Subject: [Fot] DCOE 40 weber on Spitfire

From: levilevi--- via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 20:21:27 +0000 (UTC)

--===============3469845301532231547==
	boundary="----=_Part_12379798_1911749434.1431375687256"

------=_Part_12379798_1911749434.1431375687256
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

List, 

I'm trying to dial in a single Weber DCOE 40 on my 1296 Spitfire and was wondering what main jets and air correctors others were using successfully. I'm at 5300 ft. altitude here in Colorado so I can adjust for that from the numbers you provide. I'm hoping to get some baseline numbers from anyone with similar sized engines running a DCOE 40. Really can be Sprites, Sprigets, or Spitfires anything similar. 

Right now I'm running a 125 main jet with a 160 air corrector but when reving the engine it falls flat at about 3500-4000 rpm (when I assume its gone through the progression and is into the main circuit). The spark plugs look clean, too clean, with only a bit of brown chocolate color on #4 plug. I'm thinking I need to go richer (bigger hole) on the main jet or smaller on the air corrector. 

Before I order MORE jets and air correctors I'd love some advice and input. 

Thanks 
Bud Rolofson 

------=_Part_12379798_1911749434.1431375687256
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">List,</div><div aria-label=3D"Compose =
body"><br></div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">I'm trying to dial in a si=
ngle Weber DCOE 40 on my 1296 Spitfire and was wondering what main jets and=
 air correctors others were using successfully. I'm at 5300 ft. altitude he=
re in Colorado so I can adjust for that from the numbers you provide. I'm h=
oping to get some baseline numbers from anyone with similar sized engines r=
unning a DCOE 40. Really can be Sprites, Sprigets, or Spitfires anything si=
milar.</div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body"><br></div><div aria-label=3D"C=
ompose body">Right now I'm running a 125 main jet with a 160 air corrector =
but when reving the engine it falls flat at about 3500-4000 rpm (when I ass=
ume its gone through the progression and is into the main circuit). The spa=
rk plugs look clean, too clean, with only a bit of brown chocolate color on=
 #4 plug. I'm thinking I need to go richer (bigger hole) on the main jet or=
 smaller on the air corrector.</div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body"><br></=
div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Before I order MORE jets and air corre=
ctors I'd love some advice and input.</div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body"=
><br></div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Thanks</div><div aria-label=3D"=
Compose body">Bud Rolofson</div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_12379798_1911749434.1431375687256--

--===============3469845301532231547==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3469845301532231547==--