Subject: [Healeys] Webers

From: Joe and Lenore Armour <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 10:17:18 +1100

Millions of European and British older cars are fitted with Webers as 
standard and nobody complains!!!!!!
Why?  Select and fit the right Weber for the job.  Some mild engine 
upgrades on small bore motors in UK even look for production Weber carbs 
to fit to their engine.  So you grind the holy daylight out of the cam, 
take a 100 thou off the head, slash the weight of the flywheel and what, 
it wont idle?  Me thinks this is not the Webers fault. Oh, and you want 
to redline it and race everone in the street and surprise, poor fuel 
consumption!

My Webers start every time. The sound is glorious and everone wants to 
talk to me. What more could a bloke want? I actually think it a great 
success the amount of fuel I can pass through my Webers because it gives 
me the result I wanted --- fun, fun, fun.

BUT, they have to be jetted and set up correctly and that almost means 
talk to Peter Molloy or do dyno time WITH someone who has the knowledge 
and selection of bits to fill all those ports and orifices.

Camshafts, read Colin Campbell's book, 'The Sports Car Engine'.  He 
lists 17 different grinds with a comment on their effect. He lists the 
standard and usually aftermarket  grinders from the US.
Then get the Weber book by ( cant remember at the moment, but it has a  
small green  cover) and this has some specs for Healeys including the 
float levels.  Dont just see the bloke down the road who had one on his 
Trabant that he got from his mate cheap.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys