Subject: Re: [Healeys] New Brake Calipers For Late BJ8 ?

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 08:06:44 -0400

And while you are at it, it would be prudent to install a clutch bleeder
extension available from Doug Reid.
http://www.vintage-sportscar-touring.ca/technical/brakelines.html

Will save you a lot of work and profanity.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Graham Wilkie
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 3:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] New Brake Calipers For Late BJ8 ?

Hi Listers,

I have not been on the Healeys Mailing List for a couple of years, due to
various reasons, and the Healey has sat idle.

I have decided to replace the clutch flex hose and the three brake flex
hoses (as well as attend to other items) before driving the car again. While
contemplating the two front brake hoses, it occurred to me that it would be
prudent to rebuild the two brake calipers while the front end is up on the
stands.

However I noticed that Moss Motors are offering new brake calipers for late
BJ8's (from 26705) for only $87.95 each, on sale.

If anyone has recently purchased a set of these, I would be most grateful if
you would share your thoughts and experiences with these new calipers?

(I have checked the archives and a similar question was raised back in 2009,
but it seems nobody back then had tried these out, as the performance or
quality was not addressed in the various responses).

Cheers, Graham Wilkie.
HBJ8L 32382.
_______________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Jonas Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 07:52:08 -0700

I bought them and put them on my car, they were cheaper than rebuilding the
old ones.

They matched up fine and worked great.

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting
702-882-6711

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 12:43 AM

Hi Listers,

Cheers, Graham Wilkie.
HBJ8L 32382.
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Graham Wilkie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 06:54:51 +0000

Hi John,

Thank you; that is sound advice. However, the work and profanities are behind
me now, as I have already replaced the clutch slave cylinder, and flex hose,
and bled the system.

Cheers, Graham Wilkie.
HBJ8 32382

> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [Healeys] New Brake Calipers For Late BJ8 ?
> Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 08:06:44 -0400
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Graham Wilkie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 07:05:45 +0000

Hi Jonas,

Thank you to yourself and Jerry Costanzo for your positive feedback on these
new calipers.

I will go ahead and order a set and install them with added confidence.

Cheers, Graham Wilkie.
HBJ8L 32382.

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 07:52:08 -0700
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation
> $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

[email-masked]