Subject: [Healeys] clutch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 14:58:08 -0400 (EDT)

I recently reinstalled my trans/OD in my BJ8. The OD was sent out for a
rebuild. The transmission had been working perfectly, prior to removal. I only
had 25,000 miles on the entire drive train, but while the trans/OD was out I
decided to replace the clutch disc because it would be easy to do. The old
disc looked great. It measured 9.5" diameter which is the specification for a
BJ8 clutch. I picked a new one up at Victoria British, but when I got home it
measured 9-1/16" diameter. I called Moss & they assured me that their clutch
measured 9.5" so I ordered it. When it arrived it was identical in every way
to the Victoria British disc. The exact same product. I knew it was not a big
difference so I installed it. The thickness of the new disc was slightly (less
the 1/32") thicker that the old disc. My problem is that now I am having a lot
of trouble getting into 1st & reverse when stopped, even if I go into 2nd
before trying to  shift into 1st or reverse. It is acting like the clutch has
not fully released even though I have the pedal on the floor & there is no air
in the system. I now have 180 miles on the new clutch. Any ideas what is
causing this issue & will it go away when the clutch gets more broken in?
Gary Hodson
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys