Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Bought a Mini!

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 17:16:44 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1444909407==
 boundary="------------000009010400040400050305"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000009010400040400050305
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

For what it is worth, reading all the relevant code I came to the same 
conclusion that we do not need to carry proof of inspection.  But I'm 
not a lawyer, cop, or DMV minion...

Also here is a picture of the newly improved vintage plate. Notice how 
they've replaced the image of the funny looking motor-less carriage with 
a proper LBC.  ;)
<http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=13>

Mark

On 5/3/2013 4:21 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> She's wrong on the safety inspection...straight from the DMV website:  
> Clearly states exempted from Safety AND Emissions.
>
>
>     Vintage Vehicle
>
>   * <http://dmv.utah.gov/images/plates/vintagevehicle.jpg>
>
> Click image to enlarge
>
> Unique Vehicle Special Group
>
>
>       *About This Plate*
>
> This plate identifies a vehicle at least 30 years old, is primarily a 
> collector's item, and used for participation in club activities, 
> exhibitions, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar 
> uses, but is not used for general daily transportation. This plate may 
> be personalized with up to 5 alphanumeric characters by 
> submitting*Form TC-817 
> <http://tax.utah.gov/forms/current/tc-817.pdf>*with the required 
> personalization fee. A vintage vehicle, as defined in Utah 
> Code*41-21-1 
> <http://le.utah.gov/%7Ecode/TITLE41/htm/41_21_000100.htm>*, qualifies 
> for an exemption from safety and emission inspections
>
> In a message dated 5/3/2013 3:28:06 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, 
> [email-masked] writes:
>
>     Hi all -- I've enjoyed the recent 'back and forth' about vintage
>     plates.  Let me add my 'two shillings' worth since I just went
>     through this the other day.  The not-so-nice DMV lady (SL County)
>     insisted I understand that once you get vintage plates, you need
>     to have evidence of an annual safety inspection in the car along
>     with the registration to present in case you are pulled over. You
>     don't need a safety inspection to register for vintage plates but
>     if you do not have the evidence of a safety inspection and you are
>     driving the car anywhere but to a parade, show etc., the officer
>     can and will impound your car.  I went ahead with the vintage
>     plates anyway. And I was registering both my LBCs.  So there you
>     have it.  Oh, and if your car is between 31 and 39 years old, you
>     still have to pay the full registration renewal on the car.  40
>     years or older is only a $10 renewal.  The upside is no emission
>     test is required for cars over 30 years of age.
>
>     My personalized plates, by the way:
>
>     For my TR6:        QWIK6
>
>     For my TR250:    PDQTR
>
>     Brad
>
>     *From:[email-masked]
>     [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of [email-masked]
>     *Sent:* Friday, May 03, 2013 1:40 PM
>     *To:* [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>     *Cc:* [email-masked]
>     *Subject:* Re: [Bmcu] Bought a Mini!
>
>     DMV tells me Vintage plate holders are supposed to get an
>     inspection annually but you can get a vintage plate initially
>     without one which I did recently for a 59 Mercedes 220S.  I was
>     very happy about that as I am getting the necessary things done to
>     it so it will pass an inspection which requires driving to various
>     shops to get the work done.
>
>     Jim
>
>
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     [email-masked]
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>     Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]

--------------000009010400040400050305
 boundary="------------090006040008020005090804"

--------------090006040008020005090804
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">For what it is worth, reading all the
      relevant code I came to the same conclusion that we do not need to
      carry proof of inspection.&nbsp; But I'm not a lawyer, cop, or DMV
      minion...<br>
      <br>
      Also here is a picture of the newly improved vintage plate.&nbsp;
      Notice how they've replaced the image of the funny looking
      motor-less carriage with a proper LBC.&nbsp; ;)<br>
      <a href="http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=13"></a><br>
      <img src="cid:[email-masked]" alt=""><br>
      <br>
      Mark<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      On 5/3/2013 4:21 PM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]" type="cite">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 10.00.9200.16540">
      <font id="role_document" size="2" color="#000000" face="Arial">
        <div>She's wrong on the safety inspection...straight from the
          DMV website:&nbsp; Clearly states exempted from Safety AND
          Emissions.</div>
        <div>&nbsp;</div>
        <div>
          <h2 style="WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;
            WORD-SPACING: 0px; COLOR: rgb(0,102,51); PADDING-BOTTOM:
            0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; FONT: 1.4em/18px Arial, Helvetica,
            Arial, sans-serif; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px;
            LETTER-SPACING: normal; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
            BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
            -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
            0px">Vintage Vehicle</h2>
          <div class="dmv-platethumb" style="WHITE-SPACE: normal;
            TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; WORD-SPACING: 0px; FLOAT: right;
            COLOR: gray; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: center;
            PADDING-TOP: 0px; FONT: 0.9em/18px Verdana, Arial,
            Helvetica, sans-serif; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: -1.2em 0px
            5px 5px; LETTER-SPACING: normal; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; WIDTH:
            225px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
            -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
            0px">
            <div id="sigplus_9ab4776d1cc5121a21d6ac0460d035c8"
              class="sigplus-gallery sigplus-center"
              style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px;
              PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
              <ul style="LIST-STYLE-TYPE: disc; POSITION: relative
                !important; FLOAT: none !important; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px
                !important; TEXT-ALIGN: center !important; PADDING-TOP:
                0px !important; PADDING-LEFT: 0px !important; CLEAR:
                both !important; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 20px; DISPLAY:
                block !important; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px !important">
                <li style="BORDER-TOP: transparent 0px; BORDER-RIGHT:
                  transparent 0px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle !important;
                  BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; BACKGROUND-ATTACHMENT: scroll;
                  BORDER-BOTTOM: transparent 0px; BACKGROUND-POSITION:
                  0px 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px !important; TEXT-ALIGN:
                  center !important; PADDING-TOP: 0px !important;
                  PADDING-LEFT: 0px !important; MARGIN: 0px;
                  BORDER-LEFT: transparent 0px; DISPLAY: inline-block
                  !important; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px !important;
                  BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><a
                    moz-do-not-send="true" style="COLOR: rgb(0,102,51);
                    PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT:
                    0px; TEXT-DECORATION: none; MARGIN: 0px; DISPLAY:
                    inline-block; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; WIDTH: 225px"
                    href="http://dmv.utah.gov/images/plates/vintagevehicle.jpg"
rel="boxplus-sigplus_9ab4776d1cc5121a21d6ac0460d035c8"><img
                      moz-do-not-send="true"
                      id="sigplus_9ab4776d1cc5121a21d6ac0460d035c8_img0000"
                      style="BOX-SIZING: border-box !important;
                      MAX-WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-TOP: transparent 0px;
                      HEIGHT: auto !important; BORDER-RIGHT: transparent
                      0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: transparent 0px;
                      PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px !important; PADDING-TOP: 0px
                      !important; PADDING-LEFT: 0px !important; MARGIN:
                      2px; BORDER-LEFT: transparent 0px; PADDING-RIGHT:
                      0px !important" alt=""
                      src="http://dmv.utah.gov/images/plates/preview/vintagevehicle.jpg"
                      width="220" height="109"></a></li>
              </ul>
            </div>
            Click image to enlarge</div>
          <p style="WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;
            WORD-SPACING: 0px; COLOR: rgb(60,60,60); PADDING-BOTTOM:
            5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px; FONT: 13px/18px Arial, Helvetica,
            Arial, sans-serif; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px;
            LETTER-SPACING: normal; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
            BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
            -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
            0px"><cite style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px;
              PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">Unique
              Vehicle Special Group</cite></p>
          <h3 style="WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;
            WORD-SPACING: 0px; COLOR: rgb(60,60,60); PADDING-BOTTOM:
            0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; FONT: 1.2em/18px Arial, Helvetica,
            Arial, sans-serif; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px;
            LETTER-SPACING: normal; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
            BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
            -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
            0px">&nbsp;</h3>
          <h3 style="WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;
            WORD-SPACING: 0px; COLOR: rgb(60,60,60); PADDING-BOTTOM:
            0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; FONT: 1.2em/18px Arial, Helvetica,
            Arial, sans-serif; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px;
            LETTER-SPACING: normal; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
            BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
            -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
            0px"><strong style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px;
              PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">About
              This Plate</strong></h3>
          <p style="WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;
            WORD-SPACING: 0px; COLOR: rgb(60,60,60); PADDING-BOTTOM:
            5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px; FONT: 13px/18px Arial, Helvetica,
            Arial, sans-serif; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px;
            LETTER-SPACING: normal; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
            BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
            -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
            0px">This plate identifies a vehicle at least 30 years old,
            is primarily a collector's item, and used for participation
            in club activities, exhibitions, tours, parades, occasional
            transportation and similar uses, but is not used for general
            daily transportation. This plate may be personalized with up
            to 5 alphanumeric characters by submitting<span
              class="Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><strong
              style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px;
              PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px"><a
                moz-do-not-send="true" style="COLOR: rgb(0,102,51);
                PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT:
                0px; TEXT-DECORATION: none; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT:
                0px" href="http://tax.utah.gov/forms/current/tc-817.pdf">Form
                TC-817</a></strong><span class="Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>with
            the required personalization fee. A vintage vehicle, as
            defined in Utah Code<span class="Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><strong
              style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px;
              PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px"><a
                moz-do-not-send="true" style="COLOR: rgb(0,102,51);
                PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT:
                0px; TEXT-DECORATION: none; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT:
                0px"
                href="http://le.utah.gov/%7Ecode/TITLE41/htm/41_21_000100.htm">41-21-1</a></strong>,
            qualifies for an exemption from safety and
            emission&nbsp;inspections</p>
        </div>
        <div>&nbsp;</div>
        <div>
          <div>In a message dated 5/3/2013 3:28:06 P.M. Mountain
            Daylight Time, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> writes:</div>
          <blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
            BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:
              transparent" size="2" color="#000000" face="Arial">
              <div class="WordSection1">
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;
                    FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d">Hi
                    all &#8211; I&#8217;ve enjoyed the recent &#8216;back and forth&#8217; about
                    vintage plates.&nbsp; Let me add my &#8216;two shillings&#8217; worth
                    since I just went through this the other day.&nbsp; The
                    not-so-nice DMV lady (SL County) insisted I
                    understand that once you get vintage plates, you
                    need to have evidence of an annual safety inspection
                    in the car along with the registration to present in
                    case you are pulled over. You don&#8217;t need a safety
                    inspection to register for vintage plates but if you
                    do not have the evidence of a safety inspection and
                    you are driving the car anywhere but to a parade,
                    show etc., the officer can and will impound your
                    car.&nbsp; I went ahead with the vintage plates anyway.&nbsp;
                    And I was registering both my LBCs. &nbsp;So there you
                    have it.&nbsp; Oh, and if your car is between 31 and 39
                    years old, you still have to pay the full
                    registration renewal on the car.&nbsp; 40 years or older
                    is only a $10 renewal.&nbsp; The upside is no emission
                    test is required for cars over 30 years of age.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;
                    FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;
                    FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d">My
                    personalized plates, by the way:<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;
                    FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d">For
                    my TR6:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; QWIK6<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;
                    FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d">For
                    my TR250:&nbsp; &nbsp; PDQTR<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;
                    FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;
                    FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d">Brad
                    <o:p></o:p></span></p>
                <div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt;
                      FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR:
                      #7f7f7f"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
                </div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;
                    FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>
                <div>
                  <div style="BORDER-TOP: #b5c4df 1pt solid;
                    BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium
                    none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 3pt;
                    PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: medium none;
                    PADDING-RIGHT: 0in">
                    <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="FONT-SIZE:
                          10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Tahoma','sans-serif'">From:</span></b><span
                        style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:
                        'Tahoma','sans-serif'">
                        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
                        [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b>On
                          Behalf Of </b><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
                        <b>Sent:</b> Friday, May 03, 2013 1:40 PM<br>
                        <b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>;
                        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
                        <b>Cc:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
                        <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Bmcu] Bought a Mini!<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
                <div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
                      FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; COLOR: black">DMV
                      tells me Vintage plate holders are supposed to get
                      an inspection annually but you can get a
                      vintage&nbsp;plate initially without one which I did
                      recently for a 59 Mercedes 220S.&nbsp; I&nbsp;was very happy
                      about that as I am getting the necessary things
                      done to it so it will pass an inspection&nbsp;which
                      requires driving to various shops to get the work
                      done.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
                      FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; COLOR: black">Jim<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                </div>
              </div>
              <br>
              <br>
              _______________________________________________<br>
              <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
              Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
              Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
              Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
              Unsubscribe/Manage:
              <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]</a><br>
            </font></blockquote>
        </div>
      </font>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------090006040008020005090804
 name="hebhajgd.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="hebhajgd.jpg"

