Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: Re: Antifreeze

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 7:59:41 -0400

re-sent---first didn't go thry.

Subject: Re: [Healeys] Antifreeze

Chris,
Not sure where made, but BMW, which makes "special" "everything" for their cars, makes what they call Antifreeze/coolent made for the BMW.

I don't have any containers of the stuff I put in my Healey, but at least someone makes a "coolent"

tom

I am talking about coolant, not antifreeze. Antifreeze is not the same
as coolant. Coolant contains antifreeze but also a host of other
chemicals with certain properties, stabilizers, pump lubrication,
corrosion inhibitors etc. It is a whole package.
In warm countries it is obvious hat the antifreeze properties of the
coolant do not bear much significance.
If you have problems with cooling an engine water wetter may sound like
a>
=============
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys