Subject: [Alpines] Longtime lurker considering de-Alpining

From: Jerry Michalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 22:33:54 -0800

Hello, dear list members, and Happy New Year!

It has been a treat to follow your troubleshooting advice over the years,
plus the other odds and ends that traverse this list. I'm in awe not only
of your technical and historical skills, but of your ability to describe
what to fix so perfectly, all with words.

I think the last time I perked up here was years ago to ask about switching
my 1962 Series II Alpine to electric drive, which you easily talked me out
of. In fact, Bob Vilches (now retired) in SF did such a great job with the
subsequent head gasket and valve repair that the car ran better than ever.

A year and a half ago, I garaged the car -- I named her Fiona -- and am
beginning to realize that I may not be taking her for a ride for a long
time. She should be with someone who can enjoy her. Here's a video of Fiona
driving by: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FD8NUwPD1c

I haven't turned Fiona over in a year. The last time I did, the engine
worked great but the brake pedal went to the floorboards, so I knew I'd
have to return with a mechanic (I'm an enthusiast, not a great mechanic).
Up to that time, Fiona was a trusty ride, running remarkably well. Assuming
parts haven't seized up from disuse, she'd be fit for driving shortly.

She's white, with a working black aluminum hardtop and a non-working rag
top, knock-offs and a 1735cc engine with electric overdrive. Her body isn't
near show condition, but she does look great and I had the interior
reupholstered.

I would love to know what a fair price would be, and the best place to
offer her.

Cheers,
Jerry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive