Subject: [Fot] Nicely put Jason!

From: Chuck Gee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:43:48 -0600

--Apple-Mail-CC741B13-9CDD-4B8C-9D98-42C048FE0641
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

All,

Nicely put Jason!  It was a pleasure to meet and race with you, for as littl=
e as it lasted anyway. =20
Mike and I had a great time.  We only lost two trailer tires on the way over=
 (decided to replace them all after that, sometimes when you gamble, you los=
e) and besides the small engine problem I had, it was a great success.  Unfo=
rtunately, it was not fixable at the track because of some previous custom f=
ixes I had done.  I guess they weren't successful.  Time to build a spare mo=
tor.

I enjoyed seeing the FOT guys I knew again, putting some faces with the new n=
ames, and hanging out with some old friends like Kas, Peg, Tami and John Fry=
mark, the Barkers, the Knights and the Weins.  Everyone made me feel welcome=
, even though I tend to make that difficult at times!

It was great to meet Christian and watch him drive the TR8 very well.  I was=
 almost like he didn't own the car (oh, wait...).  He also enlightened me on=
 how to race in the rain, information I could have used before the Portland K=
astner Cup.

Tony Drews, you rock!  I think you ran in every race you could have, includi=
ng the one in the rain that most ran away from.  Very impressive driving and=
 a tribute to your car prep.

I also got to meet Peter Egan up at the food place.  I was hoping he'd be th=
ere and enjoyed my brief conversation with him.  I don't read much of his Ro=
ad and Track stuff, but do follow his writing at Cycle World religiously.  H=
opefully nothing changes there for him.

Of course, what would a weekend at Road America be without brats!  The pictu=
re below illustrates what John, Mike, and I had for a late lunch on Sunday, j=
ust before they closed up.  I look forward to coming back just to have them a=
gain.

Congratulations Ken on a well deserved win.  I remember when you would come b=
y the pits at VARA races just talking about the car you were building, when y=
ou would leave a race in disgust with mechanical gremlins, and when you star=
ted running up front and winning.  Your car and driving are impeccable and I=
 certainly hope you decide to hang it up so I can win a race again.

Thanks Joe for putting this thing together.  I look forward to a similar, hi=
gh level event next year in Texas!

Chuck=20

--Apple-Mail-CC741B13-9CDD-4B8C-9D98-42C048FE0641
	name=photo.JPG
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=photo.JPG
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-CC741B13-9CDD-4B8C-9D98-42C048FE0641
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--Apple-Mail-CC741B13-9CDD-4B8C-9D98-42C048FE0641--