Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Racing History for those over 40!

From: Kas Kastner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 15:03:53 -0800

--===============1303073762374639770==

--001a1141ced6743b9a0525ca10f4

The best racing film I've ever seen.  Great stuff from the mid 60's with
Keith Duckworth developing the engine for Chapman at Lotus, Hill, Surtees,
Clark, Gurney, Brabham, and lots of others. Terrific. Jim Ray, who
purchased my TR-6 when I went out of the Triumph racing business sent this
to me. I also got a kick to see that the engine dyno scale and tach were
exactly the same type I used in the Competition Dept. days. Lots of good
racing scenes.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*

http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/9-days-summer-vintage-f1-gold-and-you-can-watch-it-right-here?utm_source=DailyDrive20151126&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=headline-center&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

--001a1141ced6743b9a0525ca10f4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">The best racing film I&#39;ve ever seen.=C2=A0 Great stuff=
 from the mid 60&#39;s with Keith Duckworth developing the engine for Chapm=
an at Lotus, Hill, Surtees, Clark, Gurney, Brabham, and lots of others.=C2=
=A0Terrific. Jim Ray, who purchased my TR-6 when I went out of the Triumph=
=C2=A0racing business=C2=A0sent this to me. I also got a kick to see that t=
he engine dyno scale and tach were exactly the same type I used in the=C2=
=A0Competition Dept.=C2=A0days. Lots of good racing scenes.<br clear=3D"all=
"><div><div class=3D"gmail_signature"><p><strong><font color=3D"#000099">Ne=
ver be beaten by equipment.</font></strong></p></div></div>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div lang=3D"EN-US" vlink=3D"purple" link=3D"blu=
e"><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">=C2=A0<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><a h=
ref=3D"http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/9-days-summer-vintage-f1-gold-a=
nd-you-can-watch-it-right-here?utm_source=3DDailyDrive20151126&amp;utm_medi=
um=3Denewsletter&amp;utm_term=3Dheadline-center&amp;utm_content=3Dbody&amp;=
utm_campaign=3Dawdailydrive" target=3D"_blank">http://autoweek.com/article/=
car-life/9-days-summer-vintage-f1-gold-and-you-can-watch-it-right-here?utm_=
source=3DDailyDrive20151126&amp;utm_medium=3Denewsletter&amp;utm_term=3Dhea=
dline-center&amp;utm_content=3Dbody&amp;utm_campaign=3Dawdailydrive</a><spa=
n class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=3D"#888888"><u></u><u></u></font></span></p>=
<span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=3D"#888888"><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></=
u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><p class=
=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><b><span styl=
e=3D"font-family:&quot;Brush Script MT&quot;;font-size:16pt"><u></u><u><br>=
</u></span></b></p></font></span></div></div></div><br></div>

--001a1141ced6743b9a0525ca10f4--

--===============1303073762374639770==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1303073762374639770==--

---

From: Larry Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 11:08:08 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6473537411977031778==
 boundary="------------040209030905010306080907"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------040209030905010306080907
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

"Cosworth, the Search for Power" is a good book to read.  It gives the 
development history of the phenomenally successful DFV engine. I read it 
because of the following quote from Keith Duckworth:

/My problem was that I had read the books on cam design and I had 
believed them.  That was fatal.  Even so, these people seemed to be 
fairly knowledgeable about the various types of profiles and 
acceleration diagrams. .....  I reasoned that I didn't know what jerk 
was all about, and so I was fairly sure that the valve gear didn't know 
it either.  I thought that all the arguments about jerk were grossly 
over-rated./

Larry

On 11/30/2015 5:03 PM, Kas Kastner wrote:
> The best racing film I've ever seen.  Great stuff from the mid 60's 
> with Keith Duckworth developing the engine for Chapman at Lotus, Hill, 
> Surtees, Clark, Gurney, Brabham, and lots of others. Terrific. Jim 
> Ray, who purchased my TR-6 when I went out of the Triumph racing 
> business sent this to me. I also got a kick to see that the engine 
> dyno scale and tach were exactly the same type I used in 
> the Competition Dept. days. Lots of good racing scenes.
>
> *_
> _*
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>

--------------040209030905010306080907
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    "Cosworth, the Search for Power" is a good book to read.  It gives
    the development history of the phenomenally successful DFV engine. I
    read it because of the following quote from Keith Duckworth:<br>
    <br>
    <em>My problem was that I had read the books on cam design and I had
      believed them.  That was fatal.  Even so, these people seemed to
      be fairly knowledgeable about the various types of profiles and
      acceleration diagrams. .....  I reasoned that I didn't know what
      jerk was all about, and so I was fairly sure that the valve gear
      didn't know it either.  I thought that all the arguments about
      jerk were grossly over-rated.</em><br>
    <br>
    Larry <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/30/2015 5:03 PM, Kas Kastner
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div dir="ltr">The best racing film I've ever seen.  Great stuff
        from the mid 60's with Keith Duckworth developing the engine for
        Chapman at Lotus, Hill, Surtees, Clark, Gurney, Brabham, and
        lots of others. Terrific. Jim Ray, who purchased my TR-6 when I
        went out of the Triumph racing business sent this to me. I also
        got a kick to see that the engine dyno scale and tach were
        exactly the same type I used in the Competition Dept. days. Lots
        of good racing scenes.<br clear="all">
        <div>
          <div class="gmail_signature">
            <p><strong><font color="#000099">Never be beaten by
                  equipment.</font></strong></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_quote">
          <div vlink="purple" link="blue" lang="EN-US">
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/9-days-summer-vintage-f1-gold-and-you-can-watch-it-right-here?utm_source=DailyDrive20151126&amp;utm_medium=enewsletter&amp;utm_term=headline-center&amp;utm_content=body&amp;utm_campaign=awdailydrive"
                  target="_blank">http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/9-days-summer-vintage-f1-gold-and-you-can-watch-it-right-here?utm_source=DailyDrive20151126&amp;utm_medium=enewsletter&amp;utm_term=headline-center&amp;utm_content=body&amp;utm_campaign=awdailydrive</a><span
                  class="HOEnZb"></span></p>
              <span class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888">
                  <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
                        style="font-family:&quot;Brush Script
                        MT&quot;;font-size:16pt"><u><br>
                        </u></span></b></p>
                </font></span></div>
          </div>
        </div>
        <br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------040209030905010306080907--

--===============6473537411977031778==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6473537411977031778==--