Re: Volvo historic series

To: <John.Desantis@inficon.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Volvo historic series
From: "Charles F. Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:36:25 -0500
i had inquired last year about this series.  i was told that if i had a car
that had a log book that predated the requirements for a full cage i would
be accepted with a rollbar (with all the proper required bracing).   but if
my car did not have a log book that went back that far....i'd be required to
have a full cage in the car.  what i find funny about this is there are 4
cars like mine racing in unitedstates right now (1960 saab sedan 93F).  2
are from central florida and have been competing with the scca vintage
events down there.  1 car just recently constructed (as mine was).  these
cars are activly running scca.  but my car is not welcome , (without further
adition to complete a cage) yet my car's rollbar is identical to the other 3
cars in the country.   we all compared notes from each other in construction
of my car and i'm positive it was the same for the car in florida too.  any
way, i was told if my car were to be updated (wich if it were, i could not
get into it any more!) i would be required to attend an scca drivers school
since i only posess a scca solo1 lisence.  wich i feel is not a bad thing.
the aditional protection of an improved safety structure would be to my
benifit.  i am not arguing that point.  but my car is already a back marker
in present form.  the aditional weight the car would gain would be a
detrement to what little performance the 850cc is delivering now.  so i
chose to pass on the volvo hysterics.  gee!  i'm trying to go as fast as i
can with the car....not slow it down (although many group1 competitors who
pass me may beg to differ on that statement.....)

chuck.