Subject: [Bmcu] Fwd: [TR] Old British cars

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:34:29 -0600

Be nice to find something like this a bit closer to home.

mjb.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [TR] Old British cars
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 13:36:10 -0400
From: Andrew Uprichard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

List:  I was approached earlier this week by a guy who said there were 70
old British and European cars in a series of barns about an hour from my
house in Michigan.  Apparently the old guy had died and the family wanted
them out of there.  As often happens, the story wasn't quite right: the
number was more like 20, and the was a mixture of British, European and US
cars.  The only TR was a TR7 which looked to be in good condition.

There were two Jaguars, both 4-door sedans, one with a British "F"
registration (1967) and the other looked to be much earlier.  Both had new
interiors and minimal rust.  There was also a Rover which I would guess was
from the 40s or 50s.

The only car which interested me was an Austin-Healey 3000 which I made an
offer on.

The family asked me to see if I could help them sell the cars as no-one is
interested in eBay or Craigslist at this point.

I realize this is a Triumph list, but if anyone is interested or knows
someone who might be, I took lots of pictures and can be contacted off-list.
Mark:  if you want to forward this to any other lists, please do so.

Since I am having some difficulties with this list (especially when I post),
could someone let me know if this message does make it out to the rest of
you?  Thanks!

Andrew Uprichard

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive