Subject: [Fot] Spitfire&GT6 Editor announcement

From: Shawn Frank <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 18:15:57 -0700 (PDT)

--===============1144723444==

--1929490892-1654080340-1378862157=:91349

So it has happened. Spitfire&GT6 magazine has announced that I will be taking over as Editor after this next issue (#45). Howard Baugues has been editor for 10 years and is stepping down as editor but will still be a content contributor and consultant. The announcement was made tonight via Facebook. I hated that I couldn't say anything all weekend, but thought it best to let Howard announce it in his own time. I have a lot of writing to do, but know that I will be a Friends of Triumph member for the duration of each article, each event, and every pic.

It was an absolute pleasure and privilege to meet most of you this weekend. I had more fun than I can express. It seemed to go so quickly and was a pleasant whirlwind of action through the whole experience. This weekend had so much significance for me and my beautiful wife. We will remember and talk about the weekend many years into the future.

I will be wanting to talk to some of you about your Spitfires and the stories behind them. Without the stories, they are just cars. All of our cars have stories, and that is what interests me most. If you have any stories or pics that you think other Spitfire & GT6 people would be interested in hearing about, submit said stories to me at [email-masked] or email them to me at [email-masked] which is my personal email.

Thank you all so much for the warm reception, the outstretched hands, and the views of enthusiasts such as ourselves. We were honored to meet legends like Kas Kastner, Bob Johns, and Dan Fowler. We were privileged to rub elbows with the greats like Joe Alexander, Bill Dentinger, Tony Drews, Chris Marx, Ken Knight (congratulations, btw!!!), Jerry Barker, on and on...A life altering experience for me. Thank you all for that! Onward and upward towards whatever the future brings.

Honored and humbled...

Shawn Frank
Spitfire&GT6 Magazine-editor
Drive Away Cancer Iowa-driver
Friends of Triumph/North American Spitfire Squadron#746/Iowa British Car Club
Continued Legacy (facebook and twitter)
71 Spitfire MKIV (Gertrude)
80 Spitfire 1500 (Bradley)
--1929490892-1654080340-1378862157=:91349

<html><body><div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:12pt"><div>So it has happened. Spitfire&amp;GT6 magazine has announced that I will be taking over as Editor after this next issue (#45). Howard Baugues has been editor for 10 years and is stepping down as editor but will still be a content contributor and consultant. The announcement was made tonight via Facebook. I hated that I couldn't say anything all weekend, but thought it best to let Howard announce it in his own time. I have a lot of writing to do, but know that I will be a Friends of Triumph member for the duration of each article, each event, and every pic.</div><div><br></div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;">It was an absolute pleasure and privilege to meet most of you this weekend. I had more fun
 than I can express. It seemed to go so quickly and was a pleasant whirlwind of action through the whole experience. This weekend had so much significance for me and my beautiful wife. We will remember and talk about the weekend many years into the future.</div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;"><br></div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;">I will be wanting to talk to some of you about your Spitfires and the stories behind them. Without the stories, they are just cars. All of our cars have stories, and that is what interests me most. If you have any stories or pics that you think other Spitfire &amp; GT6 people would be interested in hearing about, submit said stories to me at [email-masked] or
 email them to me at [email-masked] which is my personal email.</div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;"><br></div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;">Thank you all so much for the warm reception, the outstretched hands, and the views of enthusiasts such as ourselves. We were honored to meet legends like Kas Kastner, Bob Johns, and Dan Fowler. We were privileged to rub elbows with the greats like Joe Alexander, Bill Dentinger, Tony Drews, Chris Marx, Ken Knight (congratulations, btw!!!), Jerry Barker, on and on...A life altering experience for me. Thank you all for that! Onward and upward towards whatever the future brings.</div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new
 roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;"><br></div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;">Honored and humbled...</div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;"><br></div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;">Shawn Frank</div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;">Spitfire&amp;GT6 Magazine-editor</div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent;
 font-style: normal;">Drive Away Cancer Iowa-driver</div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;">Friends of Triumph/North American Spitfire Squadron#746/Iowa British Car Club</div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;">Continued Legacy (facebook and twitter)</div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;">71 Spitfire MKIV (Gertrude)</div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; font-family: 'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal;">80 Spitfire 1500 (Bradley)</div></div></body></html>
--1929490892-1654080340-1378862157=:91349--

--===============1144723444==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1144723444==--

---

From: Chuck WATSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 08:23:34 -0400

--===============1694834857==
	boundary="_3b995caf-2c53-45d6-b562-d7e425b14dfd_"

--_3b995caf-2c53-45d6-b562-d7e425b14dfd_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Shawn -

Congrats on your new position.  Sounds like a great challenge.  I have cont=
ributed regional info to the magazine in the past.  I'm sure everyone in th=
is group would love to see a little more racing slant to the magazine.  May=
be just a one-page tech article or something.  With the magazine being spec=
ific to Spits and GT6's=2C it's much easier for you to get into relevant de=
tails than those that have a more general readership.  My $.02!  Best of lu=
ck!

Thanks=2C
=20
Chuck Watson

Date: Tue=2C 10 Sep 2013 18:15:57 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Spitfire&GT6 Editor announcement

So it has happened. Spitfire&GT6 magazine has announced that I will be taki=
ng over as Editor after this next issue (#45). Howard Baugues has been edit=
or for 10 years and is stepping down as editor but will still be a content =
contributor and consultant. The announcement was made tonight via Facebook.=
 I hated that I couldn't say anything all weekend=2C but thought it best to=
 let Howard announce it in his own time. I have a lot of writing to do=2C b=
ut know that I will be a Friends of Triumph member for the duration of each=
 article=2C each event=2C and every pic.
It was an absolute pleasure and privilege to meet most of you this weekend.=
 I had more fun=0A=
 than I can express. It seemed to go so quickly and was a pleasant whirlwin=
d of action through the whole experience. This weekend had so much signific=
ance for me and my beautiful wife. We will remember and talk about the week=
end many years into the future.
I will be wanting to talk to some of you about your Spitfires and the stori=
es behind them. Without the stories=2C they are just cars. All of our cars =
have stories=2C and that is what interests me most. If you have any stories=
 or pics that you think other Spitfire & GT6 people would be interested in =
hearing about=2C submit said stories to me at [email-masked] or=
=0A=
 email them to me at [email-masked] which is my personal email.
Thank you all so much for the warm reception=2C the outstretched hands=2C a=
nd the views of enthusiasts such as ourselves. We were honored to meet lege=
nds like Kas Kastner=2C Bob Johns=2C and Dan Fowler. We were privileged to =
rub elbows with the greats like Joe Alexander=2C Bill Dentinger=2C Tony Dre=
ws=2C Chris Marx=2C Ken Knight (congratulations=2C btw!!!)=2C Jerry Barker=
=2C on and on...A life altering experience for me. Thank you all for that! =
Onward and upward towards whatever the future brings.
Honored and humbled...
Shawn FrankSpitfire&GT6 Magazine-editorDrive Away Cancer Iowa-driverFriends=
 of Triumph/North American Spitfire Squadron#746/Iowa British Car ClubConti=
nued Legacy (facebook and twitter)71 Spitfire MKIV (Gertrude)80 Spitfire 15=
00 (Bradley)
_______________________________________________=0A=
[email-masked]=0A=
=0A=
http://www.fot-racing.com=0A=
=0A=
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive=0A=
om 		 	   		  =

--_3b995caf-2c53-45d6-b562-d7e425b14dfd_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
<body class=3D'hmmessage'><div dir=3D'ltr'>Shawn -<br><br>Congrats on your =
new position.&nbsp=3B Sounds like a great challenge.&nbsp=3B I have contrib=
uted regional info to the magazine in the past.&nbsp=3B I'm sure everyone i=
n this group would love to see a little more racing slant to the magazine.&=
nbsp=3B Maybe just a one-page tech article or something.&nbsp=3B With the m=
agazine being specific to Spits and GT6's=2C it's much easier for you to ge=
t into relevant details than those that have a more general readership.&nbs=
p=3B My $.02!&nbsp=3B Best of luck!<br><br><font style=3D"" color=3D"#0070c=
0"><strong><font face=3D"Times New Roman"><font size=3D"4">Thanks=2C</font>=
<br></font><font face=3D"Garamond=2C Times=2C Serif" size=3D"4"><em></em></=
font></strong>&nbsp=3B<br><font face=3D"Verdana"><font face=3D"Comic Sans M=
S"><em><font face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D"4"><strong>Chuck Watson<br></=
strong></font><font face=3D"Garamond"></font></em></font></font><br><em></e=
m></font><font style=3D"" color=3D"#000000"><br><br><br><br><br></font><br>=
<br><div><hr id=3D"stopSpelling">Date: Tue=2C 10 Sep 2013 18:15:57 -0700<br=
>From: [email-masked]<br>To: [email-masked]<br>Subject: [Fot] Spi=
tfire&amp=3BGT6 Editor announcement<br><br><div style=3D"color:#000=3Bbackg=
round-color:#fff=3Bfont-family:times new roman=2C new york=2C times=2C seri=
f=3Bfont-size:12pt=3B"><div>So it has happened. Spitfire&amp=3BGT6 magazine=
 has announced that I will be taking over as Editor after this next issue (=
#45). Howard Baugues has been editor for 10 years and is stepping down as e=
ditor but will still be a content contributor and consultant. The announcem=
ent was made tonight via Facebook. I hated that I couldn't say anything all=
 weekend=2C but thought it best to let Howard announce it in his own time. =
I have a lot of writing to do=2C but know that I will be a Friends of Trium=
ph member for the duration of each article=2C each event=2C and every pic.<=
/div><div><br></div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C 0=2C 0)=3Bfont-size:16px=
=3Bfont-family:'times new roman'=2C 'new york'=2C times=2C serif=3Bbackgrou=
nd-color:transparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B">It was an absolute pleasure an=
d privilege to meet most of you this weekend. I had more fun=0A=
 than I can express. It seemed to go so quickly and was a pleasant whirlwin=
d of action through the whole experience. This weekend had so much signific=
ance for me and my beautiful wife. We will remember and talk about the week=
end many years into the future.</div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C 0=2C 0)=
=3Bfont-size:16px=3Bfont-family:'times new roman'=2C 'new york'=2C times=2C=
 serif=3Bbackground-color:transparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B"><br></div><di=
v style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C 0=2C 0)=3Bfont-size:16px=3Bfont-family:'times new=
 roman'=2C 'new york'=2C times=2C serif=3Bbackground-color:transparent=3Bfo=
nt-style:normal=3B">I will be wanting to talk to some of you about your Spi=
tfires and the stories behind them. Without the stories=2C they are just ca=
rs. All of our cars have stories=2C and that is what interests me most. If =
you have any stories or pics that you think other Spitfire &amp=3B GT6 peop=
le would be interested in hearing about=2C submit said stories to me at sha=
[email-masked] or=0A=
 email them to me at [email-masked] which is my personal email.</div>=
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C 0=2C 0)=3Bfont-size:16px=3Bfont-family:'times =
new roman'=2C 'new york'=2C times=2C serif=3Bbackground-color:transparent=
=3Bfont-style:normal=3B"><br></div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C 0=2C 0)=3Bf=
ont-size:16px=3Bfont-family:'times new roman'=2C 'new york'=2C times=2C ser=
if=3Bbackground-color:transparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B">Thank you all so =
much for the warm reception=2C the outstretched hands=2C and the views of e=
nthusiasts such as ourselves. We were honored to meet legends like Kas Kast=
ner=2C Bob Johns=2C and Dan Fowler. We were privileged to rub elbows with t=
he greats like Joe Alexander=2C Bill Dentinger=2C Tony Drews=2C Chris Marx=
=2C Ken Knight (congratulations=2C btw!!!)=2C Jerry Barker=2C on and on...A=
 life altering experience for me. Thank you all for that! Onward and upward=
 towards whatever the future brings.</div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C 0=2C=
 0)=3Bfont-size:16px=3Bfont-family:'times new roman'=2C 'new york'=2C times=
=2C serif=3Bbackground-color:transparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B"><br></div>=
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C 0=2C 0)=3Bfont-size:16px=3Bfont-family:'times =
new roman'=2C 'new york'=2C times=2C serif=3Bbackground-color:transparent=
=3Bfont-style:normal=3B">Honored and humbled...</div><div style=3D"color:rg=
b(0=2C 0=2C 0)=3Bfont-size:16px=3Bfont-family:'times new roman'=2C 'new yor=
k'=2C times=2C serif=3Bbackground-color:transparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B"=
><br></div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C 0=2C 0)=3Bfont-size:16px=3Bfont-fam=
ily:'times new roman'=2C 'new york'=2C times=2C serif=3Bbackground-color:tr=
ansparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B">Shawn Frank</div><div style=3D"color:rgb(=
0=2C 0=2C 0)=3Bfont-size:16px=3Bfont-family:'times new roman'=2C 'new york'=
=2C times=2C serif=3Bbackground-color:transparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B">S=
pitfire&amp=3BGT6 Magazine-editor</div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C 0=2C 0)=
=3Bfont-size:16px=3Bfont-family:'times new roman'=2C 'new york'=2C times=2C=
 serif=3Bbackground-color:transparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B">Drive Away Ca=
ncer Iowa-driver</div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C 0=2C 0)=3Bfont-size:16px=
=3Bfont-family:'times new roman'=2C 'new york'=2C times=2C serif=3Bbackgrou=
nd-color:transparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B">Friends of Triumph/North Ameri=
can Spitfire Squadron#746/Iowa British Car Club</div><div style=3D"color:rg=
b(0=2C 0=2C 0)=3Bfont-size:16px=3Bfont-family:'times new roman'=2C 'new yor=
k'=2C times=2C serif=3Bbackground-color:transparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B"=
>Continued Legacy (facebook and twitter)</div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C =
0=2C 0)=3Bfont-size:16px=3Bfont-family:'times new roman'=2C 'new york'=2C t=
imes=2C serif=3Bbackground-color:transparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B">71 Spi=
tfire MKIV (Gertrude)</div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0=2C 0=2C 0)=3Bfont-size=
:16px=3Bfont-family:'times new roman'=2C 'new york'=2C times=2C serif=3Bbac=
kground-color:transparent=3Bfont-style:normal=3B">80 Spitfire 1500 (Bradley=
)</div></div><br>_______________________________________________=0A=
[email-masked]=0A=
=0A=
http://www.fot-racing.com=0A=
=0A=
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive=0A=
om</div> 		 	   		  </div></body>
</html>=

--_3b995caf-2c53-45d6-b562-d7e425b14dfd_--

--===============1694834857==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1694834857==--