Subject: Re: [Bmcu] knocking

From: "Don Sherwood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:31:50 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0940658681==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_024B_01CE44CD.24C75230"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_024B_01CE44CD.24C75230
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Richard, you hit the nail on the head.  I dropped the oil pan this weekend
to see if I could identify what was going on, and I only got a quart of oil
out of it.  Put it back together and topped it up, and the knock  became
dramatically quieter, but not gone, so the damage is done.  Talked to Mike
Bailey, but he's 4-6 weeks out before he can look at it, so I took it to
Benji's, who suspects it's a bearing on the crank shaft.

I knew I'd been leaking oil, so it's my fault for not watching the level
more closely.  I'm learning an expensive lesson.

From: Richard Reeder [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: knocking

Don how is your oil preswsure and ammount of oil when you hear knocking?

It sounds like you are low on oil in the crank case.

------=_NextPart_000_024B_01CE44CD.24C75230
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Richard, you hit the nail on the head.&nbsp; I dropped the oil pan =
this weekend to see if I could identify what was going on, and I only =
got a quart of oil out of it.&nbsp; Put it back together and topped it =
up, and the knock&nbsp; became dramatically quieter, but not gone, so =
the damage is done.&nbsp; Talked to Mike Bailey, but he&#8217;s 4-6 =
weeks out before he can look at it, so I took it to Benji&#8217;s, who =
suspects it&#8217;s a bearing on the crank =
shaft.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>I knew I&#8217;d been leaking oil, so it&#8217;s my fault for not =
watching the level more closely.&nbsp; I&#8217;m learning an expensive =
lesson.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Richard Reeder [mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, =
April 27, 2013 9:39 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> =
knocking<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span style=3D'color:black'>Don how is your =
oil preswsure and ammount of oil when you hear =
knocking?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span style=3D'color:black'>It sounds like =
you are low on oil in the crank =
case.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_024B_01CE44CD.24C75230--

--===============0940658681==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0940658681==--