Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brakes squeeling

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 03:38:21 +0800

Try shims from a different supplier.  Also, I really like Redstuff or
Greenstuff pads, they don't squeak!

On Sunday, June 30, 2013, Joan Yow wrote:

> Hi Healey friends - just returned from Conclave, managed to scare many
> Healey drivers and lots of Canadians, every touch of the brakes produced
> long squeels. Had the sounds before, replaced the pads with ones
> recommended, installed shims, nothing seems to work, Mike Salter had
> rebuilt the calipers so I am sure they are fine. Suggestions?? Frank Yow BT7
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 15:50:28 -0400

I've been using the Greenstuff pads also and no issues or squeals at all. Good
life also.

Randy

>> rebuilt the calipers so I am sure they are fine. Suggestions?? Frank Yow
BT7
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 12:58:43 -0700

Make sure rotors are smooth, no circle marks from having them turned. Soft
pads too. Grooves and hard pads create a harmonic result.

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
please excuse typos. Sent from my phone
On Jun 30, 2013 12:38 PM, "Alan Seigrist" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Swain <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 22:14:22 +0000

Frank
Others have suggested replacing the pads with other material and/or trying
other shims. How about some anti-squeal spray on the back of the pads? That
has cured squealing for me on other cars. I once had a TR7 with a persistent
squeal and tried the other fixes without any success. Someone suggested
chamfering the leading edge of the pads and that finally cured the problem.
Are you sure the problem wasn't all the rain??
Good to meet you at Conclave.
Rick Swain'59 BN4
Back home in soggy Nova Scotia with carpets hanging in front of a fan and a
heater going full blast in the car to try to dry out the underlay

[email-masked]

---

From: Don Joy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 16:13:39 -0700

I had terrible squealing problems with the brakes on my '67 BJ8 until a
British shop here in town told me to try some  pads made by TRW.  They are
part number GDB 541 and says for Austin Healey, Morgan, and Morgan Plus on the
box.  They also have Lucas on the box.  Since then I have had no problems with
squealing.

Don Joy
Yakima, WA

> Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 11:50:11 -0700
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Healeys] Brakes squeeling
>
Healey drivers and lots of Canadians, every touch of the brakes produced long
squeels. Had the sounds before, replaced the pads with ones recommended,
installed shims, nothing seems to work, Mike Salter had rebuilt the calipers
so I am sure they are fine. Suggestions?? Frank Yow BT7
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]