Re: driver cooling

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: driver cooling
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:01:22 -0500
Tom:

Proban is the cotton stuff I was thinking of.  The following is a quote from

http://www.quattroclubusa.org/r/potomac/tips.htm

I have read this in other sites also.

There are two materials that are used extensively in the manufacture of
driving suits, Proban and Nomex. Proban is a cotton-based material that has
been chemically treated to make it fire retardant. This treatment
diminishes with washing. It is used primarily in single layer economy suits
although there has been a disturbing increase in manufacturers using it to
manufacture inexpensive multi-layer suits.

Greg