Subject: [Fot] In other news

From: "Bill Tobin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:23:52 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1715946946==
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0037_01CEAFB2.F15CBFB0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01CEAFB2.F15CBFB0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi all, sounds like you all had a great time at RA. Glad to hear it.
I ran at Watkins Glen last weekend and also had a great time; knocked 4 =
seconds off my lap times. Must be those new carbs.
Triumphs were in short supply, Allen Goode did well but had a couple =
problems with broken rocker arm studs, which he fixed. Brian Schirano =
had his yelllow TR6 there and had fun.
The Friday re-enactment was attended by 20,000 or so fans on a gorgeous =
day; we all had a ball.
It rained Sat night and was damp Sunday AM, but cleared up nicely.
There were the Historic Trams Am folks there, all of the cars were =
incredible. I watched a lot of them race in the late '60's and early =
'70's! Where did thos 40 or so years go?
One of the Penske/Donohue,Sunoco Camaros hit the guardrails very hard =
and was heavily damaged. There was a photographer behind the guardrail =
in the area and was thrown for a loop and was airlifted out. Luckily he =
had a broken arm and several ribs and not much else. Whew!

Film at 11! (If I could get my video camera hooked up to my computer) =
Damned new fangled stuff. Next thing you know, they'll make phones that =
will take video! (Old Luddite!)

It was a great weekend.
Bill
------=_NextPart_000_0037_01CEAFB2.F15CBFB0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23520">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi all, sounds like you all had a great =
time at RA.=20
Glad to hear it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I ran at Watkins Glen last weekend and =
also had a=20
great time; knocked 4 seconds off my lap times. Must be those new=20
carbs.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Triumphs were in short supply, Allen =
Goode did well=20
but had a couple problems with broken rocker arm studs, which he fixed. =
Brian=20
Schirano had his yelllow TR6 there and had fun.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>The Friday re-enactment was attended by =
20,000 or=20
so fans on a gorgeous day; we all had a ball.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>It rained Sat night and was damp Sunday =
AM, but=20
cleared up nicely.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>There were the Historic Trams Am folks =
there, all=20
of the cars were incredible. I watched a lot of them race in the late =
'60's and=20
early '70's! Where did thos 40 or so years go?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>One of the Penske/Donohue,Sunoco =
Camaros hit the=20
guardrails very hard and was heavily damaged. There was a photographer =
behind=20
the guardrail in the area and was thrown for a loop and was airlifted =
out.=20
Luckily he had a broken arm and several ribs and not much else.=20
Whew!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Film at 11! (If I could get my video =
camera hooked=20
up to my computer) Damned new fangled stuff. Next thing you know, =
they'll make=20
phones that will take video! (Old Luddite!)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>It was a great weekend.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Bill</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01CEAFB2.F15CBFB0--

--===============1715946946==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1715946946==--

---

From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:45:26 -0400

--===============1695798357==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0078_01CEAFBE.56AE8CD0"
Content-language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0078_01CEAFBE.56AE8CD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

That Camaro (which is the REAL deal Penske car) was driven by Pat Ryan, who,
when not driving the Camaro drives a lightning fast black Spitfire. His son,
Sean is also a very accomplished Spitfire jockey and also drove it until he
stepped up into a silver Camaro. That black Spitfire is one of the few cars
I have ever seen capable of running down Kent Bain in his white and green
Spitfire from Vintage Racing Services in Connecticut. 

Sounds like all involved are on the mend from local news reports. 

Russ Moore

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Bill Tobin
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:24 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] In other news

I ran at Watkins Glen last weekend and also had a great time; knocked 4
seconds off my lap times. Must be those new carbs.

Triumphs were in short supply, Allen Goode did well but had a couple
problems with broken rocker arm studs, which he fixed. Brian Schirano had
his yelllow TR6 there and had fun.

The Friday re-enactment was attended by 20,000 or so fans on a gorgeous day;
we all had a ball.

There were the Historic Trams Am folks there, all of the cars were
incredible. I watched a lot of them race in the late '60's and early '70's!
Where did thos 40 or so years go?

One of the Penske/Donohue,Sunoco Camaros hit the guardrails very hard and
was heavily damaged. There was a photographer behind the guardrail in the
area and was thrown for a loop and was airlifted out. Luckily he had a
broken arm and several ribs and not much else. Whew!

Film at 11! (If I could get my video camera hooked up to my computer) Damned
new fangled stuff. Next thing you know, they'll make phones that will take
video! (Old Luddite!)

It was a great weekend.

Bill

------=_NextPart_000_0078_01CEAFBE.56AE8CD0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>That Camaro (which is the REAL deal Penske car) was driven by Pat =
Ryan, who, when not driving the Camaro drives a lightning fast black =
Spitfire. His son, Sean is also a very accomplished Spitfire jockey and =
also drove it until he stepped up into a silver Camaro. That black =
Spitfire is one of the few cars I have ever seen capable of running down =
Kent Bain in his white and green Spitfire from Vintage Racing Services =
in Connecticut. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Sounds like all involved are on the mend from local news reports. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Russ Moore<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On =
Behalf Of </b>Bill Tobin<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, September 12, 2013 =
12:24 PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Fot] In =
other news<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Hi all, =
sounds like you all had a great time at RA. Glad to hear =
it.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>I ran at =
Watkins Glen last weekend and also had a great time; knocked 4 seconds =
off my lap times. Must be those new =
carbs.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Triumphs =
were in short supply, Allen Goode did well but had a couple problems =
with broken rocker arm studs, which he fixed. Brian Schirano had his =
yelllow TR6 there and had fun.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>The Friday =
re-enactment was attended by 20,000 or so fans on a gorgeous day; we all =
had a ball.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>It rained =
Sat night and was damp Sunday AM, but cleared up =
nicely.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>There were =
the Historic Trams Am folks there, all of the cars were incredible. I =
watched a lot of them race in the late '60's and early '70's! Where did =
thos 40 or so years go?</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>One of the =
Penske/Donohue,Sunoco Camaros hit the guardrails very hard and was =
heavily damaged. There was a photographer behind the guardrail in the =
area and was thrown for a loop and was airlifted out. Luckily he had a =
broken arm and several ribs and not much else. =
Whew!</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Film at 11! =
(If I could get my video camera hooked up to my computer) Damned new =
fangled stuff. Next thing you know, they'll make phones that will take =
video! (Old Luddite!)</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>It was a =
great weekend.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Bill</span><o=
:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0078_01CEAFBE.56AE8CD0--

--===============1695798357==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1695798357==--