Subject: [Alpines] the 'which Sunbeam is it?' photo

From: "rande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 07:47:10 -0400

snip ... So what is the fascination with this particular photo?  Do you know
the folks?
Or are you really after that classic Sears Lawn Master mower?  :) ...'

No, but you're close. It's those classic folding lawn chairs. Got any idea what
those go for in a retro store today?

That's the B answer. The A answer is that which model car this was has bugged
me for years, more so after I saw Dana Freeman's Tiger back again in 1988 and
after I bought my own car the next year. And, each time I would try to find
out more, something else would come up and I would have to drop the search.
This weekend, I unearthed the NY Times photo and tried again.

If Norm is correct, the car is a Tiger Mk II more recently housed in Castro
Valley, west of the Livermore location from the original photo. In the Book
of Norman, the color as of Jan. 1977
is listed as blue (The license plate number in the photo matches the entry in
the BON). If it hasn't changed color, my best guess is Mediterranean Blue, based
on the light color in the photo. And the owners were still members of STOA as
of 2000, the latest roster that I have shows.

This has turned into the Rootes version of History Detectives. Thanks to all
so far who've helped me.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $17.25
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/alpines/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 06:55:35 -0400 (EDT)

Not only that, but do you know what families and parents like that go for
these days!!   :)

Very interesting history.  Keep us posted when you find out more.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: rande <[email-masked]>
To: tigers <[email-masked]>
Cc: alpines <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, May 30, 2012 6:47 am
Subject: [Alpines] the 'which Sunbeam is it?' photo

No, but you're close. It's those classic folding lawn chairs. Got any idea
what
those go for in a retro store today?

the BON). If it hasn't changed color, my best guess is Mediterranean Blue,
based

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/alpines/[email-masked]

---

From: "Bert Palte" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 22:20:33 +0200

Yes, garages form even today a nice background for pictures or video clips.
Google 'youtube call me maybe' for a contemporary video clip involving not a Tiger but a (I assume) Ford Mustang Mk1.

Bert

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 31 May 2012 06:55:35 -0400 (EDT)
> Von: [email-masked]
> An: [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
> Betreff: Re: [Alpines] the \'which Sunbeam is it?\' photo

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/alpines/[email-masked]
> 

-- 
NEU: FreePhone 3-fach-Flat mit kostenlosem Smartphone!                                  
Jetzt informieren: http://mobile.1und1.de/?ac=OM.PW.PW003K20328T7073a
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $17.25
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/alpines/[email-masked]