Lotus-SAAB

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Lotus-SAAB
From: rickes gregory <gr743@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:13:42 -0400 (EDT)
> Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:18:58 -0700 (PDT)
> From: John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Saab Powered Lotus Seven???
>
> Ladies and laddies,
>
> I've recently heard of a Saab 850 powered Lotus Seven
> campaigned in the Pennsylvania Hill Climb Association
> in the 1960's by a Dr. Kenneth Gee. This fellow
> apparently had a thing for the Saab motors, having
> other similarly powered competition cars. Anybody ever
> heard of him or his car? I hope to write it up on
> SimpleSevens if I can gather enough info...
>
> Oh, and I'm already in touch with Chuck Christ as it
> was he who mentioned it to me!
>
> Cheers,
> John Donohoe
> SimpleSevens.org

There's a Lotus-SAAB listed on the H Modified entry list for 1964 American
Road Race of Champions

44 Leslie M. Gaylord Lotus Saab HM Aspen, Colo. Midwest

though for some reason I suspect this might not have been a 7; maybe an
11?

Wasn't there also a Lotus 11 - SAAB in the northeast at one time. I did a
Google search and came across an entry for Floyd Stone in such a car at
VIR in bygone days, but nothing in the way of details.

Regards

Greg Rickes