Subject: Re: [Fot] 2026 Kastner Cup weekend - Race Reports

From: Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2026 00:15:20 -0500

--===============5851487803815550070==

--0000000000009fd55c0655213241
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hennry,
Thanks for the great details and story telling.
Awesome two-year run as an on- and off-track leader.
Our Great Tradition continues because your efforts

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6+ racecars

On Thu, Jun 25, 2026 at 6:16=E2=80=AFPM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Track time was plentiful, 10 sessions plus more if you ran test day.
> Friday was an easy day, a morning practice session, then an afternoon
> qualifying session. Unfortunately for Mike Deweerd, his TR8 was out for
> the weekend on Friday. This made it a little clearer what to expect up
> front the rest of the event, with only one TR8 running it was Tim Cook's
> time to shine up front. Spoiler alert, he did not disappoint!
>
> Our first special race was the Frank Mount Memorial MG/TR Challenge. To
> give you some history, Triumphs have dominated this race for a while
> now. The Canadians might just be a little bit sore about that fact, and
> the rules for the race are always weighted heavily on participation
> rather than finishing order! This year, they really didn't try to hide
> their bias, they arranged the starting order as first come, first served
> with the MG's taking the first 15 grid spots! Just to be sure we had it
> as tough as possible, they put Tim Cook with his TR8 in the race group
> immediately preceding the MG/TR Challenge race, so his participation
> would be questionable. Then an added deterrent, the scheduled the MG/TR
> Challenge just before the lunch break, and the Kastner Cup just after
> lunch, so with minimal turnaround time many of our guys chose to sit out
> the Challenge race. I am not sure what else they could have done to us,
> other than leaving one plug wire off per car!
>
> Waiting for the grid to open, we strategized to put me in the TR250
> first, Phil Gott and Bob Lang lined up behind me. Also in line were Greg
> Thompson, Walt Hollowell, Stewart Wigg and Dave Riddle. I had talked to
> Tim Cook, his plan was to run the Challenge race if things went well in
> his group race immediately prior. On the MG side, the car to beat was an
> MG Midget piloted by the very talented and always fast Nick Pratt. Nick
> and I have had some epic David and Goliath battles, Goliath has had the
> slight edge in the past and has been victorious.
>
> The race starts with me taking a couple laps to clear the lion's share
> of the MG's. It seems to me they are doing a great job blocking me in
> wherever possible, but nobody is so obvious I can cry foul. When I
> finally get clear track Nick has been doing fast laps by himself, and I
> have over 7 seconds to make up. I settle in to the job at hand, and the
> gap closes. Then, as I am motoring up the back straight, I see in my
> mirror a white dot getting bigger! Tim made the race, and he in on the
> hunt as well! The TR8 blows by me in a flash, and I'm thinking the good
> guys have this one in the bag, if time runs out for me at least Tim will
> be first. Then two laps later on lap 8, I turn my best lap of the race,
> a 1:40.1 and I pass Nick on the back straight. Triumph 1 - 2, and I keep
> Tim in my sights as he stays about 3 seconds in front of me for the last
> 4 laps.
>
> So it's Tim on the top step of the podium, I come in second and Nick
> Pratt third. Bob Lang ran 4th overall. So I am not sure how the math
> worked out for which team won, but I am pretty sure we didn't stand a
> chance with the schedule effectively benching most of our team. But of
> course, it doesn't matter, we all had fun and the streak of Triumphs
> dominating the top spot is unbroken!
>
> Next up, the Kastner Cup race!
>
> Not much to say here other than I started second and finished second. I
> was driving the wheels off the car trying to keep up with Tim's TR8, I
> kept the gap between 1.5 to 3 seconds most of the race. Unfortunately,
> when Pat Darrow had his little shunt in 1, that caused a waiving yellow
> for the rest of the session, and I caught traffic on lap 11 and 12 in
> the yellow flag zone, so the gap opened up to 5.5 seconds at the end.