--------------090006040008020005090804--

--------------000009010400040400050305--

--===============1444909407==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1444909407==--

---

From: Bruce Oblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 13:18:30 -0600

--===============0712032830==

--047d7bd756de18a53504dbfd731b

--047d7bd756de18a53304dbfd731a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Mark,
That is a great improvement to the plate you had at the Festival of Speed
in North Salt Lake last year.  Really cool.  How did you do it?  Did you
modify it yourself or did you order it with a Europa silhouette?
Bruce O.

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 5:16 PM, [email-masked] <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> conclusion that we do not need to carry proof of inspection.  But I'm not=
 a
> lawyer, cop, or DMV minion...
>
> they've replaced the image of the funny looking motor-less carriage with =
a
> proper LBC.  ;)
>  <http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=3D13>
>
>
> Mark
>
>
>
>    - <http://dmv.utah.gov/images/plates/vintagevehicle.jpg>
>
>  Click image to enlarge
>
> exhibitions, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses,
> but is not used for general daily transportation. This plate may be
> personalized with up to 5 alphanumeric characters by submitting *Form
> TC-817 <http://tax.utah.gov/forms/current/tc-817.pdf>* with the required
> personalization fee. A vintage vehicle, as defined in Utah Code *41-21-1<=
http://le.utah.gov/%7Ecode/TITLE41/htm/41_21_000100.htm>
> *, qualifies for an exemption from safety and emission inspections
>
>  Hi all =96 I=92ve enjoyed the recent =91back and forth=92 about vintage =
plates.
> Let me add my =91two shillings=92 worth since I just went through this th=
e
> other day.  The not-so-nice DMV lady (SL County) insisted I understand th=
at
> once you get vintage plates, you need to have evidence of an annual safet=
y
> inspection in the car along with the registration to present in case you
> are pulled over. You don=92t need a safety inspection to register for vin=
tage
> plates but if you do not have the evidence of a safety inspection and you
> are driving the car anywhere but to a parade, show etc., the officer can
> and will impound your car.  I went ahead with the vintage plates anyway.
> And I was registering both my LBCs.  So there you have it.  Oh, and if yo=
ur
> car is between 31 and 39 years old, you still have to pay the full
> registration renewal on the car.  40 years or older is only a $10 renewal=
.
> The upside is no emission test is required for cars over 30 years of age.=
*
> ***
>
> ** **
>
> My personalized plates, by the way:****
>
> For my TR6:        QWIK6****
>
> For my TR250:    PDQTR****
>
> ** **
>
> Brad ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]<b=
[email-masked]>]
> *On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> *Subject:* Re: [Bmcu] Bought a Mini!****
>
> ** **
>
> DMV tells me Vintage plate holders are supposed to get an inspection
> annually but you can get a vintage plate initially without one which I di=
d
> recently for a 59 Mercedes 220S.  I was very happy about that as I am
> getting the necessary things done to it so it will pass an inspection whi=
ch
> requires driving to various shops to get the work done.****
>
> Jim****
>
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/marcus@uta=
hgeology.org
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/[email-masked]
>
>

