Subject: [Healeys] vernier timing gear

From: Jonathan Quandt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 13:03:08 -0800

Anyone installed a vernier timing gear from Dennis welch? I am curious  
if one needs to install a tensioner ring on the gear? Are these  
functional without any oil thrower attached to them, and how to secure  
the cam gear securing nut as there is no provision for the locking tab  
washer to be used on this unit. Should I just use locktite? Cheers, JQ
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Phil Jarrett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:01:24 -0500

Hello ,

I just had the DW vernier experience. It was very frustrating. In the end I
was told to drill the cam nut and lock wire it to the cam gear. I got this
straight from DW, I do not understand why they refuse to include detailed
installation instructions. Nice looking gear, the rest of the setup is normal
, nothing else is changed.
Phil

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-11-11, at 16:03, Jonathan Quandt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Anyone installed a vernier timing gear from Dennis welch? I am curious if
one needs to install a tensioner ring on the gear? Are these functional
without any oil thrower attached to them, and how to secure the cam gear
securing nut as there is no provision for the locking tab washer to be used on
this unit. Should I just use locktite? Cheers, JQ
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]