Subject: [Fot] Team.Net progress, I hope!

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 19:58:57 -0600

The last few days you may have noticed that it might take 2, 3, 4 or 
more hours for a simple
message to one of the Team.Net lists to get posted.  There have been 
some serious network
problems happening.

I'm hoping that will change soon.  On tuesday, Sep. 24th, a local 
Comcast contractor will be
installing broadband cable.  After 20+ years of DSL based networking, 
I'm going to give cable
a try.  There will be a few days of testing, setting up, getting the 
hang of it and such, but I
hope to have Team.Net running on a network that should be 5  - 10 times 
faster than the current
DSL service.

There will be periods of downtime during the switch, the IP addresses 
involved will be changing
and it takes time for these changes to propagate around the world. I'll 
provide more immediate
notice of service interruptions as they come up, try not to leave all 
you loyal subscribers hanging
for too long.

It should be a change for the better, we shall see.

mjb.

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive