Subject: [Fot] Teardown post-modem on my Kas Cup early exit

From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:07:54 -0700

--===============2110427026==

--e89a8ff2518ef980f404e73d5393

After the first tranny failed on Friday, I spent most of the rest of that
day and saturday replacing the diff and tranny.  Got it going a little late
for the Saturday Group 8 race [wish I could have run it as I would hav
gotten a better startig positionin the K Cup.]

As part of the swapping tranny process I have to replace the linear throw
out bearing.  Seems I must have gotten distracted when doing this, as I
failed to tightent he lower left bolt.  This allowed tranny fluid toeasily
escape.  By lapthree the car was shaking and I knew  I would not make it to
the end so exited at turn 5.

Car and new clutch disk and tranny [with a new seal also] are now back and
ready for me to go racing this coming weekend at the new track called "The
Ridge" in Shelton, WA.  This is a great new track and if you can get a
chance, it is a must run.  Has a down hill very similar to the corkscrew at
Laguna.

Rain is predicted.  I have run two races in the rain this year -- first one
at Pacific Raceways I finished third for my only "podium". Second one at
Mission in Canada I got greedy, tried a pass I should not have and ended up
spinning and wiping the front end off the car. It was a good lesson.  I
really understand the value of true rain tires now [used in first rain
race, not in the second].

--e89a8ff2518ef980f404e73d5393
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div>After the first tranny failed on Friday, I spent=
 most of the rest of that day and saturday replacing the diff and tranny.=
=A0 Got it going a little late for the Saturday Group 8 race [wish I could =
have run it as I would hav gotten a better startig positionin the K Cup.]=
=A0 <br>

<br></div>As part of the swapping tranny process I have to replace the line=
ar throw out bearing.=A0 Seems I must have gotten distracted when doing thi=
s, as I failed to tightent he lower left bolt.=A0 This allowed tranny fluid=
 toeasily escape.=A0 By lapthree the car was shaking and I knew=A0 I would =
not make it to the end so exited at turn 5.<br>

=A0<br>Car and new clutch disk and tranny [with a new seal also] are now ba=
ck and ready for me to go racing this coming weekend at the new track calle=
d &quot;The Ridge&quot; in Shelton, WA.=A0 This is a great new track and if=
 you can get a chance, it is a must run.=A0 Has a down hill very similar to=
 the corkscrew at Laguna.<br>

<br></div><div>Rain is predicted.=A0 I have run two races in the rain this =
year -- first one at Pacific Raceways I finished third for my only &quot;po=
dium&quot;. Second one at=A0 Mission in Canada I got greedy, tried a pass I=
 should not have and ended up spinning and wiping the front end off the car=
. It was a good lesson.=A0 I really understand the value of true rain tires=
 now [used in first rain race, not in the second].<br>

</div></div>

--e89a8ff2518ef980f404e73d5393--

--===============2110427026==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2110427026==--

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:41:08 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0224106385==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0048_01CEBABE.0FF4D820"
Content-Language: de

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01CEBABE.0FF4D820
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hey Chuck,

=20

I=92m still very sorry that I took out the best laps from your car.

Sorry to make you so many work instead of you enjoy driving.

=20

Good that everything is back again for a next round.

=20

Cheers

Chris

=20

Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im
Auftrag von Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. September 2013 01:08
An: Friends
Betreff: [Fot] Teardown post-modem on my Kas Cup early exit

=20

After the first tranny failed on Friday, I spent most of the rest of =
that
day and saturday replacing the diff and tranny.  Got it going a little =
late
for the Saturday Group 8 race [wish I could have run it as I would hav
gotten a better startig positionin the K Cup.] =20

As part of the swapping tranny process I have to replace the linear =
throw
out bearing.  Seems I must have gotten distracted when doing this, as I
failed to tightent he lower left bolt.  This allowed tranny fluid =
toeasily
escape.  By lapthree the car was shaking and I knew  I would not make it =
to
the end so exited at turn 5.
=20
Car and new clutch disk and tranny [with a new seal also] are now back =
and
ready for me to go racing this coming weekend at the new track called =
"The
Ridge" in Shelton, WA.  This is a great new track and if you can get a
chance, it is a must run.  Has a down hill very similar to the corkscrew =
at
Laguna.

Rain is predicted.  I have run two races in the rain this year -- first =
one
at Pacific Raceways I finished third for my only "podium". Second one at
Mission in Canada I got greedy, tried a pass I should not have and ended =
up
spinning and wiping the front end off the car. It was a good lesson.  I
really understand the value of true rain tires now [used in first rain =
race,
not in the second].

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01CEBABE.0FF4D820
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word =
12 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.E-MailFormatvorlage17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DDE link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Hey Chuck,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>I&#8217;m still very sorry that I took out the best laps from your =
car.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Sorry to make you so many work instead of you enjoy =
driving.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Good that everything is back again for a next =
round.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Cheers<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Chris<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>Von:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>Im =
Auftrag von </b>Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley<br><b>Gesendet:</b> =
Donnerstag, 26. September 2013 01:08<br><b>An:</b> =
Friends<br><b>Betreff:</b> [Fot] Teardown post-modem on my Kas Cup early =
exit<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>After the first tranny =
failed on Friday, I spent most of the rest of that day and saturday =
replacing the diff and tranny.&nbsp; Got it going a little late for the =
Saturday Group 8 race [wish I could have run it as I would hav gotten a =
better startig positionin the K Cup.]&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>As part of the swapping =
tranny process I have to replace the linear throw out bearing.&nbsp; =
Seems I must have gotten distracted when doing this, as I failed to =
tightent he lower left bolt.&nbsp; This allowed tranny fluid toeasily =
escape.&nbsp; By lapthree the car was shaking and I knew&nbsp; I would =
not make it to the end so exited at turn 5.<br>&nbsp;<br>Car and new =
clutch disk and tranny [with a new seal also] are now back and ready for =
me to go racing this coming weekend at the new track called &quot;The =
Ridge&quot; in Shelton, WA.&nbsp; This is a great new track and if you =
can get a chance, it is a must run.&nbsp; Has a down hill very similar =
to the corkscrew at Laguna.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Rain is predicted.&nbsp; I have run two races in the =
rain this year -- first one at Pacific Raceways I finished third for my =
only &quot;podium&quot;. Second one at&nbsp; Mission in Canada I got =
greedy, tried a pass I should not have and ended up spinning and wiping =
the front end off the car. It was a good lesson.&nbsp; I really =
understand the value of true rain tires now [used in first rain race, =
not in the second].<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0048_01CEBABE.0FF4D820--

--===============0224106385==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0224106385==--