From Peter Ross RE: Clairmonte Special (Lotus Mk VII)

To: lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: From Peter Ross RE: Clairmonte Special (Lotus Mk VII)
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:55:52 -0800 (PST)
Forwarded from Peter Ross - by John D - thought you
lot might be interested if you haven't seen it yet!
Please forgive the duplication if you have :-)

Peter Ross Writes:

Dear All,

My article about this car has been accepted for a
future issue of "Classic and Sports Car" magazine, but
I do not know when it will be published.

The editor, James Elliott, is happy for it to appear
on the Web and in HLR if Mike feels it would be
appropriate.

In the mean time John Donohoe of the US Lotus Seven
Club [not really!] has published my story in a series
of instalments on his web site.  Have a look at
http://www.simplesevens.com/ and click on the photo of
the Clairmonte.

I have about 90 photographs which may be used to
illustrate the article, and I have already produced a
shortened version of just under 2000 words if this
would be more acceptable.

I am still researching the history of the Riley that
Clive Clairmonte raced, and it may not have been the
Kelly-IRA after all, but an ex-Dobbs car.  I will know
more soon.

I am still keen to form a syndicate to raise #50,000
to buy the car and get it in a fit state to enter
historic races.  100 shares @ #500 will do it, and you
can have more than one share!  Any ideas who could
advise me on the legal side of forming such a
syndicate (without paying an arm and a leg for the
advice)?
--
Peter Ross
The Birches, Cuckoo Mills, FALMOUTH Cornwall UK TR11