Subject: [Healeys] 100-6 BN4 brake bleeding - follow up

From: "Larry Varley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:25:21 +1100

I admit I haven't really followed this thread, and don't want to tread on
toes, but would like to add that the best way to get the air out of the
front brake cylinders is to completely de adjust the front brakes first,
which bottoms out the cylinder pistons and reduces the amount of air trapped
in the cylinder. I have found the brakes bleed pretty easily if you do this.
Cheers
Larry
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 20:33:52 -0400

Maybe they don't know the difference between the brake and clutch pedal:):):)

---- Patrick and Caroline Quinn <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============
G'day

In over 40 years of Austin-Healey ownership I have never been able to
understand why woman cannot comprehend the basics of brake bleeding.

I have forgotten how many times I have asked my wife to push the pedal when
I say and then let it up when I say, but it just never works. My sons on the
other hand have no problem with it.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Simon Lachlan
Sent: Wednesday, 24 October 2012 2:44 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100-6 BN4 brake bleeding - follow up

Yes, for sure.

And getting my wife to sit in the car while I crawl around underneath and to
do what she's asked (told!) is a tough business. So much so that I take it
to the small local garage, hoist it up and get one of the boys there to
help. All after hours and cash in hand.

Simon

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 23 October 2012 16:12
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100-6 BN4 brake bleeding - follow up

So would the brake bleeding mantra between my wife and I change from "Down,
Down, Up, Up" to "Almost Down, Almost Down, Up, Up" :)

Aloha

Perry

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Lachlan <[email-masked]>

Note:-
An interpretation of the paragraph, below, might imply that one tightens the
bleeder just as the pedal's downward stroke is ending. Not after it's
finished. That way no air can come in against the outward flow of fluid.
Works for me.
Simon
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

[email-masked]