Subject: [Healeys] Two-inch Blocks

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 09:24:02 +1000

G'day

No doubt we all know about the 2in blocks that should be placed under the
front shock absorbers arms when an Austin-Healey is off the ground.

Well yesterday I refitted the front springs to the BN3. Apart from having
lots of fun lining up the holes for the bottom spring plates and the
wishbone arms, it all went well.

However it was when I was half way through when I remembered about the 2in
blocks. So one side has the block and on the other the shock arm is pressing
down hard on the new rebound rubber.

Normally it would be a simple matter of just placing the trolley jack under
the spring plate and lifting it up, but there is no engine in the car and
all that happens is that the whole front of the car just lifts.

Any suggestions? Apart from getting a couple of burly blokes to stand on the
chassis rail I can't think of what to do. No I do know want to take the
spring out and start again.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys