Subject: [6pack] Distributor Pedestal Sits Too High on Drive Shaft Gear

From: rmf3860 rmf3860 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 19:53:21 -0400

--===============4512407189815341031==

--000000000000d12d2905c6188cba

I'm baffled...

For clarity in describing parts, I'm referring to page 90 of Bentley's.

Fact: The distributor bushing is bottomed out in the block.
Fact: It's 1 1/4" from the shoulder of the stock pedestal to its bottom;
that's how much space it needs to bottom out on the block.
Fact: With the drive gear in place - its slot seated in the oil pump's
groove - the distance from the top of the drive gear to the top of the
block's shoulder, is 1 1/8". That 1/8" difference prevents the pedestal
from sitting flush on the block. We're not talking gasket widths, I'm
saying it's 1/8" difference.

The position of the oil pump shaft is not moveable.

The bushing, drive gear and pedestal are all original. The oil pump is new.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what the problem is? Maybe
someone can measure just the length of the oil pump shaft. If it was 1/8"
shorter, there would be no problem.

Thank you all for your time.
Bob Fabie
Fredericksburg, Va

--000000000000d12d2905c6188cba
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I&#39;m baffled...</div><div><br></div><div>For clari=
ty in describing parts, I&#39;m referring to page 90 of Bentley&#39;s.</div=
><div><br></div><div>Fact: The distributor bushing is bottomed out in the b=
lock.</div><div>Fact: It&#39;s 1 1/4&quot; from the shoulder of the stock p=
edestal to its bottom; that&#39;s how much space it needs to bottom out on =
the block.</div><div>Fact: With the drive gear in place - its slot seated i=
n the oil pump&#39;s groove - the distance from the top of the drive gear t=
o the top of the block&#39;s shoulder, is 1 1/8&quot;. That 1/8&quot; diffe=
rence prevents the pedestal from sitting flush on the block. We&#39;re not =
talking gasket widths, I&#39;m saying it&#39;s 1/8&quot; difference.<br></d=
iv><div><br></div><div>The position of the oil pump shaft is not moveable. =
<br></div><div><br></div><div>The bushing, drive gear and pedestal are all =
original. The oil pump is new.</div><div><br></div><div>Can someone tell me=
 what I&#39;m doing wrong or what the problem is? Maybe someone can measure=
 just the length of the oil pump shaft. If it was 1/8&quot; shorter, there =
would be no problem.</div><div><br></div><div>Thank you all for your time.<=
/div><div>Bob Fabie</div><div>Fredericksburg, Va<br></div></div>

--000000000000d12d2905c6188cba--

--===============4512407189815341031==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============4512407189815341031==--