Palm Springs (i.e. Thermal) GP

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Palm Springs (i.e. Thermal) GP
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:48:55 EDT
Hey all:

Has everyone seen the ads/announcements about the so-called Palm Springs
revival (HSR-West event - Nov 18 - 20)?  I checked out the location on  Google
Maps yesterday.  Its one hell of a long way from Palm Springs.   Not sure how
there's any real connection there (unless of course, the only  hotels you can
stay in are all the way back in PS)?

The old PS was one of my absolute FAVORITE venues.   The PS  weekend in '95
was Donna's and my first date (won my race, got on ESPN, and  ended up marrying
my date....HOW do you top that???).   Part of the  charm of the event was the
proximity to great shopping and restaurants in  PS.  You could literally
wander a few blocks from the track and eat and  shop your heart out.

While its great that someone is trying to bring racing back to PS, Thermal
is NOT Palm Springs.   Its a genuine shame that no one's been able to  stage
another true Palm Springs Grand Prix.   Guess I'll just  have to be content
with
my memories.

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen