Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Former Jack Wheeler TR4A for sale

From: Don Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 11:37:40 -0400

--===============1292837494==

--20cf303344f94eb44104e70ecfa7

I have decided its time to sell the Jack Wheeler TR4A IRS car #11 that I
have been vintage racing for the past 13+ years. This is the car that Jack
developed, starting in the early '70s and then won the SCCA EP Runoffs with
in 1990. The front end was wrecked in the '93 Runoffs and Jack rebuilt it
with a new frame and cage. He continued to race it until about 1998 when he
quit racing. I bought it from him in '99, put stock fenders on it to make
it vintage eligible, and have been racing it since, primarily with VDCA and
occasionally with SVRA. The car is extremely well documented, with logbooks
back to '74, plus Jack's other documentation and time sheets, videos of the
Runoff's win, etc.

It's got what you'd expect on a really well prepared TR4A IRS car,
including Carillo rods (no billet crank), roller rockers, 87mm BFE sleeves
and Venolia pistons, aluminum flywheel, oil cooler, accusump (not
installed),Tilton dual disk race clutch, close ratio tranny, 5 welded diffs
(3.4, 3.7, 4.1, 4.3, 4.55), Corvair rear axle conversion, gear reduction
starter, uprated front axle spindles, nearly new 8 gallon fuel cell, dual
Holley Red fuel pumps, 15x6" Panasport wheels, fire system, aluminum rear
brake drums, Stalh header, race modified carbs and manifold, electronic
ignition, alternator, oversized aluminum radiator with electric fan, etc.
The current engine is mildly tuned for longevity and probably has a some
more weekends left in it before needing to be freshened.

I also have the original steel flared fenders that were on the car when it
won the Runoffs, with appropriate stickers, etc.  I'm using them for wall
art in my garage but they could be put back on the car if someone wanted to
recreate the look from 1990.

Asking $19,500.  Located in North Florida. Pictures can be seen at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99617473@N04/sets/72157635804233524

If interested, please email me directly at [email-masked] or call
me at 904-553-2156 for more information.

Don Marshall

--20cf303344f94eb44104e70ecfa7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><p>I have decided its time to sell the Jack Wheeler TR4A I=
RS car #11 that I have been vintage racing for the past 13+ years. This is =
the car that Jack developed, starting in the early &#39;70s and then won th=
e SCCA EP Runoffs with in 1990. The front end was wrecked in the &#39;93 Ru=
noffs and Jack rebuilt it with a new frame and cage. He continued to race i=
t until about 1998 when he quit racing. I bought it from him in &#39;99, pu=
t stock fenders on it to make it vintage eligible, and have been racing it =
since, primarily with VDCA and occasionally with SVRA. The car is extremely=
 well documented, with logbooks back to &#39;74, plus Jack&#39;s other docu=
mentation and time sheets, videos of the Runoff&#39;s win, etc.=A0</p>

<p>It&#39;s got what you&#39;d expect on a really well prepared TR4A IRS ca=
r, including Carillo rods (no billet crank), roller rockers, 87mm BFE sleev=
es and Venolia pistons, aluminum flywheel, oil cooler, accusump (not instal=
led),Tilton dual disk race clutch, close ratio tranny, 5 welded diffs (3.4,=
 3.7, 4.1, 4.3, 4.55), Corvair rear axle conversion, gear reduction starter=
, uprated front axle spindles, nearly new 8 gallon fuel cell, dual Holley R=
ed fuel pumps, 15x6&quot; Panasport wheels, fire system, aluminum rear brak=
e drums, Stalh header, race modified carbs and manifold, electronic ignitio=
n, alternator, oversized aluminum radiator with electric fan, etc. The curr=
ent engine is mildly tuned for longevity and probably has a some more weeke=
nds left in it before needing to be freshened.=A0</p>

<p>I also have the original steel flared fenders that were on the car when =
it won the Runoffs, with appropriate stickers, etc. =A0I&#39;m using them f=
or wall art in my garage but they could be put back on the car if someone w=
anted to recreate the look from 1990.</p>

<p>Asking $19,500. =A0Located in North Florida. Pictures can be seen at=A0<=
a href=3D"http://www.flickr.com/photos/99617473@N04/sets/72157635804233524"=
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/99617473@N04/sets/721576358=
04233524</a>=A0</p>

<p>If interested, please email me directly at <a href=3D"mailto:donmarshall=
@nefcom.net" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> or call me at <a =
href=3D"tel:904-553-2156" target=3D"_blank">904-553-2156</a>=A0for more inf=
ormation.=A0</p>

<p>Don Marshall</p>

</div>

--20cf303344f94eb44104e70ecfa7--

--===============1292837494==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1292837494==--