Subject: [Alpines] rear axle question

From: "Bill Mounce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 09:27:59 -0500

Hello all,

I just read the article in this month's Rootes Review about adding and O/D
unit, and they listed two different rear axle ratios, and the resultant
speeds v. revs.  I always had these questions: how do I know which rear end
I have, and why were there two different ones?  At one point I thought one
went with the O/D trans, the other with non O/D, but that made little sense.
Can anyone 'splain'?

Thanks, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all, 

Bill Mounce

1967 SV
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 05:46:10 -0500 (EST)

Lauri,
 
If you have gears jumping into neutral, I think it is more likely to be  
worn synchromesh rings.
 
Julian