Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup 2025 - Epilogue

From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2025 12:48:22 -0400

We were invited, we showed up in force, and we put on a great show for 
both the FOT and the world. It looks like the Lime Rock marketing 
machine will be do us proud, I look forward to see what becomes of all 
the work still going on behind the scenes.

Speaking of marketing, hats off to Shawn Frank for all his work for us, 
what a valuable member of our team. Thanks Shawn!

I want to thank everyone who came and supported the event. Racers, crew, 
and friends. Putting on a Kastner Cup takes teamwork, and while I might 
have been the seen as the guy pulling the strings, every one of you who 
was there, even in spirit only, were important to cause. You folks make 
it all work, as we know a club without active members isn't worth all 
that much.

For me, one of the coolest parts of any KCup weekend is getting to meet 
and spend some time with our FOT brethren. This event gave us ample 
opportunity to really get to know some of our racing friends, and I hope 
everybody took full advantage.

We had been planning on doing the awards ceremony at Triumph Central, 
under the tent by the Alexander paddock. We had 50 minutes from parking 
our cars after the race to start the presentation. I was informed the 
track wanted to do the presentation down in the A paddock at the 
winner's circle with about a half hour to go, and Skip Barber would be 
attending! So our team springs into action, circulates the word around 
the paddock (sorry to the folks who didn't get word in time), our stuff 
gets loaded into cars and shuttled down. I gather my thoughts, get 
cleaned up and ready for the presentation, find the winners circle with 
maybe 10 minutes to go. I get introduced to Skip, we are figuring out 
how this is all going to work, then I hear someone say David Hobbs is 
here. I turn to see David getting out of his golf cart, he walks over, 
we are introduced and he asks me "what do you want me to do?" I had 
known he was going to be there for maybe 30 seconds at that point! The 
notes I had jotted down for how the ceremony was to flow at this point 
are pretty meaningless, and it was time to wing it. Hopefully it didn't 
come off as haphazard as it seemed in my head! But heck, I got to 
introduce David Hobbs, that will probably be the highlight of my racing 
career!

To recap the awards recipients:

Kastner Cup - Dave Gott, TR4

Amici Award - Jason Ostrowsky
Performance Award - TR2-3 - Joe Boruch
Performance Award - TR4 - Tony Drews
Performance Award - TR250-6 - Henry Frye
Performance Award - TR7-8 - Tim Cook
Performance Award - GT6 - Alex Amys
Performance Award - Spitfire - David Gussack (KCup race winner)
Performance Award - Triumph Powered Special - Vic Schuster
Sponsor Award - Western Pennsylvania Triumphs Association
Sponsor Award - GoodParts
Sponsor Award - Alexander Racing Equipment
Honored Guest - David Hobbs

One of the event sponsors is Autodromo, and they present a fine watch to 
a participant from each group that embodies the spirit of the event. I 
was told the guy who does the presentation for Autodromo was on track at 
the moment, so I was asked to do the deed. While I don't think I had 
their spiel down all that well, I was proud to present the watch to my 
new racing buddy, Alex Amys!

I had to be reminded to announce the location of the next Kastner Cup, 
silly me as I am going to do this all again for next year. We are going 
to Mosport, currently known as the Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, in 
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada. The home of the very first Kastner Cup. So 
mark your calendars for Father's Day weekend, 2026, ensure your passport 
is up to date, and stay tuned for more details as they become available!

Also, it was hard not to notice I was hobbling around wearing a back 
brace all weekend. At the track for the test day on Tuesday I did 
something my back didn't like and for a while there I was thinking I 
could not race. It took a village to keep me in the game, thanks to 
everyone who helped me physically so I would make it out and be part of 
the show. My time on-track was awesome, thanks to Bob Lang and Alex Amys 
for some great dicing and encouragement to finally turn some laps down 
in the 1:04's. I beat my best lap from last year by .185 seconds!

Again, thanks to everyone who participated. Job well done, looking 
forward to Mosport next year!

Henry Frye
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot