Re: head lamps

To: marshall@nefcom.net
Subject: Re: head lamps
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:18:31 EST
marshall@nefcom.net writes:

> Hi Joe, I'm signed up for Savannah and I sent the car info to you last week.
> It's got a headlight on the left side and a contoured screen on the right.
> There's no ducting behing the screen, just open to the engine compartment.
> I've been running with VDCA this way but I've been wondering if I'll need to
> change it before coming up?
>
> Thanks, Don

Yes, I have received your RCIS and we are looking forward to meeting you at
Savannah. You will have to tape over the the side that is open. I would
prefer that you just put another headlight back in. They don't have to work,
but the car will look a lot more correct for the period. Working headlights
can be a great help in overtaking and passing situations, especially on fast
cars during enduros.

I am really surprised that the VDCA people haven't said anything because they
claim to follow period rules so strictly.

Jack Woehrle
SVRA