Subject: [Healeys] bench bleed master cylinder?

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 19:40:59 -0400

All,

I've fitted a new 5/8" brake master cylinder to the tri-carb.  The part 
number on the box is PMB120X.  I've also rebuilt the two front calipers, 
including the square/quad o-ring between the halves.  After bleeding the 
system with an eezibleed, the brake pedal still has too much travel.  It 
doesn't go all the way to the floor and the travel doesn't change after 
pumping the pedal for a bit.  Thoughts?

On the box, it states that the master cylinder must be bench bleed 
before installation.  How is this different than using the eezibleed?

The box also says that the warranty is void if silicone fluid is used - 
fwiw.  I'm using Castrol GTLMA.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys