Subject: [Fot] Suspension bushings

From: Jonathan Wright via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 08:00:50 -0700

--===============7180205664844216994==

--0000000000005876c805a0816381

Hello FOT,

I am looking for recommendations on suspension bushings for my racecar. A
little Formula VEE spun into me and took out my front right upright/trunion
this weekend at willow springs, so while I'm replacing the upright
assembly, I figured it would be a good time to replace the old worn
suspension bushings. I have been told a number of different opinions from
"poly bushings would be an improvement over your old worn out bushings" to
"nylon is the only way to go" to "poly and nylon are terrible you need
delrin bushings." So in my lack of experience as a vintage triumph racecar
driver, I'm asking you seasoned vets your opinions on the matter and why,
what you are currently running, and if you could please provide me with
where I can source the bushings you recommend. Up until now, I haven't had
any complaints with the handling characteristics of the car, but I know the
bushings are ready for replacement. I haven't taken them out yet, so I'm
not sure what is currently in there. Additionally, if you would be kind
enough to spell it out for me what type of bushings you run in which
locations I would appreciate it.

Kas's catch phrase is "never be beaten by equipment" but that Formula VEE's
equipment beat me up pretty good as it was spinning across the track taking
me out with him...

Thanks!
Jonathan Wright

--0000000000005876c805a0816381
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Hello FOT,</div><div><br></div><div>I am looking for =
recommendations on suspension bushings for my racecar. A little Formula VEE=
 spun into me and took out my front right upright/trunion this weekend at w=
illow springs, so while I&#39;m replacing the upright assembly, I figured i=
t would be a good time to replace the old worn suspension bushings. I have =
been told a number of different opinions from &quot;poly bushings would be =
an improvement over your old worn out bushings&quot; to &quot;nylon is the =
only way to go&quot; to &quot;poly and nylon are terrible you need delrin b=
ushings.&quot; So in my lack of experience as a vintage triumph racecar dri=
ver, I&#39;m asking you seasoned vets your opinions on the matter and why, =
what you are currently running, and if you could please provide me with whe=
re I can source the bushings you recommend. Up until now, I haven&#39;t had=
 any complaints with the handling characteristics of the car, but I know th=
e bushings are ready for replacement. I haven&#39;t taken them out yet, so =
I&#39;m not sure what is currently in there. Additionally, if you would be =
kind enough to spell it out for me what type of bushings you run in which l=
ocations I would appreciate it.</div><div><br></div><div>Kas&#39;s catch ph=
rase is &quot;never be beaten by equipment&quot; but that Formula VEE&#39;s=
 equipment beat me up pretty good as it was spinning across the track takin=
g me out with him...=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks!</div><div>Jonat=
han Wright</div></div>

--0000000000005876c805a0816381--

--===============7180205664844216994==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============7180205664844216994==--