Subject: [Healeys] I'm stumped

From: "David Porter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 20:05:24 -0600

BJ7 sat for 40 odd years. Fuel line from pump to carbs clear. Tried two new
pumps. One SU square body (tried two different bodies) . Replaced
steel/brass banjos to rubber hose with nipples and installed a facet LP
pump. Replaced fuel tank believing the pick up tube was rusted through on
old tank. Checked filler breather. 

 Symptom: car runs for a couple miles and the pump stops pumping (looses
suction) However will pump a steady/adequate quantity when disconnected from
float bowls. Floats and level adjustment at spec. New needles and seat. Hot
or cold.. tried every fix know to man. 3 times at least..still no joy

 What is going on?

dave

[email-masked]

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107
505-352-1378
1954 BN2  1959 AN5
Porter Custom Bicycles

gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/porterscustombicycles/PorterCustomBicyclesStuff

GO HERE:  <http://porterbikes.com/> http://porterbikes.com/  nice
pictures-fun facts-my world
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys