German DTM Volvo 240 Turbo History

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: German DTM Volvo 240 Turbo History
From: dbarton@linkline.com
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 02:51:22 GMT
I'm looking for any detailed info on the 1984-88 DTM race seasons,
particularly info on the Group A Volvo 240 Turbos that were raced.  A friend
is restoring one of these racers for Southern Calif. HSR-West events and
we're having trouble finding any history for the car.  The car is an '84 and
as near as we can tell, was campaigned in DTM (and possibly ETCC) by Derichs
Rennwagen and sponsored by Jack Filter of Austria.
Thanks,
Dave Barton
dbarton@linkline.com