Subject: [Fot] TR6 cylinderheads

From: "van.mulders.marcel--- via Fot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 12:58:08 +0100 (CET)

--===============4262630243845225215==
	boundary="=_4bb58498-3e64-4c03-8d73-6d03fa29ee82"

--=_4bb58498-3e64-4c03-8d73-6d03fa29ee82
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I've some problems with a TR6 race engine : the engine is pinking and overheating. Compression ratio is 12.5. Comparing the cylinderhead of this engine with another 6 cylinder head (probably also from a TR6 , but from a Triumph saloon is also possible) : it turns out that my cylinderhead is lacking 5 coolant passages. My cylinderhead has only a passage just beneath outlet port no 6. The other cylinderhead has passages beneath every outlet port. I didn't know of this difference between 6 cylinder heads. Does anyone know which cars do have which cylinderheads? Can I add these passages on my cylinderhead, hoping for better cooling? I've been working on this engine now and then since 2 years. It belongs to a racecar a friend of mine has built. He has lost interest in this racing project and I bought the car. I'd like to see it on a racetrack some day. 
Marcel 

--=_4bb58498-3e64-4c03-8d73-6d03fa29ee82
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-seri=
f; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000"><div>I've some problems with a&nbsp;TR6=
 race engine : the engine is pinking and overheating. Compression ratio is =
12.5. Comparing the cylinderhead of this engine with another 6 cylinder hea=
d (probably also from a TR6 , but from a&nbsp; Triumph saloon is also possi=
ble) : it turns out that my cylinderhead is lacking 5 coolant passages. My =
cylinderhead has only a passage just beneath outlet port no 6. The other cy=
linderhead has passages beneath every outlet port. I didn't know of this di=
fference&nbsp; between 6 cylinder heads. Does anyone know which cars do hav=
e which cylinderheads? Can I add these passages on my cylinderhead, hoping =
for better cooling? I've been working on this engine now and then since 2 y=
ears. It belongs to a racecar a friend of mine has built. He has lost inter=
est in this racing project and I bought the car. I'd like to see it on a ra=
cetrack some day.<br></div><div>Marcel</div></div></body></html>
--=_4bb58498-3e64-4c03-8d73-6d03fa29ee82--

--===============4262630243845225215==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============4262630243845225215==--