SimpleSevens Update

To: lotus@se7ens.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: SimpleSevens Update
From: John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 04:49:47 -0800 (PST)
Hello Gents,

With two feet of snow outside my window here in
Michigan, and -5 degrees F, I've managed to keep
indoors long enough to prepare another quick update to
SimpleSevens...

First off, another THANK YOU to Steve Stitle for his
recent vote of support. (full 'financial report' at
the bottom of htis message if you're interested)

On to the Sevens! Patrik Eklov shows his latest
acqusition , a stunning S2 which he found in England.
His SIV may become available, so watch this space! If
you just can't wait to buy an SIV, Olle Bergqvist is
representing one for sale. A completely rebuilt car in
black with gold coachlines, it really looks the part.
Or, if you're looking for an S2 in Scandinavia, Gorm
Poulsen has decided the S2 he just bought is not for
him, and he's listing it for sale!

Meanwhile, yes, I'm still plugging away on the DSK
story, which is sort of an interesting read even
without the Lotus Seven bit at the end. I've bounced
it back off of David Kaplan and am awaiting some
additional photographs of his early racing days to
round out the first part. I've also been chatting with
Pat Prince and Tom Robertson in relation to DSK and
will try to include some of their views as well,
though perhaps not in this first installment.

How convenient that a DSK restored Seven has appeared
on Ebay that we can review to see some of the pieces
that Kaplan produced besides the suspension bits. The
nose cone and wings of this car all appear to be from
Kaplan's moulds (which are still in use in Wisconsisn
I'm told). I currently have a complete DSK 'Formula
Car suspension' kit for the Seven which I will clean
up and document for the benefit of Seven owners and
buyers, and also have a line on the rear anti-roll bar
kit, with which I will do the same.

Thanks again for all your support, verbal and
otherwise... I continue to enjoy keeping the site up
and hope to do so for a long time to come.

Cheers,
John Donohoe
SimpleSevens

FINANCIAL REPORT: I've received about $470 in total
with which I have purchased the approximately $250
drive and adapter card mentioned previously. I
recently I bought a $150 scanner which will allow me
to scan your images and return them more efficiently.
My next goal will probably be a dedicated notebook
computer, which I can get at reasonable cost from my
local Apple dealer who happens also to be a Lotus fan.
And I also spoke briefly with my attorney who
suggested I do not try to form a non-profit or even a
formal business out of SimpleSevens yet.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html