Subject: [Fot] DCOE setup on stock tr6

From: chris panayotti via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 08:14:26 -0500

--===============7813729765764153566==

--0000000000004595940597626142

Hi all,

I ran across an archive on your site from a Robert Lang, looks like from
December last year. So Taking a total shot in the dark emailing this.
Anyway in the thread he talks about running triple DCOEs on a Canon
manafold on a TR6 with stock cam and stock compression. I am trying to do
the exact same. He mentioned toward the end that he would be willing to
share knowledge on the jets and knowledge.

So here it goes, the main symptom I am running into currently is
accleration off idle.  It starts up and idles pretty good with mixture
screws all out about 1.25 turns. But bumping the throttle at that point
either load or no load bogs bigtime, bassically kills the engine if I hold
it, even if I go very slowly. I did manage to get it to a point where it
revs so so if I keep bumping it fast with no load, but with any load at all
it bogs and dies.  I've come to the conclusion my progression circuit is to
blame and that operates off the idle jet, of which all are currently 50F11.

I've gone over all the valve timing with a fine toothed comb and verified a
stock cam by checking the lift. All valve gaps are perfect At .010".  I
removed the vacuum retard from the distributor and am running it at 12deg
BTDC right now, and the mechanical advance does work and brings it up to
24ish deg.  It is a stock points distributor by the way.  I've read a few
people mention that I need to upgrade that but others have successfully
used it also. I've checked compression all are close and above 125psi.

Any help or insight would be GREATLY appreciated. I've been trying to get
this to run right for weeks. I keep crossing things off the list but still
haven't gotten it right. I'm still concerned about the distributor but it
seems well enough that it should run properly. I'm fairly confident it's a
carb problem.

If you need any more info about my setup please ask

Thank you
Chris Panayotti

--0000000000004595940597626142
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Hi all,=C2=A0<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto=
">I ran across an archive on your site from a Robert Lang, looks like from =
December last year. So Taking a total shot in the dark emailing this. Anywa=
y in the thread he talks about running triple DCOEs on a Canon manafold on =
a TR6 with stock cam and stock compression. I am trying to do the exact sam=
e. He mentioned toward the end that he would be willing to share knowledge =
on the jets and knowledge.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"aut=
o">So here it goes, the main symptom I am running into currently is acclera=
tion off idle.=C2=A0 It starts up and idles pretty good with mixture screws=
 all out about 1.25 turns. But bumping the throttle at that point either lo=
ad or no load bogs bigtime, bassically kills the engine if I hold it, even =
if I go very slowly. I did manage to get it to a point where it revs so so =
if I keep bumping it fast with no load, but with any load at all it bogs an=
d dies.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve come to the conclusion my progression circuit is to =
blame and that operates off the idle jet, of which all are currently 50F11.=
</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">I&#39;ve gone over all =
the valve timing with a fine toothed comb and verified a stock cam by check=
ing the lift. All valve gaps are perfect At .010&quot;.=C2=A0 I removed the=
 vacuum retard from the distributor and am running it at 12deg BTDC right n=
ow, and the mechanical advance does work and brings it up to 24ish deg.=C2=
=A0 It is a stock points distributor by the way.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve read a few =
people mention that I need to upgrade that but others have successfully use=
d it also. I&#39;ve checked compression all are close and above 125psi.</di=
v><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Any help or insight would b=
e GREATLY appreciated. I&#39;ve been trying to get this to run right for we=
eks. I keep crossing things off the list but still haven&#39;t gotten it ri=
ght. I&#39;m still concerned about the distributor but it seems well enough=
 that it should run properly. I&#39;m fairly confident it&#39;s a carb prob=
lem.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">If you need any mor=
e info about my setup please ask</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=
=3D"auto">Thank you</div><div dir=3D"auto">Chris Panayotti</div></div>

--0000000000004595940597626142--

--===============7813729765764153566==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============7813729765764153566==--