Subject: [Fot] Canadian Historic GP at Mosport June 2015

From: Spitfire Racing via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 07:37:26 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6316462867100243855==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0007_01D09462.2766F8B0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D09462.2766F8B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Calling all Triumphs and MG racers-Canadian Historic Grand Prix at Mosport

            June 19-21 2015 with an optional test day on Thursday June 18th.

These days there are many fine events one can choose to attend but some
stand out. One such event is the Canadian Historic Grand Prix hosted and
sanctioned by VARAC and held on the historic Mosport circuit, now called the
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park due to their financial input and the many
upgrades done at the facility in the last few years. 

Mosport is an addictive place and all those who attend usually make it an
annual event at the top of their list. Last year we had Bob Tullius join us
and it was no surprise that he said Mosport was his favorite track of all
the ones he had run in the world. How's that for a recommendation? If that's
not enough, ask Triumph drivers Bill Warner; Vince Garret; Mark Wheatley;
Henry Frye; Mike Moore; John Styduhar; Charlie & Jessie Darrow; Bill Rampe;
Richard Brown; Donny Sopp; Leo Oddi; Mike Deweerd; Brian Schirano; Jeff
Clark or Russ Moore along with a multitude of MG racers. Last year the
Triumph /MG Challenge was the main feature and has now become a regular
friendly competition and will again be run this year. Unfortunately last
year the race ended under yellow after the Group 44 TR-6 piloted by Bill
Warner produced an oil dump on turn 2. This year we pick up where we left
off and the battle resumes.

Please do join us at this historic racing location. I should add that it was
a Triumph TR-3 that won the very first race on this track years ago and
since then it has been the site of Formula 1; Can Am; and multiple sports
car racing competitions. This event is the largest vintage racing event in
Canada and with the current exchange rate in our (US) favor it is one of the
best vintage values in North America. Camping is free and the Triumph Ghetto
has already been reserved on the inside of turn one which allows for
excellent viewing of all racing. I understand the MG forces will paddock in
their traditional area as well. Friends of Triumph and the MG Vintage Racer
Group support this event and will be out in force yet again.

The border crossing is easy. 

For additional information please go to:

http://varac.ca/chgp/2015chgp/

Or contact me, Russ Moore at  [email-masked] or at (607)
539-7442 (there's an underscore between Spitfire and racing in the email)

If we have a number of new folks that wish to attend the test day
(recommended) I will check with VARAC about having one of us that know the
track show the lines for one of the test sessions. There is also an
orientation session usually instructed by Johnny Greenwood, a wee Scot, with
a penchant for "great Motorcar Racing!" The hospitality at the event is like
no other. Come and experience a truly great package of racing; camaraderie;
car shows; and history. 

I also understand there will be a visit from the Ministry of Silly Walks if
the appropriate libation permits but that is yet to be confirmed!!

I will warn you, you'll fall in love with this event and the location. Come
see why!

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D09462.2766F8B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>Calling =
all Triumphs and MG racers-Canadian Historic Grand Prix at =
Mosport<o:p></o:p></span></i></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp; June 19-21 2015 with an optional test day on Thursday June =
18<sup>th</sup>.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:16.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></i></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>These days =
there are many fine events one can choose to attend but some stand out. =
One such event is the <b><u>Canadian Historic Grand Prix</u></b> hosted =
and sanctioned by VARAC and held on the historic Mosport circuit, now =
called the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park due to their financial input =
and the many upgrades done at the facility in the last few years. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Mosport is an addictive place and =
all those who attend usually make it an annual event at the top of their =
list. Last year we had Bob Tullius join us and it was no surprise that =
he said Mosport was his favorite track of all the ones he had run in the =
world. How&#8217;s that for a recommendation? If that&#8217;s not =
enough, ask Triumph drivers Bill Warner; Vince Garret; Mark Wheatley; =
Henry Frye; Mike Moore; John Styduhar; Charlie &amp; Jessie Darrow; Bill =
Rampe; Richard Brown; Donny Sopp; Leo Oddi; Mike Deweerd; Brian =
Schirano; Jeff Clark or Russ Moore along with a multitude of MG racers. =
Last year the Triumph /MG Challenge was the main feature and has now =
become a regular friendly competition and will again be run this year. =
Unfortunately last year the race ended under yellow after the Group 44 =
TR-6 piloted by Bill Warner produced an oil dump on turn 2. This year we =
pick up where we left off and the battle resumes.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Please do =
join us at this historic racing location. I should add that it was a =
Triumph TR-3 that won the very first race on this track years ago and =
since then it has been the site of Formula 1; Can Am; and multiple =
sports car racing competitions. This event is the largest vintage racing =
event in Canada and with the current exchange rate in our (US) favor it =
is one of the best vintage values in North America. Camping is free and =
the Triumph Ghetto has already been reserved on the inside of turn one =
which allows for excellent viewing of all racing. I understand the MG =
forces will paddock in their traditional area as well. Friends of =
Triumph and the MG Vintage Racer Group support this event and will be =
out in force yet again.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The border =
crossing is easy. <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>For additional =
information please go to:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'><a =
href=3D"http://varac.ca/chgp/2015chgp/">http://varac.ca/chgp/2015chgp/</a=
><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Or contact me, Russ Moore at &nbsp;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
</a> or at (607) 539-7442 <i>(there&#8217;s an underscore between =
Spitfire and racing in the email)<o:p></o:p></i></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><i><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></i></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>If we =
have a number of new folks that wish to attend the test day =
(recommended) I will check with VARAC about having one of us that know =
the track show the lines for one of the test sessions. There is also an =
orientation session usually instructed by Johnny Greenwood, a wee Scot, =
with a penchant for &#8220;great Motorcar Racing!&#8221; The hospitality =
at the event is like no other. Come and experience a truly great package =
of racing; camaraderie; car shows; and history. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>I also understand there will be a visit from =
the Ministry of Silly Walks if the appropriate libation permits but that =
is yet to be confirmed!!<o:p></o:p></span></i></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I will warn =
you, you&#8217;ll fall in love with this event and the location. Come =
see why!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D09462.2766F8B0--

--===============6316462867100243855==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6316462867100243855==--

---

From: Yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 09:45:17 -0400

What I find so cool about Mosport is every time they have a new racing legend speak at the dinner, the first thing out of their mouths is "this is my favorite track". No wonder it's mine, too. 

This TR/MG challenge deal that Russ put together is another bonus to drive the best track in North America, even more track time!!! VARAC is a great club, clean competitive drivers. The border crossing is a no-brainer. 

I hope a bunch of you guys can join us!

Henry Frye
New Yellow

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Russ Moore
> Subject: [Fot] Canadian Historic GP at Mosport June 2015
>

---

From: Mike Jackson via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 11:08:16 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Well, I wont have my TR3 with me at Mosport but there will be three of us from the South US looking to scare the crap out of a few Spitfires in our FVs.  Watch for us on the inside of any turn that has a braking zone before it.

Mike Jackson

-----Original Message-----
>From: Yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
>Sent: May 22, 2015 9:45 AM
>To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: [Fot] Canadian Historic GP at Mosport June 2015
>
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>