Subject: [Healeys] Austin Healey for sale - misleading ad

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 21:23:50 +0100

Read this ad

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C397007

Very annoying. So misleading and just plain wrong. I have had several
conversations with the owner over the last 2 years and I've told him that
what he is claiming isn't correct.

Derek
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:13:20 +1000

G'day Derek

This gets filed away in the 'Oh Dear!' department.

Is it the rarest of all Austin-Healey? No, of course not. If you look at the
production Austin-Healeys that prize goes to the 3000 BN7 Mk2 in RHD with a
centre shift box. Just 12 were made and 6 of these went to the BMC
Competitions Department. I'm not going to make mention of the non-production
Austin-Healeys.

Only 130 RHD BN6s produced!!!!! Well according to Clausager there were 133
built for the home market (UK) and 130 for export including 85 in CKD.

Were there 50 BN6s fitted with disc brakes in 1958? I doubt it!

There was a four wheel disc brake option available from the Donald Healey
Motor Company on both the BN4 and BN6 that was available almost throughout
the whole range of both Longbridge and Abingdon produced cars. It cost 85
Pounds or US$245 in $$$ of the day. The brakes were made by Dunlop, but not
quite the same as fitted to the 100S. They were more akin to that available
as an option for the Jaguar Mk1 and fitted as standard to the Mk2.

100/6 S? Is there such an animal, let alone 50 of them? Can't find any
reference to any, besides the Mille Miglia (MM) conversion available direct
from the DHMC. 

Interesting bits of Healey History arise all the time. What I do know that
if you had enough $$$ the DHMC was more than happy to oblige your wishes.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Derek Job
Sent: Sunday, 16 June 2013 6:24 AM
To: Forum
Subject: [Healeys] Austin Healey for sale - misleading ad

Read this ad

Derek

[email-masked]