> Tim's comment to me after the race was thanks for keeping him honest, my
> comment to him was I thought I had to work way harder than he did, in
> which he agreed with me! My best lap was a 1:41.19 vs Tim with a
> 1:40.95, so that made me feel pretty good about the race.
>
> Then on Sunday, the Jack Drews Memorial Race, formerly known as the
> Reunion Race!
>
> Tim had to get home on Sunday, so was packed up and gone by the time
> racing started on Sunday. I was on pole, and Jesse Darrow did all he
> could to keep me honest! I put about a 2.5 second gap on Jesse when Oily
> Bob did his thing for the last time, putting a layer of oil up most of
> the back straight. We reported to the pits and waited a solid half hour
> for the track to get cleaned. I was sure we were done, but VARAC
> announced they were going to let us go green for another 10 minutes!
> This time it was Jesse driving like a man on a mission, keeping me
> honest until suddenly, he was gone. In fact, I saw nobody in my mirrors
> for the last two laps, upon finishing I see I gapped Chuck Gee in second
> place by 14.2 seconds in 6 laps! Thanks for the motivation, Jesse! At
> the podium, Jesse tried to sneak into Chuck's second place pedestal, too
> funny. Apparently, Jesse ran out of fuel! Bob Lang took third.
>
> Finally, my group race!
>
> My bracket, VH3, means don't go faster than a 1:40. For whatever reason,
> I happen to run at the bottom of that bracket, a 1:40 is a good time for
> me. As such, I do well with the bracket. This year was no different, I
> finished first in VH3 in the 3 races leading up to the feature race
> Sunday afternoon. This year we had a bunch of Mustangs that had never
> run with VARAC before, and for whatever reason they put them with us in
> Vintage Historic. Not a great fit, and the one that was always gridded
> with me had a problem with his fuel cell, he kept dumping gas on corners
> at the beginning of the race. It was a slippery situation, to say the
> least! And it took him several laps to put down a couple of faster laps
> than me to be out of my hair. So in the feature, I am coming around turn
> 10 finishing up lap 2, and I am too close to the fuel spilling Mustang.
> The second place VH3 car, a 911, gets a better run than I do and passes
> me going into 1. I fall back behind him and find out he has a bit more
> straight line speed, but is absolutely hopeless in 1 and 2. For 3 laps I
> follow watching closely, figuring out where I am going to get him,
> hoping I have a shot somewhere other than turn 2, as he is all over the
> place and completely unpredictable. It's apparent I am going to have to
> man up and do the deed in turn 2, so I give it a go with no joy. The
> next time around I get next to him at the first apex of turn 2 on the
> outside and we slide our way down the hill side by side. As we approach
> 3, now I have the inside line and he gives it to me. I proceed to drive
> it like I stole it, I need to gap him so he doesn't take me on the back
> straight. I proceed to put down a great lap, and can barely see the 911
> in my rear view mirror. I take the checkered flag knowing I should be
> golden for another class win, hoping I didn't break out. I hold my
> breath and at the podium I am given the first place trophy. All good, I
> think...
>
> I pull out Speedhive to see I ran a 1:39.2, my best lap ever at Mosport.
> I broke out, but Colleen didn't realize at the time! We will see if I
> get penalized that lap at some point, but I have the hardware!
>
> So that's it, my time as Kastner Cup chair has come to an end. I hope
> everyone who came enjoyed the experience as much as I do, and I look
> forward to next year to see how many Triumph racers will now say their
> June event is Mosport!
>
> Cheers
>
> Henry
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--0000000000009fd55c0655213241
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hennry,<div>Thanks for the great details and story telling=
.</div><div>Awesome two-year run as an on- and off-track leader.</div><div>=
Our Great Tradition continues because your efforts</div><div><br></div><div=
>Jason Ostrowski</div><div>Friendly Ghost Racing</div><div>1969 Triumph GT6=
+ racecars=C2=A0</div><div><br><div><br></div></div></div><br><div class=3D=
"gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">O=
n Thu, Jun 25, 2026 at 6:16=E2=80=AFPM &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:yellow04@tr4ra=
cer.com">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D=
"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(2=
04,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Track time was plentiful, 10 sessions plus mo=
re if you ran test day. <br>
Friday was an easy day, a morning practice session, then an afternoon <br>
qualifying session. Unfortunately for Mike Deweerd, his TR8 was out for <br=
the weekend on Friday. This made it a little clearer what to expect up <br>
front the rest of the event, with only one TR8 running it was Tim Cook&#39;=
s <br>
time to shine up front. Spoiler alert, he did not disappoint!<br>
<br>
Our first special race was the Frank Mount Memorial MG/TR Challenge. To <br=
give you some history, Triumphs have dominated this race for a while <br>
now. The Canadians might just be a little bit sore about that fact, and <br=
the rules for the race are always weighted heavily on participation <br>
rather than finishing order! This year, they really didn&#39;t try to hide =
<br>
their bias, they arranged the starting order as first come, first served <b=
r>
with the MG&#39;s taking the first 15 grid spots! Just to be sure we had it=
 <br>
as tough as possible, they put Tim Cook with his TR8 in the race group <br>
immediately preceding the MG/TR Challenge race, so his participation <br>
would be questionable. Then an added deterrent, the scheduled the MG/TR <br=
Challenge just before the lunch break, and the Kastner Cup just after <br>
lunch, so with minimal turnaround time many of our guys chose to sit out <b=
r>
the Challenge race. I am not sure what else they could have done to us, <br=
other than leaving one plug wire off per car!<br>
<br>
Waiting for the grid to open, we strategized to put me in the TR250 <br>
first, Phil Gott and Bob Lang lined up behind me. Also in line were Greg <b=
r>
Thompson, Walt Hollowell, Stewart Wigg and Dave Riddle. I had talked to <br=
Tim Cook, his plan was to run the Challenge race if things went well in <br=
his group race immediately prior. On the MG side, the car to beat was an <b=
r>
MG Midget piloted by the very talented and always fast Nick Pratt. Nick <br=
and I have had some epic David and Goliath battles, Goliath has had the <br=
slight edge in the past and has been victorious.<br>
<br>
The race starts with me taking a couple laps to clear the lion&#39;s share =
<br>
of the MG&#39;s. It seems to me they are doing a great job blocking me in <=
br>
wherever possible, but nobody is so obvious I can cry foul. When I <br>
finally get clear track Nick has been doing fast laps by himself, and I <br=
have over 7 seconds to make up. I settle in to the job at hand, and the <br=
gap closes. Then, as I am motoring up the back straight, I see in my <br>
mirror a white dot getting bigger! Tim made the race, and he in on the <br>
hunt as well! The TR8 blows by me in a flash, and I&#39;m thinking the good=
 <br>
guys have this one in the bag, if time runs out for me at least Tim will <b=
r>
be first. Then two laps later on lap 8, I turn my best lap of the race, <br=
a 1:40.1 and I pass Nick on the back straight. Triumph 1 - 2, and I keep <b=
r>
Tim in my sights as he stays about 3 seconds in front of me for the last <b=
r>
4 laps.<br>
<br>
So it&#39;s Tim on the top step of the podium, I come in second and Nick <b=
r>
Pratt third. Bob Lang ran 4th overall. So I am not sure how the math <br>
worked out for which team won, but I am pretty sure we didn&#39;t stand a <=
br>
chance with the schedule effectively benching most of our team. But of <br>
course, it doesn&#39;t matter, we all had fun and the streak of Triumphs <b=
r>
dominating the top spot is unbroken!<br>
<br>
Next up, the Kastner Cup race!<br>
<br>
Not much to say here other than I started second and finished second. I <br=
was driving the wheels off the car trying to keep up with Tim&#39;s TR8, I =
<br>
kept the gap between 1.5 to 3 seconds most of the race. Unfortunately, <br>
when Pat Darrow had his little shunt in 1, that caused a waiving yellow <br=
for the rest of the session, and I caught traffic on lap 11 and 12 in <br>
the yellow flag zone, so the gap opened up to 5.5 seconds at the end. <br>
Tim&#39;s comment to me after the race was thanks for keeping him honest, m=
y <br>
comment to him was I thought I had to work way harder than he did, in <br>
which he agreed with me! My best lap was a 1:41.19 vs Tim with a <br>
1:40.95, so that made me feel pretty good about the race.<br>
<br>
Then on Sunday, the Jack Drews Memorial Race, formerly known as the <br>
Reunion Race!<br>
<br>
Tim had to get home on Sunday, so was packed up and gone by the time <br>
racing started on Sunday. I was on pole, and Jesse Darrow did all he <br>
could to keep me honest! I put about a 2.5 second gap on Jesse when Oily <b=
r>
Bob did his thing for the last time, putting a layer of oil up most of <br>
the back straight. We reported to the pits and waited a solid half hour <br=
for the track to get cleaned. I was sure we were done, but VARAC <br>
announced they were going to let us go green for another 10 minutes! <br>
This time it was Jesse driving like a man on a mission, keeping me <br>
honest until suddenly, he was gone. In fact, I saw nobody in my mirrors <br=
for the last two laps, upon finishing I see I gapped Chuck Gee in second <b=
r>
place by 14.2 seconds in 6 laps! Thanks for the motivation, Jesse! At <br>
the podium, Jesse tried to sneak into Chuck&#39;s second place pedestal, to=
o <br>
funny. Apparently, Jesse ran out of fuel! Bob Lang took third.<br>
<br>
Finally, my group race!<br>
<br>
My bracket, VH3, means don&#39;t go faster than a 1:40. For whatever reason=
, <br>
I happen to run at the bottom of that bracket, a 1:40 is a good time for <b=
r>
me. As such, I do well with the bracket. This year was no different, I <br>
finished first in VH3 in the 3 races leading up to the feature race <br>
Sunday afternoon. This year we had a bunch of Mustangs that had never <br>
run with VARAC before, and for whatever reason they put them with us in <br=
Vintage Historic. Not a great fit, and the one that was always gridded <br>
with me had a problem with his fuel cell, he kept dumping gas on corners <b=
r>
at the beginning of the race. It was a slippery situation, to say the <br>
least! And it took him several laps to put down a couple of faster laps <br=
than me to be out of my hair. So in the feature, I am coming around turn <b=
r>
10 finishing up lap 2, and I am too close to the fuel spilling Mustang. <br=
The second place VH3 car, a 911, gets a better run than I do and passes <br=
me going into 1. I fall back behind him and find out he has a bit more <br>
straight line speed, but is absolutely hopeless in 1 and 2. For 3 laps I <b=
r>
follow watching closely, figuring out where I am going to get him, <br>
hoping I have a shot somewhere other than turn 2, as he is all over the <br=
place and completely unpredictable. It&#39;s apparent I am going to have to=
 <br>
man up and do the deed in turn 2, so I give it a go with no joy. The <br>
next time around I get next to him at the first apex of turn 2 on the <br>
outside and we slide our way down the hill side by side. As we approach <br=
3, now I have the inside line and he gives it to me. I proceed to drive <br=
it like I stole it, I need to gap him so he doesn&#39;t take me on the back=
 <br>
straight. I proceed to put down a great lap, and can barely see the 911 <br=
in my rear view mirror. I take the checkered flag knowing I should be <br>
golden for another class win, hoping I didn&#39;t break out. I hold my <br>
breath and at the podium I am given the first place trophy. All good, I <br=
think...<br>
<br>
I pull out Speedhive to see I ran a 1:39.2, my best lap ever at Mosport. <b=
r>
I broke out, but Colleen didn&#39;t realize at the time! We will see if I <=
br>
get penalized that lap at some point, but I have the hardware!<br>
<br>
So that&#39;s it, my time as Kastner Cup chair has come to an end. I hope <=
br>
everyone who came enjoyed the experience as much as I do, and I look <br>
forward to next year to see how many Triumph racers will now say their <br>
June event is Mosport!<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
<br>
Henry<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<a>[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<a rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a rel=3D"=
noreferrer">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000009fd55c0655213241--

