Subject: Re: [6pack] 6pack Digest, Vol 91, Issue 2

From: TOM MARTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 10:59:57 -0700 (MST)

--===============0014146790817572449==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-92B8C2A7-7071-4B0C-B690-65277D3757B0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-92B8C2A7-7071-4B0C-B690-65277D3757B0
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-92B8C2A7-7071-4B0C-B690-65277D3757B0
	boundary=Apple-Mail-BE24F6AA-38EC-4EC3-BFF6-C48DB668E59F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-BE24F6AA-38EC-4EC3-BFF6-C48DB668E59F
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-BE24F6AA-38EC-4EC3-BFF6-C48DB668E59F
	name=ValveStem.jpg;
	x-apple-part-url=288F32DF-6C69-4CEE-9E3A-DC8F4372665E
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=ValveStem.jpg
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-BE24F6AA-38EC-4EC3-BFF6-C48DB668E59F
	name=mime-attachment;
	x-apple-part-url=1E07CFDA-5D15-439E-B62F-2FDBD1C466C6
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename=mime-attachment
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 21:06:01 -0600
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
References: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [6pack] Tire valve stems - TR6 original wheels
	boundary="----=_Part_2570339_1951009583.1667793541382"
Message: 1

------=_Part_2570339_1951009583.1667793541382
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I've just switched from wire wheels to original TR6 wheels, although 
with aftermarket chrome trim rings. But the wheels are fitted with 
standard tire valve stems - and they don't protrude beyond the cutout in 
the trim rings. So it's almost impossible to fill the tire or use a 
pressure gauge. (worth-1000-words photo attached)

I'm assuming there are longer tire valve stems available? I'm looking at 
replacing the tires, so it's a particularly convenient time to get this 
right. I've also seen valve stem "extenders" (one of my spare wheels had 
one of these fitted) - but this does not look like a decent alternative. 
Suggestions?

Thanks!
  Lee
------=_Part_2570339_1951009583.1667793541382
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><title></title></head><body>I&#039;ve just switched from wire wheels to original TR6 wheels, although <br />with aftermarket chrome trim rings. But the wheels are fitted with <br />standard tire valve stems - and they don&#039;t protrude beyond the cutout in <br />the trim rings. So it&#039;s almost impossible to fill the tire or use a <br />pressure gauge. (worth-1000-words photo attached)<br /><br />I&#039;m assuming there are longer tire valve stems available? I&#039;m looking at <br />replacing the tires, so it&#039;s a particularly convenient time to get this <br />right. I&#039;ve also seen valve stem &quot;extenders&quot; (one of my spare wheels had <br />one of these fitted) - but this does not look like a decent alternative. <br />Suggestions?<br /><br />Thanks!<br />  Lee</body></html>
------=_Part_2570339_1951009583.1667793541382--

--Apple-Mail-BE24F6AA-38EC-4EC3-BFF6-C48DB668E59F--

--Apple-Mail-92B8C2A7-7071-4B0C-B690-65277D3757B0--

--===============0014146790817572449==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============0014146790817572449==--