Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Steel wheel repair

From: Gary Lindstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 18:54:53 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0485057618==
 boundary="------------010307030306040006030000"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010307030306040006030000
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Roger,

Just before the Steamboat trip last weekend I scouted around for just 
such a service and came up empty handed.

My aligner (Val's) suggested BTI Wheels on 500 W., but it turns out they 
only do alloy wheels.

A long time ago I had steel wheels trued by Henderson on 300 W., but I 
have no idea if they still do this.

In any case, please let us know if you find a shop willing to take this on!

Thanks,
     --Gary

On 5/27/2013 5:18 PM, R J DAVIS wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience with a steel wheel repair company in the 
> SLC area.  I have a slightly bent steel wheel and would like to get it 
> "trued."

--------------010307030306040006030000
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    Roger,<br>
    <br>
    Just before the Steamboat trip last weekend I scouted around for
    just such a service and came up empty handed.<br>
    <br>
    My aligner (Val's) suggested BTI Wheels on 500 W., but it turns out
    they only do alloy wheels.<br>
    <br>
    A long time ago I had steel wheels trued by Henderson on 300 W., but
    I have no idea if they still do this.<br>
    <br>
    In any case, please let us know if you find a shop willing to take
    this on!<br>
    <br>
    Thanks,<br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; --Gary<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/27/2013 5:18 PM, R J DAVIS wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt;
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style>
      <div dir="ltr">Has anyone had any experience with a steel wheel
        repair company in the SLC area.&nbsp; I have a slightly bent steel
        wheel and would like to get it "trued."<br>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010307030306040006030000--

--===============0485057618==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0485057618==--

---

From: Jonathan Hermance <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 14:31:17 -0600 (MDT)

--===============1140444296==
	boundary="----=_Part_12202848_1540498050.1369773077477"

------=_Part_12202848_1540498050.1369773077477
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Roger,
On 300 West around 2800 South on the west side of the street is an alignmen=
t shop whose name, I think, begins with H. They have a sign on the front of=
 their building that is/was yellow. About twelve years ago I had an old boy=
 there straightened five Volvo wheels amazingly well for me. He used a subs=
tantial jig to which he clamped the wheels with all the necessary attachmen=
ts to check run-out in all directions and all the levers, clamps, dollies a=
nd hammers to straighten out any bends or dings that had not split the meta=
l. The old boy is gone, but the  tools were still there five or so years ag=
o when I took my BMW to them for a four wheel alignment that cost me $90 in=
stead of $180 charged by BMW Murray for the same people to do the same work=
. Soon after that having seen the equipment still there, I took my MG TD wh=
eels to them. They told me they were looking for somebody who knew how to u=
se the equipment but had no one at the time to do the work. I took my wheel=
s home, beat on them a little myself and haven't been back. The shop might =
now be worth a try. Sorry I can't pull out their name or recognize it in th=
e phone book.
=20
Jon

----- Original Message -----From: R J DAVIS <[email-masked]>To: bmcu@=
autox.team.netSent: Mon, 27 May 2013 17:18:07 -0600 (MDT)Subject: [Bmcu] St=
eel wheel repair

Has anyone had any experience with a steel wheel repair company in the SLC =
area.  I have a slightly bent steel wheel and would like to get it "trued."

Roger D

------=_Part_12202848_1540498050.1369773077477
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Roger,</div>
<div>On 300 West around 2800 South on the west side of the street is an ali=
gnment shop whose name, I think,&nbsp;begins with H. They have a&nbsp;sign =
on the front of&nbsp;their&nbsp;building that&nbsp;is/was yellow. About twe=
lve years ago I had an old boy there straightened&nbsp;five Volvo wheels am=
azingly well for me. He used&nbsp;a substantial&nbsp;jig to which he clampe=
d the wheels with all the necessary attachments to check run-out&nbsp;in al=
l directions&nbsp;and all the levers, clamps, dollies&nbsp;and hammers to s=
traighten out any bends or dings that had not&nbsp;split the metal. The old=
 boy&nbsp;is gone, but the&nbsp; tools were still there five or so years ag=
o when I took my BMW to them for a four wheel alignment that cost me $90 in=
stead of $180 charged by BMW Murray for the same people to do the same work=
. Soon after that&nbsp;having seen the equipment still there,&nbsp;I took m=
y MG TD wheels to them.&nbsp;They told me they were looking for somebody wh=
o knew how to use the equipment but had&nbsp;no one at the time to do the&n=
bsp;work. I took my wheels home, beat on them a little&nbsp;myself&nbsp;and=
 haven't been back. The shop&nbsp;might now be worth a try. Sorry I can't p=
ull out their name or&nbsp;recognize it in the phone book.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Jon</div>
<div></div>
<div>----- Original Message -----<br />From: R J DAVIS &lt;rogerdavis87@msn=
.com&gt;<br />To: [email-masked]<br />Sent: Mon, 27 May 2013 17:18:07 =
-0600 (MDT)<br />Subject: [Bmcu] Steel wheel repair</div>
<div></div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">Has anyone had any experience with a steel wheel repair co=
mpany in the SLC area.&nbsp; I have a slightly bent steel wheel and would l=
ike to get it "trued."<br />
<div></div>
Roger D</div>
<div></div>
------=_Part_12202848_1540498050.1369773077477--

--===============1140444296==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1140444296==--