Subject: [Fot] TR3 Roller still for sale

From: Henry Giffin via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 12:01:00 -0400 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01A2_01D66732.43C55580"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01A2_01D66732.43C55580
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_01A3_01D66732.43C55580"

------=_NextPart_001_01A3_01D66732.43C55580
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

FOT, I still have the TR3 roller, really nice painted frame, and
disassembled but ready to assemble engine.  My shop is next to Abacus in VA
Beach who can reassemble the engine.  

     No reasonable offer refused.  Will separate if necessary.  

    Would like to see it back on the track.

     Give me a call and we can talk.

     Thanks, Hank

Hank Giffin

757-375-1491

From: Fot <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Henry Giffin via Fot
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 4:59 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] TR3 Roller for sale

FOT, another Spring project for someone interested. 

     I am selling the former Abacus Racing BRG TR3 (TS57917L).  There was a
video of Mike Jackson and Bill Thummel racing at Mid Ohio posted here
earlier in the year.  Bill won the race on Sat but Mike took it on Sunday.
It has a ready to assemble engine and a non-overdrive gearbox, with stock
TR3 rear end.  It has 5 good panasport wheels.  

     Abacus took a clean no rust street car and converted it for vintage
racing in 1991.  The SVRA logbook shows 28 races from 1991 to 1997.  Abacus
then took the engine and gearbox for their TR4.  The car sat in a dry garage
until I purchased it last year.  I intended to make a race car for my son in
law and my grandson, or even turn it back to a streetcar.  I have since
found some Turners that I think will be better for them, and the TR3 is now
available with parts. 

     I purchased a ready to assemble engine from Dave Spiwak and that will
go with the car for what I paid Dave (list attached)

     It comes with a very nice sandblasted and painted TR3 frame.  

     It has a New Mexico title.  

     The car looks solid, and has a heavy sway bar in the front.  All
instruments are there, including an overdrive button on the steering wheel.
There is a small dent in the left rear fender which looks like it can be
banged out.  I have a fiberglass tunnel.  The roll bar includes door impact
protection.  

     Abacus was very successful with the car.  More info and photos
available.

     Roller and frame for $5500.  Engine ready to assemble $5000 (pls see
attachment - I paid $5K, Dave spent $7721), and the additional below parts I
purchased from Dave ($535):

Fidanza flywheel $200

Tilton clutch $150

Starter $70

Auto Pro Rev Limiter $15

Detroit Locker $100

      I was quoted $1000 to $1500 for engine assembly by Abacus Machine
shop.  Car needs a fuel cell, tires, brake rebuild, and normal stuff done
after a car has been sitting.

     Car, engine parts, and frame are in Va Bch.

     So everything totals $11,350.  I prefer it all to go together.  Anyone
interested?

     Thanks, Hank

Hank Giffin

757-375-1491

------=_NextPart_001_01A3_01D66732.43C55580
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>FOT, I still have the TR3 roller, really nice painted =
frame, and disassembled but ready to assemble engine.&nbsp; My shop is =
next to Abacus in VA Beach who can reassemble the engine.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No =
reasonable offer refused.&nbsp; Will separate if necessary.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Would like =
to see it back on the track.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Give me a call and we can =
talk.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Thanks, Hank<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hank =
Giffin<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>757-375-1491<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Fot =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Henry Giffin via =
Fot<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, May 18, 2020 4:59 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]; [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Fot] =
TR3 Roller for sale<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>FOT, another =
Spring project for someone interested. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I am selling the former =
Abacus Racing BRG TR3 (TS57917L).&nbsp; There was a video of Mike =
Jackson and Bill Thummel racing at Mid Ohio posted here earlier in the =
year.&nbsp; Bill won the race on Sat but Mike took it on Sunday.&nbsp; =
It has a ready to assemble engine and a non-overdrive gearbox, with =
stock TR3 rear end.&nbsp; It has 5 good panasport wheels.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Abacus =
took a clean no rust street car and converted it for vintage racing in =
1991.&nbsp; The SVRA logbook shows 28 races from 1991 to 1997.&nbsp; =
Abacus then took the engine and gearbox for their TR4.&nbsp; The car sat =
in a dry garage until I purchased it last year.&nbsp; I intended to make =
a race car for my son in law and my grandson, or even turn it back to a =
streetcar.&nbsp; I have since found some Turners that I think will be =
better for them, and the TR3 is now available with parts. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I =
purchased a ready to assemble engine from Dave Spiwak and that will go =
with the car for what I paid Dave (list attached)<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It comes with a very nice =
sandblasted and painted TR3 frame.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;It has a New Mexico =
title.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The car looks solid, and =
has a heavy sway bar in the front.&nbsp; All instruments are there, =
including an overdrive button on the steering wheel.&nbsp; There is a =
small dent in the left rear fender which looks like it can be banged =
out.&nbsp; I have a fiberglass tunnel.&nbsp; The roll bar includes door =
impact protection.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Abacus was very =
successful with the car.&nbsp; More info and photos =
available.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Roller and frame for $5500.&nbsp; Engine ready to assemble $5000 (pls =
see attachment &#8211; I paid $5K, Dave spent $7721), and the additional =
below parts I purchased from Dave ($535):<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Fidanza flywheel $200<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Tilton clutch $150<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Starter $70<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Auto =
Pro Rev Limiter $15<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Detroit Locker =
$100<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;I =
was quoted $1000 to $1500 for engine assembly by Abacus Machine shop. =
&nbsp;Car needs a fuel cell, tires, brake rebuild, and normal stuff done =
after a car has been sitting.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Car, engine parts, and frame =
are in Va Bch.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;So everything totals =
$11,350.&nbsp; I prefer it all to go together. &nbsp;Anyone =
interested?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Thanks, Hank<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hank Giffin<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>757-375-1491<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_01A3_01D66732.43C55580--

------=_NextPart_000_01A2_01D66732.43C55580
	name="TR3-4 Engine.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="TR3-4 Engine.pdf"

------=_NextPart_000_01A2_01D66732.43C55580
	name="20200411_160311.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="20200411_160311.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_01A2_01D66732.43C55580
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

------=_NextPart_000_01A2_01D66732.43C55580--