Subject: [Healeys] New Brake Calipers For Late BJ8 ?

From: Graham Wilkie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 07:43:20 +0000 FILETIME=[28F98D20:01CE73D3]

Hi Listers,

I have not been on the Healeys Mailing List for a couple of years, due to
various reasons, and the Healey has sat idle.

I have decided to replace the clutch flex hose and the three brake flex hoses
(as well as attend to other items) before driving the car again. While
contemplating the two front brake hoses, it occurred to me that it would be
prudent to rebuild the two brake calipers while the front end is up on the
stands.

However I noticed that Moss Motors are offering new brake calipers for late
BJ8's (from 26705) for only $87.95 each, on sale.

If anyone has recently purchased a set of these, I would be most grateful if
you would share your thoughts and experiences with these new calipers?

(I have checked the archives and a similar question was raised back in 2009,
but it seems nobody back then had tried these out, as the performance or
quality was not addressed in the various responses).

Cheers, Graham Wilkie.
HBJ8L 32382.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys