Subject: [Bmcu] ZDDP One More Time, Maybe?

From: "Rob McNair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 17:13:31 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1539483160==
	type="multipart/alternative";
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0012_01CE5E22.2D0FC3F0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CE5E22.2D0FC3F0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0013_01CE5E22.2D0FEB00"

------=_NextPart_001_0013_01CE5E22.2D0FEB00
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

FYI,=20

I tried the small bottles of ZDDP additive and found it didn't play well =
with the engine oil I was using.
It coagulated on the bottom of the oil pan.
I then went to Valvoline 20W-50 VR1 Racing Oil, which has a ZDDP in it, =
but I'm not sure how much.
After reading all the emails regarding ZDDP I did a bit of research and =
found some information on the Lucas Oil Products site.

     They have a Hot Rod & Classic Car Motor Oil that comes in 20W-50, =
10W-40, & 10W-30 ($25.95 to 27.95 for a 5 qt. bottle at Summit Racing)

      Cut and pasted from the Lucas site:
      Available in convenient 5 quart bottles, the formulation is =
perfect for the Hot Rod and Classic Car crowd with an increased zinc =
value of 2100 PPM. Because many of these very special machines often =
spend long periods (winter for example in some parts of the country) off =
the roads, a number of the components of the additive package used in =
Lucas' Marine oils to provide rust and corrosion protection have been =
included in its unique formula.  Lucas Hot Rod & Classic Car Motor Oil =
SAE 20W-50 is manufactured with the highest quality paraffinic base oils =
and is fortified with a unique additive package containing high levels =
of zinc, molybdenum and phosphorus, which provides a tougher, thicker =
additive film for maximum protection even under the most severe =
conditions. It lowers oil temperatures, extends oil life and minimizes =
metal fatigue. It improves the film strength between the cylinder wall =
and piston rings and slows oil burning and improves pressure in worn =
engines. It has good cold temperature properties and stands up to high =
operating temperatures. It is compatible with methanol and all racing =
fuels, as well as with synthetic and non-synthetic oils.

      Lucas Hot Rod & Classic Car Motor Oil SAE 20W-50 is for muscle, =
showroom, classic and trophy cars without catalytic converters. It can =
be used in racing applications. Not recommended for passenger car use.
    =20

------=_NextPart_001_0013_01CE5E22.2D0FEB00
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16484"></HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; =
BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: none; =
PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area"><!--[gte IE =
5]><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" /><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" =
/><![endif]-->
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>FYI,&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>I tried the small bottles of ZDDP additive&nbsp;and =
found it=20
didn't play&nbsp;well with the engine oil I was using.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>It coagulated on the bottom of the oil =
pan.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>I then went to Valvoline 20W-50&nbsp;VR1 Racing Oil, =
which has=20
a ZDDP in it, but I'm not sure how much.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>After reading all the emails regarding ZDDP I did a =
bit of=20
research and found some information on the Lucas Oil Products =
site.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<P></P>
<TABLE class=3DarticleListTable border=3D0 cellSpacing=3D0 =
cellPadding=3D0>
  <TBODY>
  <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD>
      <DIV>They have a Hot Rod &amp; Classic Car Motor Oil<FONT=20
      color=3D#000000>&nbsp;that comes in 20W-50, 10W-40, &amp; 10W-30 =
($25.95 to=20
      27.95 for a&nbsp;5 qt. bottle&nbsp;at Summit Racing)</FONT></DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV>Cut and pasted from the Lucas site:</DIV>
      <P class=3DarticleTeaser><FONT color=3D#000000>Available in =
convenient 5 quart=20
      bottles,&nbsp;the formulation is perfect for the Hot Rod and =
Classic Car=20
      crowd with an increased zinc value of 2100 PPM. Because many of =
these very=20
      special machines often spend long periods (winter for example in =
some=20
      parts of the country) off the roads, a number of the components of =
the=20
      additive package used in Lucas' Marine oils to provide rust and =
corrosion=20
      protection have been included in its unique formula.&nbsp; Lucas =
Hot Rod=20
      &amp; Classic Car Motor Oil SAE 20W-50 is manufactured with the =
highest=20
      quality paraffinic base oils and is fortified with a unique =
additive=20
      package containing high levels of zinc, molybdenum and phosphorus, =
which=20
      provides a tougher, thicker additive film for maximum protection =
even=20
      under the most severe conditions. It lowers oil temperatures, =
extends oil=20
      life and minimizes metal fatigue. It improves the film strength =
between=20
      the cylinder wall and piston rings and slows oil burning and =
improves=20
      pressure in worn engines. It has good cold temperature properties =
and=20
      stands up to high operating temperatures. It is compatible with =
methanol=20
      and all racing fuels, as well as with synthetic and non-synthetic=20
      oils.<BR><BR>Lucas Hot Rod &amp; Classic Car Motor Oil SAE 20W-50 =
is for=20
      muscle, showroom, classic and trophy cars without catalytic =
converters. It=20
      can be used in racing applications. Not recommended for passenger =
car=20
      use.</FONT></P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><IMG=20
style=3D"POSITION: static; MARGIN: 0px; DISPLAY: inline-block; FLOAT: =
none"=20
border=3D0 src=3D"cid:001101ce5e54$77a6d890$85C33158@PaulaPC" =
width=3D406=20
height=3D525></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0013_01CE5E22.2D0FEB00--

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CE5E22.2D0FC3F0
	name="7D9A.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <001101ce5e54$77a6d890$85C33158@PaulaPC>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CE5E22.2D0FC3F0--

--===============1539483160==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1539483160==--