--047d7bd756de18a53304dbfd731a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Mark,<div style>That is a great improvement to the plate y=
ou had at the Festival of Speed in North Salt Lake last year. =A0Really coo=
l. =A0How did you do it? =A0Did you modify it yourself or did you order it =
with a Europa silhouette?</div>
<div style>Bruce O.</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><br><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 5:16 PM, <a href=3D"mailto:marcus@=
utahgeology.org">[email-masked]</a> <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div text=3D"#000000" bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF">
    <div>For what it is worth, reading all the
      relevant code I came to the same conclusion that we do not need to
      carry proof of inspection.=A0 But I&#39;m not a lawyer, cop, or DMV
      minion...<br>
      <br>
      Also here is a picture of the newly improved vintage plate.=A0
      Notice how they&#39;ve replaced the image of the funny looking
      motor-less carriage with a proper LBC.=A0 ;)<br>
      <a href=3D"http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=3D13" target=3D"_blank"><=
/a><br>
      <img src=3D"cid:[email-masked]" alt=3D""><br=
      <br>
      Mark<div><div class=3D"h5"><br>
      <br>
      <br>
      On 5/3/2013 4:21 PM, <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"=
_blank">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div></div></div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite"><div><div class=3D"h5">
     =20
     =20
      <font color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">
        <div>She&#39;s wrong on the safety inspection...straight from the
          DMV website:=A0 Clearly states exempted from Safety AND
          Emissions.</div>
        <div>=A0</div>
        <div>
          <h2 style=3D"padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;t=
ext-indent:0px;letter-spacing:normal;font:1.4em/18px Arial,Helvetica,Arial,=
sans-serif;padding-bottom:0px;color:rgb(0,102,51);text-transform:none;white=
-space:normal;margin:0px;word-spacing:0px">
Vintage Vehicle</h2>
          <div style=3D"padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;=
text-indent:0px;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:center;font:0.9em/18px Ver=
dana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;width:225px;float:right;padding-bottom:0px;=
color:gray;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px">

            <div style=3D"PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;PADDING-LEFT:0=
px;MARGIN:0px;PADDING-RIGHT:0px">
              <ul style=3D"LIST-STYLE-TYPE:disc;FLOAT:none!important;PADDIN=
G-BOTTOM:0px!important;TEXT-ALIGN:center!important;PADDING-TOP:0px!importan=
t;PADDING-LEFT:0px!important;CLEAR:both!important;MARGIN:0px 0px 0px 20px;D=
ISPLAY:block!important;PADDING-RIGHT:0px!important">

                <li style=3D"BORDER-TOP:transparent 0px;BORDER-RIGHT:transp=
arent 0px;VERTICAL-ALIGN:middle!important;BACKGROUND-IMAGE:none;BORDER-BOTT=
OM:transparent 0px;PADDING-BOTTOM:0px!important;TEXT-ALIGN:center!important=
;PADDING-TOP:0px!important;PADDING-LEFT:0px!important;MARGIN:0px;BORDER-LEF=
T:transparent 0px;DISPLAY:inline-block!important;PADDING-RIGHT:0px!importan=
t;BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent">
<a style=3D"COLOR:rgb(0,102,51);PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;PADDING-=
LEFT:0px;TEXT-DECORATION:none;MARGIN:0px;DISPLAY:inline-block;PADDING-RIGHT=
:0px;WIDTH:225px" href=3D"http://dmv.utah.gov/images/plates/vintagevehicle.=
jpg" rel=3D"boxplus-sigplus_9ab4776d1cc5121a21d6ac0460d035c8" target=3D"_bl=
ank"><img style=3D"MAX-WIDTH:100%;BORDER-TOP:transparent 0px;min-height:aut=
o!important;BORDER-RIGHT:transparent 0px;BORDER-BOTTOM:transparent 0px;PADD=
ING-BOTTOM:0px!important;PADDING-TOP:0px!important;PADDING-LEFT:0px!importa=
nt;MARGIN:2px;BORDER-LEFT:transparent 0px;PADDING-RIGHT:0px!important" alt=
=3D"" width=3D"220" height=3D"109"></a></li>

