RE: we did the turkey bowl in a big way!

To: "'vintage-race'" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: we did the turkey bowl in a big way!
From: "Phil Roettjer" <proettjer@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:40:01 -0500
I will second Chuck's summary that the event was great fun and very
successful. Many thanks to Mark Palmer for his effort in organizing it!

In the true Colin Chapman tradition my Lotus 7 held together until I
crossed the finish line of the last race on Sunday. On the cool down lap
the right rear wire wheel hub broke and I lost the wheel. I am very
thankful that it did not break during the heat of the racing! I also
want to give special thanks to the corner workers who helped me find the
errant wheel. It took about half a dozen workers searching for about 20
minutes to find it. It is amazing how far a spinning wheel will travel.
Now that I have the car back home the biggest effort will be pounding
the rear fender back into shape since the wheel bent it up when exiting
out the rear.

Phil Roettjer
58 Lotus 7
53 Lotus 6