Subject: [Fot] A-Type Overdrive Testing

From: Glenn Franco via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 22:05:01 -0500

--===============7988358131371054028==

--0000000000009b314d059a6a6983

Merry Christmas
Quick Question
A friend of mine started testing his A-Type Overdrives by back spinning the
output flange (to the prop shaft) with a pulley and electric motor.
I've seen this done by spinning the transmission INPUT shaft with a pulley
and electric motor but not from the rear.
Any chance of damaging the overdrive since the overrunning clutch is only
going to spin in the one direction, can it lock up the overdrive?
Thanks in advance
Glenn

--0000000000009b314d059a6a6983
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Merry Christmas</div><div>Quick Question</div><div>A =
friend of mine started testing his A-Type Overdrives by back spinning the o=
utput flange (to the prop shaft) with a pulley and electric motor.</div><di=
v>I&#39;ve seen this done by spinning the transmission=C2=A0INPUT shaft wit=
h a pulley and electric motor but not from the rear.</div><div>Any chance o=
f damaging the overdrive since the overrunning clutch is only going to spin=
 in the one direction, can it lock up the overdrive?</div><div>Thanks in ad=
vance</div><div>Glenn</div><div><br></div></div>

--0000000000009b314d059a6a6983--

--===============7988358131371054028==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============7988358131371054028==--