Subject: Re: [6pack] Rear end clunk

From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 10:06:57 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5773836788502424930==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0045_01D81365.9E364110"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01D81365.9E364110
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Don't rule out worn driveshaft U-joints or worn/loose mounting bushings on
the differential itself.

Alex Thomson

From: 6pack [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 9:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [6pack] Rear end clunk

Twenty years of rear end clunk when I put it in reverse with cold engine and
I'm tired of it. But as soon as the engine warms up it disappears and i
dismiss it. Do I bite the bullet and get it checked out? I'm sure my
mechanic will say get it fixed. And how much do you think a repaired rear
end will cost me? 

Al in CT with 74 French Blue

____________________________________________________________
 
<https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&utm
_source=mktg&utm_medium=taglines&utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&utm_content=ta
g695&promoCode=A34454> Choose to be safer online.
Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.
Plans starting as low as $6.95 per month.*
NetZero.com/NortonLifeLock
<https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&utm
_source=mktg&utm_medium=taglines&utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&utm_content=ta
g695&promoCode=A34454>  

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01D81365.9E364110
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'>Don&#8217;t =
rule out worn driveshaft U-joints or worn/loose mounting bushings on the =
differential itself.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'>Alex =
Thomson<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o=
:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
6pack [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, January 27, 2022 9:43 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [6pack] Rear =
end clunk<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Twenty =
years of rear end clunk when I put it in reverse with cold engine and =
I'm tired of it. But as soon as the engine warms up it disappears and i =
dismiss it. Do I bite the bullet and get it checked out? I'm sure my =
mechanic will say get it fixed. And how much do you think a repaired =
rear end will cost me?&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Al in CT with 74 French Blue<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;color:black'>__________________________________=
__________________________</span><br><a =
href=3D"https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=3Dnz-n=
LifeLock&amp;utm_source=3Dmktg&amp;utm_medium=3Dtaglines&amp;utm_campaign=
=3Dnzlifelk_launch&amp;utm_content=3Dtag695&amp;promoCode=3DA34454" =
target=3D"_blank"><b><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#004080;text-decoration:n=
one'>Choose to be safer online.</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";text-decoration:none'><br></spa=
n><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black;te=
xt-decoration:none'>Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.<br>Plans =
starting as low as $6.95 per month.*<br></span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'><=
a =
href=3D"https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=3Dnz-n=
LifeLock&amp;utm_source=3Dmktg&amp;utm_medium=3Dtaglines&amp;utm_campaign=
=3Dnzlifelk_launch&amp;utm_content=3Dtag695&amp;promoCode=3DA34454" =
target=3D"_blank">NetZero.com/NortonLifeLock</a></span> =
<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0045_01D81365.9E364110--

--===============5773836788502424930==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============5773836788502424930==--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 15:16:10 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4152297279572655013==
	boundary="----=_Part_958642_671464751.1643296570377"

------=_Part_958642_671464751.1643296570377
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 It could be something as simple as lack of lub on the half-shaft spline jo=
ints.=C2=A0 If it were broken/cracked diff mounts it would likely not go aw=
ay after warm-up.
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Thu, Jan 27, 2022 8:43 am
Subject: [6pack] Rear end clunk

Twenty years of rear end clunk when I put it in reverse with cold engine an=
d I'm tired of it. But as soon as the engine warms up it disappears and i d=
ismiss it. Do I bite the bullet and get it checked out? I'm sure my mechani=
c will say get it fixed. And how much do you think a repaired rear end will=
 cost me?=C2=A0=C2=A0Al in CT with 74 French Blue

____________________________________________________________
Choose to be safer online.
Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.
Plans starting as low as $6.95 per month.*
 NetZero.com/NortonLifeLock_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

@cs.com

------=_Part_958642_671464751.1643296570377
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">It could be something as simple as lack of lub on the half-shaft spline joints.&nbsp; If it were broken/cracked diff mounts it would likely not go away after warm-up.</font><br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave </font><br>
<br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked]<br>
Sent: Thu, Jan 27, 2022 8:43 am<br>
Subject: [6pack] Rear end clunk<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv7837137338">
<div>Twenty years of rear end clunk when I put it in reverse with cold engine and I'm tired of it. But as soon as the engine warms up it disappears and i dismiss it. Do I bite the bullet and get it checked out? I'm sure my mechanic will say get it fixed. And how much do you think a repaired rear end will cost me?&nbsp;</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>Al in CT with 74 French Blue</div>

<br>
<br>
<font size="2" color="#000000">____________________________________________________________</font><br>
<a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" style="TEXT-DECORATION:none;" target="_blank" href="https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&amp;utm_source=mktg&amp;utm_medium=taglines&amp;utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&amp;utm_content=tag695&amp;promoCode=A34454"><font face="Arial"><font size="3" color="#004080"><b>Choose to be safer online.</b></font><br>
<font size="2" color="#000000">Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.<br>
Plans starting as low as $6.95 per month.*<br>
 </font></font></a><font face="Arial"><font size="2" color="#000000"><a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" style="COLOR:#0000ff;" target="_blank" href="https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&amp;utm_source=mktg&amp;utm_medium=taglines&amp;utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&amp;utm_content=tag695&amp;promoCode=A34454">NetZero.com/NortonLifeLock</a></font></font>
</div>
_______________________________________________<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</font></div>
</div>

------=_Part_958642_671464751.1643296570377--

--===============4152297279572655013==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4152297279572655013==--