Subject: [Fot] Cam Bearings - TR6

From: Scott Janzen via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 10:32:48 -0500

--===============7668559131960387579==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_C7712D04-968F-4432-B69E-0C93418BCBA3"

--Apple-Mail=_C7712D04-968F-4432-B69E-0C93418BCBA3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

while we are on the topic, I=E2=80=99m rebuilding a street tr6 engine =
with some of the usual upgrades - high performance cam, increased =
compression to about 10:1, mildly ported head, balanced rotating =
assembly, lightened, shot peened conrods, Goodparts vibration damper, =
aluminum flywheel, lighter pistons, triple webers, 1.55 roller rockers.  =
The cam is still running in the iron block - no cam bearings.  All my =
GT6 race engines have been modified for bearings.  Any real benefit to =
doing this for a street car or should I just leave it alone?

Scott Janzen=

--Apple-Mail=_C7712D04-968F-4432-B69E-0C93418BCBA3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">while=
 we are on the topic, I=E2=80=99m rebuilding a street tr6 engine with =
some of the usual upgrades - high performance cam, increased compression =
to about 10:1, mildly ported head, balanced rotating assembly, =
lightened, shot peened conrods, Goodparts vibration damper, aluminum =
flywheel, lighter pistons, triple webers, 1.55 roller rockers. &nbsp;The =
cam is still running in the iron block - no cam bearings. &nbsp;All my =
GT6 race engines have been modified for bearings. &nbsp;Any real benefit =
to doing this for a street car or should I just leave it alone?<div =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Scott =
Janzen</div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_C7712D04-968F-4432-B69E-0C93418BCBA3--

--===============7668559131960387579==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============7668559131960387579==--