Subject: Re: [Bmcu] SU Carb Spares

From: Gary Lindstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 19:08:23 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0804759481==
 boundary="------------010705080602080000040404"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010705080602080000040404
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Ryan,

Don't be overwhelmed by what you found in your SU's. Despite their 
malevolent reputation, these are very straightforward, even ingenious 
(IMHO) devices that run without complaint once set up properly.

I have quite a boneyard of SU parts of various states of serviceability, 
and you are welcome to pick and choose whatever you can use.

If you decide to have your carbs professionally rebuilt, I have a 
terrific guy to recommend:

JT's Carburetors
Bob Johnson
19785 South Par Lane
Claremore, OK 74017
918-850-3905
P.O. Box 493
Claremore, OK 74018
[email-masked]

I had Bob rebuild the carbs on my Aston Martin and if I remember 
correctly, my XK140, and he did a very expert reasonably priced jobs.

Hope this helps,
     --Gary

On 6/16/2013 6:44 PM, Ryan Border wrote:
> Tore into my Jag today to root cause the fuel leak (dribbling out of 
> the bottom of the front carb).  Turned out to be a perished (cracked 
> and crispy) jet diaphragm on the front carb (SU HD-8).   Checked the 
> rear, it wasn't a whole lot better; but it hadn't actually broken yet, 
> like the front.   This deep into it, I might as well renew a few wear 
> items (needles, seats, float lever arms, gaskets, etc.).
>
> Is there a local (SLC) shop that stocks these sort of small SU spares?
>
> I could not believe what I found in my fuel filter while I had things 
> apart:
> http://t.co/mtIEKxeWDP
>
> It was nearly packed full of small rust particles.   It definitely did 
> it's job.  Somewhat surprising that fuel was flowing through it at all.
>
> It was great meeting a few more of you in person at the field day 
> yesterday-
>
> Ryan Border.
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]

--------------010705080602080000040404
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    Ryan,<br>
    <br>
    Don't be overwhelmed by what you found in your SU's. Despite their
    malevolent reputation, these are very straightforward, even
    ingenious (IMHO) devices that run without complaint once set up
    properly.<br>
    <br>
    I have quite a boneyard of SU parts of various states of
    serviceability, and you are welcome to pick and choose whatever you
    can use.<br>
    <br>
    If you decide to have your carbs professionally rebuilt, I have a
    terrific guy to recommend:<br>
    <br>
    JT's Carburetors<br>
    Bob Johnson<br>
    19785 South Par Lane<br>
    Claremore, OK 74017<br>
    918-850-3905<br>
    P.O. Box 493<br>
    Claremore, OK 74018<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
    <br>
    I had Bob rebuild the carbs on my Aston Martin and if I remember
    correctly, my XK140, and he did a very expert reasonably priced
    jobs.<br>
    <br>
    Hope this helps,<br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; --Gary<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/16/2013 6:44 PM, Ryan Border
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:arial,
        helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10pt">
        <div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
          font-size: 10pt;">Tore into my Jag today to root cause the
          fuel leak (dribbling out of the bottom of the front carb). &nbsp;
          &nbsp;Turned out to be a perished (cracked and crispy) jet
          diaphragm on the front carb (SU HD-8). &nbsp; Checked the rear, it
          wasn't a whole lot better; but it hadn't actually broken yet,
          like the front. &nbsp; This deep into it, I might as well renew a
          few wear items (needles, seats, float lever arms, gaskets,
          etc.).</div>
        <div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
          font-size: 10pt;"><br>
        </div>
        <div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
          font-size: 13px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color:
          transparent; font-style: normal;">Is there a local (SLC) shop
          that stocks these sort of small SU spares?&nbsp;</div>
        <div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
          font-size: 13px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color:
          transparent; font-style: normal;"><br>
        </div>
        <div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
          font-size: 13px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color:
          transparent; font-style: normal;">I could not believe what I
          found in my fuel filter while I had things apart:</div>
        <div style="background-color: transparent;"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://t.co/mtIEKxeWDP">http://t.co/mtIEKxeWDP</a><br>
        </div>
        <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
          font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style: normal;"><br>
        </div>
        <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
          font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style: normal;">It
          was nearly packed full of small rust particles. &nbsp; It
          definitely did it's job. &nbsp;Somewhat surprising that fuel was
          flowing through it at all.</div>
        <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
          font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style: normal;"><br>
        </div>
        <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
          font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style: normal;">It
          was great meeting a few more of you in person at the field day
          yesterday-</div>
        <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
          font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style: normal;"><br>
        </div>
        <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
          font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style: normal;">Ryan
          Border.</div>
        <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
          font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style: normal;"><br>
        </div>
        <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
          font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style: normal;"><font
            size="2" face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"><br>
          </font></div>
        <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
          font-size: 13px; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
          font-style: normal;"><font size="2" face="arial, helvetica,
            sans-serif"><br>
          </font></div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010705080602080000040404--

--===============0804759481==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0804759481==--

---

From: Kevin Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 19:57:08 -0600

--===============0234749681==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-4B13F0B5-4844-4C57-8DF6-F3770C273189
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-4B13F0B5-4844-4C57-8DF6-F3770C273189
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 I have used apple hydraulics to rebuild and test three or four sets of SUs f=
or MGs, Healeys and a Jag.  $500 a set by not problems. =20

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 16, 2013, at 7:08 PM, Gary Lindstrom <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Ryan,
>=20
> Don't be overwhelmed by what you found in your SU's. Despite their malevol=
ent reputation, these are very straightforward, even ingenious (IMHO) device=
s that run without complaint once set up properly.
>=20
> I have quite a boneyard of SU parts of various states of serviceability, a=
nd you are welcome to pick and choose whatever you can use.
>=20
> If you decide to have your carbs professionally rebuilt, I have a terrific=
 guy to recommend:
>=20
> JT's Carburetors
> Bob Johnson
> 19785 South Par Lane
> Claremore, OK 74017
> 918-850-3905
> P.O. Box 493
> Claremore, OK 74018
> [email-masked]
>=20
> I had Bob rebuild the carbs on my Aston Martin and if I remember correctly=
, my XK140, and he did a very expert reasonably priced jobs.
>=20
>=20
>> Tore into my Jag today to root cause the fuel leak (dribbling out of the b=
ottom of the front carb).    Turned out to be a perished (cracked and crispy=
) jet diaphragm on the front carb (SU HD-8).   Checked the rear, it wasn't a=
 whole lot better; but it hadn't actually broken yet, like the front.   This=
 deep into it, I might as well renew a few wear items (needles, seats, float=
 lever arms, gaskets, etc.).
>>=20
>> Is there a local (SLC) shop that stocks these sort of small SU spares?=20=

>>=20
>> I could not believe what I found in my fuel filter while I had things apa=
rt:
>> http://t.co/mtIEKxeWDP
>>=20
>> It was nearly packed full of small rust particles.   It definitely did it=
's job.  Somewhat surprising that fuel was flowing through it at all.
>>=20
>> It was great meeting a few more of you in person at the field day yesterd=
ay-
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]=
ah.edu
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/kevincowan1=
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-4B13F0B5-4844-4C57-8DF6-F3770C273189
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>&nbsp;I have used apple hydraulics to rebuild and test three or four sets of SUs for MGs, Healeys and a Jag. &nbsp;$500 a set by not problems. &nbsp;<br><br>Sent from my iPad</div><div><br>On Jun 16, 2013, at 7:08 PM, Gary Lindstrom &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>
  
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">

    Ryan,<br>
    <br>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]" type="cite">
          font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style: normal;"><font size="2" face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"><br>

</div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br><span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span>Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-4B13F0B5-4844-4C57-8DF6-F3770C273189--

--===============0234749681==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0234749681==--

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 20:23:35 -0600

I'm reasonably good with carbs, sometimes, if the weather is right. But 
check out the work that Jeff
at Paltach does:

http://www.paltech1.com/

Lots of good recommendations from the various Britcar lists on Team.Net.

mjb.

---

From: Mark Milligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 08:55:38 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1970086726==
 boundary="------------010604000408030200040509"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010604000408030200040509
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Another option that I've heard is good (but have not used)- 
http://joecurto.com/

Mark
(yellow Europa)

On 6/16/2013 7:08 PM, Gary Lindstrom wrote:
> can use.
>> and crispy) jet diaphragm on the front carb ().   Checked the rear, 
>> it wasn't a whole lot better; but it hadn't actually broken yet, like 
>> the front.   This deep into it, I might as well renew a few wear 
>> It was nearly packed full of small rust particles.   It definitely 
>> did it's job.  Somewhat surprising that fuel was flowing through it 
>> at all.
>>
>> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums:http://www.team.net/forums
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]

--------------010604000408030200040509
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Another option that I've heard is good
      (but have not used)-&nbsp; <a href="http://joecurto.com/">http://joecurto.com/</a>
      <br>
      <br>
      Mark<br>
      (yellow Europa)<br>
      <br>
      On 6/16/2013 7:08 PM, Gary Lindstrom wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]" type="cite">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
      Ryan,<br>
      <br>
      Don't be overwhelmed by what you found in your SU's. Despite their
      malevolent reputation, these are very straightforward, even
      ingenious (IMHO) devices that run without complaint once set up
      properly.<br>
      <br>
      I have quite a boneyard of SU parts of various states of
      serviceability, and you are welcome to pick and choose whatever
      you can use.<br>
      <br>
      If you decide to have your carbs professionally rebuilt, I have a
      terrific guy to recommend:<br>
      <br>
      JT's Carburetors<br>
      Bob Johnson<br>
      19785 South Par Lane<br>
      Claremore, OK 74017<br>
      918-850-3905<br>
      P.O. Box 493<br>
      Claremore, OK 74018<br>
      <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
        href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
      <br>
      I had Bob rebuild the carbs on my Aston Martin and if I remember
      correctly, my XK140, and he did a very expert reasonably priced
      jobs.<br>
      <br>
      Hope this helps,<br>
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; --Gary<br>
      <br>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/16/2013 6:44 PM, Ryan Border
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote
        cite="mid:[email-masked]"
        type="cite">
        <div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff;
          font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10pt">
          <div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
            font-size: 10pt;">Tore into my Jag today to root cause the
            fuel leak (dribbling out of the bottom of the front carb). &nbsp;
            &nbsp;Turned out to be a perished (cracked and crispy) jet
            diaphragm on the front carb (). &nbsp; Checked the rear, it
            wasn't a whole lot better; but it hadn't actually broken
            yet, like the front. &nbsp; This deep into it, I might as well
            renew a few wear items (needles, seats, float lever arms,
            gaskets, etc.).</div>
          <div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
            font-size: 10pt;"><br>
          </div>
          <div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
            font-size: 13px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color:
            transparent; font-style: normal;">Is there a local (SLC)
            shop that stocks these sort of small SU spares?&nbsp;</div>
          <div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
            font-size: 13px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color:
            transparent; font-style: normal;"><br>
          </div>
          <div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
            font-size: 13px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color:
            transparent; font-style: normal;">I could not believe what I
            found in my fuel filter while I had things apart:</div>
          <div style="background-color: transparent;"><a
              moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
              href="http://t.co/mtIEKxeWDP">http://t.co/mtIEKxeWDP</a><br>
          </div>
          <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0,
            0); font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style:
            normal;"><br>
          </div>
          <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0,
            0); font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style:
            normal;">It was nearly packed full of small rust particles.
            &nbsp; It definitely did it's job. &nbsp;Somewhat surprising that fuel
            was flowing through it at all.</div>
          <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0,
            0); font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style:
            normal;"><br>
          </div>
          <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0,
            0); font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style:
            normal;">It was great meeting a few more of you in person at
            the field day yesterday-</div>
          <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0,
            0); font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style:
            normal;"><br>
          </div>
          <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0,
            0); font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style:
            normal;">Ryan Border.</div>
          <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0,
            0); font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style:
            normal;"><br>
          </div>
          <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0,
            0); font-size: 16px; font-family: Times; font-style:
            normal;"><font face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><br>
            </font></div>
          <div style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(0, 0,
            0); font-size: 13px; font-family: arial, helvetica,
            sans-serif; font-style: normal;"><font face="arial,
              helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><br>
            </font></div>
        </div>
        <br>
        <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
        <br>
        <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
<a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010604000408030200040509--

--===============1970086726==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1970086726==--

---

From: "Steve Masefield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 21:13:36 -0600

--===============1149534485==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00E5_01CE6B9F.87F51100"

------=_NextPart_000_00E5_01CE6B9F.87F51100
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have sourced parts  from Joe =E2=80=93 he is a New Yorker and sounds =
=E2=80=98gruff=E2=80=99 but don=E2=80=99t be put off ! =20

Steve

From: Mark Milligan=20
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 8:55 AM
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] SU Carb Spares

Another option that I've heard is good (but have not used)-  =
http://joecurto.com/=20

Mark
(yellow Europa)

  Ryan,

  Don't be overwhelmed by what you found in your SU's. Despite their =
malevolent reputation, these are very straightforward, even ingenious =
(IMHO) devices that run without complaint once set up properly.

  I have quite a boneyard of SU parts of various states of =
serviceability, and you are welcome to pick and choose whatever you can =
use.

  If you decide to have your carbs professionally rebuilt, I have a =
terrific guy to recommend:

  JT's Carburetors
  Bob Johnson
  19785 South Par Lane
  Claremore, OK 74017
  918-850-3905
  P.O. Box 493
  Claremore, OK 74018
  [email-masked]

  I had Bob rebuild the carbs on my Aston Martin and if I remember =
correctly, my XK140, and he did a very expert reasonably priced jobs.

  Hope this helps,
      --Gary

    Tore into my Jag today to root cause the fuel leak (dribbling out of =
the bottom of the front carb).    Turned out to be a perished (cracked =
and crispy) jet diaphragm on the front carb ().   Checked the rear, it =
wasn't a whole lot better; but it hadn't actually broken yet, like the =
front.   This deep into it, I might as well renew a few wear items =
(needles, seats, float lever arms, gaskets, etc.).

    Is there a local (SLC) shop that stocks these sort of small SU =
spares?=20

    I could not believe what I found in my fuel filter while I had =
things apart:
    http://t.co/mtIEKxeWDP

    It was nearly packed full of small rust particles.   It definitely =
did it's job.  Somewhat surprising that fuel was flowing through it at =
all.

    It was great meeting a few more of you in person at the field day =
yesterday-

    Ryan Border.

    =20

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]

  =20

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail is spam:
Spam
Not spam
Forget previous vote

REMEMBER: Never give out your account information, password, or other =
personal information over e-mail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_00E5_01CE6B9F.87F51100
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DISO-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr bgColor=3D#ffffff text=3D#000000>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>I have sourced parts&nbsp; from Joe =E2=80=93 he is a New Yorker =
and sounds =E2=80=98gruff=E2=80=99=20
but don=E2=80=99t be put off !&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Steve</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; =
COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: none; DISPLAY: =
inline">
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Mark Milligan</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Monday, June 17, 2013 8:55 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Bmcu] SU Carb Spares</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; =
COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: none; DISPLAY: =
inline">
<DIV class=3Dmoz-cite-prefix>Another option that I've heard is good (but =
have not=20
used)-&nbsp; <A href=3D"http://joecurto.com/">http://joecurto.com/</A>=20
<BR><BR>Mark<BR>(yellow Europa)<BR><BR>On 6/16/2013 7:08 PM, Gary =
Lindstrom=20
wrote:<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE cite=3Dmid:[email-masked]=20
  type=3D"cite">Ryan,<BR><BR>Don't be overwhelmed by what you found in =
your SU's.=20
  Despite their malevolent reputation, these are very straightforward, =
even=20
  ingenious (IMHO) devices that run without complaint once set up=20
  properly.<BR><BR>I have quite a boneyard of SU parts of various states =
of=20
  serviceability, and you are welcome to pick and choose whatever you =
can=20
  use.<BR><BR>If you decide to have your carbs professionally rebuilt, I =
have a=20
  terrific guy to recommend:<BR><BR>JT's Carburetors<BR>Bob =
Johnson<BR>19785=20
  South Par Lane<BR>Claremore, OK 74017<BR>918-850-3905<BR>P.O. Box=20
  493<BR>Claremore, OK 74018<BR><A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=20
  moz-do-not-send=3D"true">[email-masked]</A><BR><BR>I had Bob =
rebuild the=20
  carbs on my Aston Martin and if I remember correctly, my XK140, and he =
did a=20
  very expert reasonably priced jobs.<BR><BR>Hope this=20
  helps,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; --Gary<BR><BR>
  <DIV class=3Dmoz-cite-prefix>On 6/16/2013 6:44 PM, Ryan Border =
wrote:<BR></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  cite=3Dmid:[email-masked]=20
  type=3D"cite">
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; =
COLOR: #000; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff">
    <DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, =
sans-serif">Tore=20
    into my Jag today to root cause the fuel leak (dribbling out of the =
bottom=20
    of the front carb).&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Turned out to be a perished =
(cracked=20
    and crispy) jet diaphragm on the front carb ().&nbsp;&nbsp; Checked =
the=20
    rear, it wasn't a whole lot better; but it hadn't actually broken =
yet, like=20
    the front.&nbsp;&nbsp; This deep into it, I might as well renew a =
few wear=20
    items (needles, seats, float lever arms, gaskets, etc.).</DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, =
sans-serif">&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 13px; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; =
COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Is =

