Subject: [Fot] Tokyo R888 Pressures

From: Norlin Engineering <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 13:52:03 -0700

Anyone have experience with these tires on a Spit?  The pressure Toyo recommends 34 hot, seems way too high.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Edward Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 14:08:07 -0700

I run 24-25lb.

-------- Original message --------
From: Norlin Engineering <[email-masked]>
Date: 09/01/2013 1:56 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: FOT <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Tokyo R888 Pressures

Anyone have experience with these tires on a Spit?  The pressure Toyo
recommends 34 hot, seems way too high.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: Norlin Engineering <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 15:06:10 -0700

Thanks we're gonna drop pressures for this final race.

Edward Dunn <[email-masked]> wrote:

>.EmailQuote { margin-left: 1pt; padding-left: 4pt; border-left: #800000 2px solid; } I run 24-25lb.
>
>
>Anyone have experience with these tires on a Spit?B  The pressure Toyo recommends 34 hot, seems way too high.
>
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Norlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 07:34:47 -0700

Darn autocorrect on the phone - anyway, thanks for the help.

Here's what we found out.  We've been running Hoosier R-6's and I was 
hoping to get a final weekend out of this set.  Several flat spots ended 
that plan and the Toyo's were the only thing available at the track.

Toyo says 32-38 psi hot, so we started at 26 cold figuring to hit close 
to the low end of this range.  After three sessions, the tires were not 
showing any wear at all on either shoulder and the wife was complaining 
about being able to lock the fronts under braking really easily.  That's 
when I sent out the message.  We dropped to 20 psi cold, which ended up 
at 25 hot.  The tires are now showing wear across the entire surface and 
her fast time was slightly improved.  More testing awaits in the spring.

Have fun at the Kas Cup.

On 9/1/2013 1:52 PM, Norlin Engineering wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]