Subject: [Fot] Spitfire at Buttonwillow

From: Jonathan Wright via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 16:11:10 -0700

--Apple-Mail-511FB57A-7EA4-48B2-983B-FB9357FCD652
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello Triumph friends,
I know some of you follow the Facebook posts, but for those who don=E2=80=99=
t, I took my F production spitfire to my second race weekend at Buttonwillow=
. The weekend counted as two events towards my competition license! I had so=
me bad luck on Saturday, missing my qualifying session due to overheating on=
 in the hot pits (rookie move), so I had to start at the back of the pack fo=
r the clockwise race running configuration 25, no bus stop and the Mazda tur=
n. My confidence was low, and I came in dead last.  Sunday was a different s=
tory. I felt way better with the track going counter clockwise, by qualifyin=
g I was within 6 tenths of the faster guys in FP, and I ran a 2:30. For the a=
fternoon race I managed to drop 3 seconds off my time running a 2:27! And wh=
en I pulled off after the final lap, I was handed a checkered flag!!! I coul=
dn=E2=80=99t believe it! I was so focused on racing the little bugeye in fro=
nt of me, I forgot she was in EP and not FP! So I am incredibly excited to n=
ot only have my first checkered flag, but I was also given the green light b=
y the Chief Driving Instructor to be issued my full competition license, and=
 to remove my rookie stripes! What an amazing weekend!=20

--Apple-Mail-511FB57A-7EA4-48B2-983B-FB9357FCD652
	name=image1.jpeg;
	x-apple-part-url=C77DC46A-583C-4F55-9A63-BB7973472211
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=image1.jpeg
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-511FB57A-7EA4-48B2-983B-FB9357FCD652
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-511FB57A-7EA4-48B2-983B-FB9357FCD652
	name=image2.jpeg;
	x-apple-part-url=09FA9268-F012-4747-9935-61F74AC2ACF4
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=image2.jpeg
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-511FB57A-7EA4-48B2-983B-FB9357FCD652
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Sent from my iPhone
--Apple-Mail-511FB57A-7EA4-48B2-983B-FB9357FCD652
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--Apple-Mail-511FB57A-7EA4-48B2-983B-FB9357FCD652--

---

From: Chuck Gee via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 22:45:40 -0400

Nicely done Jonathan!

Chuck

> On Oct 8, 2019, at 7:11 PM, Jonathan Wright via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello Triumph friends,
> I know some of you follow the Facebook posts, but for those who don’t, I took my F production spitfire to my second race weekend at Buttonwillow. The weekend counted as two events towards my competition license! I had some bad luck on Saturday, missing my qualifying session due to overheating on in the hot pits (rookie move), so I had to start at the back of the pack for the clockwise race running configuration 25, no bus stop and the Mazda turn. My confidence was low, and I came in dead last.  Sunday was a different story. I felt way better with the track going counter clockwise, by qualifying I was within 6 tenths of the faster guys in FP, and I ran a 2:30. For the afternoon race I managed to drop 3 seconds off my time running a 2:27! And when I pulled off after the final lap, I was handed a checkered flag!!! I couldn’t believe it! I was so focused on racing the little bugeye in front of me, I forgot she was in EP and not FP! So I am incredibly excited to not only have my first checkered flag, but I was also given the green light by the Chief Driving Instructor to be issued my full competition license, and to remove my rookie stripes! What an amazing weekend! 
> 
> 
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]