    there a local (SLC) shop that stocks these sort of small SU spares? =
</DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 13px; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; =
COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
transparent">&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 13px; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; =
COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">I=20
    could not believe what I found in my fuel filter while I had things=20
    apart:</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><A =
class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext=20
    href=3D"http://t.co/mtIEKxeWDP"=20
    moz-do-not-send=3D"true">http://t.co/mtIEKxeWDP</A><BR></DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: times; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: times; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">It=20
    was nearly packed full of small rust particles.&nbsp;&nbsp; It =
definitely=20
    did it's job.&nbsp; Somewhat surprising that fuel was flowing =
through it at=20
    all.</DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: times; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: times; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">It=20
    was great meeting a few more of you in person at the field day=20
    yesterday-</DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: times; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: times; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Ryan=20
    Border.</DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: times; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: times; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); =
FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><FONT=20
    size=3D2 face=3D"arial, helvetica, sans-serif"><BR></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 13px; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica,
                sans-serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-STYLE: normal; =
BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><FONT=20
    size=3D2=20
    face=3D"arial,&#13;&#10;              helvetica, =
sans-serif"><BR></FONT></DIV></DIV><BR>
    <FIELDSET class=3DmimeAttachmentHeader></FIELDSET> <BR><PRE =
wrap=3D"">_______________________________________________
<A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
moz-do-not-send=3D"true">[email-masked]</A>
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
moz-do-not-send=3D"true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</A>
Archive: <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
moz-do-not-send=3D"true">http://www.team.net/archive</A>
Forums: <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
moz-do-not-send=3D"true">http://www.team.net/forums</A>
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]" =
moz-do-not-send=3D"true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/gary@=
cs.utah.edu</A>
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>
  <FIELDSET class=3DmimeAttachmentHeader></FIELDSET> <BR><PRE =
wrap=3D"">_______________________________________________
<A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A>
Archive: <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</A>
Forums: <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</A>
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]</A>
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><!-- BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS -->
<DIV><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: medium; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; =
FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white">
<HR>
<BR>Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail is spam:<BR><A=20
href=3D"https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=3D08JNqU2el&amp;m=3D6=
f1a602e6ea2&amp;c=3Ds">Spam</A><BR><A=20
href=3D"https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=3D08JNqU2el&amp;m=3D6=
f1a602e6ea2&amp;c=3Dn">Not=20
spam</A><BR><A=20
href=3D"https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=3D08JNqU2el&amp;m=3D6=
f1a602e6ea2&amp;c=3Df">Forget=20
previous vote</A><BR><BR><B>REMEMBER:</B> Never give out your account=20
information, password, or other personal information over e-mail.<BR>
<HR>
</SPAN></DIV><!-- END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS -->
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>[email-masked]<BR=
>Donate:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]<BR></DIV></D=
IV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00E5_01CE6B9F.87F51100--

--===============1149534485==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1149534485==--