Subject: Re: [Healeys] I'm stumped

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 06:05:47 -0400

It can be a bit of a pain to do but I would suggest making an adapter (I used
an old cap) that will allow you to apply about 3 p.s.i. to the fuel tank.
Apply the pressure and wait.
Eventually fuel will appear where there is a leak between the tank and the
pump.

Michael S

-----Original Message-----
From: "David Porter" <[email-masked]>
Sent: b2013-b06-b17 10:05 PM
To: "'Healey List List'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] I'm stumped

BJ7 sat for 40 odd years. Fuel line from pump to carbs clear. Tried two new
pumps. One SU square body (tried two different bodies) . Replaced
steel/brass banjos to rubber hose with nipples and installed a facet LP
pump. Replaced fuel tank believing the pick up tube was rusted through on
old tank. Checked filler breather.

 Symptom: car runs for a couple miles and the pump stops pumping (looses
suction) However will pump a steady/adequate quantity when disconnected from
float bowls. Floats and level adjustment at spec. New needles and seat. Hot
or cold.. tried every fix know to man. 3 times at least..still no joy

 What is going on?

dave

[email-masked]

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107
505-352-1378
1954 BN2  1959 AN5
Porter Custom Bicycles

gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/porterscustombicycles/PorterCustomBicyclesStuff

GO HERE:  <http://porterbikes.com/> http://porterbikes.com/  nice
pictures-fun facts-my world
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys