td cam circlip and engine failure

To: Rssquire@aol.com
Subject: td cam circlip and engine failure
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 04:58:54 EST
Rob (and list),

I read with horror the bit about the camshaft circlip failure causing the oil
pump gear to walk and get in the way of the crank and con rod causing
catastrophic failure.  I just built an XPAG for a friend ($$$ and just a
street engine) and am putting it in the car this weekend and am concerned
over this loose cannon.  Is there anything I can inspect (while I still have
the engine on the stand) to insure that this won't happen?

Rod Schweiger