--===============5851487803815550070==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============5851487803815550070==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2026 06:07:27 -0400

--===============7722731505355737161==
 boundary="=_522b689723b18b28ef88eb53469f5372"

--=_522b689723b18b28ef88eb53469f5372
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
 format=flowed

Thanks Lorne, we missed you this year!

And way to go Bob Lang is right! Bob made quite the impression with his 
driving on everyone. On a fresh motor he came to the track ready to race 
and showed us how it's done!

Congrats Bob on being the 2026 Kastner Cup Champion!!!

Henry

On 2026-06-25 23:33, Lorne Fritz wrote:

> Henry,  Thanks for the race report for those of us who could not make 
> it.  Way to go Bob Lang.   Lorne Fritz
> 
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2026 at 6:59 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
--=_522b689723b18b28ef88eb53469f5372
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=
=3DUTF-8" /></head><body style=3D'font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,Gen=
eva,sans-serif'>
<p>Thanks Lorne, we missed you this year!</p>
<p>And way to go Bob Lang is right! Bob made quite the impression with his =
driving on everyone. On a fresh motor he came to the track ready to race an=
d showed us how it's done!</p>
<p>Congrats Bob on being the 2026 Kastner Cup Champion!!!</p>
<p>Henry</p>
<div id=3D"signature"></div>
<p><br /></p>
<p id=3D"reply-intro">On 2026-06-25 23:33, Lorne Fritz wrote:</p>
<blockquote type=3D"cite" style=3D"padding: 0 0.4em; border-left: #1010ff 2=
px solid; margin: 0">
<div id=3D"replybody1">
<div dir=3D"ltr">Henry,&nbsp; Thanks for the race report for those of us wh=
o could not make it.&nbsp; Way to go Bob Lang.&nbsp;&nbsp; Lorne Fritz</div>
<br />
<div class=3D"v1gmail_quote v1gmail_quote_container">
<div class=3D"v1gmail_attr" dir=3D"ltr">On Thu, Jun 25, 2026 at 6:59=E2=80=
=AFPM &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer">yello=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div>
<blockquote class=3D"v1gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; bor=
der-left: 1px solid #cccccc; padding-left: 1ex;">Track time was plentiful, =
10 sessions plus more if you ran test day. <br />Friday was an easy day, a =
morning practice session, then an afternoon <br />qualifying session. Unfor=
tunately for Mike Deweerd, his TR8 was out for <br />the weekend on Friday.=
 This made it a little clearer what to expect up <br />front the rest of th=
e event, with only one TR8 running it was Tim Cook's <br />time to shine up=
 front. Spoiler alert, he did not disappoint!<br /><br />Our first special =
race was the Frank Mount Memorial MG/TR Challenge. To <br />give you some h=
istory, Triumphs have dominated this race for a while <br />now. The Canadi=
ans might just be a little bit sore about that fact, and <br />the rules fo=
r the race are always weighted heavily on participation <br />rather than f=
inishing order! This year, they really didn't try to hide <br />their bias,=
 they arranged the starting order as first come, first served <br />with th=
e MG's taking the first 15 grid spots! Just to be sure we had it <br />as t=
ough as possible, they put Tim Cook with his TR8 in the race group <br />im=
mediately preceding the MG/TR Challenge race, so his participation <br />wo=
uld be questionable. Then an added deterrent, the scheduled the MG/TR <br /=
>Challenge just before the lunch break, and the Kastner Cup just after <br =
/>lunch, so with minimal turnaround time many of our guys chose to sit out =
<br />the Challenge race. I am not sure what else they could have done to u=
s, <br />other than leaving one plug wire off per car!<br /><br />Waiting f=
or the grid to open, we strategized to put me in the TR250 <br />first, Phi=
l Gott and Bob Lang lined up behind me. Also in line were Greg <br />Thomps=
on, Walt Hollowell, Stewart Wigg and Dave Riddle. I had talked to <br />Tim=
 Cook, his plan was to run the Challenge race if things went well in <br />=
his group race immediately prior. On the MG side, the car to beat was an <b=
r />MG Midget piloted by the very talented and always fast Nick Pratt. Nick=
 <br />and I have had some epic David and Goliath battles, Goliath has had =
the <br />slight edge in the past and has been victorious.<br /><br />The r=
ace starts with me taking a couple laps to clear the lion's share <br />of =
the MG's. It seems to me they are doing a great job blocking me in <br />wh=
erever possible, but nobody is so obvious I can cry foul. When I <br />fina=
lly get clear track Nick has been doing fast laps by himself, and I <br />h=
ave over 7 seconds to make up. I settle in to the job at hand, and the <br =
/>gap closes. Then, as I am motoring up the back straight, I see in my <br =
/>mirror a white dot getting bigger! Tim made the race, and he in on the <b=
r />hunt as well! The TR8 blows by me in a flash, and I'm thinking the good=
 <br />guys have this one in the bag, if time runs out for me at least Tim =
will <br />be first. Then two laps later on lap 8, I turn my best lap of th=
e race, <br />a 1:40.1 and I pass Nick on the back straight. Triumph 1 - 2,=
 and I keep <br />Tim in my sights as he stays about 3 seconds in front of =
me for the last <br />4 laps.<br /><br />So it's Tim on the top step of the=
 podium, I come in second and Nick <br />Pratt third. Bob Lang ran 4th over=
all. So I am not sure how the math <br />worked out for which team won, but=
 I am pretty sure we didn't stand a <br />chance with the schedule effectiv=
ely benching most of our team. But of <br />course, it doesn't matter, we a=
ll had fun and the streak of Triumphs <br />dominating the top spot is unbr=
oken!<br /><br />Next up, the Kastner Cup race!<br /><br />Not much to say =
here other than I started second and finished second. I <br />was driving t=
he wheels off the car trying to keep up with Tim's TR8, I <br />kept the ga=
p between 1.5 to 3 seconds most of the race. Unfortunately, <br />when Pat =
Darrow had his little shunt in 1, that caused a waiving yellow <br />for th=
e rest of the session, and I caught traffic on lap 11 and 12 in <br />the y=
ellow flag zone, so the gap opened up to 5.5 seconds at the end. <br />Tim'=
s comment to me after the race was thanks for keeping him honest, my <br />=
comment to him was I thought I had to work way harder than he did, in <br /=
>which he agreed with me! My best lap was a 1:41.19 vs Tim with a <br />1:4=
0.95, so that made me feel pretty good about the race.<br /><br />Then on S=
unday, the Jack Drews Memorial Race, formerly known as the <br />Reunion Ra=
ce!<br /><br />Tim had to get home on Sunday, so was packed up and gone by =
the time <br />racing started on Sunday. I was on pole, and Jesse Darrow di=
d all he <br />could to keep me honest! I put about a 2.5 second gap on Jes=
se when Oily <br />Bob did his thing for the last time, putting a layer of =
oil up most of <br />the back straight. We reported to the pits and waited =
a solid half hour <br />for the track to get cleaned. I was sure we were do=
ne, but VARAC <br />announced they were going to let us go green for anothe=
r 10 minutes! <br />This time it was Jesse driving like a man on a mission,=
 keeping me <br />honest until suddenly, he was gone. In fact, I saw nobody=
 in my mirrors <br />for the last two laps, upon finishing I see I gapped C=
huck Gee in second <br />place by 14.2 seconds in 6 laps! Thanks for the mo=
tivation, Jesse! At <br />the podium, Jesse tried to sneak into Chuck's sec=
ond place pedestal, too <br />funny. Apparently, Jesse ran out of fuel! Bob=
 Lang took third.<br /><br />Finally, my group race!<br /><br />My bracket,=
 VH3, means don't go faster than a 1:40. For whatever reason, <br />I happe=
n to run at the bottom of that bracket, a 1:40 is a good time for <br />me.=
 As such, I do well with the bracket. This year was no different, I <br />f=
inished first in VH3 in the 3 races leading up to the feature race <br />Su=
nday afternoon. This year we had a bunch of Mustangs that had never <br />r=
un with VARAC before, and for whatever reason they put them with us in <br =
/>Vintage Historic. Not a great fit, and the one that was always gridded <b=
r />with me had a problem with his fuel cell, he kept dumping gas on corner=
s <br />at the beginning of the race. It was a slippery situation, to say t=
he <br />least! And it took him several laps to put down a couple of faster=
 laps <br />than me to be out of my hair. So in the feature, I am coming ar=
ound turn <br />10 finishing up lap 2, and I am too close to the fuel spill=
ing Mustang. <br />The second place VH3 car, a 911, gets a better run than =
I do and passes <br />me going into 1. I fall back behind him and find out =
he has a bit more <br />straight line speed, but is absolutely hopeless in =
1 and 2. For 3 laps I <br />follow watching closely, figuring out where I a=
m going to get him, <br />hoping I have a shot somewhere other than turn 2,=
 as he is all over the <br />place and completely unpredictable. It's appar=
ent I am going to have to <br />man up and do the deed in turn 2, so I give=
 it a go with no joy. The <br />next time around I get next to him at the f=
irst apex of turn 2 on the <br />outside and we slide our way down the hill=
 side by side. As we approach <br />3, now I have the inside line and he gi=
ves it to me. I proceed to drive <br />it like I stole it, I need to gap hi=
m so he doesn't take me on the back <br />straight. I proceed to put down a=
 great lap, and can barely see the 911 <br />in my rear view mirror. I take=
 the checkered flag knowing I should be <br />golden for another class win,=
 hoping I didn't break out. I hold my <br />breath and at the podium I am g=
iven the first place trophy. All good, I <br />think...<br /><br />I pull o=
ut Speedhive to see I ran a 1:39.2, my best lap ever at Mosport. <br />I br=
oke out, but Colleen didn't realize at the time! We will see if I <br />get=
 penalized that lap at some point, but I have the hardware!<br /><br />So t=
hat's it, my time as Kastner Cup chair has come to an end. I hope <br />eve=
ryone who came enjoyed the experience as much as I do, and I look <br />for=
ward to next year to see how many Triumph racers will now say their <br />J=
une event is Mosport!<br /><br />Cheers<br /><br />Henry<br />_____________=
__________________________________<br /><br /></blockquote>
</div>
</div>
</blockquote>
</body></html>

--=_522b689723b18b28ef88eb53469f5372--

--===============7722731505355737161==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7722731505355737161==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2026 06:20:12 -0400

--===============2675510313444910100==
 boundary="=_f8933fc89d98f8753b7c0a2edd6796e9"

--=_f8933fc89d98f8753b7c0a2edd6796e9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
 format=flowed

Jason,

Our Great Tradition continues because of the efforts of those who chose 
to stand up and give back. Like you and Brian for 2027. We thank you for 
what I know will be another great effort by you guys to show off a 
little gem of a racetrack in Michigan!

Grattan is the polar opposite of Mosport, LOTS of technical twisty bits, 
one long straight. Track knowledge will certainly play a part in who 
finishes on top, but nothing like what we experienced the past two years 
at our KCups.

I look forward to seeing a great turnout in Grattan next year!

Henry

PS. It is never too early for planning the NEXT Kastner Cup. This works 
because our folks volunteer to chair an event. If anybody has any ideas 
for 2028, reach out to Joe Alexander! There is a pretty good support 
system in place to help make the process go smoothly!

On 2026-06-26 01:15, Jason Ostrowski wrote:

> Henry,
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2026 at 6:16 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
--=_f8933fc89d98f8753b7c0a2edd6796e9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=
=3DUTF-8" /></head><body style=3D'font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,Gen=
eva,sans-serif'>
<p>Jason,</p>
<p>Our Great Tradition continues because of the efforts of those who chose =
to stand up and give back. Like you and Brian for 2027. We thank you for wh=
at I know will be another great effort by you guys to show off a little gem=
 of a racetrack in Michigan!&nbsp;</p>
<p>Grattan is the polar opposite of Mosport, LOTS of technical twisty bits,=
 one long straight. Track knowledge will certainly play a part in who finis=
hes on top, but nothing like what we experienced the past two years at our =
KCups.&nbsp;</p>
<p>I look forward to seeing a great turnout in Grattan next year!</p>
<p>Henry</p>
<div id=3D"signature"></div>
<p>PS. It is never too early for planning the NEXT Kastner Cup. This works =
because our folks volunteer to chair an event. If anybody has any ideas for=
 2028, reach out to Joe Alexander! There is a pretty good support system in=
 place to help make the process go smoothly!</p>
<p><br /></p>
<p id=3D"reply-intro">On 2026-06-26 01:15, Jason Ostrowski wrote:</p>
<blockquote type=3D"cite" style=3D"padding: 0 0.4em; border-left: #1010ff 2=
px solid; margin: 0">
<div id=3D"replybody1">
<div dir=3D"ltr">Henry,
<div>Thanks for the great details and story telling.</div>
<div>Awesome two-year run as an on- and off-track leader.</div>
<div>Our Great Tradition continues because your efforts</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Jason Ostrowski</div>
<div>Friendly Ghost Racing</div>
<div>1969 Triumph GT6+ racecars&nbsp;</div>
<div><br />
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</div>
<br />
<div class=3D"v1gmail_quote v1gmail_quote_container">
<div class=3D"v1gmail_attr" dir=3D"ltr">On Thu, Jun 25, 2026 at 6:16=E2=80=
=AFPM &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer">yello=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div>
<blockquote class=3D"v1gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; bor=
der-left: 1px solid #cccccc; padding-left: 1ex;">Track time was plentiful, =
10 sessions plus more if you ran test day.</blockquote>
</div>
</div>
</blockquote>
</body></html>

--=_f8933fc89d98f8753b7c0a2edd6796e9--

--===============2675510313444910100==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2675510313444910100==--