              </ul>
            </div>
            Click image to enlarge</div>
          <p style=3D"padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:5px;te=
xt-indent:0px;letter-spacing:normal;font:13px/18px Arial,Helvetica,Arial,sa=
ns-serif;padding-bottom:5px;color:rgb(60,60,60);text-transform:none;white-s=
pace:normal;margin:0px;word-spacing:0px">
<cite style=3D"PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;PADDING-LEFT:0px;MARGIN:0=
px;PADDING-RIGHT:0px">Unique
              Vehicle Special Group</cite></p>
          <h3 style=3D"padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;t=
ext-indent:0px;letter-spacing:normal;font:1.2em/18px Arial,Helvetica,Arial,=
sans-serif;padding-bottom:0px;color:rgb(60,60,60);text-transform:none;white=
-space:normal;margin:0px;word-spacing:0px">
=A0</h3>
          <h3 style=3D"padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;t=
ext-indent:0px;letter-spacing:normal;font:1.2em/18px Arial,Helvetica,Arial,=
sans-serif;padding-bottom:0px;color:rgb(60,60,60);text-transform:none;white=
-space:normal;margin:0px;word-spacing:0px">
<strong style=3D"PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;PADDING-LEFT:0px;MARGIN=
:0px;PADDING-RIGHT:0px">About
              This Plate</strong></h3>
          <p style=3D"padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:5px;te=
xt-indent:0px;letter-spacing:normal;font:13px/18px Arial,Helvetica,Arial,sa=
ns-serif;padding-bottom:5px;color:rgb(60,60,60);text-transform:none;white-s=
pace:normal;margin:0px;word-spacing:0px">
This plate identifies a vehicle at least 30 years old,
            is primarily a collector&#39;s item, and used for participation
            in club activities, exhibitions, tours, parades, occasional
            transportation and similar uses, but is not used for general
            daily transportation. This plate may be personalized with up
            to 5 alphanumeric characters by submitting<span>=A0</span><stro=
ng style=3D"PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;PADDING-LEFT:0px;MARGIN:0px;=
PADDING-RIGHT:0px"><a style=3D"COLOR:rgb(0,102,51);PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDI=
NG-TOP:0px;PADDING-LEFT:0px;TEXT-DECORATION:none;MARGIN:0px;PADDING-RIGHT:0=
px" href=3D"http://tax.utah.gov/forms/current/tc-817.pdf" target=3D"_blank"=
>Form
                TC-817</a></strong><span>=A0</span>with
            the required personalization fee. A vintage vehicle, as
            defined in Utah Code<span>=A0</span><strong style=3D"PADDING-BO=
TTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;PADDING-LEFT:0px;MARGIN:0px;PADDING-RIGHT:0px"><a =
style=3D"COLOR:rgb(0,102,51);PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;PADDING-LEF=
T:0px;TEXT-DECORATION:none;MARGIN:0px;PADDING-RIGHT:0px" href=3D"http://le.=
utah.gov/%7Ecode/TITLE41/htm/41_21_000100.htm" target=3D"_blank">41-21-1</a=
></strong>,
            qualifies for an exemption from safety and
            emission=A0inspections</p>
        </div>
        <div>=A0</div>
        <div>
          <div>In a message dated 5/3/2013 3:28:06 P.M. Mountain
            Daylight Time, <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=
=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> writes:</div>
          <blockquote style=3D"PADDING-LEFT:5px;MARGIN-LEFT:5px;BORDER-LEFT=
:blue 2px solid"><font style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent" color=3D"#000=
000" face=3D"Arial">
              <div>
                <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"FONT-SIZE:11pt;FONT-F=
AMILY:&#39;Calibri&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;;COLOR:#1f497d">Hi
                    all =96 I=92ve enjoyed the recent =91back and forth=92 =
about
                    vintage plates.=A0 Let me add my =91two shillings=92 wo=
rth
                    since I just went through this the other day.=A0 The
                    not-so-nice DMV lady (SL County) insisted I
                    understand that once you get vintage plates, you
                    need to have evidence of an annual safety inspection
                    in the car along with the registration to present in
                    case you are pulled over. You don=92t need a safety
                    inspection to register for vintage plates but if you
                    do not have the evidence of a safety inspection and
                    you are driving the car anywhere but to a parade,
                    show etc., the officer can and will impound your
                    car.=A0 I went ahead with the vintage plates anyway.=A0
                    And I was registering both my LBCs. =A0So there you
                    have it.=A0 Oh, and if your car is between 31 and 39
                    years old, you still have to pay the full
                    registration renewal on the car.=A0 40 years or older
                    is only a $10 renewal.=A0 The upside is no emission
                    test is required for cars over 30 years of age.<u></u><=
u></u></span></p>
                <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"FONT-SIZE:11pt;FONT-F=
AMILY:&#39;Calibri&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;;COLOR:#1f497d"><u></u>=A0<u></=
u></span></p>
                <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"FONT-SIZE:11pt;FONT-F=
AMILY:&#39;Calibri&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;;COLOR:#1f497d">My
                    personalized plates, by the way:<u></u><u></u></span></=
p>
                <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"FONT-SIZE:11pt;FONT-F=
