Subject: [Fot] List numbers

From: Mark J Bradakis via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 08:10:55 -0600

The recent additions bring the number of folks on this list to 360.  It 
seems it wasn't that long ago we were just a group of 44.

For some of the new folks a little history.  This list was set up in 
December of 1996, a spinoff off the [email-masked] list, which 
was a spinoff from the granddaddy of the lists, 
[email-masked].  At one point, there were about 65 active 
lists going.  Back then Team.Net was about the only game in town, now 
everybody and their dog has some sort of online presence, web sites, 
blogs, club forums, whatever.

These days the number of lists has been trimmed down to just under 40 
lists, which can be found at

http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo

And a pretty good record of past activity can be seen at

http://autox.team.net/archive

There is a TON of good info there, but it can take some doing to find it.

I've been hosting Team.Net for about 30 years, it is quite a labor of 
love, well worth it, or I would not have spent roughly half of my life 
doing it.  Sure, many times I've been tempted to just pull the plug and 
say "Enough!  I am FINISHED with this [...]"  Like the time my ISP went 
belly up, so no DSL service, no Team.Net for something like 11 straight 
days.  But we survived, and this FOT list in particular is quite a gem.  
I will do what I can to keep it that way.

mjb.

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]