Subject: [Fot] A-Type Over Drive Question Again

From: Glenn Franco via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 17:04:03 -0500

--===============5151863345509466630==

--000000000000e4580b059aa28e96

Happy New Year
Quick Question
I have rebuilt numerous A-types over the last few years, but I have one
that's been giving us fits.
Transmission was a TR6 and the mainshaft was replaced with the proper
overdrive shaft for the A-type.
The A-type appears to be an early one with steel piston rings on the apply
pistons.
The pump was replaced and puts out +300 psi during testing.
The overdrive and trans was tested by back spinning from the tailshaft
flange with an electric motor.
The overdrive appears to be engaged and it appears that the pressure will
not drop.
The pressure relief at the pump was removed and the accumulator was
loosened to relieve the pressure.
Now trans in neutral the output shaft of the overdrive appears to be locked
up and will not spin.
Any ideas??
Thanks in advance
Glenn

--000000000000e4580b059aa28e96
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Happy New Year</div><div>Quick Question</div><div>I h=
ave rebuilt numerous A-types over the last few years, but I have one that&#=
39;s been giving us fits.</div><div>Transmission was a TR6 and the mainshaf=
t was replaced with the proper overdrive shaft for the A-type.</div><div>Th=
e A-type appears to be an early one with steel piston rings on the apply pi=
stons. </div><div>The pump was replaced and puts out +300 psi during testin=
g.</div><div>The overdrive and trans was tested by back spinning from the t=
ailshaft flange with an electric motor.</div><div>The overdrive appears to =
be engaged and it appears that the pressure will not drop.</div><div>The pr=
essure relief at the pump was removed and the accumulator was loosened to r=
elieve the pressure.</div><div>Now trans in neutral the output shaft of the=
 overdrive appears to be locked up and will not spin.</div><div>Any ideas??=
</div><div>Thanks in advance</div><div>Glenn</div><div><br></div></div>

--000000000000e4580b059aa28e96--

--===============5151863345509466630==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============5151863345509466630==--