AMILY:&#39;Calibri&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;;COLOR:#1f497d">For
                    my TR6:=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 QWIK6<u></u><u></u></span>=
</p>
                <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"FONT-SIZE:11pt;FONT-F=
AMILY:&#39;Calibri&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;;COLOR:#1f497d">For
                    my TR250:=A0 =A0 PDQTR<u></u><u></u></span></p>
                <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"FONT-SIZE:11pt;FONT-F=
AMILY:&#39;Calibri&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;;COLOR:#1f497d"><u></u>=A0<u></=
u></span></p>
                <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"FONT-SIZE:11pt;FONT-F=
AMILY:&#39;Calibri&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;;COLOR:#1f497d">Brad
                    <u></u><u></u></span></p>
                <div>
                  <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"FONT-SIZE:9pt;FONT-=
FAMILY:&#39;Calibri&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;;COLOR:#7f7f7f"><u></u>=A0<u><=
/u></span></p>
                </div>
                <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"FONT-SIZE:11pt;FONT-F=
AMILY:&#39;Calibri&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;;COLOR:#1f497d"><u></u>=A0<u></=
u></span></p>
                <div>
                  <div style=3D"BORDER-TOP:#b5c4df 1pt solid;BORDER-RIGHT:m=
edium none;BORDER-BOTTOM:medium none;PADDING-BOTTOM:0in;PADDING-TOP:3pt;PAD=
DING-LEFT:0in;BORDER-LEFT:medium none;PADDING-RIGHT:0in">
                    <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><b><span style=3D"FONT-SIZE:10pt=
;FONT-FAMILY:&#39;Tahoma&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;">From:</span></b><span s=
tyle=3D"FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:&#39;Tahoma&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;">
                        <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" targ=
et=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>
                        [<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" tar=
get=3D"_blank">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b>On
                          Behalf Of </b><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=
 target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>
                        <b>Sent:</b> Friday, May 03, 2013 1:40 PM<br>
                        <b>To:</b> <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" tar=
get=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>;
                        <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_=
blank">[email-masked]</a><br>
                        <b>Cc:</b> <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" t=
arget=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>
                        <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Bmcu] Bought a Mini!<u></u><u>=
</u></span></p>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=A0<u></u></p>
                <div>
                  <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font=
-family:&#39;Arial&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;">DMV
                      tells me Vintage plate holders are supposed to get
                      an inspection annually but you can get a
                      vintage=A0plate initially without one which I did
                      recently for a 59 Mercedes 220S.=A0 I=A0was very happ=
y
                      about that as I am getting the necessary things
                      done to it so it will pass an inspection=A0which
                      requires driving to various shops to get the work
                      done.<u></u><u></u></span></p>
                </div>
                <div>
                  <p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font=
-family:&#39;Arial&#39;,&#39;sans-serif&#39;">Jim<u></u><u></u></span></p>
                </div>
              </div>
              <br>
              <br>
              _______________________________________________<br>
              <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Bmcu=
@autox.team.net</a><br>
              Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
              Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_b=
lank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
              Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_bla=
nk">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
              Unsubscribe/Manage:
              <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/rgood36=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/r=
[email-masked]</a><br>
            </font></blockquote>
        </div>
      </font>
      <br>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <br>
      </div></div><pre><div><div class=3D"h5">_____________________________=
__________________
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
t</a>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a></div></div>
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/opti=
ons/bmcu/[email-masked]</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

<br>_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/optio=
ns/bmcu/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--047d7bd756de18a53304dbfd731a--
--047d7bd756de18a53504dbfd731b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--047d7bd756de18a53504dbfd731b--

--===============0712032830==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0712032830==--