Re: [Vintage-race] VIR and other vintage races

To: "Peter L. Krause" <peter@peterkrause.net>,
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] VIR and other vintage races
From: Mike/Donna Carpenter <mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:49:08 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Peter,

I am very thankful to hear your opinion and insight.  I may have met you before
but it was brief.  I have seen your race cars a gazillion times at various
tracks.

I have to admit that I hung out with the Ferarris and Maserati a good part of
saturday.  They were/are absolutely stunning to say the least.  How did you
calculate the $35 mil of value.  I know that the 250GT is quite valuable and
even moreso the 250GTO.  I didn't know that they went up that much in value.

Yep, the historic stock cars were boring.

I still hope to get to Mid-Ohio this year.

It is interesting to see actual numbers and percentages.  I was just going by
the feel of the paddock and empty spaces.  It just hurts me to see it slow down
a bit.  I am sure that you understand what I mean.  You have to be a bigger fan
than I as you have been involved for longer.

I would love to see Summit Point come back with the SVRA Blue/gray challenge
and the Jefferson 500 etc.  Those events were what dreams are made of to me.

Again thanks very much for your input.  I value it and I am sure that others on
this list find this interesting also!

Mike Carpenter