Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen - September

From: Bill Dentinger via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 14:27:45 +0000 (UTC)

--===============3959719942752233178==
	boundary="----=_Part_12312806_624532099.1553696865468"

------=_Part_12312806_624532099.1553696865468
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hot stuff!
Bill Dentinger

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
 On=C2=A0Wednesday, March 27, 2019,=C2=A0Bill Tobin=C2=A0<william.tobin31@v=
erizon.net>=C2=A0wrote:

=20
OK, full disclosure: the luckiest I got at Watkins Glen was after the '68 U=
SGP. I was hanging out by the gate to the Kendall Tech Center where the car=
s were kept.
=20
A nicely dressed couple came out and asked me if I'd like to see the cars. =
They handed my their pass and in I went. On the way in I helped a couple gu=
ys, crewmen, carry in some equipment. They were crew for Jackie Stewart, wh=
o had just won! They were British and friendly and we chatted for a bit. Th=
en in walked three guys with a huge champagne bottle. It was Stewart, Ken T=
errell, and Denny Hulme. I was impressed! Stewart passed the bubbly to the =
crewman, who in turn asked me if I'd like a sip. Of course I took a sip. Wo=
w! Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Didn't have a cam=
era with me, but got all their autographs. Great memories.
=20
The next summer, I met Oscar Koveleski, and it got more interesting from th=
ere. I met a whole bunch of other people after that.
=20
=20
What, you think I can make this stuff up? Watkins Glen is Mecca to me. Enjo=
y it.
=20
At the '68 USGP, I swore that someday I'd race there. It took 39 years, but=
 in 2007 I did just that, at the Vintage GP. How's that for hanging in ther=
e?
=20
=20
Cheers, Bill
=20
 On 3/26/2019 5:36 PM, Bill Dentinger wrote:
 =20
=20
     Yeah, Bill=20
  The camping crowd at Watkins Glen is legendary.=C2=A0 They've been known =
to have a drink or twenty.=C2=A0 One year their bonfire included somebody's=
 car.=C2=A0 As racers, we were treated like celebrities when we would visit=
 them at night.=C2=A0 But quite frankly we could not keep up with them.=C2=
=A0 I still have one of their 'Horny Heathen' decals somewhere.=20
  I'm not surprised you had good luck there.=C2=A0 Was she conscious?=20
  Bill Dentinger .=20
=20
 -----Original Message-----
 From: Bill Tobin via Fot <[email-masked]>
 To: fot <[email-masked]>
 Sent: Tue, Mar 26, 2019 1:08 pm
 Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen - September
=20
    If some of you are camping at the track, the showers and rest room faci=
lities are very good. As opposed to the first time I went there in 1968....=
..... I disagree with Bill about the Rent-A Wife. I had good luck there....=
....!!! Cheers, Bill
   On 3/26/2019 11:57 AM, Bill Dentinger via Fot wrote:
 =20
Hi Guys,
     _______________________________________________
 [email-masked]
=20
 http://www.fot-racing.com
=20
 Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
 Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/billdentin@a=
ol.com
=20
=20
     =20

------=_Part_12312806_624532099.1553696865468
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hot stuff!<div><br></div><div>Bill Dentinger<br><br><div id="__aol_mail_signature__">Sent from AOL Mobile Mail</div>

<br><div class="aolmail_replyHeader">
    On&nbsp;Wednesday, March 27, 2019,&nbsp;Bill Tobin&nbsp;&lt;[email-masked]&gt;&nbsp;wrote:
</div><br>
<blockquote style="margin:0 0 0 9px;padding:0 0 0 9px;"><div id="yiv6334424279"><div>
    <p>OK, full disclosure: the luckiest I got at Watkins Glen was after
      the '68 USGP. I was hanging out by the gate to the Kendall Tech
      Center where the cars were kept.</p>
    <p>A nicely dressed couple came out and asked me if I'd like to see
      the cars. They handed my their pass and in I went. On the way in I
      helped a couple guys, crewmen, carry in some equipment. They were
      crew for Jackie Stewart, who had just won! They were British and
      friendly and we chatted for a bit. Then in walked three guys with
      a huge champagne bottle. It was Stewart, Ken Terrell, and Denny
      Hulme. I was impressed! Stewart passed the bubbly to the crewman,
      who in turn asked me if I'd like a sip. Of course I took a sip.
      Wow! Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Didn't
      have a camera with me, but got all their autographs. Great
      memories.</p>
    <p>The next summer, I met Oscar Koveleski, and it got more
      interesting from there. I met a whole bunch of other people after
      that.<br clear="none">
    </p>
    <p>What, you think I can make this stuff up? Watkins Glen is Mecca
      to me. Enjoy it.</p>
    <p>At the '68 USGP, I swore that someday I'd race there. It took 39
      years, but in 2007 I did just that, at the Vintage GP. How's that
      for hanging in there?<br clear="none">
    </p>
    <p>Cheers, Bill<br clear="none">
    </p>
    <div class="yiv6334424279yqt9957780969" id="yiv6334424279yqt48701"><div class="yiv6334424279moz-cite-prefix">On 3/26/2019 5:36 PM, Bill Dentinger
      wrote:<br clear="none">
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite">
      </blockquote></div></div><div class="yiv6334424279yqt9957780969" id="yiv6334424279yqt55765"><div><font size="2" face="arial" color="black">
        </font><div style="font-family:arial, helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black;">
          <div id="yiv6334424279">
            <div><font size="2" face="arial" color="black">
              </font>
              <div>Yeah, Bill</div>
              <div><br clear="none">
              </div>
              <div>The camping crowd at Watkins Glen is legendary.&nbsp;
                They've been known to have a drink or twenty.&nbsp; One year
                their bonfire included somebody's car.&nbsp; As racers, we
                were treated like celebrities when we would visit them
                at night.&nbsp; But quite frankly we could not keep up with
                them.&nbsp; I still have one of their 'Horny Heathen' decals
                somewhere.</div>
              <div><br clear="none">
              </div>
              <div>I'm not surprised you had good luck there.&nbsp; Was she
                conscious?</div>
              <div><br clear="none">
              </div>
              <div>Bill Dentinger</div>
              <div>.</div>
              <br clear="none">
              <br clear="none">
              <div style="font-family:arial, helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black;">-----Original
                Message-----<br clear="none">
                From: Bill Tobin via Fot <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" class="yiv6334424279moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br clear="none">
                To: fot <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" class="yiv6334424279moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br clear="none">
                Sent: Tue, Mar 26, 2019 1:08 pm<br clear="none">
                Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen - September<br clear="none">
                <br clear="none">
                <div class="yiv6334424279yqt6353427841" id="yiv6334424279yqt53062">
                  <div id="yiv6334424279">
                    <div>
                      <div>If some of you are camping at the track, the
                        showers and rest room facilities are very good.
                        As opposed to the first time I went there in
                        1968.........</div>
                      <div>I disagree with Bill about the Rent-A Wife. I
                        had good luck there........!!!</div>
                      <div>Cheers, Bill<br clear="none">
                      </div>
                      <div class="yiv6334424279yqt0892451609" id="yiv6334424279yqtfd78940">
                        <div class="yiv6334424279moz-cite-prefix">On
                          3/26/2019 11:57 AM, Bill Dentinger via Fot
                          wrote:<br clear="none">
                        </div>
                        <blockquote type="cite"><font size="2" face="arial" color="black">Hi Guys,</font></blockquote>
                      </div>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div class="yiv6334424279yqt0892451609" id="yiv6334424279yqtfd30426">_______________________________________________<br clear="none">
                  <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br clear="none">
                  <br clear="none">
                  <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" target="_blank" href="http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br clear="none">
                  <br clear="none">
                  Donate: <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" target="_blank" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br clear="none">
                  Archive: <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" target="_blank" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br clear="none">
                  Unsubscribe/Manage: <a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" target="_blank" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br clear="none">
                  <br clear="none">
                  <br clear="none">
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>

  </div></div></div></blockquote></div>
------=_Part_12312806_624532099.1553696865468--

--===============3959719942752233178==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============3959719942752233178==--

---

From: Ken Gano via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 18:11:16 -0500

--===============8463967521395447091==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-CA435C4D-0A86-49C0-97AF-8453BF6E98B1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-CA435C4D-0A86-49C0-97AF-8453BF6E98B1
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Great story. Thanks.=20

Kg

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 27, 2019, at 9:27 AM, Bill Dentinger via Fot <[email-masked]> w=
rote:
> On Wednesday, March 27, 2019, Bill Tobin <[email-masked]> wro=
> OK, full disclosure: the luckiest I got at Watkins Glen was after the '68 U=
SGP. I was hanging out by the gate to the Kendall Tech Center where the cars=
 were kept.
>=20
> A nicely dressed couple came out and asked me if I'd like to see the cars.=
 They handed my their pass and in I went. On the way in I helped a couple gu=
ys, crewmen, carry in some equipment. They were crew for Jackie Stewart, who=
 had just won! They were British and friendly and we chatted for a bit. Then=
 in walked three guys with a huge champagne bottle. It was Stewart, Ken Terr=
ell, and Denny Hulme. I was impressed! Stewart passed the bubbly to the crew=
man, who in turn asked me if I'd like a sip. Of course I took a sip. Wow! Ta=
lk about being in the right place at the right time. Didn't have a camera wi=
th me, but got all their autographs. Great memories.
>=20
> The next summer, I met Oscar Koveleski, and it got more interesting from t=
here. I met a whole bunch of other people after that.
>=20
> What, you think I can make this stuff up? Watkins Glen is Mecca to me. Enj=
oy it.
>=20
> At the '68 USGP, I swore that someday I'd race there. It took 39 years, bu=
t in 2007 I did just that, at the Vintage GP. How's that for hanging in ther=
e?
> Yeah, Bill
> The camping crowd at Watkins Glen is legendary.  They've been known to hav=
e a drink or twenty.  One year their bonfire included somebody's car.  As ra=
cers, we were treated like celebrities when we would visit them at night.  B=
ut quite frankly we could not keep up with them.  I still have one of their '=
Horny Heathen' decals somewhere.
>=20
> I'm not surprised you had good luck there.  Was she conscious?
>=20
> Bill Dentinger
> .
>=20
>=20
> If some of you are camping at the track, the showers and rest room facilit=
ies are very good. As opposed to the first time I went there in 1968........=
.
> I disagree with Bill about the Rent-A Wife. I had good luck there........!=
!!
ol.com
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/triumphs@con=
solidated.net

--Apple-Mail-CA435C4D-0A86-49C0-97AF-8453BF6E98B1
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto">Great story. Thanks.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Kg<br><br><div id="AppleMailSignature" dir="ltr">Sent from my iPad</div><div dir="ltr"><br>On Mar 27, 2019, at 9:27 AM, Bill Dentinger via Fot &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div dir="ltr">Hot stuff!<div><br></div><div>Bill Dentinger<br><br><div id="__aol_mail_signature__">Sent from AOL Mobile Mail</div>

    On&nbsp;Wednesday, March 27, 2019,&nbsp;Bill Tobin&nbsp;&lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;&nbsp;wrote:

  </div></div></div></blockquote></div></div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div dir="ltr"><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br><span></span><br><span><a href="http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a></span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a></span><br><span></span><br><span></span><br></div></blockquote></div></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-CA435C4D-0A86-49C0-97AF-8453BF6E98B1--

--===============8463967521395447091==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8463967521395447091==--