Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coolent leak-------new twist-----another observation

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:55:37 +0100

Tom
It sounds like you have a perfectly usable core, so that you can either 
purchase a rebuilt pump from Michael or you can purchase a kit from him 
and rebuild it yourself. Don't make the same mistake as I did, I 
replaced my perfectly usable pump with a new one, just to be on the safe 
side because my car had not been used for 15 years. The new pump lasted 
half a year. Needless to say, I now have an old rebuilt pump, that has 
served me OK for the last 4 years. Took it apart a couple of weeks ago, 
cleaned and relubricated it. I expect it to last a long time.

Per

Tom Felts skrev 2012-11-23 19:29:
> That is what I'm finding out.  But---I may not have a choice unless someone has a NOS one lying around they want to sell---which isn't likely.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: John Vrugtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 19:17:23 -0500

The trick to all this is to have a new pump in the boot.  Then the one 
on the engine will not fail;-)

John
64/66BJ8s

On 11/23/2012 4:55 PM, Per Schoerner wrote:
> Tom
> It sounds like you have a perfectly usable core, so that you can 
> either purchase a rebuilt pump from Michael or you can purchase a kit 
> from him and rebuild it yourself. Don't make the same mistake as I 
> did, I replaced my perfectly usable pump with a new one, just to be on 
> the safe side because my car had not been used for 15 years. The new 
> pump lasted half a year. Needless to say, I now have an old rebuilt 
> pump, that has served me OK for the last 4 years. Took it apart a 
> couple of weeks ago, cleaned and relubricated it. I expect it to last 
> a long time.
>
> Per
>
>> That is what I'm finding out.  But---I may not have a choice unless 
>> someone has a NOS one lying around they want to sell---which isn't 
>> likely.
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 03:22:20 +0000

I carried one in the boot for 2.5 yrs and then the generator front bearing failed instead 500 miles from home. Is that Sods or Murphies law?
Neil
Enviado desde mi BlackBerry. de Vodafone

-----Original Message-----
From: John Vrugtman <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coolent leak-------new twist-----another observation

John
64/66BJ8s

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Ewald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 21:56:48 -0800

Look the way it works is simple.
if you have all the parts and the tools to fix it with you in the boot,
that part will never fail.
Got a spare set of points, screwdriver and a feeler gauge?  No issues with
the points.
Got a set of plugs and a plug wrench?  No issues with the spark plugs.
However if you have points and plugs that is no guarantee that the water
pump won't fail.
Got the water pump, but not the tools to change it?  Ooooh, not a good
idea.  Do you feel lucky?
Rick
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]