Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non Healey Related -Mosquito Flies Again

From: "Mark Donaldson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 14:14:06 +1300

Hi Graeme,

It was ex-pat Kiwi, Mike Salter, who posted the link. Mike is
ex-RNZAF, so I bet he's enjoying this.  Here is the TVNZ News link he
posted.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/warbird-flies-again-video-5108120

I hope Listers won't mind me adding a bit more.  Most cars nuts I know
just love vintage aircraft too. And some of us have worked in
aviation.

I live just a mile from the Ardmore aerodrome, which is the busiest in
NZ and also the home of the NZ Warbirds.  I saw KA114 being rebuilt.
I was lucky enough to be on the airfield when she returned from a
shake-down flight back from Auckland International Airport on Friday
28th September.  She touched down right in front of me, preceded a few
minutes earlier by owner Gerry Yagen in his private jet.

Returned from AIA to Ardmore, Friday 28th Sept.

In the following video clip I am in the group of spectators at 1:42.
The jet at 2:12 is Gerry Yagen.   Note the Mosquito bears his personal
registration EGY.

http://www.youtube..com/watch?v=YEyDlgJYIF8

The big celebration on Saturday, 29th Sept.  

Spitfire, Mossie, Kittihawk and Mustang.  All Ardmore residents.

There are two more Mosquito restorations under way.  KA114 is just the
first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_804090
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_804090&feature=
iv&src_vid=YEyDlgJYIF8&v=kUU7hBGy0lk>
&feature=iv&src_vid=YEyDlgJYIF8&v=kUU7hBGy0lk

Crank up the volume and enjoy!

Cheers

Mark

Ardmore

Auckland, NZ

_______________________________________________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Graeme Molony [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, 1 November 2012 3:21 p.m.
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Non Healey Related -Mosquito Flys Again

Hi Listers

Sorry to bother you but I unfortunately deleted the email from one of
the list

members ( New Zealand I think) who provided a connection to the You
Tube video

of the Mosquito Bomber that was recently restored in NZ.

If any one has the connection would appreciate the contact details

Regards

Graeme

BJ8
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Graeme Molony" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 18:35:21 +1100

Try again original message too long
----- Original Message -----
From: Graeme Molony
To: Mark Donaldson ; [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non Healey Related -Mosquito Flies Again

Thanks Mark

And to all of the other list members who replied  with the link details.

I think that you are correct when you state that the most car nuts  are also
into vintage aircraft as well as cars.

I know that I enjoy them and one of my most enjoyable experiences was
attending the Oshkosh air show back in 1996 in the company of Neil Anderson
(Hi Neal if you are on the list) on our way to the 1996 Conclave meeting.

Incidentally we hadn't booked any accomodation for the night on the way to the
Healey meet and what with the airshow and a fishing competition on Lake
Michigan no beds were to be had and we alternated drivers until 5.00 am the
next morning when we finally found a bed about 40 miles from our destination.

Interesting drive in the Healey wrong side of the road heading north to round
the lake and come back south on a road I had never seen before in my life with
the gear change on the wrong side.

Re the restoration of the Mosquito bomber I thought one had been restored here
in Melbourne and was back in the air, as I visited the RAAF museum here in
Melbourne a few years back and they were restoring a Mosquito at that time. I
have tried to check on line what happened with this plane but can find nothing
on it at this stage so assume it may still be a work in progress

Cheers from down under

Graeme  Molony (BJ8)
 3 Marabou  Mews
Mount Martha
Vic 3934

[email-masked]