Subject: [Bmcu] thinking of Series Land Rover...

From: Jay Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:44:03 -0700

--===============0865328764==
	boundary="_00c75a89-527d-4f27-86b5-2b3cf162df19_"

--_00c75a89-527d-4f27-86b5-2b3cf162df19_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

OK=2C here it is...could anyone with experience owning a Series Land Rover =
share their thoughts/ideas with me regarding extra costs/maintenance involv=
ed in owning one?  I'm looking at a 1961...it has some issues...I'm wonderi=
ng about costs to fix a few things.  Rob in Pine Brook--are you out there?
The second trip down there I took 230 photos on my digital camera to try to=
 suss out any issues...and I've got some concerns.  Although few concerns a=
bout rust...more transmission and mechanical.
Please--no ridiculous comments or dissing my mother (remember=2C I also own=
 an MG).

Jay Williams
Biology=2C Anatomy and Physiology=2C and Environmental Science Teacher=20
Oakley School=20
www.oakley-school.com=20
work: (435)-783-5001 ext 145=20
cell: (435)-640-0630
Oakley=2C UT (just east of Park City) 		 	   		  =

--_00c75a89-527d-4f27-86b5-2b3cf162df19_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style></head>
<body class=3D'hmmessage'><div dir=3D'ltr'>
OK=2C here it is...could anyone with experience owning a Series Land Rover =
share their thoughts/ideas with me regarding extra costs/maintenance involv=
ed in owning one? &nbsp=3BI'm looking at a 1961...it has some issues...I'm =
wondering about costs to fix a few things. &nbsp=3BRob in Pine Brook--are y=
ou out there?<div><br></div><div>The second trip down there I took 230 phot=
os on my digital camera to try to suss out any issues...and I've got some c=
oncerns. &nbsp=3BAlthough few concerns about rust...more transmission and m=
echanical.</div><div><br></div><div>Please--no ridiculous comments or dissi=
ng my mother (remember=2C I also own an MG).<br><br></div><div>Jay Williams=
<br>Biology=2C Anatomy and Physiology=2C&nbsp=3Band Environmental Science T=
eacher <br>Oakley School <br>www.oakley-school.com <br>work: (435)-783-5001=
 ext 145 <br>cell: (435)-640-0630<br>Oakley=2C UT (just east of Park City)<=
/div> 		 	   		  </div></body>
</html>=

--_00c75a89-527d-4f27-86b5-2b3cf162df19_--

--===============0865328764==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0865328764==--

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 22:52:54 -0700

Saw a nice old Series 1 Rover in the grocery store parking lot the other
day.  Almost made me want one of my own.

mjb.