our NZ members haven't seen
this already I thought they might enjoy this. --- Al Malin, Tricarb

A photographer captured what is one of the most remarkable things I have ever
seen filmed.  It is a 3 minute video clip of the full moon rising over
Wellington NZ. It was shot on a calm summer evening, as people gathered on the
Mt. Victoria Lookout point to watch the moon rise.

The little ripples on the edge of the moon are due to density bubbles in the
atmosphere, and we're looking through a lot of it at this low elevation angle.
You'll notice that the silhouettes of the people are pretty sharp, since there
is a lot less atmosphere from the camera to them than it is from the camera
out to the moon.

This stunning video is one single real-time shot, with no manipulation
whatsoever. The camera was placed on a hillside over 2 kilometers from the
Lookout point, and was shot with the equivalent of a 1300 mm lens.
The amount of planning, trial and error, and luck that went into this are mind
blowing. He has been trying to capture this for over a year with many failed
attempts. But 2 nights ago it seems everything was on his side, and it all
came together in a way even he couldn't have hoped.

I honestly can't say enough good things about this video - from the magnitude
of the visuals, to the intimate stories playing out with the people, to the
sheer humbling nature of seeing the awe-inspiring reality of this giant rock
in the sky that we so often don't stop to appreciate.

One thing I encourage you to do is watch this on the biggest screen you have.

https://vimeo.com/58385453 (sound on)

On Jun 9, 2013, at 7:52 AM, Tom Felts <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Where in NZ do you live?  If near Wellington, to get to the beach you have
to climb over some of the most beautiful mountains on the smallest, most
curvey road I've been on in a while, past the Manuka bushes----------georgous
country---and the Healey isn't to bad either!:)
>
>
> ---- Andrew Thorp <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> =============
> After three years I am nearing the end of the first phase of rebuilding BN4
O
> 40559 which is assembling everything to driving condition to iron out the
> inevitable bugs before a full stripdown for final paint.
>
> We took a drive to
> the beach last Sunday
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Greg Mandas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 14:24:36 -0700 (PDT)

Beautiful.

--- On Sun, 6/9/13, Al Malin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> From: Al Malin <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [Healeys] NZ Full Moon Silhouettes
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 2:00 PM
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 14:40:49 -0700 s=q20121106; t=1370814082; bh=yQpF3BKIlBChi/tARx3SdREPeTyZvSbya6yMvGVnlJ4=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=se2bXKjFBhEY8jnAl0IFt7OIqDNob52yMmSPkIkuXdiI26zoM1XdNDTMrNtnw7UBy Pb2bB+uriKJwjx3jAxu2kukUB63BLv0PzMCYapqau2chrHKyYFIMyyQMD+OqnGu2af KkyN+B0MvMFAv3RlbOy5zH8TG6/vINSML3PbFKdzDXsEbSTGHNn5a2s98Df2laEQLp 1bbfnImj/8xaNBXx9u0vxILt2Ldsrezl6VpetcFJ9EJ7rk+5bN0k1FhRMLe81rBR3f OHn1MoKBxauP7VkboJKAgeVTUmce3nwlqmkWL+aX/h4Ss3m1E0ZIZoCUc5ZjrFapuf uA3NldsZYwGrA==

I agree.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Greg Mandas" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; "Al Malin" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] NZ Full Moon Silhouettes

[email-masked]