Subject: [Fot] Watkins Glen Early History

From: Jeff Snook via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 10:06:05 -0400

--===============7491571874796523898==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_6C295169-2D14-4B21-9D5F-0059004F7BB3"

--Apple-Mail=_6C295169-2D14-4B21-9D5F-0059004F7BB3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

This article just popped up on my Hemmings Daily newsletter.  Thought it =
might be of interest since all the recent talk about WG!  BTW, I plan on =
racing my TR3 at the September SVRA race.

=
https://www.racingarchives.org/blogpost/crossroads-how-racing-through-the-=
streets-gave-way-to-the-second-circuit-at-watkins-glen/?fbclid=3DIwAR2W4x8=
8MYLvajI5LTFthPkj-p_QQSIJ1DK9nnMWlBsmjgkdkN2cyQfCa9A =
<https://www.racingarchives.org/blogpost/crossroads-how-racing-through-the=
-streets-gave-way-to-the-second-circuit-at-watkins-glen/?fbclid=3DIwAR2W4x=
88MYLvajI5LTFthPkj-p_QQSIJ1DK9nnMWlBsmjgkdkN2cyQfCa9A>

Jeff Snook
http://www.snooksdreamcars.com
419-344-0319

--Apple-Mail=_6C295169-2D14-4B21-9D5F-0059004F7BB3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">This =
article just popped up on my Hemmings Daily newsletter. &nbsp;Thought it =
might be of interest since all the recent talk about WG! &nbsp;BTW, I =
plan on racing my TR3 at the September SVRA race.<div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><a =
href=3D"https://www.racingarchives.org/blogpost/crossroads-how-racing-thro=
ugh-the-streets-gave-way-to-the-second-circuit-at-watkins-glen/?fbclid=3DI=
wAR2W4x88MYLvajI5LTFthPkj-p_QQSIJ1DK9nnMWlBsmjgkdkN2cyQfCa9A" =
class=3D"">https://www.racingarchives.org/blogpost/crossroads-how-racing-t=
hrough-the-streets-gave-way-to-the-second-circuit-at-watkins-glen/?fbclid=3D=
IwAR2W4x88MYLvajI5LTFthPkj-p_QQSIJ1DK9nnMWlBsmjgkdkN2cyQfCa9A</a></div><di=
v class=3D""><br class=3D""><div class=3D"">
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; =
font-variant-position: normal; line-height: normal; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Futura; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;  "><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; " class=3D""><div class=3D"">Jeff Snook</div><div =
class=3D""><a href=3D"http://www.snooksdreamcars.com" =
class=3D"">http://www.snooksdreamcars.com</a></div><div =
class=3D"">419-344-0319</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
<br class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_6C295169-2D14-4B21-9D5F-0059004F7BB3--

--===============7491571874796523898==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============7491571874796523898==--

---

From: Bill Tobin via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 21:00:09 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0398651863481091494==
 boundary="------------D7FF902FCACAE6D5D0DFEF1C"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------D7FF902FCACAE6D5D0DFEF1C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Jeff, thanks for this; very interesting article. Great history.

Michael Argetsinger wrote a book in 2006 entitled "Walt Hansgen" which 
had coverage of the early days of racing on the "New" circuit. It's a 
very good read, well written and nicely illustrated. Michael has other 
books that are also well done. Unfortunately Michael died a few years 
ago. He was a very nice guy. He autographed my copy of the book and I 
get chills every time I read what he wrote.

A toast to Walt and Michael. And Watkins Glen.

Cheers, Bill

On 3/31/2019 10:06 AM, Jeff Snook via Fot wrote:
> This article just popped up on my Hemmings Daily newsletter. �Thought 
> it might be of interest since all the recent talk about WG! �BTW, I 
> plan on racing my TR3 at the September SVRA race.
>
> https://www.racingarchives.org/blogpost/crossroads-how-racing-through-the-streets-gave-way-to-the-second-circuit-at-watkins-glen/?fbclid=IwAR2W4x88MYLvajI5LTFthPkj-p_QQSIJ1DK9nnMWlBsmjgkdkN2cyQfCa9A
>
> Jeff Snook
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>

--------------D7FF902FCACAE6D5D0DFEF1C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>Jeff, thanks for this; very interesting article. Great history.</p>
    <p>Michael Argetsinger wrote a book in 2006 entitled "Walt Hansgen"
      which had coverage of the early days of racing on the "New"
      circuit. It's a very good read, well written and nicely
      illustrated. Michael has other books that are also well done.
      Unfortunately Michael died a few years ago. He was a very nice
      guy. He autographed my copy of the book and I get chills every
      time I read what he wrote.</p>
    <p>A toast to Walt and Michael. And Watkins Glen.<br>
    </p>
    <p>Cheers, Bill<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 3/31/2019 10:06 AM, Jeff Snook via
      Fot wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      This article just popped up on my Hemmings Daily newsletter.
      �Thought it might be of interest since all the recent talk about
      WG! �BTW, I plan on racing my TR3 at the September SVRA race.
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class=""><a
href="https://www.racingarchives.org/blogpost/crossroads-how-racing-through-the-streets-gave-way-to-the-second-circuit-at-watkins-glen/?fbclid=IwAR2W4x88MYLvajI5LTFthPkj-p_QQSIJ1DK9nnMWlBsmjgkdkN2cyQfCa9A"
          class="" moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.racingarchives.org/blogpost/crossroads-how-racing-through-the-streets-gave-way-to-the-second-circuit-at-watkins-glen/?fbclid=IwAR2W4x88MYLvajI5LTFthPkj-p_QQSIJ1DK9nnMWlBsmjgkdkN2cyQfCa9A</a></div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
        <div class="">
          <span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse:
            separate; font-variant-ligatures: normal;
            font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-position:
            normal; line-height: normal; border-spacing: 0px;
            -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><span
              class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate;
              color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Futura; font-style:
              normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal;
              letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2;
              text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px;
              text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2;
              word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;
              -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
              0px; ">
              <div style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode:
                space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; " class="">
                <div class="">Jeff Snook</div>
                <div class=""><a href="http://www.snooksdreamcars.com"
                    class="" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.snooksdreamcars.com</a></div>
                <div class="">419-344-0319</div>
                <div class=""><br class="">
                </div>
              </div>
            </span><br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
          </span><br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
        </div>
        <br class="">
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------D7FF902FCACAE6D5D0DFEF1C--

--===============0398651863481091494==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0398651863481091494==--