Subject: [6pack] Re-installing Front Suspension Springs

From: Rochlin Robert <[email-masked]> boundary="Apple-Mail=_81ACE143-AD9E-46D1-BEC1-86594A7CA105"
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 17:35:58 -0400

--Apple-Mail=_81ACE143-AD9E-46D1-BEC1-86594A7CA105
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

	I=E2=80=99m in the last stages of reassembling the front =
suspension after replacing all the bushings.  I originally did the job =
about 6 years ago and can=E2=80=99t remember how I reinstalled the =
springs, but I don=E2=80=99t recall it being particularly difficult.  =
This time through, I just can=E2=80=99t get the springs back in.  I got =
a spring compressor loaner from AutoZone and was able to install one =
spring, but when I went to remove the spring compressor through the =
bottom of the spring pan it was about 1/8 of an inch too wide to remove, =
so back to the drawingboard...  I=E2=80=99ve looked at Bentley and Hayes =
manuals, but their method of putting the spring back is put the spring =
pan and jack it up into position  doesn=E2=80=99t come close to lining =
the spring pan to the lower wishbone holes. Any advice appreciated.
	Below are the bushings I removed.  They about 6 to 7 years old =
with about 20,000 miles and, as you can see, they are toast. The swing =
arm bushings were worse. I bought them on a recommendation from a TR guy =
from an outfit in the UK called Polybush.
	Best,
	Bob

--Apple-Mail=_81ACE143-AD9E-46D1-BEC1-86594A7CA105
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename="TR6 Bushings.jpeg"
	name="TR6 Bushings.jpeg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail=_81ACE143-AD9E-46D1-BEC1-86594A7CA105
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
	charset=us-ascii

--Apple-Mail=_81ACE143-AD9E-46D1-BEC1-86594A7CA105
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename="TR6 Bushings 2.jpeg"
	name="TR6 Bushings 2.jpeg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail=_81ACE143-AD9E-46D1-BEC1-86594A7CA105
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
	charset=us-ascii

--Apple-Mail=_81ACE143-AD9E-46D1-BEC1-86594A7CA105
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--Apple-Mail=_81ACE143-AD9E-46D1-BEC1-86594A7CA105--