Subject: [Fot] Car on a wall

From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:36:59 -0700

I'm rebodying Ambro 001, so I stuck the old body on a wall in my new shop. Here's some pics I posted in the Random section of a forum I frequent:

http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=21963.msg220069#msg220069
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 08:44:59 -0700

--===============1164171975==

--Apple-Mail=_68D867E4-B124-4C19-A6B6-D8D7F6172657
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

It's a Bitsa TR3 that I'm building as a street car. I bought a failed =
resto project out of Utah a few years ago, mostly for the parts. the guy =
had disassembled three TR3s to build one. Most of the body parts were =
junk, but there was one good body already painted red, three good =
frames, three engines, no good transmissions, tons of rusty crap, etc. I =
guess officially it's a 1960. it's on the lift because I'm still =
building it. It will be fairly hot. Rack and pinion steering, improved =
suspension, the mild race motor that was originally in the Ambro, TR6 =
trans with OD, quaife rear end, etc.=20

The white body is from the new mold, the same one that Joe's car came =
from. It's not a great piece of fiberglass, I should have rented the =
mold and had someone lay up a seriously light and strong body. But it's =
better than the 250 pound thing on the wall.=20

On Sep 17, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Bruce Lapierre <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Way Cool!  What year 3 is on the lift?  Why?
> =20
> Bruce     X#46-TR4
>=20
>=20
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked] Triumph <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tue, Sep 17, 2013 3:43 pm
> Subject: [Fot] Car on a wall
>=20
> I'm rebodying Ambro 001, so I stuck the old body on a wall in my new =
shop.=20
> Here's some pics I posted in the Random section of a forum I frequent:
>=20
>=20
> =
http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=3D21963.msg220069#msg2200=
69
>=20
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail=_68D867E4-B124-4C19-A6B6-D8D7F6172657
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">It's =
a Bitsa TR3 that I'm building as a street car. I bought a failed resto =
project out of Utah a few years ago, mostly for the parts. the guy had =
disassembled three TR3s to build one. Most of the body parts were junk, =
but there was one good body already painted red, three good frames, =
three engines, no good transmissions, tons of rusty crap, etc. I guess =
officially it's a 1960. it's on the lift because I'm still building it. =
It will be fairly hot. Rack and pinion steering, improved suspension, =
the mild race motor that was originally in the Ambro, TR6 trans with OD, =
quaife rear end, etc.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>The white body is from =
the new mold, the same one that Joe's car came from. It's not a great =
piece of fiberglass, I should have rented the mold and had someone lay =
up a seriously light and strong body. But it's better than the 250 pound =
thing on the wall.&nbsp;</div><div><br><div><div>On Sep 17, 2013, at =
1:35 PM, Bruce Lapierre &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><font =
size=3D"2" face=3D"arial">
<div>Way Cool!&nbsp; What year 3 is on the lift?&nbsp; Why?</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>Bruce&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; X#46-TR4<br>
<br>
<br>
</div>

<div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica; font-size: 10pt; =
">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Bill Babcock &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> Triumph =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Sent: Tue, Sep 17, 2013 3:43 pm<br>
Subject: [Fot] Car on a wall<br>
<br>

<div style=3D"background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); margin: 0px; =
font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; " =
id=3D"AOLMsgPart_0_2af88012-04d7-4068-83c8-7b45f2ee3614"><pre =
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 9pt"><tt>I'm rebodying Ambro 001, so I stuck the old =
body on a wall in my new shop.=20
Here's some pics I posted in the Random section of a forum I frequent:

<a =
href=3D"http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=3D21963.msg220069=
#msg220069" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=3D21963=
.msg220069#msg220069</a>
_______________________________________________
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a>

target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]=
m</a>

</tt></pre></div>
<!-- end of AOLMsgPart_0_2af88012-04d7-4068-83c8-7b45f2ee3614 --></div>
</font></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_68D867E4-B124-4C19-A6B6-D8D7F6172657--

--===============1164171975==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1164171975==--