Subject: Re: [Healeys] Metallic Green Suspension

From: "Peter & Veronica" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 15:46:59 +1000

G'day Patrick

I have a set of stub axles/king pins that came with my (now V6) BN1 which 
are painted light metallic green. This appears to be the original colour ie 
there doesn't appear to be anything underneath. They are the same as BN1 
parts, but I was told they were from a sedan (A40?)

Cheers

Peter

-----Original Message----- 
From: Patrick & Caroline Quinn
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Metallic Green Suspension

G'day

This morning I started to strip the black paint from the front wheel/brake
backing plates of the BN3 and was reminded of when I last did it in the late
1970s.

Back then I found that the plates had been originally painted metallic
green, along with rest of the suspension and steering arms.

That some of the metallic green paint is still on one of the backing plates
shows how diligent I was thirty plus years ago.

Perhaps someone on the list (like a John Harper) has come across metallic
green suspension components before and can tell me where the suspension
comes from? I've always known that there is something slightly different
with the car's suspension and brakes.

Hoo Roo
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: John Harper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 08:44:12 +0100

Dear Patrick and Peter

I believe that we might be considering two different issues here. The BN1
stub axles, lower links etc. are the same as the A40 Somerset that Peter
mentioned but also the A70 Hereford, A90 Atlantic and others. Austin tended
to colour code some items that were similar but not quite the same such as
coil springs so as not to get them fitted to the wrong cars.

However the later versions of stub axles as fitted to BN2 and presumably
Patrick's car and later models were heavier and such things as the lower
links were handed and cranked. These started life on the A90 Westminster
and were in my view BMC parts not Austin.

Assuming that Patrick's suspension is the later heavier, BN2 on version,
then I have not heard of this colour coding continuing but who knows what
might have happened with a 'special'.

Sorry that I could not help more

Best regards

On 23 June 2013 05:02, Patrick & Caroline Quinn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Patrick Quinn
> Blue Mountains, Australia
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
Best wishes

John Harper

AHC UK 100 Register Secretary
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]