Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fwd: Thermal Switch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 17:22:22 -0500 (CDT)

Charlie,
 
This is what I have done as well.
 
Keith

On 06/12/13, Alan Seigrist wrote:

Hi Charlie -

You fix the otter switch by purchasing a new one, opening the package,
putting the new otter switch in your hand, and throwing it as far as you
can out the window.

These otter switches are notorious, and frankly even when operating have
a tendency to waste a huge amount of fuel. The only way to fix this is to
disconnect the otter switch and link the starter carb (aka Automatic
Enrichment Device) direct to ground with a hand operated switch which cuts
the ground when you don't want it to be on. This was the standard factory
fix, issued by both Austin Healey as well as Jaguar... even the factory
hated the otter switch.

For my Jaguar Mk IX, I have a nice push pull switch installed... works very
well... when it's out, I know the AED is on, and push in to be off. No
need for the AED after to get up to speed, saving fuel.

Best,

Alan

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Charlie Schott <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Could someone please tell me how to fix and test the thermal switch for
> the starter carb on a BT7? I put mine in boiling water and it still showed
> a short. It's now disassembled but I'm not sure on how to proceed. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Charlie Schott
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys