Subject: [Healeys] another overdrive problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 09:05:13 -0500 (EST)

Recently, I mentioned that my overdrive has begun to shift into OD more
slowly. The shifts can take up to 3-5 seconds. This problem has progressed to
the point that now about 50% of the time it does not shift into OD at all.
When this happens I noticed an unusual phenomena. If I shift into OD, but the
OD does not engage, and I take my foot off the gas, the engine RPM drops
immediately to idle, even though the clutch is still engaged & I may be going
60 MPH. The RPM does not drop to idle if I am in direct drive & I take my foot
off the gas at 60 MPH. So, apparently the OD has partially engaged but not
completely. Does anyone know what is happening in this example? Obviously, the
electrical part of the OD is engaging or it would act just like direct drive.
I have not had an opportunity to check the OD operating pressure, but will
soon. The transmission is full of the correct oil.
Gary Hodson
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys