Subject: [Healeys] E-brake mount broken - [was Rear drums 65 bj8]

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 08:42:06 -0700

Greg Mandas wrote:

<<< 

Since I can't adjust the rear shoes close enough and the E-Brake doesn't
have "That" much travel, they barely engage with the handle straight up.

It would work if the thumb release had another tooth or two on which to
grip.

I'd guess the parking brake mount is broken - this because of the lever
rotating so far upward. Mine was weak and broken loose from the frame. I
made a simple clamp-on bracket to hold it from a scrap piece of angle. 

See:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/140695876

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys