Subject: [Fot] TR4 diff disassembly

From: Scott Janzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:12:19 -0400

--===============1580483335==

--Apple-Mail=_10776102-DC8C-4F7C-9E3B-DBA3BAD5E159
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

So, i am pulling apart the rear axle to send it to Southwick for =
conversion.  I'm working without a shop manual - and want to pull the =
differential out of the housing.  I've removed the bearing caps.  Do I =
need Churchill Spreader xyz, and is there a good/cheap substitute?  It =
does not want to pop out with the persuasion of a pry bar.

BTW, there's a Detroit locker . . . any special instructions?=

--Apple-Mail=_10776102-DC8C-4F7C-9E3B-DBA3BAD5E159
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head></head><body style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">So, i am pulling apart the rear axle to send it to Southwick for conversion. &nbsp;I'm working without a shop manual - and want to pull the differential out of the housing. &nbsp;I've removed the bearing caps. &nbsp;Do I need Churchill Spreader xyz, and is there a good/cheap substitute? &nbsp;It does not want to pop out with the persuasion of a pry bar.<div><br></div><div>BTW, there's a Detroit locker . . . any special instructions?</div></body></html>
--Apple-Mail=_10776102-DC8C-4F7C-9E3B-DBA3BAD5E159--

--===============1580483335==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1580483335==--

---

From: "Joe Boruch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 02:25:26 GMT

I have aways been able to pry the diff out with extra large screw drivers as pry bars.  Joe(B)

From: Scott Janzen <[email-masked]>
To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] TR4 diff disassembly
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:12:19 -0400

So, i am pulling apart the rear axle to send it to Southwick for conversion.  I'm working without a shop manual - and want to pull the differential out of the housing.  I've removed the bearing caps.  Do I need Churchill Spreader xyz, and is there a good/cheap substitute?  It does not want to pop out with the persuasion of a pry bar.

BTW, there's a Detroit locker . . . any special instructions?
____________________________________________________________
30-second trick for a flat belly
This daily 30-second trick BOOSTS your body&#39;s #1 fat-burning hormone
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/5244ecdd827986cdd2c70st04duc
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 20:18:46 -0700

> It does not want to pop out 
> with the persuasion of a pry bar.

Use two pry bars, one on each side, with something between the bar & casting to protect the casting.  

http://tinyurl.com/mx49pm6

Randall

---

From: Dennis DeLap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:27:47 -0500

--===============1408105475==
	boundary="_3850CC4A-6A6F-4AA3-8BB8-1B8BA51C522C_"

--_3850CC4A-6A6F-4AA3-8BB8-1B8BA51C522C_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I like using a case spreader.  You can make one easily with two pieces of a=
ngle iron and some threaded rod.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Scott Janzen" <[email-masked]>
Sent: =E2=80=8E9/=E2=80=8E26/=E2=80=8E2013 9:12 PM
To: "'Friends of Triumph' Triumph" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] TR4 diff disassembly

So, i am pulling apart the rear axle to send it to Southwick for conversion=
.  I'm working without a shop manual - and want to pull the differential ou=
t of the housing.  I've removed the bearing caps.  Do I need Churchill Spre=
ader xyz, and is there a good/cheap substitute?  It does not want to pop ou=
t with the persuasion of a pry bar.

--_3850CC4A-6A6F-4AA3-8BB8-1B8BA51C522C_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type></HE=
AD>
<BODY style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-lin=
e-break: after-white-space">
<DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-serif">I like usin=
g a case spreader.&nbsp; You can make one easily with two pieces of angle i=
ron and some threaded rod.</DIV></DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<HR>
<SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-serif; FONT-WEIGH=
T: bold">From: </SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,=
sans-serif"><A href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Scott Janzen</A></SPAN=
><BR><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-serif; FONT-=
WEIGHT: bold">Sent: </SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Cal=
ibri,sans-serif">=E2=80=8E9/=E2=80=8E26/=E2=80=8E2013 9:12 PM</SPAN><BR><SP=
AN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-serif; FONT-WEIGHT: =
bold">To: </SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-=
serif"><A href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">'Friends of Triumph' Triumph</=
A></SPAN><BR><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-seri=
f; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Subject: </SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-=
FAMILY: Calibri,sans-serif">[Fot] TR4 diff disassembly</SPAN><BR><BR></DIV>=
So, i am pulling apart the rear axle to send it to Southwick for conversion=
. &nbsp;I'm working without a shop manual - and want to pull the differenti=
al out of the housing. &nbsp;I've removed the bearing caps. &nbsp;Do I need=
 Churchill Spreader xyz, and is there a good/cheap substitute? &nbsp;It doe=
s not want to pop out with the persuasion of a pry bar.=20
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>BTW, there's a Detroit locker . . . any special instructions?</DIV></B=
ODY></HTML>=

--_3850CC4A-6A6F-4AA3-8BB8-1B8BA51C522C_--

--===============1408105475==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1408105475==--