Subject: Re: [Alpines] Window lift

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 02:13:57 -0400 (EDT)

Lauri,
 
The window channels are different sizes between series, ithink pre SII and  
SIII on. You may have used parts from different series, e.g with rollers 
too  large for the channel. Is that possible. If not, it may be the side 
channels  need moving in a little to avoid catching. Also try a little silcon 
grease on  the side channels, and plenty of regular grease in the bottom 
channel under the  glass.
 
Julian.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $17.25
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/alpines/[email-masked]

---

From: "Lauri Lehtinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 23:42:43 +0300

Hi Julian (and folks),

yes, I mixed S4 and S5 mechanisms. Rollers in S5 were so big there was no
hope to get them into S4 rails. So I had to take working gear system from S5
and rivet them into my old parts. Ron Tebo just answered me and told that
window supporting rails must be adjusted front and rear. I adjusted rear,
and only the top end, and am quite sure it will operate correctly when it is
lined with the window route  front, rear and up and down. It works well
when supported by hand, but steel is not as flexible as flesh.

Thank you all, it might be able to find this info also from workshop manual,
but at midnight time I was toooo tired.

#arry

Ldhettdjd: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Ldhetetty: 5. toukokuuta 2012 9:14
Vastaanottaja: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Aihe: Re: [Alpines] Window lift

Lauri,

The window channels are different sizes between series, ithink pre SII and
SIII on. You may have used parts from different series, e.g with rollers too
large for the channel. Is that possible. If not, it may be the side channels
need moving in a little to avoid catching. Also try a little silcon grease
on the side channels, and plenty of regular grease in the bottom channel
under the glass.

Julian.