Subject: [Fot] Summit Point

From: William Dewar via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 18:59:56 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============4736239003512911466==
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00BD_01D090D3.AA88DDE0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00BD_01D090D3.AA88DDE0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Amici,=20
  My report on the Kastner Cup weekend. Thursday practice beautiful =
weather. About 40 Triumphs on site. Sam Halkias,
Mike Munson, Dick Stockton, Jerry Barker (63 Herald)
 among those. Super photo shoot with approx 45 cars
 Friday Qualifiying race major item was Jerry Barker breaking left rear =
axle. No spare on site, called his son in CA to send spares overnite. =
Friday group 3 race Dick Stockton sat that one out. Top six finishers =
were Alan Tosler with a 66 Lotus Elan (who would give Sam And Mike =
Munson fits) Mike Munson, Henry Frye, Robert Lang,(with rookie stripes) =
Leo Oddi, and Scott Janzen.  Sam Halkias dropped out early which would =
be an ongoing theme. 13 laps. Sat group 3 race Alan Tosler, Mike Munson, =
Dick Stockton,Mark Wheatley,(after finishing only 5 laps on friday) =
Robert Lang (who ran a 130.937) and James Dolan with Group 44 GT6.  Sat =
group 3 race 2 Alan Tosler, James Dolan, Robert Lang (who let Dolan slip =
by under yellow) Mark Wheatley, Henry Frye, and Charlie Dolan. Only 7 =
laps, Sam Halkias and Mike Munson only making 3 laps Mike breaking his =
diff chasing the Lotus. As of mid day still no joy for Jerry Barker as =
UPS plane carrying axles delayed. Luckily another competitor,Joe =
Wisnewski?donated his axles from early Spitfire damaged in a friday =
group 4 race. With all that drama Kastner Cup Race delayed til Sunday as =
skies let loose wind and rain deluge flooding track and the pits.  =
Sunday started off light showers that kept track slightly damp for the =
8:45 am Kastner Cup Race. Sam Halkias was gone with Mike Munson on pole. =
Pace car led field on 2 pace laps to highlight slick spots.  After green =
flag Mike Munson James Dolan and Robert Lang were leading with Mark =
Wheatley, Dick Stockton and Tony Drews gaining quickly on the damp =
track. After about lap 5 rain picked up and James Dolan GT6 and Boyd =
Wagner TR6went off near the Carousel. This brought out yellow then =
quickly black flags. Unfortunately Scott Janzen,Dick Stockton, and Jerry =
Barker (who had been driving like a demon from last place) saw them late =
and missed pit entrance coming up quickly  on the rest of the field =
pitting. That earned all three an early exit. After a cleanup delay the =
field took off again for only a few more laps. From where I watched it =
looked  like a  Mike Munson, Mark Wheatley Tony Drews Jeff Snook (TR3) =
Robert Lang finish. Congratulations to all but specially Mark Wheatly =
and Robert Lang for really strong weekends. Apologies to the other TR =
groups as it was a busy weekend and I could not keep track of it all.

Bill DeWar

------=_NextPart_000_00BD_01D090D3.AA88DDE0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2180" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Amici, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; My report&nbsp;on the Kastner =
Cup weekend.=20
Thursday practice beautiful weather. About 40 Triumphs on site. Sam=20
Halkias,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Munson, Dick Stockton, Jerry =
Barker (63=20
Herald)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;among those. Super photo shoot =
with approx 45=20
cars</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;Friday Qualifiying race major =
item was Jerry=20
Barker breaking left rear axle. No spare on site, called his son in CA =
to send=20
spares overnite. Friday group 3 race Dick Stockton sat that one out. Top =
six=20
finishers were Alan Tosler with a 66 Lotus Elan (who would give Sam And =
Mike=20
Munson fits) Mike Munson, Henry Frye, Robert Lang,(with rookie stripes) =
Leo=20
Oddi, and Scott Janzen.&nbsp; Sam Halkias dropped out early which would =
be an=20
ongoing theme. 13 laps. Sat group 3 race Alan Tosler, Mike Munson, Dick=20
Stockton,Mark Wheatley,(after finishing only 5 laps on friday) Robert =
Lang (who=20
ran a 130.937) and James Dolan with Group 44 GT6.&nbsp; Sat group 3 race =
2 Alan=20
Tosler, James Dolan, Robert Lang (who let Dolan slip by under yellow) =
Mark=20
Wheatley, Henry Frye, and Charlie Dolan. Only 7 laps, Sam Halkias and =
Mike=20
Munson only making 3 laps Mike&nbsp;breaking his diff chasing the Lotus. =
As of=20
mid day still no joy for Jerry Barker as UPS plane carrying axles =
delayed.=20
Luckily another competitor,Joe Wisnewski?donated his axles from early =
Spitfire=20
damaged in a friday group 4 race. With all that drama Kastner Cup Race =
delayed=20
til Sunday as skies let loose wind and rain deluge flooding track and =
the pits.=20
&nbsp;Sunday started off light showers that kept track slightly damp for =
the=20
8:45 am Kastner Cup Race. Sam Halkias was gone with Mike Munson on pole. =
Pace=20
car led field on 2 pace laps to highlight slick spots.&nbsp; After green =
flag=20
Mike Munson James Dolan and Robert Lang were leading with Mark Wheatley, =
Dick=20
Stockton and Tony Drews gaining quickly on the damp track. After about =
lap 5=20
rain picked up and James Dolan GT6 and Boyd Wagner TR6went off near the=20
Carousel. This brought out yellow then quickly black flags. =
Unfortunately Scott=20
Janzen,Dick Stockton, and Jerry Barker (who had been driving like a =
demon from=20
last place) saw them late and missed pit entrance coming up =
quickly&nbsp; on the=20
rest of the field pitting. That earned all three an early exit. After a =
cleanup=20
delay the field took off again for only a few more laps. From where I =
watched it=20
looked&nbsp; like a &nbsp;Mike Munson, Mark Wheatley Tony Drews Jeff =
Snook (TR3)=20
Robert Lang finish. Congratulations to all but specially Mark Wheatly =
and Robert=20
Lang for really strong weekends. Apologies to the other TR groups as it =
was a=20
busy weekend and I could not keep track of it all.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bill DeWar</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00BD_01D090D3.AA88DDE0--

--===============4736239003512911466==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4736239003512911466==--