Subject: [Healeys] water wetterer

From: Richard Kahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:32:34 -0700 FILETIME=[96BCAA40:01CE67A3]

I've been using ww for over ten years with 50/50 antifreeze with out any
problems. The coolants cames out clean with out any rust or flakes. Not the
pretty florescent green but slightly redish.   But I tend to change fluid
every 2-3 years. I've also only used distilled water again without problems.
When the engine and head was flushed about 5 years ago for head resurfacing,
not much came out. Maybe this is the reason I've always run cool (165 to175)
when ambient temps under 95.
I've always heard that Water Wetterer created a closer bond with the the
engine allowing more transfer of heat into the coolant.
Maybe when I refill the rad on Saturday, I'll leave it out and watch the temps
for a while. The 165 is actually too cool for max efficiency anyway. (I use an
infrared meter to verify)
Rich Kahn
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys