Subject: [Fot] 6 cyl crank bearings

From: Enquiries Road & Track via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 14:52:02 +1000

--===============9012220080701403768==

--001a113dd2542b8ca90516904f44

i'd like any comments/experiences people can offer on the crank bearings
currently available for the 6 cylinder engine. As some would know, the
mains and rods are shared with some spitfires

we have tried the israeli made KING bearings and had mixed success. There
are very few seats of the old Vandervell VP copper-leads left around, and
some folk have suggested the overlay plating is falling apart in
new-old-stock ones. Most of the Clevites we can find are much the same spec
as the KING bearings, ie Aluminium-Tin based.

ACL in Australia made copper-lead bearings for them for years, but with
their business recently sold and restructured and they have only a few
large over-sized sets left in stock and dont plan to make more unless i go
to them with an order 50 sets of any required size. If anyone wants
copper-lead in +020 mains or  +030 rods, i'll happily organise them thru my
engine shop. message me directly please

According to mahle website , who now own all the Vandervell business, they
are remaking a limited range of VP2 bearings, but have no listing for
triumph.

thanks

Terry

--001a113dd2542b8ca90516904f44
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">i&#39;d like any comments/experiences people can offer on =
the crank bearings currently available for the 6 cylinder engine. As some w=
ould know, the mains and rods are shared with some spitfires<div><br></div>=
<div>we have tried the israeli made KING bearings and had mixed success. Th=
ere are very few seats of the old Vandervell VP copper-leads left around, a=
nd some folk have suggested the overlay plating is falling apart in new-old=
-stock ones. Most of the Clevites we can find are much the same spec as the=
 KING bearings, ie Aluminium-Tin based.</div><div><br>ACL in Australia made=
 copper-lead bearings for them for years, but with their business recently =
sold and restructured and they have only a few large over-sized sets left i=
n stock and dont plan to make more unless i go to them with an order 50 set=
s of any required size. If anyone wants copper-lead in +020 mains or =C2=A0=
+030 rods, i&#39;ll happily organise them thru my engine shop. message me d=
irectly please</div><div><br></div><div>According to mahle website , who no=
w own all the Vandervell business, they are remaking a limited range of VP2=
 bearings, but have no listing for triumph.</div><div><br></div><div>thanks=
</div><div><br></div><div>Terry</div><div><br></div><div><div><div><br></di=
v></div>
</div></div>

--001a113dd2542b8ca90516904f44--

--===============9012220080701403768==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============9012220080701403768==--

---

From: Scott Janzen via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 08:14:15 -0400

Wishbone Classics sells high quality tri metal bearings, both coated and uncoated.

Sent from my mobile device 

> On May 21, 2015, at 12:52 AM, Enquiries Road & Track via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> had mixed success. There are very few seats of the old Vandervell VP copper-leads left around,

---

From: rodkent--- via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 12:31:11 -0400

Hi Terry, just curious, were you ever able to try that gt6 cam I sold you. Hope things are going well. thx, rod
---- Enquiries Road & Track via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote: 
i'd like any comments/experiences people can offer on the crank bearings
currently available for the 6 cylinder engine. As some would know, the
mains and rods are shared with some spitfires

thanks

Terry