Subject: Re: [Fot] Peter Bulkowski. TR8

From: "Paul MacDonald" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:10:14 -0400

Just thought I would add that Peter is probably the only British Leyland
factory sponsored driver (through BL Canada) still  owning, maintaining and
driving his original factory sponsored car. The Canadian TR8 efforts were in
parallel with the British Leyland US sponsorship of Group 44. Quite a
distinction. 

Also, I understand that after getting the car fixed and ready to race on
Sunday, Peter offered the car to Christian for the Triumph race. Christian
refused, as he thought Peter should be the one driving his car in the race.
Peter won the race and gave his trophy to Christian to take as a souvenir.

A class act all the way around.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Joe Alexander
Sent: September 9, 2013 11:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Peter Bulkowski. TR8

FOT:

I am not sure that anyone exhibited the spirit, passion, and generosity that
Peter brought to us from Canada.

Of course, sharing his TR8 with Germany's Christian Marx ranks right up
there.
That's another story. Peter now graciously says that Christian is now part
of the TR8 history and honored him with his name on the side of the door.
Chris repaid him with a brilliant drive at 2:35s, showing everyone what the
car could do. And first time in car and first time on track.......

Peter's tenacity in repairing his TR8 in time for the Cup was legendary. A
midnight call with a found critical part, early morning welding, and paddock
installation.....and it was ready to roll.

Then a run to the front of the pack with 2:39s on that Four Miles of Black
Magic known as Road America.

His attendance was a long time in the planning. His appearance was a major
event.

Thanks Peter.

Joe A
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bruce Lapierre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:17:37 -0400 (EDT)

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0712265307==
 boundary="--------MB_8D07DE259258735_12C4_29A6C_webmail-m216.sysops.aol.com"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
----------MB_8D07DE259258735_12C4_29A6C_webmail-m216.sysops.aol.com
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Well put.  Congrats to Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul MacDonald <[email-masked]>
To: 'Joe Alexander' <[email-masked]>; fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Sep 12, 2013 11:10 am
Subject: Re: [Fot] Peter Bulkowski.    TR8

Just thought I would add that Peter is probably the only British Leyland
factory sponsored driver (through BL Canada) still  owning, maintaining and
driving his original factory sponsored car. The Canadian TR8 efforts were i=
n
parallel with the British Leyland US sponsorship of Group 44. Quite a
distinction.=20

Paul

-----Original Message-----

FOT:

I am not sure that anyone exhibited the spirit, passion, and generosity tha=
t
Peter brought to us from Canada.

Peter's tenacity in repairing his TR8 in time for the Cup was legendary. A
midnight call with a found critical part, early morning welding, and paddoc=
k
installation.....and it was ready to roll.

Thanks Peter.

Joe A

om

=20

----------MB_8D07DE259258735_12C4_29A6C_webmail-m216.sysops.aol.com
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'2' face=3D'arial'>
<div><font face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" style=3D"background-color:=
 transparent;">Well put.&nbsp; Congrats to Peter</font></div>

<div></div>

<div></div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Paul MacDonald &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: 'Joe Alexander' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; fot &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<=
br>
Sent: Thu, Sep 12, 2013 11:10 am<br>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Peter Bulkowski.    TR8<br>
<br>

<div id=3D"AOLMsgPart_0_58323a89-61cd-4d86-a9bc-98d0295757fb" style=3D"marg=
in: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Ser=
if; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">

<pre style=3D"font-size: 9pt;"><tt>Just thought I would add that Peter is p=
robably the only British Leyland
factory sponsored driver (through BL Canada) still  owning, maintaining and
driving his original factory sponsored car. The Canadian TR8 efforts were i=
n
parallel with the British Leyland US sponsorship of Group 44. Quite a
distinction.=20

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: <a removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
">[email-masked]</a> [<a removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"mailt=
o:[email-masked]?">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] On
Behalf Of Joe Alexander
Sent: September 9, 2013 11:29 AM
To: <a removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">fot@auto=
x.team.net</a>
Subject: [Fot] Peter Bulkowski. TR8

FOT:

I am not sure that anyone exhibited the spirit, passion, and generosity tha=
t
Peter brought to us from Canada.

Peter's tenacity in repairing his TR8 in time for the Cup was legendary. A
midnight call with a found critical part, early morning welding, and paddoc=
k
installation.....and it was ready to roll.

Thanks Peter.

Joe A
_______________________________________________
<a removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
am.net</a>

<a target=3D"_blank" removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"http://www.fot-racing=
.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a>

am.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a target=3D"_blank" removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"http://www.t=
eam.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a target=3D"_blank" removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"http://www.te=
am.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
<a target=3D"_blank" removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/o=
ptions/fot/[email-masked]</a>

_______________________________________________
<a removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
am.net</a>

<a target=3D"_blank" removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"http://www.fot-racing=
.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a>

am.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a target=3D"_blank" removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"http://www.t=
eam.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a target=3D"_blank" removedlink__1926306214__href=3D"http://www.te=
am.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a>

</tt></pre>
</div>
 <!-- end of AOLMsgPart_0_58323a89-61cd-4d86-a9bc-98d0295757fb -->

</div>
</font>
----------MB_8D07DE259258735_12C4_29A6C_webmail-m216.sysops.aol.com--

--===============0712265307==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0712265307==--

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:51:53 +0200

Peter and his team and a so great job on the car that he earned to drive it
in the most important race that weekend.
And he did very well in that race.
I liked it very much to see it racing and in lead after lap one.
Very nice chaps to be with....not to forget Dave Hogey, the adopted team
member.

Cheers
Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im
Auftrag von Paul MacDonald
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. September 2013 17:10
An: 'Joe Alexander'; [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: [Fot] Peter Bulkowski. TR8

Paul

-----Original Message-----

FOT:

Thanks Peter.

Joe A

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

eam.net