TR4 camber adjustment

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 camber adjustment
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:03:06 +0000
As all racing TR4 owners know there is no front camber adjustment on the car
and the resulting wheel angles, when cornering hard, are a sight to behold

There are a couple of ways of remedying this, including cutting the front upper
wishbones and installing Revington TR's sliding top mounts

I've got the Revington kit and a set of spare wishbones. The previous
"maintainer" (names withheld to protect the guilty) bolted the body to the
chassis without the requisite packing pieces and there's insufficient clearance
between the strut tower and the inner wing to get a socket on the top mounts

Do I:

* Cut the inner wing to get access to fit the kit
* release the body, lift it, gain access to fit the kit and drop it back
* release the body, lift it, gain access.. and reset the height correctly
* Cut the inner wing to get access and fit cut-down wishbones
* etc

If I cut the wishbones, any suggestions - preferably based on experience - for
how much to shorten them by? I have between zero and half a degree of positive
camber now, and want between a half and one-and-a-half degree of negative

This is 90% a race car, the other 10% being noisy rides to and from the
racetrack and the occasional blast to Brooklands or Prescott

Nick Froome
http://www.bolide.co.uk