Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup Photos and a first question

From: "Joe Guinan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 20:56:27 -0500

Triumphs and their keepers at work and play, and at rest...
http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/Spitfirejoe2012/slideshow/Kastner%20Cup%202013

Road Course Re-Enactors...
http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/Spitfirejoe2012/library/Kastner%20Cup%202013/Road%20Coarse%20Re-enactment%20Group

The "Gathering On The Green"...
http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/Spitfirejoe2012/library/Kastner%20Cup%202013/Gathering%20On%20The%20Green

Other race cars at the event...
http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/Spitfirejoe2012/library/Kastner%20Cup%202013/Kastner%20Cup%20Others

I hope those links work.  These were dropped into PhotoBucket after a little
massaging (some cropping, a little brightening and contrast reduction).
PhotoBucket has interesting methods of re-organizing everything I put in
there... so I hope I have the photos re-re-organized enough to make sense
out of things.

I have many questions after attending this event; but I'll start with one.
Why do we call it the "Triumph Ghetto" when high class operations like the
West Coast Crew in Tony Garmey's Ferrari Transporter, and so many others are
there?  And then you add high class people like Peggy and Kas? This is no
"ghetto" scene, my friends.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 21:15:09 -0500

The "Triumph Ghetto" is really the domain of the FOT further east.

You know....the usual self effacing approach we have.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 9, 2013, at 8:56 PM, "Joe Guinan" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
> 
> http://www.fot-racing.com
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 20:23:00 -0600

> massaging (some cropping, a little brightening and contrast reduction).
Your email program puts line breaks in the middle of links, which can be
a pain for some folks.  I doctored them up a bit so that they will work 
in the
archives.

mjb.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:21:32 -0400

The "Triumph Ghetto" was occupied by most of it's usual suspects, plus our 
royalty and guest for the weekend was Bill Dentinger.

We were just up the hill from the excitement around the Lester Garages, if 
it were not for Mark's car needing new smoke in one ignition wire, it would 
have been a pretty tame in the Ghetto. Thanks to Ned Sparrow for literally 
diving in to make the repair, Mark and I returned from the drivers meeting 
to see Ned's feet sticking out of the cockpit and Bob Lang providing tools, 
encouragment and expert tutelage. (not that any tutelage was needed)

And thanks to all the Western PA Triumphs guys for coming and parking all 
your beautiful cars in the Ghetto. It's always a treat to have you guys come 
out to support us, and you know you guys are always welcome!

Another great K-Cup weekend, thanks to Joe Alexander for his leadership on 
making this all happen. Anybody who was involved knows the time and effort 
Joe put in, and we thank you for that, my friend.

Note to self, autocross camshaft not well suited for Road America...

Henry
[email-masked]

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:20:05 -0500

Thanks, Henry,

This all worked out well, although we missed all your company in the FOT Garages.

It's good to have choices and Bill Dentinger needs to remain grandfathered in at the top of the hill.

Great run, Henry!  I was able to watch you from the sidelines, quite a bit.

Joe
Sent from my iPad