Subject: [6pack] 74 TR6 fast idle

From: COLIN THOM <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 14:08:24 -0700 (MST)

--===============9185839638717770726==
	boundary="=_488e6fc5-a64b-4207-9ab1-d6e8e040466b"

--=_488e6fc5-a64b-4207-9ab1-d6e8e040466b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

two possibilities. You've got one or both. 

1) fast idle adjustment linkage is dirty including the throttle shaft springs. Clean everything and readjust. Sometimes grit will prevent proper seating of the fast idle adjustment and moving the linkage rapidly, which you do by yanking out the choke cable and shoving it back in, causes it to sit properly. For a short while... 

2) Your throttle shafts are worn and no amount of adjusting anything will correct the erratic behavior. 

From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2021 8:00:32 AM 
Subject: 6pack Digest, Vol 72, Issue 3 

Send 6pack mailing list submissions to 
[email-masked] 

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to 
[email-masked] 

You can reach the person managing the list at 
[email-masked] 

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..." 

Today's Topics: 

1. 74 TR6 fast idle (robert rudolphi) 
2. Re: 74 TR6 fast idle (Richard Lindsay) 
3. Re: 74 TR6 fast idle (Robert Perry) 
4. Re: 74 TR6 fast idle (Robert Perry) 
5. Speaking of choke knob... (im sloane) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Message: 1 
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 14:00:03 +0000 (UTC) 
From: robert rudolphi <[email-masked]> 
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Six Pack 
<[email-masked]> 
Subject: [6pack] 74 TR6 fast idle 

Hi Folks, 
I have a strange idle issue with my 74 stock Stromberg carb TR6. When driving and come to a stop the idle is high, around 1,100 RPM.? Blipping the throttle does nothing, but if i quickly pull the choke out and push it back in it drops to around 800 RPM and stays there. It drives fine but the next time I come to a stop it does the exact same thing and only corrects itself when I quickly pull out and push back in the choke.? 
Any suggestions? 
Thank you, 
Robert 
Robert Rudolphi?74 TR6? 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20210228/dedac0ee/attachment-0001.htm> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 2 
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 08:14:18 -0600 
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]> 
To: robert rudolphi <[email-masked]> 
Cc: Triumphs <[email-masked]>, Six Pack 
<[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 fast idle 
<CAOc+-dyYvuY-DJNkTnutxVxeFoR6q9v4vONv7f7MMPJ=[email-masked]> 

Lubricate everything before looking for more complicated problems. 

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021, 8:01 AM robert rudolphi <[email-masked]> 
wrote: 

> Hi Folks, 
> 
> I have a strange idle issue with my 74 stock Stromberg carb TR6. When 
> driving and come to a stop the idle is high, around 1,100 RPM. Blipping 
> the throttle does nothing, but if i quickly pull the choke out and push it 
> back in it drops to around 800 RPM and stays there. It drives fine but the 
> next time I come to a stop it does the exact same thing and only corrects 
> itself when I quickly pull out and push back in the choke. 
> 
> Any suggestions? 
> 
> Thank you, 
> 
> Robert 
> 
> Robert Rudolphi 
> 74 TR6 
> _______________________________________________ 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html 
> Suggested annual donation $12.96 
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
> 
> 
> [email-masked] 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked] 
> 
> 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20210228/c03015d8/attachment-0001.htm> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 3 
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 09:30:11 -0600 (GMT-06:00) 
From: Robert Perry <[email-masked]> 
To: robert rudolphi <[email-masked]>, 
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Six Pack 
<[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 fast idle 
<[email-masked]> 

An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20210228/0544f7db/attachment-0001.htm> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 4 
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 09:34:17 -0600 (GMT-06:00) 
From: Robert Perry <[email-masked]> 
To: robert rudolphi <[email-masked]>, 
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Six Pack 
<[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 fast idle 
<[email-masked]> 

An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20210228/abd857b9/attachment-0001.htm> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 5 
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 16:00:30 +0000 
From: im sloane <[email-masked]> 
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
Subject: [6pack] Speaking of choke knob... 
<[email-masked]> 

Hey guys, 
Question for my brother: He always twists the choke knob 90 degrees to lock it during startup and after an adjustment during warmup to keep it running. However, for some reason the locking has stopped working. His moves very freely and will return to all-the-way-in unless held by something. Any ideas what may have caused this? 

Sloane 
69 Six 
72 Spit 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20210228/ffbec6fb/attachment.htm> 

------------------------------ 

Subject: Digest Footer 

_______________________________________________ 
6pack mailing list 
[email-masked] 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 

------------------------------ 

End of 6pack Digest, Vol 72, Issue 3 
************************************ 

--=_488e6fc5-a64b-4207-9ab1-d6e8e040466b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 10pt; color: #000000"><div>two possibilities. You've got one or both.<=
/div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>1) fast idle adjustment linka=
ge is dirty including the throttle shaft springs. Clean everything and read=
just. Sometimes grit will prevent proper seating of the fast idle adjustmen=
t and moving the linkage rapidly, which you do by yanking out the choke cab=
le and shoving it back in, causes it to sit properly. For a short while...<=
/div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>2) Your throttle shafts are w=
orn and no amount of adjusting anything will correct the erratic behavior.<=
/div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></di=
v><div><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr" data-marker=3D"__DIVIDER__"><div data-mar=
ker=3D"__HEADERS__"><b>From: </b>[email-masked]<br><b>To: </b=
>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent: </b>Sunday, February 28, 2021 8:00:32 AM<=
br><b>Subject: </b>6pack Digest, Vol 72, Issue 3<br></div><div><br></div><d=
iv data-marker=3D"__QUOTED_TEXT__">Send 6pack mailing list submissions to<b=
r>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><=
br>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<br>&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo=
/6pack<br>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to<br>&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]=
<br><br>You can reach the person managing the list at<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><br>When replyi=
ng, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific<br>than "Re: Conte=
nts of 6pack digest..."<br><br><br>Today's Topics:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. 7=
4 TR6 fast idle (robert rudolphi)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: 74 TR6 fast idle (=
Richard Lindsay)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. Re: 74 TR6 fast idle (Robert Perry)<br>=
&nbsp;&nbsp; 4. Re: 74 TR6 fast idle (Robert Perry)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 5. Spea=
king of choke knob... (im sloane)<br><br><br>------------------------------=
----------------------------------------<br><br>Message: 1<br>Date: Sun, 28=
 Feb 2021 14:00:03 +0000 (UTC)<br>From: robert rudolphi &lt;robertrudolphi@=
yahoo.com&gt;<br>To: "[email-masked]" &lt;[email-masked]&=
gt;, &nbsp;Six Pack<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: [6pack] 74 TR6 fast idle<br>Message-ID=
: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Content-Type: t=
ext/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>&nbsp;Hi Folks,<br>I have a strange idl=
e issue with my 74 stock Stromberg carb TR6. When driving and come to a sto=
p the idle is high, around 1,100 RPM.? Blipping the throttle does nothing, =
but if i quickly pull the choke out and push it back in it drops to around =
800 RPM and stays there. It drives fine but the next time I come to a stop =
it does the exact same thing and only corrects itself when I quickly pull o=
ut and push back in the choke.?<br>Any suggestions?<br>Thank you,<br>Robert=
<br>Robert Rudolphi?74 TR6?<br>-------------- next part --------------<br>A=
n HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http://autox.team.net/piperma=
il/6pack/attachments/20210228/dedac0ee/attachment-0001.htm&gt;<br><br>-----=
-------------------------<br><br>Message: 2<br>Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 08:14=
:18 -0600<br>From: Richard Lindsay &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To:=
 robert rudolphi &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Cc: Triumphs &lt;Trium=
[email-masked]&gt;, Six Pack<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 fast i=
dle<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;C=
AOc+-dyYvuY-DJNkTnutxVxeFoR6q9v4vONv7f7MMPJ=[email-masked]&gt;<br>=
ore looking for more complicated problems.<br><br>On Sun, Feb 28, 2021, 8:0=
1 AM robert rudolphi &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>wrote:<br><br>&gt;=
 Hi Folks,<br>&gt;<br>&gt; I have a strange idle issue with my 74 stock Str=
omberg carb TR6. When<br>&gt; driving and come to a stop the idle is high, =
around 1,100 RPM. &nbsp;Blipping<br>&gt; the throttle does nothing, but if =
i quickly pull the choke out and push it<br>&gt; back in it drops to around=
 800 RPM and stays there. It drives fine but the<br>&gt; next time I come t=
o a stop it does the exact same thing and only corrects<br>&gt; itself when=
 I quickly pull out and push back in the choke.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Any suggest=
ions?<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Thank you,<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Robert<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Rob=
ert Rudolphi<br>&gt; 74 TR6<br>&gt; _______________________________________=
________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt; S=
uggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96<br>&gt; Archive: http://www.team.net/=
archive<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt; [email-masked]<br>&gt; http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>&gt; =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]<br>&g=
t;<br>&gt;<br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML attachment=
 was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachme=
nts/20210228/c03015d8/attachment-0001.htm&gt;<br><br>----------------------=
--------<br><br>Message: 3<br>Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 09:30:11 -0600 (GMT-06=
:00)<br>From: Robert Perry &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: robert rudo=
lphi &lt;[email-masked]&gt;,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"[email-masked]" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, &=
nbsp;Six Pack<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;6pack@=
autox.team.net&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 fast idle<br>Message-ID:<=
br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;79532215.1046.161452=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; =
charset=3D"us-ascii"<br><br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;=
http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20210228/0544f7db/attachm=
ent-0001.htm&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Message: 4<br=
>Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 09:34:17 -0600 (GMT-06:00)<br>From: Robert Perry &l=
t;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: robert rudolphi &lt;robertrudolphi@yahoo=
.com&gt;,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"triumphs@auto=
x.team.net" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, &nbsp;Six Pack<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject=
: Re: [6pack] 74 TR6 fast idle<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;[email-masked]=
.earthlink.net&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"us-ascii"<br><br=
>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http://autox.team.net/piper=
mail/6pack/attachments/20210228/abd857b9/attachment-0001.htm&gt;<br><br>---=
---------------------------<br><br>Message: 5<br>Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 16:=
00:30 +0000<br>From: im sloane &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: "6pack@=
autox.team.net" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: [6pack] Speaking o=
f choke knob...<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&lt;[email-masked]=
od.outlook.com&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>C=
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"iso-8859-1"<br><br>Hey guys,<br>Questio=
n for my brother: He always twists the choke knob 90 degrees to lock it dur=
ing startup and after an adjustment during warmup to keep it running. Howev=
er, for some reason the locking has stopped working. &nbsp;His moves very f=
reely and will return to all-the-way-in unless held by something. &nbsp;Any=
 ideas what may have caused this?<br><br>Sloane<br>69 Six<br>72 Spit<br>---=
----------- next part --------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<=
br>URL: &lt;http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20210228/ffbe=
c6fb/attachment.htm&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Subjec=
t: Digest Footer<br><br>_______________________________________________<br>=
6pack mailing list<br>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman=
/listinfo/6pack<br><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>End of 6pa=
ck Digest, Vol 72, Issue 3<br>************************************<br></div=
></div></body></html>
--=_488e6fc5-a64b-4207-9ab1-d6e8e040466b--

--===============9185839638717770726==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============9185839638717770726==--