Subject: [Healeys] Work stand

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 22:20:36 -0700 (PDT)

Every time I think the body of my BN2 is going to get painted, we find
something that needs to be fixed, welded or adjusted.  It is very close just
for the fact that the painter is tired of seeing it in his shop.  Now I have
the problem of what to do when it comes home.  It is just a body.  There is no
suspension in it yet.  What did some of you guys use during the restoration to
support the body while you worked on it before you installed the suspension? 
I would like to keep it lifted off the ground a few feet while I work on it
just to make it easier on my back.  When I was working on my Bugeye I built a
dolly from 2 X 6s that just fit under the car inside the wheel wells.  It had
caster wheels to move it around the garage and I am considering building
another one for the BN2.  It worked for the Bugeye because of the unibody
construction.  I'm not so sure how this will work for the BN2.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys