Subject: Re: [Fot] Test. Working with Mjb on my address

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 21:37:16 -0600

Probably time to go over some basics again.

This is an email list. You can call it a chat line, a bulletin board or whatever, but it is based on
email addresses.  People send mail to the list, and it is distributed to the email addresses which are
subscribed to the list. To send mail to the list, you have to have [email-masked] in the "To:" box
of whatever mail program you are using. That's pretty basic.

As mentioned, it is a list of email addresses, not people's names.  You are not a member of the list,
your email address is a member of the list. If you are subscribed as [email-masked], and you post
a message from another address like [email-masked], you will get a message back from mailman saying that
the message was rejected because the lackey address is not a member of the list. If you frequently use multiple
addresses, you can subscribe them all, but select only one to actually receive the mail, unless you want many
copies of each message.

Lately some things have come into play like DMARC policies for trying to validate email as legitimate. It may
or may not be of value to you. Some folks, like AOL [ A PITA for mailing list managers since day 1 ] have
made it difficult for email to flow to their customers as before. Not much I can do about that. I recall some
years ago I actually did the math - AOL subscribers were like 4% of of the total subscribers for all lists,
but were generating 24% of all the errors I had to deal with.

But hey, as an overpaid and underworked admin, I have plenty of time for that, right?

If you are not getting email on a regular basis because your ISP hates Team.Net, checking the archives
should keep you up to date.  Link below for real time folks, I think it is at the top for digest users.

At any rate, it is my intention to keep providing this service. If you have real difficulties with any
of this, I can try to resolve them as time allows. I really enjoy this group and events like the
Kastner Cup, and want to do what I can to assist in keeping it around.

mjb.

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Todd Redmond <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 10:35:33 -0400

Too informative to let it stop 

Thank you Mark!

Thanks
Todd Redmond

> On May 24, 2015, at 11:37 PM, Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
>