Subject: Re: [Healeys] French Healey

From: Austin Healey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 20:22:42 +0200

I now a Healey guy in Amboise, although he has a red/black BJ8. He is
running the Novotel Amboise.

Gergo

2013/6/2 Robert Duquette <[email-masked]>

> I saw a white 6 cylinder Healey today stopped with some other motorists not
> too far from Amboise.  Was it someone from the list?
>
> Robert
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 17:17:21 +0100

With regard to Healeys in France, I'm taking my BT7 over to France in a
couple of weeks time. I aim to do some or all of the Route des Grandes
Alpes. (Google it.)
Anyhow, can anyone give me any tips with regard to contacts/telephone
numbers/whatever in France? There's a fairly good network over here and
likewise in, for example, the US. But France, despite being our nearest
continental neighbour, is a complete mystery to me in Healey terms. I know
that there are quite a few enthusiasts over there but am pretty ignorant as
to who is what and where. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Austin Healey
Sent: 02 June 2013 19:23
Cc: Healeys
Subject: Re: [Healeys] French Healey

Gergo

> I saw a white 6 cylinder Healey today stopped with some other 
> motorists not too far from Amboise.  Was it someone from the list?
>
> Robert
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual 
> donation  $12.75
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Jean Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 17:23:00 +0000

Simon:
Probably one of the best person to contact is Didier Mongin, he is a member of
the Healey Club of France, he also has a website that deals with Austin-Healey
100, you can reach him  by: www.austin-healey.fr

Jean

> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 17:17:21 +0100
> CC: [email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/vintage_roadster_restoration@ho
tmail.com
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 19:45:35 +0200

Simon,
I'm near Montlhery (30 mi south of Paris) and know a good shop nearby.
Drop me a line when you're about to cross the pond.
B
HBT7LO244

Le 03/06/13 18:17, Simon Lachlan a icrit :
> With regard to Healeys in  France, I'm taking my BT7 over to France
 > in a couple of weeks time. I aim to do some or all of the Route des
 > Grandes Alpes. (Google it.) Anyhow, can anyone give me any tips with
 > regard to contacts/telephone numbers/whatever in France? There's a
 > fairly good network over here and likewise in, for example, the US.
 > But France, despite being our nearest continental neighbour, is a
 > complete mystery to me in Healey terms. I know that there are quite
 > a few enthusiasts over there but am pretty ignorant as to who is
 > what and where. Any ideas would be appreciated. Simon
 >
 > -----Original Message----- From: [email-masked]
 > [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Austin Healey
 > Sent: 02 June 2013 19:23 Cc: Healeys Subject: Re: [Healeys] French
 > Healey
 >
 >> Robert _______________________________________________ Support
 >> Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation
 >> $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/archive Forums:
 >> http://www.team.net/forums
 >>
 >> [email-masked]
 > $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/archive Forums:
 > http://www.team.net/forums
 >
 > [email-masked]
 > http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 19:55:34 +0200

Simon,

Bring some snow chains. There is still a fair bit of snow and not all 
passes are open yet. L'Iseran and Galibier may not be open at the time, 
as may be some others. Be prepared for snow on the high roads this year.
Check:
http://www.infotrafic.com/route.php?region=FRANC&link=cols.php?ALPN
shortly before you set of.

If in trouble in France phone the AA or RAC, which ever you are a member 
of, and they will arrange assistance for you in France. Take the 
necessary tools and spares with you: generator/alternator, fuses, 
points, condenser, coil, spark plugs, fuel pump, fuel filter, V belt, 
electric wire, duct tape, water/coolant, oil as 20W50 is not available 
in most places. Luckily the Healey is an extremely simple machine so any 
local garage should be able to fix it. Make sure you carry some spare 
fuel. Fuel can be found at most hyper/super markets. Very little along 
the roads, beware. Use a TomTom/Garmin etc., it will indicate where to 
find them. Sometimes a normal credit/debit card is not accepted, but 
Visa nearly works every time. Most are self service without cashier.

Stick to the smaller roads, set your TomTom on "avoid motorway's" or 
choose the "shortest route". You will encounter the most beautiful and 
surprising places. Plenty of small, cheap hotels (not always indicated 
on the TomTom), most with an excellent restaurant, but you have to be 
prepared for some disillusions, although this happens only very rarely.

Check: http://www.austin-healey.fr/

You may find some contacts there who can help you out when needed, so 
take your I-pad/pod.

Cheers
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

[email-masked]